This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S6] Six Chair Challenge (Part 3)

Topic » [S6] Six Chair Challenge (Part..

2028 days 15 hours ago
TommyD
09. Jennifer Hudson "Where You At" (chris2pei)

Tommy:
*stands and claps*
The original shoe thrower! You delivered it in that! My oh my, I loved your audition, I loved this, and I just already want to see more! You really do remind me of Tessanne, who went on to be the first winner of the Overs, awkwardly also mentored by Drake. You have the voice, the performance, the charisma and honestly I can see you taking this very far. You haven't had a wrong step as of yet. SEAT! SEAT!

Aili James:
Your voice is very very strong. You sing so naturally, it's like you don't even need to try when you sing! I'm so envious of Drake. He has such a strong category. I am scared of the overs because y'all are all so good. You better be chosen as one of Drake's top 6 moving to Judges Houses.

Drake:
I think you are having the issue that some of the other Overs are having, and that’s finding a true connection to the song, and singing it through the song and not singing the song through your voice if that makes sense. Like both times you performed you just sang it like it is while also trying to add your touch, but I think your focusing on making your vocals sound amazing than focusing truly on the song itself. If you look at the performances I praised even in this episode, you’ll see that I love a good raw and honest performance showing emotion and showing everything else. I just didn’t get that from this performance. This is going to be a tough decision because I know how much of a vocalist you are, it’s just do I want a vocalist or do I want a performer.

#JudgesVerdict
Drake: This is going to be a hard decision because I’m losing a strong contender either way, however I feel as though everyone in my chairs are better performers and gave me a better performance in this round than you did so I’m sorry Jennifer I’m keeping my chairs the same and sending you home.

Jennifer Hudson (chris2pei), you have been eliminated! Thank you for being a part of this season!

*Tommy throws shoes at Drake*
2028 days 15 hours ago
TommyD
So that's all for the #Over30s, let's take a look at who's in the seats:

#Over30s
01. Beyoncé (Rubes)
02. Eric Hutchinson (1001games)
03. Sam Bailey (ryan5676)
04. Karen Waldrup (Logie56)
05. P!nk (hazbez94)
06. Sharaya J (Ajathekween)

*claps*

But remember, 3 more final Overs are performing tomorrow so that could all change!

Now we move on to Nehemiah and his #Groups!

*spotlight on Nehemiah*
2028 days 15 hours ago
spinfur
*Drake catches the shoe and puts in on*
Thanks i needed a new pair of shoes for a while now
2028 days 15 hours ago
TommyD
10. The Chainsmokers "Something Just Like This" (aria_grande)

Tommy:
Um, what worries me is - did The Chainsmokers actually sing? Coldplay, you smashed it - but I'm unsure as to what was put in by you, unless I'm really missing the point. A good performance, but I'm not sure you deserve a spot in the Top 6 Groups.

Aili James:
Your vocals have improved a lot. I liked it a lot in this performance,definitely worthy of a seat. You have a good voice, and it sounds so cool listening to it. Keep it like this and you'll make it far. And you performed this very cool. No doubt Nehemiah should give you a seat and take you far. My only concern which I realised a bit late is that it was mainly Chris Martin singing so I don't know what Nehemiah is going to do now.

Drake:
This was an excellent performance by Dean Martin…. But sadly Dean Martin isn’t part of The Chainsmokers, he’s part of a popular band named Coldplay. Yeah you’re EDM music sounds very cool and all but um… where are you singing? Last time I checked this is a singing competition, and if you aren’t singing then why are you in this competition in the first place. You played some catchy beats but I wanted to hear some catchy lyrics coming from your mouths, not the mouth of someone from another band. This might have been fine for duet week (not really) but that is miles away from where we are at right now. We’re trying to determine the best of the best from the auditions, and honestly I don’t think this performance is chair worthy because we didn’t really heard you. If you have to rely on another artist to sing a song for you, than you shouldn’t be in this competition enough said.

Nehemiah:
Ok so here’s my thing, performance was A Okay....BUT guys you are the chainsmokers yet you do not sing or have a consistency. You have other singers come to your sing and sing the song for you while you make the beat. Just feels out of place really when it comes next to this competition. However I feel like the judges don’t mind it so I guess neither will I.

#JudgesVerdict
Nehemiah: yes, take a seat.

#Groups
01. Little Mix (Kgamer2218)
02. Low Cut Connie (1001games)
03. Mayday Parade (ghrocky100)
04. The Fugees (Rubes)
05. The Chainsmokers (aria_grande)

*claps*
2028 days 15 hours ago
Jameslu
The fuck.
Did Drake just send Jennifer Hudson home?
Okay I'm no longer worried about his overs anymore LOL.
Jokes there's some I'm still worried about but I am SHOOK @ JHUD not getting a seat.
2028 days 15 hours ago
TommyD
11. Boyce Avenue "Come On Get Higher" (Logie56)

Tommy:
I genuinely love you, I don't think this was KILLER, but you definitely deserve a spot in the Top 24 in my opinion. I love how smooth and honest you sound if that makes sense, I just believe every word you say and that's great - I want to see more and I hope Nehemiah allows that!

Aili James:
You guys are my favourite group. I definitely see y'all making lives. There's a song I want y'all to sing but at the same time I don't want y'all to sing it because it's soo good.  Nehemiah knows y'all deserve a seat. Your voice is so sweet and pure and i love it.

Drake:
I want to challenge you if you make it past this round, I want to see more of your band instead of just seeing Alejandro (the main singer’s name). This was a solid performance, was this the best? Not really however I really did enjoy this performance. I think your on the fence of karaoke and performing a song, and I just want you to jump off on the performing side instead of having to rely on the karaoke crutch. It was a nice performance, and nice breathe of fresh air, but I kinda wanna see more from you as we move on rounds and if you advance further into the competition. Make me completely shocked at what you have done, and show me that you have been listening to me and the judges, that’s a huge key in seeing what makes the winner of this series. But overall solid job, don’t mind if you get a chair or not.

Nehemiah:
I really didn’t Expect you to be here And yet you are and you did really good. Your voice is very melodic and fresh and just chill my thing is that people might be bored by how you say. I don’t want you to come off as bored so you have to prove to me that you don’t have a boring performances so if I give you a chair I need you to message me and let me know or you don’t have boring performances.

#JudgesVerdict
Nehemiah: Yes, take my final seat!

#Groups
04. The Fugees (Rubes)
06. Boyce Avenue (Logie56)

*claps*
2028 days 15 hours ago
Logie56
Tommy doesn’t understand Timothy’s full ability and that’s upsetting, wouldn’t know talent if it hit him in the face.
2028 days 15 hours ago
hazbez94
I adore JHUD but that performance wasn't actually that good... sorry
2028 days 15 hours ago
spinfur
I just didnt think she was ready, she's talented yes but look at my powerhouses that I have Beyonce and Sam Bailey espcially i didnt think she could compete with that at a level i saw them from their performces so far
2028 days 15 hours ago
aria_grande
I HAVE FUCKED UP SO MUCH
2028 days 14 hours ago
Jameslu
Logie56
Tommy doesn’t understand Timothy’s full ability and that’s upsetting, wouldn’t know talent if it hit him in the face.

Sorry what? I would have sent home Timothy too, it's not that he isn't good, just the others are better.
2028 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
12. Shinedown "Call Me Live From Kansas City" (smackdownisblue)

Tommy:
I honestly did not think you would do a good job, but you really did surprise me. You gave some great vocals and I think you might just be starting to get your groove! Good luck!

Aili James:
I don't know what to say about this performance. It was something....uh different. Not sure I would give you guys a seat. I felt the talking part just ruined the performance and it was too dragged and I just didn't like it. I'm sorry.

Drake:
The beginning part started very slow, and I was very iffy about it. However when you got to singing I just smile, as you really brought it and it was a very nice performance. I think you are one of the stronger groups, and I loved that you did it acoustic. This contrast very well against your audition which was very rock, and I still think this is rock however it’s acoustic and very different style of rock. If I were Neme I would give you a seat because I enjoyed this quite a bit and vocally you are very well trained. I want to challenge you guys to not make an acoustic a lasting thing though because the edge you have on your competition is your rock aspect, and sometimes that could get lost in acoustic versions of songs. Just some fair warning for the future but overall good job for this performance.

Nehemiah:
Wow wow wow, I legit almost forgot about you. I’m literally making it known in the judge that hears music and fucking digs it no matter if people don’t. And this was fucking bonkers. Your voice had that rich crispy tang and the performance wasn’t boring it captivated me. I wanted you to finish and that’s what I like in artist. You need to bring peoolenin and I feel like you did especially when you elevate your voice

#JudgesVerdict
Nehemiah: take that final seat bitch!!!!

NEHEMIAH, IT'S DECISION TIME... WHICH ACT WILL YOU BE SWAPPING OUT AND ELIMINATING IN FAVOUR OF SHINEDOWN?

Nehemiah: Switch: Okay so this is not gonna be pleasant. I feel like I’m a fun and different type of judge and mentor and I want my team to do the best and be the best and on this competition you have to appease people to prosper. I feel that though I get a certain group others may not get them. I’ve thought long and hard about it and if I was to take through someone me as a mentor can’t help that benefits themselves and myself to prosper week to week in live shows then I’m wasting both our time. I don’t want to do that. So unfortunately, The Fugees you guys do not need me to tell you how phenomenal you are but I am going to have to ask you to give up your seat.

The Fugees (Rubes), you have lost your seat and are eliminated. Thank you for being a part of this season and we hope to welcome you back soon!

#Groups
04. Shinedown (smackdownisblue)
06. Boyce Avenue (Logie56)

*claps*
2028 days 14 hours ago
Jameslu
spinfur
I just didnt think she was ready, she's talented yes but look at my powerhouses that I have Beyonce and Sam Bailey espcially i didnt think she could compete with that at a level i saw them from their performces so far

Oooh with that reasoning I get you. You already have two powerhouses, don't want too have too many.
2028 days 14 hours ago
spinfur
And my last three are Kelly Clarkson, Mariah Carey, and Ellie Goulding all three powerful voices

Like im going to have to make some tough sacrafices
2028 days 14 hours ago
Kgamer2218
Us after the foolery that has taken place this evening
https://media1.tenor.com/images/dd7c1cde0b961cc4b6cb841e52f315da/tenor.gif

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!