This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S12] The Knockouts (Round 4)

Topic » [S12] The Knockouts (Round 4)

1374 days 18 hours ago
TommyD
A new non-live episode of The X Factor 12: The Knockouts will be posted later today!

Your mentor will select one winner from each pairing to move on to the next stage of the competition - The Showcases!

The eliminated acts will be eligible for a steal at the end of the episode!

Steal available:
Tommy - 0
Jack - 0
Michael - 1
Nehemiah - 0 

Running Order:
#TeamMichael
01. Melodores (chris2pei)
02. Chloe x Halle (Ajathekween)
-----------------------------
#TeamTommy
03. EXIT (DrG2)
04. Jamie Johnson (Tswiftlover13)
#TeamNehemiah
05. Cody Simpson (Danielevk)
06. Luke Friend (Tinkerbelll)
#TeamMichael
07. Makenzie Thomas (DrG2)
08. Charice Pempengco (chris2pei)
#TeamTommy
09. Noah Guthrie (1001games)
10. Dennis Van Aarssen (DrG2)
#TeamJack
11. Brian Justin Crum (Jameslu)
12. Annie Lennox (Moviemusicguy123)

Best of luck!
1374 days 18 hours ago
J4ckWilko
The fact that Charice v Mackenzie will be robbed tonight of being stolen shakes me
1374 days 18 hours ago
stuartlittle16
J4ckWilko
The fact that Charice v Mackenzie will be robbed tonight of being stolen shakes me

I legit hate it
1374 days 17 hours ago
tswiftlover13
Good luck everyone 💜✌👍
1374 days 16 hours ago
TommyD

*walks out*

Hello and welcome to The X Factor! Your night of entertainment starts right here! *cheers*

It's the last night of The Knockouts, and with Michael's final steal tonight, we add 7 more acts to our Top 32 ahead of The Showcases!

Please welcome your panel: Tommy, Jack, Michael and Nehemiah! *claps*

Let the final episode of The Knockouts continue...
1374 days 16 hours ago
TommyD
#TeamMichael

01. Melodores "Colder Weather" (chris2pei)

TOMMY:
*claps*
This was very different to what we have normally had from you, and I have to say, I really liked it. You had a great vocal in this and I liked someone taking the lead. I think you have to get further in this season, it'll be interesting to see how you do.

JACK:
Michael is probably laughing as he watches the pain I am going through because I really wasted you last season and I know you should have made it. Tonight proved it because I feel that you have put tonnes of work into this.

NEHEMIAH:
This is the season for you guys to get redemption and we get to see if you can make it to the live shows. This was definitely a surprising song choice that I was not expecting but it worked so beautifully. It was beautifully well done.

MICHAEL:
What a way to start the final night of the knockouts. I legit got chills watching this. You guys just never disappoint and I dont see why not that you guys can win this whole thing. You guys just bring something different in this competition which I love.

*claps*

------------------------------------------

02. Chloe x Halle "Happy Without Me" (Ajathekween)

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
Oh my! This was so so good! My favourite performance from you for sure. It was lively, it was fun and you had some great vocals. It's a shame Michael is the only one with a steal because I think this is a missed oppurtunity.

JACK:
Girls you twos harmonies are probably the best asset of yours. I really liked your song choice because you have allowed yourself to use your harmonies. The song its self was really groovy and really you. I think you have a good chance tonight

NEHEMIAH:
I truly love you girls, but it really does become a hit or miss with you girls and song choices are the main thing that will make you stand out. A little advice you don’t have to stick directly to your original songs because maybe the judges might wanna hear covers of songs they are familiar with.

MICHAEL:
Oh gosh the harmonies. You guys sound so incredible together and I think you guys are under-appreciated when it comes to your guy's vocals. Im upset that no one else has a steal and Im gonna have to lose one of you guys. Amazing job!

*claps*

------------------------------------------

Michael, who is the winner of this Knockout?

MICHAEL:
Can I switch my steal into a save? I dont want to lose either of these acts because I think these were some of the best performances we've seen during the knockouts and someone is gonna be robbed here tonight. Please come back again next season as eventually there will be a season that has your name all over it. The act I will be choosing is who I am more familiar with and who I think has the better shot making it to the finale. The winner of this battle is ...... Melodores!

*claps*

Congratulations Melodores (chris2pei)! You are moving on to The Showcases! *claps*

This does mean that Chloe x Halle (Ajathekween), as there are no more steal available, you will be eliminated from the competition!

*claps*
1374 days 16 hours ago
TommyD
#TeamTommy

03. EXIT "Way Back Home" (DrG2)

JACK:
Tonight this was really confusing the fact that you did a bunch of different songs that didn't present your best vocals. You shouldn't be making mistakes like this because this just wasn't it at all. It was kind of a mess.

MICHAEL:
Can I just say that this was such a great choice for your performance tonight. Personally this is my favorite performance from you guys Ive seen and I really hope you guys move on in the competition after this. Also when you get into Way Back Home its just so amazing. So re-playable.

NEHEMIAH:
I actually forgot the type of artist you guys are, and this was a cute performance for sure but this was just a weird performance because I wasn’t necessarily sure not vibing with how you all set this mashup.

TOMMY:
This was good, I see what you were trying to do, but I do feel that it was a little too disjointed if I'm honest, like it felt a little here, then there, I didn't have time to really enjoy it and get into it. You're so much fun though and you have a lot of diversity.

*claps*

-------------------------------------------

04. Jamie Johnson "Finally" (Tswiftlover13)

JACK:
You definitely won this knockout because I think you have something special and Tommy is lucky too have you because if it wasn't for you this would have been such a messy knockout pairing.

MICHAEL:
I remember liking you in the audition stage and I think it went a bit up after this performance. I think you have a strong vocal but its also gonna be tough to stand out when you're against a whole acapella group. I wish you the best of luck tho tonight.

NEHEMIAH:
So this matchup at least for me was distinctly of two artist that didn’t really grab my attention during the auditions but this was a nice reintroduction to you. Tommy if I’m being honest he should be going up against Noah because lowkey this was an easy battle for Jaime to win. At least for me you won this easily.

TOMMY:
I thought that this was a cool performance, it was different, you gave me a pure vocal and it had some really nice moments, I think there is a threat that it looks like you might be trying too hard, but you have a great voice, just wasn't sold on the song choice for you tonight.

*claps*

-------------------------------------

The winner of this Knockout?

TOMMY:
This was my last pairing up because I just couldn't match you both. You have both given me different things here, but I have to go with the act I see myself working with more, I also feel the other has a good chance at being stolen. The winner of this Knockout is Jamie! Sorry boys!

*claps*

Congratulations Jamie Johnson (Tswiftlover13)! You are heading through to The Showcases! *claps*

Unfortunately, EXIT (DrG2), you have not been selected, but you will be available for the steal at the end of the episode. Good luck!

*claps*
1374 days 16 hours ago
TommyD
#TeamNehemiah

05. Cody Simpson "Pretty Brown Eyes" (Danielevk)

TOMMY:
You have such a pretty voice, and a pretty face. This was a cute performance, if I'm honest it was a little too repetitive and I do think you could have added layers to it, but you're someone I remember from the auditions and I think it would be interesting to see more from you this season! Good luck!

JACK:
I seriously like the acoustic version of this song and I really like how you sing. I wish i did have a steal because if you lose this pairing I would have liked to steal you because you are possibly one of the strongest boys of this season.

MICHAEL:
A whole bop. This is the Cody that I remember and I think this was a pretty good performance from you. This was a fair pairing and I could see the either of you guys winning. I would love to see you move on tho as I want to see what else you got for us.

NEHEMIAH:
You came into the auditions and surprised the crap out of me and I knew I immediately wanted you on my team. I think theres a lot of layers to you but we’re gonna have to convey song choices because I want the other judges next to me to connect to you. Tonight’s performance was not up to the potential I know it could’ve been but vocally wasn’t horrible.

*claps*

---------------------------------------------

06. Luke Friend "Let Her Go" (Tinkerbelll)

TOMMY:
*claps*
You have such a full and rounded voice, there are moments in this where you can tell you feel a lot more confident than others because you really start to excel throughout. This performance wasn't the best, but I see lot's of potential in you from this!

JACK:
*BECOMES SPEECHLESS* Nehemiah I am shook, you have good taste for once (Words of Akshar) joking because this is just wow. I think this was amazing and tonight Luke you was really fighting to get through and I really hope you do but to be honest your against Cody and thats gonna be a struggle

MICHAEL:
I think this was a good performance for you. I dont know how to explain it but there is always something about your voice that makes me feel iffy about your performances. I think you could of went with a better song choice that showcased your vocals better tho.

NEHEMIAH:
Welcome back to my team man, I truly do love you and I think you have a lot of potential in this competition. I do see you as a contender for being the underdog just because you don’t have the voice that everyone else puts in the category for like a showstopper diva. Yet I honestly don’t think you personally need that.

*claps*

-------------------------------------------------

Nehemiah, which act are you sending through to The Showcases?

NEHEMIAH:
I put you both together because I don’t want to let either one of you go yet I did want to see what was next on the table for you to present to me after beautiful auditions. I liked both performances but I did end up liking one more than the other and shockingly came to a decision on the winner of this battle. With that being said, congratulations Luke Friend!!!!!

*claps*

Congratulations Luke Friend (Tinkerbelll)! You are through to the next stage of the competition! *claps*

Unfortunately, Cody Simpson (Danielevk), this does mean that you have not been selected, but you will be available for the steal! Good luck!

*claps*
1374 days 16 hours ago
TommyD
#TeamMichael

07. Makenzie Thomas "How Deep Is Your Love" (DrG2)

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
This was absolutely stunning! My goodness! You really delivered! This is a great song and you made it better somehow, it was a flawless masterpiece from start to finish! Well done!

JACK:
*Stands and claps* WOW, Mackenzie this was amazingly done and i think your performance level has gotten better from your audition to tis performance. I think your song choice really helped you and you created something special.

NEHEMIAH:
This was a nice laidback cover and I can tell you connected to the song deeply. Not much to say as it was quite simple but well done.

MICHAEL:
Another beautiful performance from you once again. You started off where you left off at the auditions. I do prefer your audition tho over this. This did get better tho as it went on and the last 40 secs or so was just complete perfection. Amazing job!

*claps*

--------------------------------------------

08. Charice Pempengco "Listen" (chris2pei)

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
Oh man! Why did none of us save a steal for this... There is going to be robbery tonight because both these performances were absolutely spectacular. This song was so professional, you really delivered and if this is what you are giving us now, what are you giving us moving forward? Good luck!

JACK:
Oh wow. Michael why do you do this to two these acts. I think Neme needs to steal one of you two because if he doesn't he is missing out. Singing a Beyonce song is risky but you proved that you can take risks and absolutely slay the song.

NEHEMIAH:
Oh here we go….Charice using big songs to impress us. I love you Charice I really do but I am definitely getting tired of these “big” songs because it’s literally just performed the same way everytime. You did beautifully sure but where’s the originality I’m not sure it’s there.

MICHAEL:
Wow this was a fantastic performance. This was a very strong vocal performance from you and you sang like you wanted to stay in the competition. There were a couple shaky parts tbh but there is no doubt that you are very talented and one of the more powerful singers in the competition.

*claps*

-----------------------------------------

Michael, who is the winner of this knockout?

MICHAEL:
I absolutely hate this. You both deserve to move on after these performances and I have no idea what to do. I could name the pros and cons on why each of you should make it through. I have no doubt in my mind that if someone had a steal they would be using it on this knockout. I blame Tommy for having this knockout on the last episode :P . On one hand there is an act who I think can go far in the competition, on the other hand there is an act who I think had the better performance tonight. Im gonna have to go with who I think sang like they were fighting for their life in the competition. The winner of this knockout is...... Charice!! Makenzie you are truly getting robbed and I hope we get to see you again next season.

*claps*

Congratulations Charice Pempengco (chris2pei)! You are moving on to The Showcases! *claps*

Unfortunately, Makenzie Thomas (DrG2), you have been eliminated as no steals remain.

*claps*
1374 days 16 hours ago
Jameslu
MaKenzie robbed after my fave performance of hers </3
1374 days 16 hours ago
TommyD
#TeamTommy

09. Noah Guthrie "Rainbow" (1001games)

JACK:
Noah you was one person that stood out at the auditions to be really unique and I think this proves my point. This was so well done and I think letting you go at this point of the competition will be a mistake on Tommy's behalf because you deserve this.

MICHAEL:
First off great song choice. Second off I dont even remember you from the auditions if Im being honest but I think this was a solid performance. You have a cool voice as well. The performance was a bit lackluster tho.

NEHEMIAH:
Well shiver me timbers I do love me some Kacey Musgraves. Noah i think you could actually be a force to reckon with in this competition if used correctly. I hope Tommy sees that talent and let’s it go far as you’ll take him.

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
Noah, this was a beautiful performance, from start to finish. It was just stunning! You have such a lovely tone and each time I've underestimated you, you have proved me wrong, such a delightful performance, it even got me a little bit emotional! Well done!

*claps*

------------------------------------------------

10. Dennis Van Aarssen "Mr. Bojangles" (DrG2)

JACK:
Tonight you and Noah are a good pairing and to be honest I see you going far in this competition because you have a soft and calm voice but then you can twist it with some sort of cabaret which I kinda like.

MICHAEL:
I loved this! There is no one like you in this competition and its such a refreshing voice to listen to. Im not familiar with the song so it was hard for me to connect to the performance but I still think it was great.

NEHEMIAH:
This was a really nice pair up because I forgot your audition by name but easily remembered by face and I wanted to see what else you had to bring to the table. I think in a way this was a fair match up but I truly want more. But you have the true jazz passion and that’s just something beautifully to here in 2020.

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
You are so cool, so suave, you have a great and unique voice and I really enjoyed this, it was a real performance, you performed for us, not only singing, but giving us a show and I really love that. Great job!

*claps*

------------------------------------------------

The winner of this knockout?

TOMMY:
I paired you both because you're both unique, and I am a massive supporter of that and at least one of you have to make it to The Showcases! Both of you did a good job, but I can only take one. The winner of this knockout is Noah! I'm sorry Dennis! :(

*claps*

Congratulations Noah Guthrie (1001games)! You are moving on to The Showcases! *claps*

Unfortunately, Dennis Van Aarssen (DrG2), you have not been selected, but you are available for tonight's steal! Best of luck!

*claps*
1374 days 16 hours ago
J4ckWilko
YAY NOAHS THROUGH
1374 days 16 hours ago
J4ckWilko
Check snap tommy
1374 days 16 hours ago
TommyD
#TeamJack

11. Brian Justin Crum "Circles" (Jameslu)

TOMMY:
*claps*
You know, your audition was BIG! So this was a real risk, but actually, it's so nice to see you take this alternative avenue, it was really refreshing and I liked this just as much. You have one of them male vocals that is just so impactful, I loved this! Well done Brian!

MICHAEL:
I thought you were about to give us a whole Post Malone performance. I think this was better then your audition and it was a very solid performance from you. I was expecting more from you if Im being honest because I know how amazing you are but I hope if you end up moving on you give it all in showcases.

NEHEMIAH:
I wasn’t expecting performances like this but I’m actually glad you’;re not sticking the AGT route. I thought this was a nice laidback performance that gave us more deep into the voice that you do have. I’m interested to see what Jack will do.

JACK:
Tonight you have shown me you have an amazing set of lungs. This was very full of emotion and this song was possibly one of the best knockout performances I have saw from this year. Your passion is also something major i saw tonight and if I allow you to go through I want to see more of this

*claps*

12. Annie Lennox "Why" (Moviemusicguy123)

TOMMY:
*claps*
I always love when an artist really tells a story, and I feel like you did that tonight. It was a stunning performance Annie! Well done! *claps*

MICHAEL:
I think this was a pretty good performance and I actually quite enjoyed it. I would say that this was a but more enjoyable to watch then your audition. The only issue that I could see happening is that the rest of your performances are just as old as this one. Like I would prefer to see a performance from the last 10 years.

NEHEMIAH:
I’m actually mad that Jack paired you both up because I believe we ALL loved your audition Annie. And we all love Brian I’m pretty sure. I do not think you dropped the ball at all this was still a pretty big impactful performance just as your original. You’re voice just packs a big punch and brings back the old school vibe into the building and I love it.

JACK:
Annie your audition performance was exceptional and to be honest, I wished to see some improvement and this was just at the same level. I loved it but I wanted to see the level of performance to improve and I was disappointed in that unfortunately

*claps*

Jack, who is the winner of this knockout?

JACK:
I think tonight you both did well but one of you just went above my expectations and absolutely slayed their performance and thats why I am taking Brian through to the showcases.

*claps*

Congratulations Brian Justin Crum (Jameslu)! You are through to The Showcases! *claps*

Unfortunately, Annie Lennox (Moviemusicguy123), you have been eliminated, but you will be available for Michael's final steal tonight! Good luck!

*claps*
1374 days 16 hours ago
TommyD
J4ckWilko
Check snap tommy

Okay!
1374 days 16 hours ago
Jameslu
Thank you Jack! <3

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!