This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

šŸšŸ‘. The Finale!

Topic » šŸšŸ‘. The Finale!

1045 days 17 hours ago
Slice
incredible lip syncs. claps politely
1045 days 17 hours ago
doodyful
https://i.imgur.com/5rPkOc6.gif
1045 days 17 hours ago
Stering_butter
any hole is a goal
1045 days 17 hours ago
Slice
https://i.imgur.com/5rPkOc6.gif
1045 days 17 hours ago
Yaxha
heres how chewaka can still win
1045 days 17 hours ago
doodyful
what the hell were u saying about my mom
1045 days 17 hours ago
boyfriend
Next up, JENNA SAIS QUOI!
https://i.imgur.com/ecvVeBr.gif

I don't think anyone expected me to make it here at the beginning. I came in here with no experience whatsoever. As Maya has probably heard me whine about 100 times now, I didn't even know how to remove a green background and had to watch tutorials anytime I tried to edit anything. But I made it a point to always listen to the judges' feedback, try new things, and push myself each round. I excelled at and won challenges that could have been my downfall - like the roast or the makeover. These girls have known each other for ages, while I knew no one at all, so I immediately went to work asking them about themselves and/or learning through their blogs. By the time of the makeover, I was the only girl left who was using a different format and had to convert Taylor's Tengaged avatar into an entirely different medium from scratch without losing her traits and then make her over on top of it. I would also build many of my sets in the Sims from scratch to fit the theme of the challenge and provide a more dynamic background. I never halfassed anything.

On top of this, I was competiting against a bunch of heavyweights, and that is not a fat joke! Heidi's fashion is impeccable, Nicole is hilarious, Layla was a force to be reckoned with, Jezebel is a former winner, Hole has competed nearly every season  - and yet I came out of the season with the most wins, and more wins than the others in the final 3 combined. This is the first time TGDR has allowed representation of different mediums (Sims, IMVU, hearty vegetables, etc.) and I know I would be an amazing example of how someone can not only hold their own against the Tengaged avatar girlies but outdo them.

I chose Lucid Dreaming as my lipsync song because it's about taking control of your fate and improving. While everyone's fate is in their own hands, I felt extra vulnerable with the bottom 3 twist knowing so many of the girls already had strong relationships coming into this and I would just have to rely on myself if I ever fell in the bottom. Which I did, twice! I don't want to downplay or shy away from my mistakes. I do not believe I am defined by them, but rather how I learned from them. After my first episode, I immediately turned my trajectory around and kept up the momentum instead of burning out. The vibes of the song are really ethereal and dreamy as well, and when I get to showcase my personal drag I'd describe it as elegant and whimsical.
1045 days 17 hours ago
Yaxha
maya' mom is so
1045 days 17 hours ago
boyfriend
Thank you Jenna. And now, it's time for your final critiques:

āœ§ MAYA
Let me start with your lip syncā€¦ wow! Totally breathtaking, presented beautifully and thoughtfully, and really a level up even from your already polished oeuvre presented this season. I love your best drag too -- as always, polished but it almost seems a little /too/ polished for my tastes, mostly in the restraint in the hair and makeup, but the gown itself is stunning and high drama. As you mentioned in your speech, Iā€™d also like to commend you on really stepping it up over the course of this seasonā€¦ that very first week I told you that with a medium like the Sims youā€™d be under a greater microscope to look more than just ā€œpolishedā€, and I think throughout this season youā€™ve done that and tonight is really a highlight for you. Both of these looks (especially the lip sync) are fantastic, and demonstrate that this competition isnā€™t just about sewing, because we can really see your unique point of view clearly despite these being ā€˜premadeā€™ garments. The styling details, the way you combine different elements, the attention to detail and the poses and sets are all seen and appreciated. Beyond that, youā€™ve proved that you can hold your own against some of the comedic heavyweight champs in this cast. Youā€™ve got the whole package, and thatā€™s something to be proud of!

āœ§ TAYLOR
Talk about a comeback story! I truly thought youā€™d be one of the first few out, but then as the competition progressed you managed to outdo yourself, culminating with a roast that was out of this world. As the newcomer in the group, you definitely had a disadvantage in some respects but you still managed to shine. Though I think you did a have a few flop-esque moments, your high points were very high and thatā€™s why youā€™re getting my vote to win tonight.

āœ§ ANDREW
First of all, itā€™s been a pleasure meeting you in this context! I imagine itā€™s really difficult to be a new girl with a new medium but youā€™ve really done a great job showing us all how powerful your mind is. Your lipsync is gorgeous, stunning, breathtaking. Your final garment is gorgeous, stunning, breathtaking, but I do wish I saw a little more experimentation with hair and makeup. Maybe itā€™s just your taste to have one or two statement areas of an ensemble with the rest being more understatedā€¦ but something about doing online barbies makes me want to see as many darts thrown at the board as possible. Keep trying new and weird shit just for the ROFLMAOs! I donā€™t want to speak on your comedy too much because Iā€™m really not a joke police but I did get a lot of laughs from you this season, especially relative to the other girls (no shade!) I also want to speak on your set design, I hope you realize it didnā€™t go unnoticed on the panel. Itā€™s especially cool that proper set design has been completely unexplored in the franchise before you, and itā€™s a really beautiful aspect of all your work. You have an incredible eye and youā€™ve certainly sold the Sims as a more beautiful game than Iā€™d have imagined! Well done queen.
1045 days 16 hours ago
boyfriend
And lastly, some final words from JEZEBEL!

https://i.imgur.com/SXS36bt.gif

I will be honest, writing this feels silly and pointless. Yā€™all see my track record. Delicious as it may be, it kinda flops. It is hard to argue that I deserve to win, but I will never back down from an argument, so...here we are. I have a lot to say, and I will try to condense it because I know I get read for my lengths in text submissions!

To address the judges, I can only say this bluntly, yā€™all piss me off! LOL! Not too seriously cuz this is a game, BUT, I do feel I was judged harshly. Not unfairly, but I do believe that my fellow contestants were able to get away with certain things while I got called out for them. Blurriness, Zwooper designs (Pre-made designs in general), sloppiness, etc. That BOTHAHs me, I do not want to name names but Hole (sis I love you youā€™re my ride or consideration for death) was able to get away with a sloppy wig and a blurry, unimaginative outfit for the makeover, but I was told *I* was not up to chop. I respect you all very much, and you do not have to like what I create! But I worked hard and I have yet to receive a single flower.

Since Day 1, I have been judged really hard, and I am VERY frustrated that you canā€™t see the personality. Because I am so fuckinā€™ real, you have no idea. And I donā€™t feel as if I am being understood here. I AM beautiful. I am a beautiful person, internally, and on the outside. And it is so, SO, frustrating to me that that image does not seem to be conveyed. Week after week when we come into an elimination round, I am so NEGATIVELY critiqued.

I feel as if I am looked down upon because I draw so much of my stuff but MY style isnā€™t Yā€™ALLs style. My perspective and my eye are different and my work has not been valued as good and it is annoying! And I get backhanded comments (cuz it was not a critique) that my work is like a half done cookie! It is NOT! I am a FIERCE queen. Fully baked and realized!

My fellow finalists could NEVER do what I do in terms of concepts. They worked just as hard as me and deserve their props! But They could NEVER even begin to imagine or touch what I create. I don't even think Jenna uses an editing program? (No shade cuz she does eat on the runway!) Both of them even got to get away with using similar jokes in multiple comedy challenges. (and my Tomie was FUNNY fuck ALL YALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Listen, this was tons of fun! It really really was, but I just needed to let you guys know!!!!!! I am a worthy competitor and I have not been given my props this season. I am not the only one who has felt that I have been given a condescending comment, and I am not the only one who has felt defeated. AND IF ANYTHING, I deserve to win because I have persevered after several negative critiques, I have listened to critiques and applied them, I have returned and MADE it to the finals (which I do not think anyone has done), and I deserve my first win, thank you VERY much. This is my Jezebelity.
1045 days 16 hours ago
Stering_butter
time to lose
1045 days 16 hours ago
doodyful
https://i.imgur.com/cELy6Jb.gif
1045 days 16 hours ago
boyfriend
Thank you Jezebel. And now, it's time for your final critiques:

āœ§ MAYA
Iā€™d like to start with your best drag, because wow -- absolutely stunning. Itā€™s truly the best youā€™ve looked all season and as always, youā€™ve come to the stage with a concept that no one else on this stage tonight (or in this cast) could ever have come up with. Iā€™m sorry that you feel you were unfairly criticized this season, but in case it hasnā€™t been made clear before, you are absolutely creatively unparalleled in this competition and that was the reason you were brought back into this competition. You are here for a reason, and any critiques weā€™ve given you over the course of the season I hope have been constructive -- I try to push for a higher level of execution from you because I see your boundless creativity and know that with the level of polish of an Almond/Daniel/Andrew et al (runway wise) or the clarity and concision of a Nicole/Hole/Jenna et al (comedy wise), you would be an absolutely unstoppable force. While this isnā€™t a sewing competition, if you do choose to sew, those technical errors can end up muddling your creative vision, which is the one area I think you may have struggled with this season on the runway and in comedy challenges. Because youā€™re working with these high octane concepts and you have so many ideas, sometimes that ended up being a double edged sword for you where too much was going on at once. However, those times when you do end up cutting through the noise and youā€™re able to fully realize your concepts are truly magical moments and I believe tonight was one of those nights for you. Your finale look stands out and stands alone, as does your lip sync (although I would have liked to see some of that Jezebel flair injected into the actual lip sync /looks/, we still see your creativity shine through in the overall concept of the lip sync), and your speech was by far the most compelling and showed the most FIRE out of any of the finalists on stage today.

āœ§ TAYLOR
Hey Jezebel, sup? You certainly have my favourite arc and honestly I agree that you were sort of snubbed this season. I wasnā€™t there for judging when you were eliminated so my conscience is clear knowing I had no part in sending you home. Despite your track record, I do think you served quite hard when you returned, itā€™s just a shame that the twist sort of landed you in the bottom by default. You had fun every week and it showed, and for that reason alone you are getting my vote to win tonight.

āœ§ ANDREW
Hi Jezebel! Starting off with your speech, Iā€™d like to give my perspective on what Iā€™ve said to you from this seat over the season. On the runway, all Iā€™ve ever critiqued you for is drawing style. Absolutely fair of you to just completely throw all that out the window because itā€™s just my taste and it really doesnā€™t matter! From my end it was more that I wanted to see you try out a few drawing techniques that I thought would make your work pop a little more, but got a little upset that you never really *committed* to applying them just for the ROFLMAOs. I hope Iā€™ve been clear that I think you have a really conceptual mind and all your work is really detailed and thoughtful. I ALSO hope Iā€™ve been clear that your original elimination was a very ????????????? moment from me so Iā€™m truly not holding it against you as a competitor LMAO! Youā€™re absolutely finale worthy, but you know that because you done already done had yourses! Now, regarding your best drag, you look great! Very South American goddess. Your skin is right, the styling is right. I really honestly love the color wheel rising moment, Iā€™m taken into a story of this queer goddess ascending which is VERY on brand this season. Your collage took me back through A) how many brain cells you have and B) your growth in ability to execute your designs so deliciously. Iā€™m such a huge fan of your art, thanks again for making me over so beautifully, and good luck!
1045 days 16 hours ago
Brandonator
ince Day 1, I have been judged really hard, and I am VERY frustrated that you canā€™t see the personality. Because I am so fuckinā€™ real, you have no idea. And I donā€™t feel as if I am being understood here. I AM beautiful. I am a beautiful person, internally, and on the outside. And it is so, SO, frustrating to me that that image does not seem to be conveyed. Week after week when we come into an elimination round, I am so NEGATIVELY critiqued.
1045 days 16 hours ago
doodyful
TAYLOR

By the way Hole this final runway is very Miami

open group

TENGAGED DRAG RACE 9

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!