This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

American Song Contest: Edition 2

Topic » American Song Contest: Edition..

420 days 15 hours ago
SeaViper
16) Tennessee - Justin Timberlake - "Let Me Talk To You/My Love"

420 days 15 hours ago
SeaViper
17) Georgia - Chloe x Hallie - "Busy Boy"

420 days 15 hours ago
SeaViper
18) Texas - Kelly Clarkson - "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)"

420 days 15 hours ago
SeaViper
And that officially concludes the second edition of the American Song Contest!

VOTING:

Just like last edition, voting will follow the Eurovision format of:
1st: 12 points
2nd: 10
3rd: 8
4th: 7
5th: 6
6th: 5
7th: 4
8th: 3
9th: 2
10th: 1
11th-17th: 0

Please mail your votes to SeaViper! Voting will close in approximetely a week's time on Sunday 19th at 5PM EST/10PM GMT!

PLAYLISTS:

Youtube: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhKQXz7qhdzIK4_VXtY0KeAqGfLFsJOn9

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0e55q2g7mPfMRO1Eyz1bHr (Missing Louisiana/Addison Rae)
420 days 14 hours ago
humanwebjet1
1) South Carolina: Definitely not my cup of teaaaa, sorry :)
2) Kansas: Absolutely obsessed with Big Time Rush, but this wouldn’t have been one of my faves that I would have liked to see. A for effort!
3) New Jersey: I liked the vibes, at first I was like what am I listening to then slowly started getting into it *giggles*
4) Puerto Rico: Meeh it’s okay
5) North Carolina: AHHHHH absolutely loveeee, Fantasia’s here this is the winner y’all!!
6) Missouri: Another meh song even more meh than Puerto Rico.
7) North Dakota: It’s okay like it didn’t really give me the excitement I was looking for.
8) Indiana: I was hooked at the start of it throughout the end, I’ve found me a new song nowwww!!!
9) Iowa: Yasss, you’re probably going to be in the middle of my rankings.
10) Michigan: Holy shit, I haven’t heard this song in a while I think. Your recent songs in my opinion aren’t the best, but this and Vogue are niceeeee.
11) Florida: Another in the middle pack.
12) Pennsylvania: AHHH I love thissss, tbh I prefer more of your heartfelt songs than upbeat. Absoluteeeee perfect choice!
13) Arizona: I love me some throwbacks! It would have been absolutely bomb if you or Big Time Rush posted Count on You, it’s literally in my playlist rn and I’m playing that on my wedding day XD
14) Hawaii: Ughh super overplayed, noope noppeee.
15) Louisiana: Could not get into it, so I didn’t like.
16) Tennessee: My loverrrr, anything by you is pure gold.
17) Georgia: Meh, you ladies have got vocalssss but this not my thing.
18) Texas: Another overplayed, but will always be up there for sure no matter how long it’s been.
419 days 8 hours ago
reallyreally
1) South Carolina: It's decently catchy but the lyrics are too simplistic/repetitive. I like the song Happiness off this album though. Also, she kind of sounds like Jordin Sparks who's also in this contest.
2) Kansas: They're not the best singers which made it a bit hard to listen to. I like the "I-I-I-I" part.
3) New Jersey: She kinda sounds like Ava Max, which is funny cause of the song title. Some of her scream-singing bothered me. Also, the production reminds me of Billie Eilish.
4) Puerto Rico: It sounds like corny motivational music that would be in a Zumba class.
5) North Carolina: I like the emotion she puts into the song, you can really tell she means what she's singing. My favorite so far.
6) Missouri: Not for me, but I respect you sending in an artist I've never heard of
7) North Dakota: I didn't mind listening to this but I don't think I'd remember it by the end of the contest
8) Indiana: It's okay, I'm not really a fan of this type of club music.
9) Iowa: This was fun and catchy, I'd listen to it again.
10) Michigan: I couldn't get into this even though I do like some of her other songs from the 80s.
11) Florida: One of my favorites so far it's super fan and catchy without becoming repetitive.
12) Pennsylvania: I really like the lyrics and find them interesting, I'd definitely listen to this again.
13) Arizona: It's pretty cheesy and reminds me of Radio Disney, that being said I still enjoyed it.
14) Hawaii: This played on the radio a lot when I was growing up and I never got why it was so popular. I like ballads but this one's too boring for me
15) Louisiana: This didn't really go anywhere
16) Tennessee: I didn't like the first couple minutes, but I really like the "My Love" part. I still think it sounds fresh even though it was released back in the 2000's.
17) Georgia: I liked it at first with the retro sound but it got annoying after a while and was a bit all over the place.
18) Texas: I like her vocals but I wasn't a fan of the productions and the lyrics are alright.
418 days 20 hours ago
FromAWindow
Only doing positive comments yaaaass

1) South Carolina - I loveeee songs with the lyrics hush hush, always sounds sooo sexy. Good beat!
2) Kansas - LMAO I love this style of song!
3) New Jersey - LMAOOOO this isn’t my kinda song at all ngl but the chorus took me OUT
4) Puerto Rico - YAAAAAASSSSS she has better but omg try not dancing to this!!!
5) North Carolina - I fucking love this very specific genre of trying to make a Boyz II Men or Mariah Carey sing, bawpp!!
6) Missouri - DIFODOSSJDJOOKGDDFGGHJKKLOF WHAT IS THIS YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
7) North Dakota - awwwwwww this is really sweet!!! Love the harmonies sm and her voice is very gorgeous!!
8) Indiana - The beat drop is kind of a slayyyy yess THE ENDING LINE LMAO
9) Iowa - Aww this is cute! Very poppy
10) Michigan - Lmaooo legend I get it. Good song! Not my fave of hers but good and very timeless!
11) Florida - Photo ID robbed but I get it, this is nice and smooth!
12) Pennsylvania - Loveeeeeeee that this is one of her folklore/evermore entries instead of anything more poppy, this style suits her so well and the instrumentation is so gorgeous :))
13) Arizona - NO WHO SENT THIS SHDKDKSJDFJDOAOAA the best song of all time!!!
14) Hawaii - WHY IS THIS NOT SILK SONIC??????????????? But nostalgic song I get it.
15) Louisiana - Why did her label NOT RELEASE THIS ALBUM???? It’s such well done basic pop like I’m BOPPING!!!
16) Tennessee - I can’t lie this beat is hotttttt and I’m gonna ignore this is Justin Timberlake and just focus on the timbaland beats and TI YESSSSSSSS
17) Georgia - MOTHERS YESSSSSSSSSSSS oh and GOOOOOD album track pick!!!!!!! This is such an underrated song!!!
18) Texas - Loveeeeeee miss Kelly!!!!
415 days 1 hour ago
Tester
1) South Carolina - It's alright but not really my type of music
2) Kansas - Why does this make me think back to the time I was a huge 1D fan lmfao this is another boy band from that same time period of early 2010s lol
3) New Jersey - An absolute 8-va (excuse the pun)
4) Puerto Rico - It's JLo so I can't really grade it lowly but she has better songs
5) North Carolina - I really liked the beat in this song
6) Missouri - Not my type of music AT ALL. I did not like this song at all.
7) North Dakota - Kinda boring?
8) Indiana - It's alright but not exactly my type of music, just like SoCal's submission
9) Iowa - Sounds cool ig
10) Michigan - An absolute banger. I used to be a massive fan of this song as a child. Thank you for submitting this song <3
11) Florida - Idk why but this reminded me a bit of The Weeknd? LMAO
12) Pennsylvania - Ahhh this is my favorite Taylor Swift song, I love it so much <3 absolute perfection <3
13) Arizona - I think it's fine. Not the most memorable song in my opinion
14) Hawaii - Not my favorite Bruno Mars song but I still like it regardless
15) Louisiana - I like the beat but the lyrics were a bit too fast for me and it felt quite repetitive
16) Tennessee - Justin Timberlake has made better songs than this one. Don't really like this as much as some of his other songs.
17) Georgia - Not exactly my type of music
18) Texas - An absolute banger. I love this song so much <3 an instant classic from 2011 <3
414 days 17 hours ago
SeaViper
NOTE: It's just been pointed out to me that I accidentally put down Dominic Fike as Indiana. He is actually Florida!
413 days 14 hours ago
SeaViper
*Arrives*
413 days 14 hours ago
reallyreally
Good luck everybody :)
413 days 14 hours ago
humanwebjet1
Excited to see who's whooo XD
413 days 14 hours ago
SeaViper
Who's Who:

Hellocat: South Carolina
RyanLux: Kansas
Nhl8765554321: New Jersey
Tswiftlover13: Puerto Rico
Moviemusicguy123: North Carolina
Countrysavage: Missouri
SeaViper: North Dakota
Catch_A_Falling_Star: Indiana
Reallyreally: Iowa
Humanwebjet1: Michigan
Nateclove: Florida
Tester: Pennsylvania
FromAWindow: Arizona
JoshBB1999: Hawaii
PennyTrationStan: Louisiana
MrRobzilla: Tennessee
TurkeyLover: Georgia
J4ckWilko: Texas
413 days 14 hours ago
tswiftlover13
HERE WE GO
413 days 14 hours ago
tswiftlover13
MICHIGAN ATE

open group

American Song Contest: Edition 3

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!