This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

World Song Contest 2 - Live Show

Topic » World Song Contest 2 - Live..

996 days 12 hours ago
Alexeh23
15. Liberia
Kat Graham - Put Your Graffiti on Me

996 days 12 hours ago
Alexeh23
16. Armenia
Srbuk - Yete Karogh Es

996 days 12 hours ago
Alexeh23
17. Turkmenistan
Jeÿhun Atajykow - Sen meñki

996 days 12 hours ago
Alexeh23
18. China
Lexie Liu - Shadow

996 days 12 hours ago
Alexeh23
19. Jamaica
Hope Tala, Aminé - Cherries

996 days 12 hours ago
Alexeh23
20. Bangladesh
ZooEL ft. Protic Hasan - Brazil naki Argentina

996 days 12 hours ago
Alexeh23
21. Sierra Leone
KABBA - Rather Be Single

996 days 12 hours ago
Alexeh23
22. Malaysia
Raissa - Bullying Boys

996 days 12 hours ago
Alexeh23
All 22 songs have been posted!
WSCers START YOUR VOTING!

For your votes to count post a brief set of comments here about each song. You may not reveal your own entry in these comments.

Then send your points 12,10, 8-1 (in the traditional Eurovision style) to Alexeh23, unless you are voting next Friday, in which case send them to Catch_a_falling_star. If in doubt, send to both of us!

If you have any questions please ask.
You have until next Friday 8/27 at 19:00 BST (13/8) to comment and vote. I will then host the Results show where we will crown our second winner an hour later at 20:00 BST.

Alexeh :)
995 days 18 hours ago
nateclove
Wow I'm posting comments early because idk if I'll have the time during the week! Good luck everyone! I enjoyed almost everything this week and its gonna be super hard to vote so wish me luck besties!

☆ United States - Ambar Lucid - "Universe" - Ohhhh bitch we are starting off strong! This was giving me SEX although the song didn't seem to be about it. Pretty fierce entry!

☆ United Kingdom - Morcheeba - "Gimme Your Love" - PERIODTTT! Such a strong entry too! I loooooved the bass and the vocals and overall aesthetic was just so ugh like yes give me cunt!

☆ Poland - Margaret - "Cool Me Down" - This was super cute! Honestly I don't connect to it as much as I do the other two entries HOWEVER that being said this is still a solid entry!

☆ Iraq - WAFIA - "I'm Good" - AYOOOO this shit is 🔥🔥🔥! That BASS chile and her voice even the lyrics ughhhh slay me queen!

☆ Kosovo - GASHI ft. Pink Sweat$, Njomza - "Upset" - This is CUTE. I don't find myself vibing with it as much as the other songs but this is in no way a bad song so good luck!

☆ Trinidad & Tobago - Patrice Roberts - "Judgement Stage" - Ayyyy I haven't heard this song in a hot minute! I remember when it was all the rage in the Caribbean. Still not one of my favorite dancehall songs though, imo. Feels like there are better ones to be heard.

☆ Cuba - Mayra Veronica - "Mama Mia" - This is giving high energy dance bop and I'm living for this but honestly gurl there was just too much going on! Sometimes less is more imo.

☆ South Korea - Dami Im - "Fighting for Love" - Bruh how am I even gonna vote this round cause all these songs are so goood! This was fire queen keep fighting for that mf love!

☆ Czech Republic - Verona - "Ztracená bloudím" - The thing about songs like this is that I have to be in a certain mood to enjoy them and I'm rarely ever in that mood. This just came off as boring to me, sorry bout it!

☆ Canada - Charlotte Cardin - "Meaningless" - I was gonna be super mean and call this a rejected Shawn Mendes track but this really started to get better as it continued! Like I really enjoyed this! If I got dumped I would totes have this on repeat!

☆ Panama - La Factoría - "Dale" - Omg go awffff queens I know that's right! This music video is like so iconic! I love girlbosses! The song itself however.... I mean, music was definitely played!

☆ Zimbabwe - Ammara Brown - "Akiliz" - I know that's mothafuckin right! You tell his gold digging ass off! This was actually so iconic and enjoyable! Like, the #girlbosses really went off this round huh...

☆ Thailand - Tata Young - "One Love" - Tata Young is so iconic! But this song is so not iconic! That's all I have to say I'm sorry mama.

☆ Mexico - Thalía, Farina, Sofía Reyes - "TICK TOCK" - Okay full honesty I did not expect this song to go OFF like it did!?!? I mean hello???? Absolutely keep slaying me bitch tf???

☆ Liberia - Kat Graham - "Put Your Graffiti on Me" - This song is so violently 2010s era idk how else to describe it. But it was pretty good not gonna lie... like c'mon bop....

☆ Armenia - Srbuk - "Yete Karogh Es" - This was also like so good! It's not like the most remarkable song but it's holding it's own and I found it to be pretty memorable.

☆ Turkmenistan - Jeÿhun Atajykow - "Sen meñki" - I appreciate this person for finding an artist from a country that looks like a keyboard smash but this was... well he definitely sang lyrics so good for him!

☆ China - Lexie Liu - "Shadow" - Okay periodt did she have to go off like this? No! Did she anyway? Hell yes! This was so good! Love it!

☆ Jamaica - Hope Tala, Aminé - "Cherries" - This is definitely a cute bop! Not the type of song you'd expect from Jamaica but I liked it! Good job.

☆ Bangladesh - ZooEL ft. Protic Hasan - "Brazil naki Argentina" - Well... this is definitely a song! My only issue with this entire song is that they made the poor decision of posting it on YouTube for the world to see.

☆ Sierra Leone - KABBA - "Rather Be Single" - Okay miss girl you did the damn thing! This was totally a bop! Come thru #girlboss tings. Purr or whatever the gays say!

☆ Malaysia - Raissa - "Bullying Boys" - You know I kind of enjoyed this. Not my favorite but it captured my attention and I enjoyed it in the end! "I'm living, I'm living" - Some irrelevant queen on Drag Race.
995 days 12 hours ago
SeaViper
1) United States - Ok, this is probably winning, and I'm just like "Eh". This was fun to listen to, not something I'd call my winner, but I'm at peace when this inevitably gets at least top 3
2) United Kingdom - Idk if I should be bored, confused, or scared. Part of this song really creeped me out, but when it wasn't creeping me out, it bored me. HELP
3) Poland - It's a pretty run-of-the-mill pop song. Nothing remarkable, but not bad
4) Iraq - When I saw Iraq was participating, I expected either an ethnical bop, or something like this, and I was definitely hoping for the ethnical bop
5) Kosovo - Just...really average. It's been done before, and will be done again, next!
6) Trinidad & Tobago - So T&T was allowed in, but Vanuatu wasn't? *Takes notes* On another note, this was kind of a mess, but a fun mess, not something I'd seriously consider giving big points to, though
7) Cuba - Like Iraq, I was hoping for something a little more...Cuban, and original, but this was fine!
8) South Korea - It's a female power ballad, and a solid one at that, but again, not something I'd really consider for high points
9) Czech Republic - This was quite cute, but it's getting lost in the long run :(
10) Canada - Again, an average pop song that doesn't majorly impress me
11) Panama - Alright, so this was fine! It's really not something I'd ever listen to again but...it's passable
12) Zimbabwe - Alright, so this is the first song I think I'll consider for anything more than a 4. It wasn't the most exciting thing ever, but I enjoyed it
13) Thailand - This just kind of flew past, and by the end, I have no memory of a single thing that happened
14) Mexico - This is...dreadful. Even worse than Paraguay's last edition. In fact, it might be one of the worst things I've heard in a song contest full stop
15) Liberia - I liked the start, but it slowly got worse, until it became actually dreadful
16) Armenia - Enjoyable! This edition hasn't provided many songs that I love, and while this doesn't quite fit into that category, I had fun!
17) Turkmenistan - Ok, I appreciate the effort! It was the closest thing to an ethnic bop we've gotten, so props for that!
18) China - The music itself is intense, and something I'd love if it wasn't for the vocal. It just doesn't fit with the song and ruins any chance of an atmosphere
19) Jamaica - I hated the rapping, but the rest was just alright
20) Bangladesh - From the thumbnail, I thought I'd hate this, but I ended up liking it lol! I'm not a fan of the fact that a song about Argentina was sent for Bangladesh, but OK!
21) Sierra Leone - This just sort of bored me, and I was hoping for more
22) Malaysia - Last chance for a deserving 12 and...no. If this had some kind of drop into a chorus, I'd love this, but it just goes nowhere, and does nothing for me but exist
994 days 14 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
1. United States - i love that the usa brand for WSC is just sending these indie alt gheurls from tsc. obviously a good song, i do feel like "get lost in the music" is my favorite of hers now but this is obviously still good.
2. United Kingdom - this is interesting! it feels very early 10s with the production - release date checks out - but it was catchy enough to keep my interest. sorta quirky but also smooth. i fucks with this.
3. Poland - LMAO this is kinda funny. i feel like i would've lived for this in 2016 and while i don't dislike it, it definetly feels... cringier to listen to in 2021? it's fine though. i was told she was an evil tsc alumni so i'm sure others will be meaner to this but i don't HATE it!
4. Iraq - yup i know this one! one of the dozen fritzyyyyy entries i had on my tsc list in 2019 before i checked the sheet and saw that it had already been sent and got a MIDTABLE placement? i mean of course i like this. production is very me and it's just well written all around. sorta aged like wine if u ask me, good song!
5. Kosovo - the synths ahhhh. this is good actually! it just feels moody and the vocals really compliment the atmosphere this song is going for. a nice surprise!
6. Trinidad & Tobago - queen. i still like this yeah! is it as good as destra garcia's best work? no but it's still a ball of fun and joy. my pores were CLEARED and my ass was SHAKING. thank u miss patrice.
7. Cuba - this fucking songgggg LMFAO i'm surprised at how much of these i know. obviously a mess but of course i love this. very iconique very cunt very SLAY.
8. South Korea - dami im in 2021 yeah no lol im good. just saying there were a lot of other artists eligible that would've been better for this theme but sure! this is fine but honestly i wasn't invested. i'm sure it was the 2014 serve but it just hasn't aged that well for me
9. Czech Republic - go girl give us absolutely nothing. this was okay but not rly my thing, i didn't feel a thing
10. Canada - yeah sorry to the user but i have grown an irrational hatred towards this song. still an infuriatingly below average pop song, MEDIOCRE at its finest. i did not move.
11. Panama - LMAO this is funny. there are parts of this that absolutely GO OFF but it's a shame the song rly starts to drag around the 2:30 mark. nevertheless this was fun... pre-chorus rap verses SLAYED.
12. Zimbabwe - yes slay tkay maidza!!! this was fun actually. the chorus had a really nice melody and while the production felt a bit basique, i moved! very nice.
13. Thailand - tata young has a lot better songs i really can't fathom why you'd choose this over a hymn like "sexy naughty bitchy" or any of her better 00s material.. but then again this wasn't AWFUL. just very reductive for her!
14. Mexico - LOL of course thalía is here, mom. i will say i'd rather be listening to camp masterpiece "arrasando" but this is nice. feels quite standard for
15. Liberia - I'M ONLY VOTING BECAUSE OF THIS SONG BOPBOPBOPBOPPPPP. i love this song all my family loves this song this is quite incredible actually. PEAK OF MUSIC. sure it's kind of atrocious but no it isn't, it's a masterclass in adrenaline and pop music writing really. BOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP. TAG ME. thank you for this.
16. Armenia - this literally sounds identical to another song yet i can't pinpoint it for the time being. it's nice though, feels a LOT like advert music but like. it's cute!
17. Turkmenistan - props to the user for sending something from TURKMENISTAN and i don't actually dislike it? the production, while cheap, sorta reminded me of some kizomba hits in portugal. it's a decent song!
18. China - DUH. fun fact, this was gonna be the lexie liu song i was gonna send until i realised there was no music video. i have had this on my tsc list since but didn't wanna be the girl to send lexie liu again, and i'm fully expecting for her to be sent to tsc following this contest. and i'll be there to 12! i love u lady gaga!!
19. Jamaica - obviously much better than "all my girls like to fight"... the people KNOW. this is really good! amine absolutely eats his verse idc what anyone says. a lot smoother and better than her other songs, i moved!! a lot!!!
20. Bangladesh - kind of a post-irony marxist masterpiece when u really THINK about it. unfortunately i'm too small brained to fully get this. :(
21. Sierra Leone - queen actually and she did outsell the other slightly relevant sierra leone based singer. didn't know this but i did know a few of her other songs but this is a hit mhm. feels very standard for pop rnb but still well executed! i moved i did.
22. Malaysia - awwww i did skim through some of this man's music while looking for tsc entries and wasn't majorly impressed. but this one's really nice! i like the chorus in particular, it felt subtle while having impactful synthpop production. malaysia sending these lowkey girls is so funny to me, i love a brand!
993 days 10 hours ago
RedFabFoxy
1. United States
Yusss Michelle u betta shove Ambar down my throat... But on a serious note I did NOT expect to like this as much as I did! This is actually so good, it's so much better than the other song I heard by her.
2. United Kingdom
HOLY HELL I had forgotten about this GEM... Let me tell you something - I don't remember exactly where I discovered it, but I think I heard it on a movie/show/something, and I looked up the lyrics of the chorus up and I was OBSESSED with this song. Whew, I'm so glad it's remembered, because this is so GOOD! I'm already livid though because I know for a fact people will underrate this #deathslotcurse
3. Poland
Oh I think I've heard this song before? It's a cute bop! The breakdown is a bit EHHH but I like the verses.
4. Iraq
LMAO why is "Wafia" such a funny name to me... But whew talk about BASS. This was so good omg, I'm shook at the entries so far! This was rlly the whole package and it's definitely up my alley.
5. Kosovo
I do love the production on this! Sadly not big on the vocals provided here, especially the girl and her muffled enunciation. But again, good beat, peeps the guitar solo as a "breakdown" or whateva!
6. Trinidad & Tobago
Not me having my volume a bit high and her shouting in my ears... Honestly this started rly badly but then she goes WUK UP WUK UP and I'm like?!?!!!? What is THIS??? Like I've never been more mixed, like this is SO bad but I'm.. kind of moving? What IS going on here?!
7. Cuba
This beat is rly early 2010's and reminds me of that "Americano" song that was a hit back then. But honestly? I deff don't mind that sound and this IS fun! Kind of bopping, yeah, I am.
8. South Korea
Props to whoever for not sending a basic kpop song here! I've seen this name around but never got to hear her stuff really, and honestly... she did her thing! UNTIL the breakdown, that is. That breakdown is so trashy and EDM, but everything else is so good. Ugh, so disappointed by that little but significant detail though!
9. Czech Republic
Hmm, I don't KNOW about this one. I appreciate how pretty it is, especially her voice, but it's a bit mediocre and doesn't really move me or take me to another place.
10. Canada
Another "hmm" moment for me. It's a BIT basic, like this feels like something I'd hear on our radio in 2015-2016. Or even Eurovision LMAO... Yeah, it's not bad at all, but as a whole there's something missing to it.
11. Panama
Pls... This in 2021? Absolutely not honey, I'm sorry. I'll say that there are some cute parts really, but overall it's not my thing and it's very dated in my opinion!
12. Zimbabwe
LMAO idk why but I find this so funny yet cute. Sadly I'm not really into the beat or her vocals though - I do think I heard some autotune used?! But yeah, it had some VERY small redeeming parts I guess.
13. Thailand
QUEEN Tata Young! This is no "Sexy Naughty Bitchy" but it's cute! Sadly I don't know if I'll point this but this was really cute, I liked some details here. That short-lived bridge was so random but so GOOD!
14. Mexico
Honestly a BOP! TOCK TICK TOCK TICK... I'm usually not into this kind of music but these girlies ate this. Each of them had great parts! Farina kinda giving me the latin Nicki Minaj methinks...
15. Liberia
LMAOOO omg I kinda remember this one from back then! The breakdown is so ICONIC, that's definitely the part I remember the most. I can't even be mad that someone sent this for LIBERIA, this is STILL a banger in 2021, it is!
16. Armenia
Ooh, this is actually cute! The chorus RLY picked this up, I enjoyed that. The bridge is a bit corny but eh, I get it!
17. Turkmenistan
Oh I don't know about this, I just don't. It mixes like turkish music with that basic european club/pop beat. But at the same time it rlly drags along and it's not something I'm feeling at all.
18. China
Now, why does this video quality look like crap EVEN with 1080p? But anyway, this is cute... But it kinda gives me kpop vibes, when she's supposed to be from CHINA! Honestly this also kinda gives me Gaga vibes a bit, but overall I'm.. mixed? Like it's not hitting me hard as it should?
19. Jamaica
LMAO fun fact - I was actually debating on sending this to TSC a few weeks ago, but something didn't click with me fully. Amine bothers me here though, AND he also rlly did his video part on Facetime?! LMAO the audacity... Yeah he kinda ruined the song he did.
20. Bangladesh
T_T plssssss which one of you sent this?! This gives me chalga (bulgarian pop folk) vibes, and I HATE that genre. This is very... greasy and ugly. No, absolutely no.
21. Sierra Leone
WAIT... I'm hearing sumn... This is a BOP. I enjoyed this, yup, loved the production and her attitude. Give me bad bitch vibes, yes honey!
22. Malaysia
Honestly this felt edgy indie pop girl at first but as it progressed, it kinda grew on me? It's definitely cute. I do hate the anime in the video but we aren't judging the video, are we!
991 days 14 hours ago
ryan5676
1. United States – Oh my god this song just slows down to a snail pace and isn’t interesting at all
2. United Kingdom – This is obscure and she has got a decent voice but the music is so outdated and dull
3. Poland – I can’t contain myself as it is a delight to hear this fire as it is one hell of a banger that pours down with so much intensity
4. Iraq – I can groove along to this as the music is light hearted and it is very nice to hear overall
5. Kosovo – Yeah there are better choices to choose from and I don’t like his auto tune voice one bit and this whole dumb song
6. Trinidad & Tobago – She is really bringing out the power and sass from her vocals but the music is too rushed sadly
7. Cuba – This is going for a retro latin vibe mixed with modern music and I’m not surprised that it is a failure as it doesn’t mix
8. South Korea – I wasn’t expecting this for this country but I love this change of pace as she got a tremendous voice and this song has got a lot of power to it
9. Czech Republic – Please can this end already because the tempo is so slow and nothing happens in this piece
10. Canada – Well she has got a very good voice that helps to drive on its own but the music felt laid back and is easily forgettable
11. Panama – These girls are something else as they don’t seem bothered at all by this tacky track
12. Zimbabwe – I think I encounter a bop when I hear one with her vocals range being up there to make this a stand out
13. Thailand – The beat gets irritating quick and her vocals are too soft for me and this will get forgotten
14. Mexico – Okay this is iconic with that ethnic flavour and their voices working so well together
15. Liberia – This girl is leading a revolution and I am all here for it with that oomph of energy and it got me banging for more
16. Armenia – The music is very catchy and I have fallen in love with this song having the voice to send me over the edge
17. Turkmenistan – I hate the grating music and his mumbling vocals skill and there was no effort put into this
18. China – This is a flop as the song is trying too much putting in everything but it sounds so terrible with the music doing my heading
19. Jamaica – She got some smooth vocals but that’s the only positive as the rest is bluntly bad with the music being uninspiring
20. Bangladesh – Wait why is this country singing about Brazil and Argentina will forever be a mystery but about the song it is okay with a good chantable beat
21. Sierra Leone – Her vocals are electrifying as they are giving me everything and even though the music is basic, she carried the song through
22. Malaysia – The beat of this song doesn’t feel like it is there and I’m not warming up to the song
990 days 14 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
1. United States - I will still shame anyone who picks United States from their 3 options even if I like the song (until I have that option myself!), so bask in this SHAME. Also, good song.
2. United Kingdom - This is the song that made me stop commenting after song #1 the other day because I didn't like it and was sure that I was just in a bad mood, but alas, I still don't like it!
3. Poland - Plagiarized "Party Shore" by Jenifer Brening. Next. Also, good song.
4. Iraq - I entered this into another song contest before it had a music video and I hope this proves the song would have done well there if it had a music video. Such a cute bop.
5. Kosovo - Has me feeling depressed and moving at the same time. An accomplishment!
6. Trinidad & Tobago - Energy galore. Have always had to be in the mood for this stuff to REALLY hit.
7. Cuba - This back to back with T&T was energy OVERLOAD. I did move, though.
8. South Korea - This aged better than I thought it would have. Still a really solid track.
9. Czech Republic - Not in the mood to be balladfucked today (at least take me out to dinner first!).
10. Canada - I liked this song the very first time I heard it and then never again, lmfa.
11. Panama - Granted it's dated as hell, but it had me swiveling my hips mucho. 
12. Zimbabwe - In theory I love this. In all actuality, it was really bad. </3
13. Thailand - Absolutely nothing here for me to grab onto. Boring and not my thing.
14. Mexico - Had me getting my slow wyne on. The rap verse at the end TOOK ME PLACES. Tock tick tock tick.
15. Liberia - lmfao, I haven't heard this in a while. It's still a lot and a complete mess, but it's somehow aged fine!
16. Armenia - She's all about that bass no treble, huh? Just kidding, that's disrespectful and I really didn't mind this at all.
17. Turkmenistan - I appreciate bringing different flavors from different countries, but this was merely average (to below average) in every way. :/
18. China - SLAY YAS GAGA YOU LOOK SO GOOD! After interesting verses, I wasn't originally sold on the chorus, but it grew. Like.
19. Jamaica - Right up my alley. Jamaica already becoming a powerhouse in WSC, we love to see it.
20. Bangladesh - World Cup but on a tight budget and make it mean nothing.
21. Sierra Leone - Ugh yes, sonically my thing with the added perk of a woman being sick of mens shit.
22. Malaysia - This is relaxing. If I liked it MORE, I would say it's art. Respect more than like.

open group

World Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!