This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 1 || Vanguard Society

Topic » Episode 1 || Vanguard Society

611 days 21 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
| Seattle, Washington |

NEWS CHANNEL 3 BREAKING NEWS

Reporter: Hello everyone, good afternoon. We are here in the eye witness news room. We are currently watching over the scene of an armed bank robbery. Let’s go up to our reporter flying above the scene right now, Baker Johnson. Baker, please explain the situation

Baker:  Well, We’ve been hovering over the bank for about 30 minutes now, it is believed the suspects first entered the bank about an hour ago. There are approximately 30 hostages in the building and no signs of them being released anytime soon. The police are on the scene, trying to take control of the situation. It’s- it’s not looking to good though.

Inside the bank are a dozen men dressed in all black and wearing ski masks to cover their faces. Some are standing behind the walls, constantly peering out the windows to keep cover and make sure nobody is pursuing, and the others are holding the hostages at gun point.

Robber 1: The fuck is taking so long?

Robber 2: We’re waiting on Quiver. Let em’ do his thing…

Just outside of the bank vault, the bank teller falls to the floor, bruised and battered. Quiver stands over him, wiping blood off his fist. He kneels down, looking at the teller

Quiver: Last time. Open. It.

Bank Teller: You don’t understand, I- I can’t! Please, you have to understand!

Quiver looks down, gritting his teeth. “Okay…” he says, looking back up at the Teller and placing his hands on the sides of the poor man’s head. The Teller closes his eyes in fear as strong vibrations slowly start to come off Quiver’s hands and rapidly shake the Bank Teller’s head. He groans in pain as Quiver doesn’t let up

Quiver: Tell. Me…

Suddenly, Quiver hears a loud crash outside of the vault, which scares the shit out of him. He tenses and let’s out a stronger pulse of vibrations due to the jump scare, which instantly turns the Bank Tellers brain into mush. He lets go of the Teller and watches his lifeless body fall to the floor with blood seeping out of his nose.

Quiver: SHIT!

He stands up and runs out of the vault room, seeing the front of the bank, blown wide open. He watches his men shoot at a woman with an orange orb shielding her from the bullets. Quiver notices the woman’s eyes glowing green and his jaw drops. “NovaStar…” he whispers to himself.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/6a8ffdde8f2422d192e604b673961d55/7cce8864f01e07eb-23/s400x600/366592823a5cb01f36e945eafe5f812bf7b3570f.gifv

NovaStar lowers the shield as the firing stops and shoots the energy of a star out of her hand, burning a couple robbers to a crisp like nothing. Quiver watches this in fear and looks over at the group of robbers controlling the hostages. One of them goes to pull the trigger on a hostage, but suddenly gets shot square in the chest. As he falls to the ground, Quiver sees Bullet-Man seemingly appear out of thin air. Bullet-Man reaches down into his holster and pulls out his gun. He points it behind his back and shoots it over his shoulder, hitting one of the robbers without looking.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/50d383adf50b3f65be86d190b2b1c0ba/b268b9265326fe5c-79/s540x810/9858c06e6acaf552ec734c912a72417ac0bd54a3.gif

At this moment, Quiver realizes he is in some deep shit and turns around to run out the back of the bank, but is met with Garmanarnar, filling up the entire hallway and slowly oozing towards him so there is no escape. “Hello!” Garmanarnar says, happily greeting him.

Quiver: Holy shit!

Quiver turns around to make a break for the front. He is forced to stop dead in his tracks as a shadowy figure rises from the floor right in front of him. Nyx emerges from the ground, standing right in front of Quiver, who is at a loss for words. He puts his hands up and goes down to his knees, finally surrendering to the Vanguard Society. Nyx gives him a little smirk as he surrenders, delighted that he decided to go out the easy way.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7e/3f/1a/7e3f1ae2e59ab9fa42b887cd80ef3d37.gif

————————————
NEWS CHANNEL 3

Baker Johnson: Hello everyone, Baker Johnson here, on the ground now at the scene of the bank robbery that had just taken place in Seattle just moments ago. All has been resolved and lives were indeed saved. Casualties did occur with the terrorists and one hostage was killed. I am here with a couple members of the Vanguard Society, who arrived to the scene and deescalated the situation with ease. NovaStar, would you like to say anything about what just occurred?

The camera turns to point at NovaStar as Baker holds the mic under her mouth

NovaStar: My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of the victim here today. I’m deeply saddened we couldn’t get here before he was killed. But rest assured, his killer was caught and you will be fully compensated for what happened.

Baker moves the mic over to Bullet-Man and the camera follows. “And how about you, Mr. Bullet-Man” he asks.

Bullet-Man: I just want everyone watching to know, the man who did this today, will never see the light of day again. I promise. And you may be wondering what’s next for us. Well, we’ll be watching . We always do. But I think tonight is cause for celebration!

The crowd around them starts cheering him on and chanting his name.

Bullet-Man: Yeah! Gonna get fucking plastered tonight! WOO!

Baker very quickly brings the mic back to himself and looks at the camera, scared that his job is at stake after that incident.

Baker: uhm. There you have it. Another tragedy avoided today, all thanks to the Vanguard Society. We will keep you updated on following events.
611 days 21 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
————————————
The Channel 3 News broadcast is being played in a living room as Ted Hitchcock sits on a couch, watching in disgust.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/91e935bf44d4e2ab99269e26dd5b99d8/tumblr_mvra1l2c8f1t09qx2o1_500.gifv

“Can you believe this? These people are celebrating after slaughtering some petty criminals. Hell, they let a guy die before they did anything to help.” Ted says, looking back as Blake Bailey walks through the hallway, and into the living room.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/e841287716f387f9b4196e1ff78caa34/tumblr_inline_pt466kNd371td6bff_1280.gif

Blake: Sometimes I think you forget that you’re actually a wanted man, Ted. You’re one of those ‘petty criminals’, You know that, right?

Ted: Hey, it’s different!

Blake: You turned someone’s mom… into a baby… A literal infant, Ted. Who cares how different it is. You’re fucked.

Ted: I know, I know. But I’m going to fix it. I promise. And then I’ll leave your apartment… Okay?

Blake just blinks at Ted and shakes their head. “Whatever. Im gonna go out and sign autographs as Bullet-Man. Don’t worry, I’ll charge people this time so I can pay to feed you.” Blake tells Ted before leaving the apartment.
611 days 21 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
————————————
Northern Seattle

Mood Swing sits on the edge of a building, looking out at the city. He kicks his feet back and forth and twiddles with his thumbs. He looks behind him when he hears footsteps approaching.

https://c.tenor.com/36GLxLMJh2AAAAAC/turning-around-negative-man.gif

“Nysa.” He says, turning back to look out at the city. Nysa walks up to him with a smile on her face.

Nysa: You don’t seem too happy. Want me to cheer you up?

She sits down next to him, offering a smile, but receives nothing back. Mood Swing just sits there, staring off. Nysa looks down after getting no response.

https://cutewallpaper.org/21/virginia-gardner-hot/virginia-gardner-Album-on-Imgur.gif

Nysa makes some awkward noises just to break the silence. She clears her throat and starts clicking her tongue here and there.

Nysa: Is it because they caught him-

Mood Swing: Yes.

Nysa blinks for a moment after that quick response

Nysa: Okay… Well there’s other bad guys out there, Moody. Quiver wasn’t the only one.

Mood Swing: I wanted to be the one to put him away. He-

Nysa: I know what he did to you… Can I give you some seasoned advice? Bad guys like that come and go all the time. I hate to burst your bubble, but Quiver wasn’t all that special. He vibrates things with his hands… you win that battle every time. Don’t you want a real fight?

Mood Swing sits there like a statue, not showing any emotions. Admittedly, Nysa has a point, but he doesn’t say anything. He just sits there. Nysa sighs and stands up, looking down at him.

Nysa: I’ll catch you when you’re in a better mood. Maybe I’ll find another nemesis for you, just to cheer you up a little.

She walks off, and Mood Swing is left sitting there, pondering while looking out at the city.
611 days 21 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
————————————
Parker Kurr sits at a desk in the corner of the living room of Farrah Haywood’s apartment. He fidgets with a police radio and rubs his eyes, sighing. He takes a sip from a cup of coffee from Petrified Cafe, which is where he works. He sets the cup down then looks up to see Farrah walking in the room.

https://i.gifer.com/Bz8d.gif

Parker: Something’s gotta be wrong with this thing. How did we not hear about the robbery earlier?

Farrah stands there and places her arms behind her back, looking at Parker.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/3c2a7fbcfa6e79874a2f32a88e44e167/bee7ddfdc951e50c-e9/s500x750/38de6a1bbc8faf79bb70d1d884edc2d37c571bd5.gifv
Farrah: I thought you were the one who knew how the radio works…

Parker looks up at Farrah, realizing this one is his mistake.

Parker: I do… it’s just… Shit, maybe they use different channels for each district of the city? We might need more of these radios.

Farrah: Oh lovely! Fill my entire apartment up with those things, why don’t you?

Farrah chuckles and walks off to her bedroom while Parker picks his things up and heads back to his place for the night.
611 days 21 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
————————————
Central District

Morgan Yoon and Winnie Vaice lay down on the edge a rooftop, overlooking a large garage/warehouse building. They lay on their stomachs, drinking milkshakes as they watch and wait. Morgan finishes her milkshake and starts slurping it, trying to savor as much as she can. Winnie just watches Morgan, waiting for her to stop.

https://data.whicdn.com/images/316057605/original.gif

Winnie: Wanna focus?

Morgan takes the shake out of her mouth and chuckles, setting the cup to the side.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/aec004ce34833e0bb3ebf5790ea6c17b/e55c8ad9b86dda4d-a4/s540x810/4928b8ad0b263945af4cb34dfff416a5088c323d.gifv

Morgan: Focus on what exactly? Nothing is happening.

She motions to the warehouse, showing Winnie how lackluster the action is. Winnie looks down at the warehouse and sighs.

Winnie: Yeah… well Byte is still checking things out near the docks, so you never know. Just be ready.

Morgan: Yeah, sure. Hey, don’t you think a biker gang is a bit under our pay grade? We’re both way above this.

Winnie: What pay grade? Are you getting paid?

Winnie raises a brow at Morgan, who rolls her eyes then also rolls over on her back to look up at the sky.

Winnie: I know we could be doing more, but Hell’s Angels isn’t exactly a joke. There’s something shady going on in that warehouse and we just have to wait until it’s a good time to attack.

Morgan: How about wake me up when it’s the right time. I’m not gonna sit here and twiddle my badass thumbs all night.

Morgan rests her eyes as Winnie continues to watch the Hell’s Angels warehouse, growing impatient.
611 days 21 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
————————————
Discovery Park

Echo sits in an open patch of grass at Discovery Park, having conversations with himself inside his head. He hears talking and slowly turns his head to look where it’s coming from. He sees Tommy Connolly, looking up at a tree and talking to a couple squirrels about the bank robbery earlier. Echo shakes his head and closes his eyes once again, taking deep breathes as he does so. His meditation quickly gets interrupted again as he hears car tires screeching on the road. He opens his eyes and looks over, seeing 4 people get out of the car. They start rushing after an elderly couple that’s just taking a stroll together, holding guns up to them. Echo stands up and starts walking towards the group of thugs, summoning powers from one of his infinite-selves throughout all dimensions. “Hey!” He yells out, quickly approaching them. The thugs look over at him and go to point their guns at Echo, but instead drop them and hold their heads in pain before falling to the ground in extreme agony. Echo watches this then looks down at them in confusion.

Echo: … What?

https://64.media.tumblr.com/cd583bca8d8544b6a9830d81ef2014ca/tumblr_p6u4cnSBo11wb2msjo3_400.gifv

Out of nowhere, an ice cream truck drives by and begins playing that ice cream truck tune. Echo watches the truck passing by, even more confused as he sees Boris Matveyev, The Ice Cream Man, looking out the window at him, waving.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/7dcaae9f1dec889bb30c1aa3df62d127/tumblr_pnfwx5whA01y7ncodo6_r1_540.gifv

————————————
Central District Docks

Byte stands on a fire escape, looking down at the boat docks on the lake. She sighs, not finding any criminal activities that usually occur there due to more cops being out on patrol after todays attack on the bank. She clenched her fist and viciously punches the brick wall next to her, cracking a couple of the bricks near where she punched. Byte calls it quits for the night and heads down the fire escape then walks down an alley. Back on the fire escape, Peyton Martell, The Chameleon stops camouflaging and reveals herself up against the wall, right next to where Byte punched. He exhales sharply after nearly getting brain damage. She looks to the side at the cracked bricks and chuckles in relief. She looks in front of her, out at the lake and places her finger over an ear piece she’s wearing.

Peyton: Byte’s gone. I’ll meet you down there.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/18/e1/89/18e1892adb1029fc705bee9c10f8dc06.gif

She smirks, then jumps off the fire escape, nailing the landing. Peyton walks down to the docks to sell some goods to two sketchy men who are wearing leather vests with the words ‘Hell’s Angels’ stitched into them.
611 days 21 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
————————————
Vanguard Tower

A crowd has been formed in front of Vanguard Tower ever since the conclusion of the robbery that was hours ago. Thousands of people are waiting outside to get an autograph after hearing that Bullet-Man was doing a meet and greet earlier and charging people for them, which is kind of unlike him, but nobody questions it. One of the surviving suspects of the bank robbery walks up to the tower, wearing a jacket, sunglasses and hat as a disguise. He walks into the middle of the crowd and pulls a box out of his jacket. He raises it in the air and people quickly notice him and scatter from the scene, screaming. With the crowd cleared out, the man begins to walk towards the tower, smirking. All security does is point their guns at him and yell “STAND DOWN!” The man chuckles, still holding up the box in one hand and a detonator in the other. A subtle “hey…” could be heard. The man turns around and instantly gets met with Mykah Bascom’s hair, slamming into his face, knocking him out, cold. Mykah looks down at the piece of garbage she just took out, as security comes over to cuff him.

Security guard: Thank you… I thought he was gonna do it.

Mykah smirks at the security guard

https://64.media.tumblr.com/3883766ba662abc5edb18754aeefce37/ecb613fa1bdc0021-ca/s400x600/87bf46347370c6303c119fccecc3c398e626040d.gifv

Mykah: Well that’s because he was… You guys weren’t doing anything.

The guards take him away, and the crowd that dispersed from the threat starts cheering her on. Mykah smiles and waves to the people cheering for her. The people suddenly stop cheering as they all start looking up at the tower, where they can faintly see NovaStar standing at the top with an aura of light surrounding her, looking down at Mykah. A drone pops out of the tower and flies down to the ground, stopping when it arrives in front of Mykah. She blinks at the drone, which is equipped with an array of guns and rockets, painted black, and barely makes any noise while flying. The drone suddenly pops out some confetti and a recording plays from it.

Drone: Congratulations! We want you to come to our annual Vanguard tryouts! Bring your A-game, hero. The very best will be watching!

The drone slips out a piece of paper, inviting Mykah to the UTF for tryouts. She looks down at the paper, reading the invitation and smiles. “Oh my god!” She yells, ecstatic to receive this opportunity. The drone flies back up to the tower, leaving Mykah. After a few moments of awkward silence, the crowd starts to go wild for her again.

————————————
UTF, Seattle branch

Heather Wickstrom stands in the center of a giant, dimly lit room. She pulls a bow off her shoulder and takes an arrow out of the quiver on her back. “Ready.” She says, confidently.

https://geekinggoddessdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/tumblr_mwjdmgghar1r9i187o5_400.gif

Lasers start to point all throughout the room. They soon dissipate, as holograms of people charging at Heather would start to appear. She quickly pulls her arrow back and releases at the holograms.

Heather walks out of the dim room, leading to the rest of the Underground Training Facility. She makes a turn to see a screen on the wall, showing her training stats. A trainer smiles at Heather as she looks at the screen.

Trainer: You’re Improving day by day. 79% accuracy yesterday, 81% today. Keep it up.

Heather stands there, full of joy and excitement. The trainer walks off to another area of the facility to help someone else. They walk by a room where they can see Crystal Wagner training her reflexes by slowing projectile objects as they shoot at her.

The trainer continues on until they hear a “psss” sound. They raise an eyebrow then looks over, seeing Allison behind a wall, smirking. She quickly moves back behind the wall, hiding herself. The trainer shakes their head then moves on farther into the facility to see Daniel Ortiz, throwing objects at targets with his mind. The trainer nods at him then keeps moving on, walking past other npc heroes that are training. She heads up a set of stairs and enters a luxury office room. A man sits in front of a window, overlooking the entire facility and all the superheroes training. The trainer walks over to him.

Trainer: What do you think?

Bullet-Man looks up from the notebook for a second to see the trainer standing next to his seat. He looks back down at the note book and continues jotting stuff down.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/e9241345d0a9a1ec9c7da13e01687b78/1f68c8b8fe1654b0-3c/s540x810/bf7aa938164aceda71db2c79c5dd23b35b54d5bf.gifv

Bullet-Man: … They’re good. Not good enough to be Vanguards though. We need more.

Trainer: Sir, these are the best we’ve got so far.

Bullet-Man: Come on. Garmanarnar could take all of these fucking millennials any day of the week.

Trainer: we are on the lookout every day. We started sending out more drones to scout for us. We will find the missing pieces you want.

Bullet-Man: Good. For past two years, it’s just been the same four of us on the team. Expansion has been long overdue.

Trainer: I know. I promise you, we’ve got it covered! Nothing but the best for you guys!

The trainer shoots a quick thumbs up at Bullet-Man before scurrying out of the room. Bullet-Man turns back to look out at the facility and take more notes.
611 days 21 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
————————————
Petrified Cafe

The morning after the bank robbery, Austin Kavanaugh walks into the Petrified Cafe, rolling a stroller in front of him. Inside the stroller is a baby girl. Austin looks visibly uncomfortable as he walks up to the counter, looking at the cashier. There are bags under his eyes and his skin is pale.

Austin: I need to go downstairs. I know the owner…

Austin places a business card that is completely unrelated to the cafe, on the counter, still looking at the cashier. The scene skips to Austin standing in a descending elevator, still holding on to the stroller. When the elevator comes to a stop and opens, he walks out. In front of him is a long, dimly lit hallway. He walks down the hall until he reaches the room at the end. Austin walks into the room, pulling the stroller in behind him. There’s a person sitting in the middle of the room with their back turned to him. Austin looks down at the person

https://c.tenor.com/kVG8PxZ6Ak4AAAAC/ethan-mac-ethan-machado.gif
Austin: We need to talk.

??: Fatigue and sickness after receiving your gift is perfectly normal.

Austin bites his lips, having ran out of patience long before he walked in the room.

Austin: Taryn!

Taryn Ayala slowly turns her head to look back at Austin, not saying anything. Austin holds his hand out

Austin: What… Is this.

He points at the vent in the corner of the room. Spiders, ants, and bees start crawling out of it. Taryn looks down at the bugs and blinks.

Taryn: That is your gift.

Taryn gets up and goes to pour herself a drink while Austin stands there, very stressed out at the moment

Austin: I told you. Time manipulation. That’s what I needed. My mom is a baby, sitting in this fucking stroller! What are bugs going to do for me?

Taryn takes a seat in a chair with her glass. She takes a sip then looks at Austin

https://media.giphy.com/media/1zRgT22BqVISJMFRLS/giphy.gif

Taryn: I told you beforehand that the results may not be what you expected, did I not?

Austin: I- yes. You did. You did. But is there anything you can do? Can you change this?

Taryn: No. if I were to do that, it would kill you. Almost instantly.

Austin sighs, looking down at his mom in the stroller. Taryn looks at him for a moment then sets her glass down.

Taryn: Austin, listen. I’ve seen it all before. There’s been so many people in need that have came to me for these powers. Almost none of them get what they want. But all the ones who stay determined to making things right, are the ones that succeeded. The ones who get angry at the word because of it, are the ones that fall… Which one are you going to do Austin? Do you want your mother back the way she was?

Austin looks up at her, nearly inspired. He nods after hearing what she had to say. He wipes his eyes. “I’m gonna- I’m gonna go get some sleep first…” he says, before walking out of the room.

As Austin leaves, a tall, dark, shadowy demon appears behind Taryn. Taryn looks down as she can feel his presence. The demon starts laughing sinisterly.

Demon: Wow… You’ve always had a way with words, haven’t you, Little Taryn? Ever since you were a child. You think that little pep talk is going to help him? Poor kid is never getting his mom back!

The Demon continues to laugh as Taryn slowly turns her head around to glare at him

https://64.media.tumblr.com/9eaae3700de184c46dfa79b8014d1335/tumblr_p3e2g1pWaw1w4o2dko1_540.gifv

————————————
Welcome to the very first episode of Vanguard Society! I hope you’re all as excited as I am! He’s my planned out schedule for the episode

Thursday: ep will open at 6pm EST, no event for that night, just settle into your characters and mingle

Friday: Event will begin at 7pm EST

Saturday: Event will begin at 6pm EST

Sunday: Event will begin at 6pm EST, episode will close shortly after.

If you cannot make these times, please let me know so I can figure out a way to still include you!!

(Do not post until 6pm EST on Thursday!!!)
609 days 23 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
(OPEN)
609 days 23 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
Austin sits in discovery park with a stroller next to him.

Peyton is walking around Central District, looking for some trouble to get into.
609 days 23 hours ago
hazbez94
*Ali walks out of the UTF, heading towards the Petrified Café, she hails for a cab*
609 days 23 hours ago
Mitsuki
*Morgan is completely and entirely just dozing off on one of the central park benches, a couple of birds have taken to roosting on her immobile arm.*
609 days 23 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
Austin notices Morgan starting to attract birds and feels kinda bad. A couple bees start swarming the birds, scaring them off.

Taryn sits in the cafe, acting as a customer because she was a lil hungry
609 days 23 hours ago
hazbez94
*Ali gets out of the cab and walks into the café noticing Taryn, she walks up and orders a coffee continuing to look over at her*
609 days 23 hours ago
Mitsuki
*Morgan groans, opening one eye-- just one, watching the birds n'such.*
Don't eat the bees you weirdos! *She swats at the birds, tempted to chase after the bees before peeping Austin.*
D'you think I'd get a ticket if I ate one of these birds like.. as a warning shot? *She blinks.*
609 days 22 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
Taryn drinks her coffee while looking down at a book that she is dead focused on. She feels someone looking at her, but plays it off.

Austin blinks back at Morgan
“I-… I’m sure there’s laws against that, yes.”

open group

Vanguard Society

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!