This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ˆ : Obsidian Dreams

Topic » ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ..

44 days 15 hours ago
Scarelet
~โ— Labyrinthine โ—~

An elven woman walks through the darkness, holding a dim torch to light her way. Its flame glows a steady blue, shading the walls around her as she stares through the slats of the cell-like doors.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/c167069849f0e14e621610c41ec14fb3/f97a1b68de33c4c9-d9/s1280x1920/748c1809a425633e3300e8aab67edf346f16d12f.gif

The woman turns around, only to see the entrance behind her gone. "Stranger and stranger still... what have I gotten myself into?" She shakes her head and walks onward through.

Around her are many, many doors, and the hallways seem to go on forever, until finally she finds herself before a door with a faint glow behind it. She can hear light music, like a song she remembered once and has forgotten, so she leans forward, pressing her ear against it to listen.

The door swings open wildly, blasting the elven woman with water so quickly in such a harsh wave she releases a cut off scream.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/f47c08496a554bb22e09ac8f98c0dc84/d2f699b740fdc6b9-9d/s540x810/371f327ea9274881502754c0ae17d62d7febae6d.gif

The torch falls to the ground outside the door, its light snuffed out as not a drop of water lands past the door's threshold and all falls dark once more.

~โ— The Bronze City โ—~

Outside of the tavern, where music can be heard dimly from within, a group of drunken humans are gathered around a slumped figure, her pointed elf ears sticking out through her hair.

Human #1: "D'ya reckon the thing has diseases?"

The human man stumbles drunkenly forward, peering down at the elven woman suspiciously.

Human #2: "I'unno. My wife 'eard they got poison in 'em, like snakes or summnit."

The other human man kneels down to stare at the elven woman, who is starting to stir.

Elven Woman: "If you could gawk less, that would be a fine thing, gentleman."

The elven woman sits up with a sigh, glancing around at their surroundings and having no clue on her whereabouts. She stares down at her dress, confused how her outfit is dry as bone, despite her vivid memory of the water encasing her.

Elven Woman: "These are truly strange times..."

The two human men glance between each other, sharing a shrug between them, and then one picks up a rock, bashing the elven woman over the head with it.

Elven Woman: "You rotten thugs dare to-"

The elven woman's eyes roll back into her head before she can finish, blood dripping down her face, and drops to the ground.

The men struggle to pick her up and carry her, quite pathetically all around considering their drunken state, and bring her off towards the dungeons.

~โ— Dungeons โ—~

The elven woman turns to stare out from her cell, noticing many of the occupants with their pointed ears. She listens, hearing the mad ravings of one elf in particular with a raised eyebrow.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/ec48484e4e2208eec452070c75c52e5d/9d0849ef76cf8765-b4/s540x810/f2bfc58d076297508f2ba895a79094220f12db23.gif

Elven Woman: "Oh my... what lovely accommodations you've given me, Astra Rhea..."

Rhea stops from where she stands further away, far enough the elven woman cannot see her. Her surprise is clear on her face. She sighs, scrubbing at her face tiredly.

Rhea: "Well, Ardelia, I would hazard a guess you weren't the one to tell her my name."

Ardelia shakes her head from where she stands guard, confusion clear on her face.

Ardelia: "No... I- I have no idea how she knows. She was unconscious."

They both stare into the cell, where the elven woman smiles at them both mysteriously, and share a mutual look of concern as they realize Meliad Cabrina will need to be informed on this whole mess.
44 days 15 hours ago
Scarelet
~โ— Temple of The Skies โ—~

Cabrina sits at the council table, holding a book in her hands full of elven writing, her notes for the meeting. She glances towards the empty chair where Leo should be, then at the other council members.

Cabrina: "Leo should arrive soon. He must be held up on his way back from Sea Snake Bay. Any less pressing concerns we should address as we await his arrival?"

Calpernia seems to be mulling over something as she sits, toying with an earring she made from an eyeball she acquired.

Calpernia: "Rowan and I have noticed a sense of unrest amongst the people. My business has been busier than usual, as many are buying my protective talismans."

Rowan frowns as they look over towards Calpernia, nodding in agreement.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/a836403ac3bf3e48e364fb73e2f82244/11de000c33d93140-6a/s400x600/f1aad681bc25bc30587fc1a76d0a92d657fff188.gif

Rowan: "Elves on patrol reported to see and hear strange things the closer they were stationed to the waters. I pulled them back as far as I can, but... patrols need to be performed in that area."

Cabrina frowns as she smooths out the skirt of her dress.

Cabrina: "There is unrest in general, especially as there are many changes ahead of us with the rebuilding efforts still ongoing. The magic here... it feels wild and angry with the loss it felt, being distant from us for so long."

Leo quietly makes his way to sit down at his seat as Cabrina talks.

Leo: "The elves and humans in Sea Snake Bay are in a state of unrest as well. I've been helping with trade to keep things smoothly flowing between these waters, despite the low mood."

Cabrina nods at him, pleased to hear some good out of it.

Cabrina: "Good, good. We need to keep our trade relationships strong for the rebuilding efforts. We should be done within a few years at this pace."

Josephine, seated at the table and trying to hide how she was gossiping with Elif about the elves, offers a polite smile.

Josephine: "The half-elves seem to be having a hard time adjusting, especially since most are working on the rebuilding efforts. They complained elves are ordering them around, making them fetch small things like beverages. But they are happy to have a half elf on the council!"

Josephine privately isn't so sure all the half-elves are happy she's on the council, or happy with her at all for that matter, as she looks down after she gives her report.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/db82e2d659ecd9f75516c7e7c21914e5/tumblr_inline_o1otrxS2GO1rifr4k_500.gif

Cabrina looks uncertain at that, glancing at the other elves, who all look equally uncertain on the matter, aside from Leo.

Cabrina: "I will admit... The elders enforced many strict rules, especially for half-elves to work in a servitude position. I'm open to ideas on how to make changes to the structure, as I've offered them better housing and pay, at the very least. But the last thing I need is a civil war..."

Calpernia: "Too much change at once could cause more problems than we can afford. Though I have no issues with working with half-elves, as the family apothecary has become quite busy these days."

Rowan: "I could put a few half-elves on patrol..."

They pause to look at Elif, considering him for a moment.

Rowan: "But Elif, if you wish to perform patrols, you will have to go with me. You're horrible with a knife."

Elif: "What need have I for a knife, with my poison fingertips? Your jealousy is embarrassing to witness."

Rowan rolls their eyes, turning away from him.

Calpernia raises her hand over her mouth so she isn't seen laughing at them.

Leo: "There aren't any problems over at Sea Snake Bay yet, at least to my knowledge. I've been speaking more with the humans there, to understand them and make for a smoother connection between our people."

Cabrina rests her chin on her palm, considering all of these matters.

Cabrina: "That will have to be well enough for now, Josephine. We simply can't risk too much change too suddenly."

Josephine frowns, looking down at her hands in her lap.

Josephine: "Of course. I understand. I'm very grateful for this position."

Cabrina forces a smile, even as she finds all of these matters to be quite overwhelming, newly Meliad as she is.

Cabrina: "In brighter news, I have discussed our attendance of a ball hosted by Astra Rhea and I. Hopefully this will build connections and ease tensions. It will be within a few days time, so prepare yourselves, as we will travel by boat across the waters of Sea Snake Bay. Leo, I trust you will chart our course, given all the time you've spent there of late."

Cabrina glances around at the gathered council, flicking her fingers towards them in a motion of dismissal.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/a69e045ec5950014d508347299bee08d/tumblr_ozfc3uacLf1tqjy92o1_500.gif

Cabrina: "The council meeting is dismissed, and I will see you all at the Hexenringe docks bright and early that morning to travel across the waters."

The elves and half-elves attending all slowly filter out of the council room, until only Cabrina is seated. She turns to stare out at Hexenringe in the distance.

Cabrina: "Meliad Cabrina... what a strange title to hold."
44 days 15 hours ago
Scarelet
~โ— The Temple Of Serenity โ—~

Rand, Cyprus, Ardelia, and Lord Gray have all been gathered inside the primary office of the temple. The chill of the morning breeze flows into the room from an open window as Ardelia taps her foot impatiently.

Ardelia: "Rhea summoned us hours ago, she's never late...something is wrong."

Rand yawns, still half asleep after being awoken in the dead of the night to be brought here.

Rand: "I'm sure she's fine, she likely got caught up with something related to the coming festivities."

As Rand finishes his words the sound of heels on stone echoes through the temple. Rand and Ardelia exchange glances just as the office door swings open. Meredith walks in with a smug look on her face, saying not a word as she moves to sit at the desk.

Ardelia: "Meredith? Where is Rhea?"

Meredith smiles and leans back in the chair.

Meredith: "Busy I'm afraid, as you know Ardelia, we have a new guest in our dungeons."

Rand: "Guest? Who? Ardelia, why didn't you tell me?"

Ardelia gives him an apologetic glance but before she can respond Meredith speaks again.

Meredith: "The elf woman has failed to give us any information on who she is or why she's trespassing in our lands. As a precaution, Rhea has asked me to deliver you all a message on her behal-"

Cyprus cuts her off with a slightly agitated tone.

Cyprus: "She took an elf prisoner? Why? What will that do other than provoke the elves into even more problems???"

Meredith flicks her eyes in his direction, looking him up and down with distaste.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/cc21c2eb8f2ed85223bf5d24c021a682/5ba7ac4c79794ac4-af/s540x810/3ec19611980a520cc118e721e6492adef2abfbfe.gif

Meredith: "Hm, a temple boy speaking as if he was given permission to open his mouth. How original."

Cyprus: "I-"

Meredith: "Hush now, temple boy. Your betters are speaking."

Gray crosses his arms.

Gray: "With all due respect, Meredith, Cyprus is a valued member of Rhea's council as are we-"

Meredith: "Lord Gray, until you've accomplished something good for this land I suggest you keep your mouth closed, nobody cares to hear the words of a little lord for a little island."

She smiles again and clears her throat.

Meredith: "Now, as I was saying. In light of the possibility that the elves are sending spies Rhea has asked me to tell all of you that should any of you get any ideas of treason, sympathy for the elves, or otherwise piss her off in anyway you will find yourself sharing a cell with our new guest."

Her eyes then lock onto rand.

Meredith: "Now as for you..."

Her face reads as normal but her eyes glimmer with a bit of hate as she looks upon the bastard.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/61f70f5c06b499893b030e440519638a/5ba7ac4c79794ac4-5f/s540x810/eb0f581bbc43dd9b42f452fba547e9f32fcc065e.gif

Meredith: "Rhea has received word that Eurydice will be joining us during these coming festivities...you are to "guard" her. In truth you'll be spying, should she show any sign of working with the elves to undermine your Astra...well...you'll need to cut her throat."

Meredith rises from her seat as Rand and the others stare at her in disbelief.

Meredith: "Dismissed."

She walks past them with a smirk.
44 days 15 hours ago
Scarelet
~โ— Sea Snake Bay โ—~

Eurydice stands facing the city from the safety of her balcony in the room that the new mayor of Sea Snake was kind enough to give her.  The morning air softly brushes through her hair as handmaidens are abuzz behind her.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/05707626a57e3bb63531c98959ff0c28/64a96d06b9bbc9c0-62/s540x810/833ebaa7edb9c8fa1164ff8028f5a6d692fb9efe.gif

Her favorite handmaid, a young half-elf woman approaches, speaking with a soft voice.

Handmaid: "My lady?"

Eurydice turns to her with a small smile.

Eurydice: "Yes?"

Handmaid: "Your things have been loaded onto the boat for the trip to the Bronze City...but someone left something for you by the shore."

Eurydice tilts her head in confusion.

Eurydice: "For me? Who?"

The handmaid shrugs.

Handmaid: "I'm sorry my lady, they didnt say."

Eurydice nods and makes her way out of the room. She walks along the lower open-wall corridors of the house, the fragrant scent from the lemon trees bringing her comfort. Who could have sent her a gift? Perhaps Rand? The idea of that made her smile, yet she couldn't shake a sinking feeling in her chest at the thought of his name.

She steps out onto the beach, a beautiful chest catching her eye. She kneels by it, opening it slowly to reveal 3 beautiful dragon eggs. She couldn't help bust gasp in awe of their beauty.

First she picked up the cream colored egg, flecks of gold shimmer on its surface as it catches the sunlight. She smiles, something about the egg feels safe and loving to her. Carefully she sets it back into the box.

Second she picked up the deep red egg, even to the touch the surface of this egg was hot as if a great fire was raging inside. As the sunlight kisses the shell of the egg it sends fragments of ruby colored light dancing across the wall of the house. Holding it she could feel great power and intelligence behind the egg, as well as a strong sense of survival. This would be a mighty beast some day. With even more care she sets it back into the box.

Finally, she picks up the emerald green one.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/0d92f95b71b84a68e9519b0853b139e4/dc8bc1708a4e88da-63/s540x810/ec8923b62f93824bcf881188dd282f454d959a5f.gif

She could feel great curiosity and mischief from this one. The dragon within would surely be a handful. She holds the egg up to the light, smiling as it glitters in a vibrant green glow. Just as with the rest, she carefully sets it back into the box.

An envelope in the lid catches her eye. With care she opens it to read the small slip of paper within.

"Three eggs, three dragons, three losses. Hold them close, for they will someday make a difference."

Eurydice furrows her brows as she reads the strange letter again. Whoever sent these did not leave a name for her to know...whispers chanting the dreaded name start for the first time in days...๐˜›๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต....๐˜›๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต...๐˜›๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต.

She looks up into the sun as the whispers dance like fire in her mind.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/b3f1c25ae4eebd797f2a6048a132ae10/f125f851024ef88a-bb/s540x810/ffff92f1909d26a47e499fca6d780bddb8d8c70e.gif

-----

Hello, Welcome to Chapter I of Book II of the dragons lament! We're super excited to be back!

Events will start at 6:30 PM EST everyday, but the events wont be crazy or full of a lot. Chapter 1 will mostly just be set up and the opportunity of personal plot and getting back into character!
43 days 20 hours ago
Scarelet
(You may now post!)
43 days 20 hours ago
Scarelet
*Meredith sits outside in the Bronze City, watching as the festivities are being set up for tonight*
43 days 20 hours ago
Symmetry888
The boats the elves are on arrive at the Bronze City docks, as humans run around below to get them ready to unboard.

Cabrina leans over the edge of the boat, looking out. "It is a good thing I thought to bring wine," she muses aloud, watching the way the humans shoot them dirty looks.

Elif looks out as well, mostly disappointed they didn't get to bring the horses.
43 days 20 hours ago
dan12233445566
Rand wanders around the city with his cloak covering his entire body and his hood up. Although he is a knight of the realm, it is far easier to blend in with the people when big events like this are occurring.

^This will be the largest gathering between us and those elves in some time. I better keep an eye on them. I would've done it anyway even if that damned Meredith didn't order us to so.^
43 days 20 hours ago
spinfur
*Cyprus is in the temple still stewing a bit from the interaction from Meredith a bit bitter, but he has no time to focus on that as he helps people who are injured here*
43 days 20 hours ago
Scarelet
*Meredith side eyes the Elves arriving. With a forced smile she rises from her seat to walk over and greet them as they unboard*
43 days 20 hours ago
Maya10
Sit at the foot of the cliff watching the boats arriving but mind is scrambling*
43 days 20 hours ago
Hudspith
*watches as my boat docks at the bronze docks*

Well let's get this over with
43 days 20 hours ago
camell22
Rio walks along the streets humming a tune to himself being lost within the melody. Another day is another opportunity for him. He keeps humming the melody to himself
43 days 20 hours ago
Demgirl6
Rowan: *they look out at the Bronze City, furrowing their brows at... well... everything* ...Suppose we should've brought more. *they mumble, brushing off their dress as they unboard*
43 days 19 hours ago
Symmetry888
Cabrina watches as Meredith walk over, her smile equally forced. "Yes, let's," she says to Leo as she leads them off the boats to meet her.

"And the horses," Elif adds at Rowan's words, as they have added at least twenty times on this boat ride so far.
43 days 19 hours ago
Scarelet
*Meredith slightly bows her head to Cabrina*

Meredith: "Meliad Cabrina, so good of you to travel all this way..."

*she pauses to silently Judge the other elves*

Meredith: "And you even brought friends, how joyful this day will be."

open group

The Dragon's Lament

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!