This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S6] Auditions (Day 4)

Topic » [S6] Auditions (Day 4)

2005 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
2005 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
After a Thanksgiving Break, we are back to continue the search for the next singing sensation! Tonight it is the penultimate auditions episode.

Please welcome your judges!

Tommy & Aili James!

Drake & Nehemiah!

Let the auditions continue!
2005 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
01. Why Don’t We "Trust Fund Baby" (carlyjordan14) #Groups

Tommy:
*stands and claps*
Guys, that has got to be hands down, one of the best group auditions I have seen to date! I loved your voices, I loved the super chill vibes and your harmonies were really good too. I don't think there was one of you that I did not like. Groups like you make me excited to hopefully mentor the groups once more! Way to go!

Aili James:
Daniel you are so cute omg. I love the way you perform, definitely my fave of the group. Y'alls harmonies are so good and y'all sound so good together. Definitely a group to watch out for.

Drake:
Damn y’all came out swinging, I did not expect those harmonies at the first few moments in the song. I have to say this is the best audition so far out of all the groups, and I’m really digging this audition. You have the connection, you have equal energy that matches the song, and you just blend together really well. I really have nothing negative to say about this performance because, maybe when you all sang the chorus together, I felt like some of the pitches were a bit iffy however I’m fine with it because you guys came out of the gate strong good job.

Nehemiah:
That was pretty smart how you started this performance off. You showed harmonies and then went off into solos and showed how organized all of you boys are. We always see boy bands trying to do their perception of what Boy Bands are but to be a good a band you have the chemistry but not only that you have to bounce off each other. And you literally all bounced off each other this was perfect.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Tommy: Congrats guys! We will be seeing you again!
2005 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
02. Troye Sivan "My, My, My" (chris2pei) #Boys

Tommy:
I'm not sure this audition best showed off your vocal ability as it was a little flat in places, but I like that you kept the energy going and to be honest, I kind of get what direction and lane that you fit in within a competition like this. There were elements of this I liked, and some I thought were not the best.

Aili James:
YES GET IT BOY! You are a performer. I enjoyed this performance a lot. My only concern is the boys category is very strong and soulful so I feel like you going to have work a bit harder. But I like the pop side to your voice.

Drake:
This performance sounded like you were very tired, like you weren’t even trying vocally to impress us. Nothing was really special in this audition, and you relied heavily on those backing vocals that kinda overtook you in the chorus. I’m not a big fan of this performance if I’m being completely honest, I’m supposed to see potential in artist, and I just see nothing in you. You had no energy and it just didn’t seem like you’re trying. I’m sorry Troye but this didn’t impress me.

Nehemiah:
Troye you have a presence about you that is captivating to see. However this was not the song to show that off I have to say. However it did showcase potential and that's what I see. Potential.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - NO
Nehemiah - YES

Aili James: You've got 3 YES votes, that' enough! We will be seeing you again soon!
2005 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
03. Sigrid "Strangers" (chris2pei) #Girls

Tommy:
In terms of an audition, that was good! I think you need some direction, but isn't that what this show is about and what we are here for? I thought on the first couple of verses you really showed your vocal off well and I really want to see more of that!

Aili James:
I found this audition a grasp of fresh air. It's so different and unique and you in your own lane. And I dig it. I like everything about you. Your voice, your tone, your everything.

Drake:
You have a unique voice, and I’m not really mad at it, it’s something I’m interested in hearing again. You have a softness in your voice that I don’t think anyone in this competition has. I will critique you on controlling your voice a little bit because I could hear you trying to force a note that wasn’t there for you vocally, also I will advise against a background singer because she sometimes overtook you, and she isn’t auditioning you are. However I see a huge amount of potential in you so solid audition way to go!.

Nehemiah:
Well hello Sigrid where have you been all my life. What I like about you is that your voice and you don't match but that whats make me like it even more. You are just so cute and perky while your voice is so raw and deep and such a beautiful tapestry of art. I want more from you.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Drake: Well done! You're through to the next stage!
2005 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
04. Jennifer Hudson "Hallelujah" (chris2pei) #Overs

Tommy:
*stands and claps*
Jennifer, that was beautiful! People tend to really oversing this song, but I felt like you had such tight control over it - you knew exactly how to get to them high notes and you did it well. I think I like this version better than the original if I'm honest. A great audition!

Aili James:
* throws everyones shoes * JENNIFER! YOU BETTER SANG! You delivered baby! This was absolutely wonderful. You have insane control. Definitely a front runner.

Drake:
For a song that seems to be overdone by artists, I think this was an interesting take on the song and a good one at that. You didn’t change it so much that it changed the song completely however you still made it your own which is a good thing. I will say I was really excited about this performance since I saw a lot of it coming, but you were able to still show your powerful voice and your control on the song I just think you need to put a little more of yourself into a song while also ditching the choir because you’re the one auditioning not the choir. Solid audition though way to go.

Nehemiah:
We definitely know that you can SANG Ms. Hudson. I do like that you took your own approach to the song. Really have no other words than wow.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Nehemiah: Jennifer, 4 Yes'! You're on the show! *claps*
2005 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
05. Harry Styles "Two Ghosts" (Tester) #Boys

Tommy:
At first glance, I thought I was not going to like this at all, but you really pleasantly surprised me. I felt like I heard every word and you weren't only singing, but you were telling a story and I think that's what makes a great artist! You deliver something so captivating and raw, and that's what I love. You've made what I thought would be a tough decision very easy!

Aili James:
* standing ovation * I really want more songs like this from you where I can hear the vulnerability in your voice. I loved this audition.

Drake:
You also sound a little bit tired, I would say you have a bit more energy than some of the previous auditions that sounded tired, however I still didn’t feel as though you didn’t give your all in this performance until you had that high part. Some of the notes sounded flat, and it got me bored easily.  You showed a little bit of something that I wanted to latch onto but it was so short that I couldn’t get on the train to want to send you to the next round I’m sorry.

Nehemiah:
I love the raw rock in your voice Harry. When you sing it really feels as if I can just sit back in a hammock and watch the sun set. There is something just new to you that makes me have faith in the career that you are embarking on. I'm eager to see what you can bring to the table.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - NO
Nehemiah - YES

Tommy: Harry, we can't wait to see you again! Well done!
2005 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
06. Sanni "Me ei olla enää me" (Tester) #Girls

Tommy:
I thought this performance was really interesting and special. You sung in your mother tongue and I still feel like I got you and that's powerful. It was not the greatest audition ever, but you have a shot to grow and I really hope the other judges give you that too.

Aili James:
This is very rare of me because I don't know what you're saying but I love your voice so much that I am pushing you through to the next round.

Drake:
I could tell you put a lot of yourself in this performance, and I could feel the emotion in your voice when you sing this song. I will say this seems like a very safe audition for someone of your vocal range however that’s fine because I completely enjoyed this. I would listen to this performance in the background, and I would jam out to it. Who cares if it’s a foreign language some judges need to learn to not judge it because it’s in a foreign language and judge based the vocal performance. Anyways this was a pretty good audition!

Nehemiah:
OMG I love the tone in your voice like I understand the other coaches may not like foreign singers which I feel is kinda racist cause everyone can sing. And I feel that you literally can sing and I want to see you go further.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Aili James: Way to go! See you at the next round!
2005 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
07. Katy Perry "Roar" (Tester) #Overs

Tommy:
This was pretty to look at, but unfortunately I don't think it was a good vocal, there were little moments, but I think overall your performance outshined your vocal and really took away from that. If you come back again, it would be really nice to hear just your voice.

Aili James:
Girl I can hear you ROAR! This wasn't your best vocal showcase. But the performance and delivery is what I liked about this.

Drake:
Very dramatic for an audition don’t you think? I have one really important question here and I’m honestly not trying to be shady but are you even singing? It sounded like you were speak singing because you were moving around so much and you were focusing on that rather than your vocal ability. I wasn’t really impressed by this, and it was just more of a show than an X Factor performance. I’m not really connected to this I’m sorry.

Nehemiah:
I do not think this was a very well showcasing of your vocals. I for one was not a fan and I don't know Katy I think you are more of a performer than an artist. Im looking for someone can manage both.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - NO
Aili James - YES
Drake - NO
Nehemiah - NO

Drake: I'm sorry Katy, please do come back next season!
2005 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
08. The Rasmus "In My Life" (Tester) #Groups

Tommy:
I actually enjoyed this and I know that might be a shock to some judges, but I thought you held your own right from the start of the competition. It's really hard to see where you would get to in the competition, but for right now - you did good I think and I appreciate that this is a genre not normally celebrated on a show like this.

Aili James:
I'm sorry but this didn't do it for me. It just wasn't the strongest vocals, couldn't hear for the most of it. Not a good vocal showcase.

Drake:
I could barely hear you like what were you saying? I think the background instruments clearly overpowered your voice, and honestly I don’t think you have great vocals anyways. It sounded very held back and I don’t really know how else to describe it? This isn’t a good audition, and I don’t know what else to say about it.

Nehemiah:
I love the rock that is coming this season. You guys have that star power for sure maybe next time sing into the mic a little more louder. I do think you guys got something however.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - NO
Drake - NO
Nehemiah - YES

Nehemiah: I'm  really sorry guys, you haven't made it on the show.
2005 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
09. Chris Blue "The Tracks of my Tears" (Rubes) #Boys

Tommy:
*claps*
I really really liked that! I thought it was absolutely beautiful the way that you sung that and I was completely transfixed throughout. You showed off a great vocal range and we need some more of you in this competition, pure talent! Well done!

Aili James:
OMG I think I may just want the boys now! You are so good! Those runs, gah! So gooooodd! Loved every bit of it. I am so interested in seeing how you perform throughout the season. This is a great audition so I expect to always be this good.

Drake:
That was honestly really beautiful, and I honestly enjoyed this performance. You are able to switch between your falsetto and your normal voice with ease, and you took full advantage of both which really amazed me. I think you are what we need in X Factor and I really hope you make it far because I want to hear more of that voice you have. Really well done audition Chris I hope I get to see more of you.

Nehemiah:
*Steals Aili James Shoe* *THROWS SHOE* THE SOUL IN YOUR VOICE!!!!! You have all the makings of an amazing R&B singer. This performance was phenomenal and that falsetto usage was perfectly timed and good. You didn't overuse it where it felt like useless.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Tommy: Beautiful! You're off to the next round!
2005 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
10. Brooke Simpson "Stone Cold" (Rubes) #Girls

Tommy:
*stands and claps*
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW! That was beautiful from start to end. You single handedly just made me really want to mentor the girls this season. I have no words other than INCREDIBLE!

Aili James:
* THROWS SHOES * * Starts tearing up and standing ovation * What more could I ask for Brooke? This was absolutely amazing! Your vocals are outta this world. Demi would be proud.

Drake:
So this is where the infamous shoe throw gif came from, and if I’m being completely honest I can see why. You have the range, you have the power, you have the rawness, you literally have everything all packed together in a well delivered performance. You hit every nail on it’s head with this performance and I’m just really happy with this performance. If someone says no to you I’ll throw a shoe to their fucking head I swear to god. Way to go Brooke this was amazing.

Nehemiah:
This is not an easy song and I do think that there was justice delivered in singing it. I think your voice is powerful enough to go toe to toe with some powerhouses we have got this season. I do want more originality if you can however. It felt a tad bit karaoke.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Aili James: Well done, you impressed us and you're off to the six-chair challenge!
2005 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
11. Beyoncé "If I were a Boy" (Rubes) #Overs

Tommy:
*claps*
Well done, a great audition! You have a really smooth and powerful voice and if I'm honest, the other contestants might want to be a little scared after hearing that. I think you lost it a little bit in the middle, went you went into the lower parts of the song, but you recovered well and I can't wait to see more of you. This might well be your season.

Aili James:
* THROWS MORE SHOES * GET IT QUEEN B! Slay me! This was EVERYTHING. The sass and attitude was everything. This song means so much and I believed every word. I liked the extra parts as well. Next time though I would like a more stripped down performance like how it was in the middle.

Drake:
Only Queen B can rewrite a Queen B song into something amazing and something just beautiful. From all the performances you have done on X Factor previously I will say this is probably one of the best you have done and I’m really proud of you because you finally give us what we want from our Queen B. You got the sass and attitude to win this competition, it’s just keeping it up from this point on. Way to go this was amazing.

Nehemiah:
First things first, performance was unnecessary. But nevertheless you still delivered the raw talent and vocals needed to wow me. A little advice don't overdo it, don't give performances that are extra to be extra. That isn't appealing cause you're doing too much and ruin the texture of the performance you're trying to give.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Drake: You're through to the next stage of the show! *claps*
2005 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
12. The Fugees "Killing Me Softly" (Rubes) #Groups

Tommy:
You know, I don't know how the other judges will view this, but I think it would be really nice to have some older groups in the competition, to mix it up a little. I think you would need some real guidance into what will come across well, but it's undeniable that something is there.

Aili James:
I like the raspyness in your voice. This song is one of my favourites and this was done very well. I'm interested to see what y'all do in the future. Hopefully more rasp!

Drake:
Giving me some funkish or hip hoppish vibes from this performance and I’m digging it, I can see you guys have the vocals, and you guys have the energy it’s just the matter of honing it to a point that’s ready for this competition. I think you guys have potential and I want to see more of you in the future rounds, I just want to be impressed even more than I already have so I can’t to see what you guys may have in store. Good solid audition, just trying to push it even more from this performance.

Nehemiah:
Lauryn Hill the queen that surprised the world by being able to both SING and RAP. I am not gonna lie I am shocked you guys auditioned. But I do think it was a good call because I think you can offer a sense of soul and swag to this competition. This was a pretty solid performance.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Nehemiah: You be through to the next stage! Well done!
2005 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
That's all we have time for on tonights show!

Join us tomorrow for the last auditions episode!

PLUS - The judges reveal which categories they will be mentoring this season along with the start of the SIX - CHAIR - CHALLENGE!

Goodnight!
2005 days 4 hours ago
Rubes
Yay all 4 through!

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!