This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

𝟎𝟐. The #VogueChallenge [RUNWAY, Pt. II]

Topic » 𝟎𝟐. The #VogueChallenge..

1089 days 17 hours ago
boyfriend
CHEWAKA
https://i.imgur.com/vmaDa5a.gif

✧ MAYA
I think you took a big risk by committing so hard to this bit and luckily for you, I think it paid off! This was a pretty strong week / group for the most part, but a lot of other submissions fell victim to sort of blending into the pack as everybody approached the challenge more or less the same way. By stepping out of the box like this AND landing the joke, you’ve really turned it around from last week. That being said, your runway… is another story. I like the concept but I’m not in love with the execution. I understand that not everyone in this competition will be equipped with the same editing skills but there are a couple of small details you can push without needing any fancy artistic/design skills in terms of taste. With this look, I’d pay closer attention to how the colors you use work together, there are a lot of disharmonious shades of green here (cool, desaturated skin, true green hair, olive stalk, limey-saturated grass) that with just a few simple hue tweaks could pull the look together just a bit more.

✧ ANDREW
I must admit that I honestly did laugh out loud at the first tinypic RuVeal™ but really disappointed when that was literally your only joke. Your runway is an interesting concept executed kinda poorly. I can’t say I really enjoy any of the style choices except the shape of the stalk I guess? I think the other girls just all put in a lot more werk this week and you’ll probably be a casualty!

✧ ISAIAH
HILARIOUS challenge submission. easily the best. i think you took a huge risk not actually reviewing any looks, but to me, it completely paid off. i think last week taking a huge risk blew up in your face but this week it paid off in a MAJOR way, so maybe you should keep surprising us! unfortunately on the runway this week... it's once again just not good. i think a critique i'd give you for the runway is to start paying more attention to what you're wearing and what you look like and less attention to gags and stunts
1089 days 17 hours ago
konohavillage1
AHHHHH ADAM YOU DID IT
1089 days 17 hours ago
HowLovely
OKAY ADAM
1089 days 17 hours ago
boyfriend
JEZEBEL
https://i.imgur.com/OlphzvU.gif

✧ MAYA
This is hard because I don’t really think it was a bad showing but I think some of these jokes struggled to land and the video format wasn’t necessarily helping your case. If you’re going to use a video/audio, those jokes have either got to keep coming or the build up has to be worth it, and for me I think this would have worked better with a text format. Parts of this video felt drawn out with not enough payoff, although there were some good moments -- I felt the SWAT team interruption was a good usage of the format but unfortunately not enough to save the rest of the video for me. This runway however is a complete hit! I love how cartoonish and stylized it is, it’s head to hip just delicious, well done.

✧ ANDREW
This was kind of a sad journey for me because I was fully on board at the start. I was laughing a lot, until I honestly got distracted by you repeating the same filler figures of speech a lot more than you probably realized when you were recording! I feel like the jokes also seemed to get less funny by the end. Not to say this was really a poor showing, but I think you’d have benefitted to keeping the content written rather than spoken. Your runway is my favorite. I love everything about it, no complaints!

✧ ISAIAH
in the challenge this round i think you did a... almost fine job. it felt like a struggle at the beginning but you sort of started to land a couple jokes for me by the end. you totally lost me with that jump scare tho. it was not a part of my contract and i will be suing for malpractice. and your runway look to me is fine. i think her body is SNATCHED and that's really selling the whole fantasy for me
1089 days 17 hours ago
konohavillage1
HUH?????
1089 days 17 hours ago
KingGeek
im TERRIFIED.
1089 days 17 hours ago
ILoveSleep
https://i.imgur.com/NNCixcT.gif
1089 days 17 hours ago
KingGeek
it's us tonight jezebel
https://i.imgur.com/QA7Y1tk.gif
1089 days 17 hours ago
konohavillage1
Aint no way y’all both are lipsyncing
1089 days 17 hours ago
boyfriend
ALMOND
https://i.imgur.com/EBLbMr5.gif

✧ MAYA
Again, another tough spot because I don’t really think this was a bad showing from you! I really just think the length was a bit tough, it was pretty short and I don’t really think any of the hits hit hard enough to warrant being that short until the end. That being said, the last read is probably the funniest read out of your entire group, but again, not enough to carry this submission sadly. Your runway as always is totally gorgeous, I love your use of color in this and I think the effect of the hair is really cool.

✧ ANDREW
I must say, I really enjoyed your challenge. Were any of your first five jokes funny? I didn’t really think so… but I definitely didn’t care after I read the grand punchline. Something about the journey of you almost hustling us by not really being funny and reviewing 5 high fashion looks that rely on your taste all to deliver one good zinger at the end seemed really smart and I enjoyed it. Your runway is a hard serve as always. It’s really just a Nicole Kidman clapping wearing expensive hand jewelry from me.
1089 days 17 hours ago
boyfriend
Whoops commercial break here's Isaiah's crit

✧ ISAIAH
it's breaking my heart to say this but i did not enjoy your challenge submission at all. i won't harp on it too much because where you lacked in the challenge i think you really made up for with your runway look. i think it's totally like you to interpret the runway theme in such a unique and colorful way yet manage to stay completely on theme. i love everything about it. AMAZING job
1089 days 16 hours ago
boyfriend
MARIENNE [...] BOOT
https://i.imgur.com/6uQBC4G.gif

✧ MAYA
I don’t know if this is something I ever expected to say but you had my favorite runway of the week! This hair is so out there and I love to see you taking the judge’s critiques with colors and hair texture here, it looks fantastic! Keep pushing and keep up the good work. I think using an actual magazine was kind of an off color choice for this challenge, but I think some of your one liners were the best of the group. I died at “Not even Ronald Reagan can ignore this virus”. Great job this week!

✧ ANDREW
it pains me to say this bc you're my favorite but i didn't love your challenge submission this week. the jokes kind of kept going over my head and i felt a little lost by the end. on the runway however, i think you did great. it's easily one of my favorite looks of the night. hair? in the shape of a cactus? COULD YOU IMAGINE SUCH A THING? i actually really like the color palette and think the green and pink go well together. good job!

✧ ISAIAH
I think your comedy was overall very successful. A solid mix of neutrally funny jokes and ones that catch me off guard and make me laugh out loud. You clearly don’t need any help in the comedy department and I certainly wouldn’t be able to offer help regardless! So I’m gonna take up all my screentime critiquing your runway. I really like the hair a lot, which is the focus of this runway so that’s worth a lot. The eyes and the cheeks look a lot better than last week. I’m saying this to every tengaged girl but I recommend a chin scrape. And be sure to make sure it’s a really smooth curve so that she looks to have been born this way, baby. I’d also warm up the contour on the cheeks, chin, and nose quite a bit, it looks really ashy. But this is a critique sandwich so I must tell you about how successful I think your eye makeup is!
1089 days 16 hours ago
konohavillage1
MARIENNE GIRL WINS????
1089 days 16 hours ago
Yaxha
wow isaiah is so eloquent
1089 days 16 hours ago
Stering_butter
its over for me

open group

TENGAGED DRAG RACE 9

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!