This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S8] Auditions, Part 4

Topic » [S8] Auditions, Part 4

1922 days 1 hour ago
TommyD

Good evening and welcome to The X Factor Season Eight! *claps*

Tonight we see ten more acts take to the stage in hopes of delighting our four judges!

Tonight, Melinda could not make it so Chris will be stepping in for her. Each act needs at least 3 YES votes to make it through to the second stage.

Let the auditions continue...
1922 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
01. Sean Reeves "Every Breath Take You Take" (NicoleF)

Aili James:
*claps* wow you were so much better than I had expected! This was a good audition. There were some issues because I feel the way you sing isn’t particularly best for songs like this, I feel like you should go down the country lane because you have a good voice for that! But this was a good audition, and a risky song choice that worked!

Chris:
What a great way to start my judging these season. I must say that you give your best to owned that song so much and it pays off. The technicality was not great and not that bad though but I want you to polish that. I really like your version, and you got this charming voice that I want to see more.  Plus your cute and talented, I'm certain everyone will love you!

Drake:
Okay if I'm being honest I did not expect this voice coming out of your when you were speaking in the beginning. I'm not complaining because this was honestly so amazing. It was so simple but so powerful, I really have nothing negative to say because you were really bringing everything that I was looking for in a performance, I just could tell every emotion you were going through and you forced yourself in a good way to hit all those notes. This was 100% one of my favorite auditions so far so if you get no'ed out I will be severely disappointed because this was honestly so amazing good job Sean.

Tommy:
"*stands and claps*
This was brilliant! This was the realest audition I have seen probably in all 8 seasons of my time on here. It was just you and your guitar and you were really feeling what you were giving us and for me that was pure brilliance! Keep this up and I have no doubt you will deliver moving forward. Well done! *claps*"

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Chris - YES
Drake - YES
Tommy - YES

Sean Reeves makes it through to the next stage of the competition! *claps*
1922 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
02. Haley Reinhart "I Who Have Nothing" (NicoleF)

Aili James:
*stands and claps* MY GOD HALEY! I previously made a statement saying ABBA had one of the best auditions ever but now I have to give that title to you! Your voice is so strong and beautiful and I’m so glad you went with what Lady Gaga advises you to do because it really brought this performance a level up and damn girl!

Chris:
Singing that song is a big risk and I must say that props to you girl because you did an amazing job. You have this distinctive voice that I can loved or hate and I'm just so excited what are you more to offer.

Drake:
Okay I remember you from your audition last season, and remember how robbed you were when certain judges said No to you *cough*  Tommy *cough* but you really need a chance in this competition because I feel you have the soul and the power to really bring this competition on it's knees with your voice. This performance really proved it as you really brought the song as yours and you really brought the right amount of dramatics to always keep me interested to good job Haley, let's hope THIS time you get a chance at this competition.

Tommy:
*claps* This was so good! You really delivered! You shone through in this competition, you shone right through whilst performing this song. This is the level that people have to aim for in this competition this season.

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Chris - YES
Drake - YES
Tommy - YES

Haley Reinhart is through to the second stage of the competition! *claps*
1922 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
03. Christina Aguilera "Beautiful" (NicoleF)

Aili James:
*claps* Christina you got a great voice! It’s so strong and has great depth! I just wish you wouldn’t try to do your little ad-libs all the time! Like it gets so annoying and not as special when it’s done all the time! Other than that a great first audition!

Chris:
*standing ovation* You killed it girl! Wow! I'm just so impressed on the emotion you put in the song and you have a quality of voice which is so exceptional. Overall, this is just so flawless, you're definitely beautiful, and I loved the orchestra in the back. You really have a potential and just keep it up.

Drake:
I was honestly waiting for you the audition for this show because I know how powerful your voice and how emotional you can get. I do notice in the way you perform is that you go on these crazy runs, and I would like to hear a little bit less of that. However you bring emotion into every run so at least it doesn't effect it on an emotional level I just think you need less of the runs because it's just my personal taste, but overall a very solid audition and I can't wait to see what you're going to bring in the future.

Tommy:
I'm surprised it has taken you this long to get to us with a vocal like that. You have such an incredible range, full of variety and power! You will hands down go a long way in this competition if you pull performances like that out of the bag. This season is crazy, because you are already all so damn good and it's only the auditions!

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Chris - YES
Drake - YES
Tommy - YES

Congratulations Christina Aguilera! You are through to the second stage! *claps*
1922 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
04. Alex & Sierra "Gravity" (NicoleF)

Aili James:
*stands and claps* wow wow wow! You guys have such a wonderful and beautiful chemistry between y’all that seeing y’all singing together makes me smile because it’s so sweet! You both showed what great singers you are! And I definitely feel like no one outshined the other, but I must say, Sierra you’re a force to be reckoned with!

Chris:
*standing ovation* You both have a mesmerizing voice and you sang it in your heart which is blown me away. It is rare to have a group like you  and I just loved the chemistry  because it's really working and I want to see more of your performance. Great job!

Drake:
Another group I was really hoping to audition in this series, like I know how beautiful you guys sound together, and this is no exception. Sierra your first solo part was honestly beautiful and I could tell the emotion from you voice, and just this is just honestly one of my favorite performances of this song. Like I wish there was more of you two coming together because your harmonies are so amazing and you guys just work so well together I'm in honest awe with how powerful both of your voices is. I really hope you make live shows because you need to wow us and show that groups can dominate yet again.

Tommy:
I think your voices really compliment one another really well. I like your vocals separately and together, that's incredible. I don't recognise the song, but that made it even more lovely. A good job guys! How exciting to have a couple here!

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Chris - YES
Drake - YES
Tommy - YES

Alex & Sierra, you will be singing for us once again! Well done! *claps*
1922 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
05. 5 After Midnight "One Dance" (boozes)

Aili James:
*stands and dances along* yes boys yes! This was such a fun and energetic performance! You guys are great singers as well as great dancers and it brings such joy to me! The guy in the back on the left, wow just wow. You’re the real deal!

Chris:
So far this is the performance I'm amused a lot like you boys enjoying it and I just forget the technicalities of how great you are. You three did a superb job and really have a star potential so my decision won't be that difficult.

Drake:
As you guys started I was very hesitant about it however you guys brought the fun and you guys just started dancing which made me dance and honestly this was such a really good audition. There was things to work however the guy on the far left really shocked me with his voice and how high it got in that part which was really impressive. I also say that your guys harmonies were really amazing and left me completely shocked. I think the lead singer needs a little bit work however as a package you're serving me here on X Factor, I'm into everything you brought so honestly great audition and I hope to see you guys in the future.

Tommy:
I feel like I wanted to dislike this at first, but you really brought it. It was different, it was fresh and I would love to see more from you guys before you offer something different from the rest of the competition. I do think there is a lot of potential in you.

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Chris - YES
Drake - YES
Tommy - YES

5 After Midnight, well done boys! You are through to the next stage! *claps*
1922 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
06. Guster "Do You Love Me" (Royal1836)

Aili James:
*claps* now I enjoyed this performance a lot because of how much it made me want to dance along and sway! This was good and keep it up! The groups are so strong this year!

Chris:
Oh wow! This is the real music I'm looking for. There's a band with violinists which is blends together and the vocalists is just so pleasant in my ears. I'm really enjoying this performance and I do hope other judges too.

Drake:
God dammit Guster from the first note you were singing you got me moving in my seat. Well for good reason because in the beginning you were really giving me a nice upbeat emotion and your energy level was just right which really made me enjoy your performance. I think however the instruments kinda overpowered your voice a little bit, I also think the background singer also singed over you which tends to be a bad thing since I was to hear you voice more specifically and not of the background singer. Honestly though I see a lot of potential here and I feel you have a unique way of performing that not many auditions here had so hopefully you get sent into the next round because I enjoyed this a lot and I really want to see you.

Tommy:
This was good, I think you have a lot of work compared to other acts because everyone is so damn good, but you do remind me a little of The Wood Brothers las season and look what happened with them, semi finals and I still believe they could have gone further. You're intriguing!

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Chris - YES
Drake - YES
Tommy - YES

Another act makes it through, well done Guster! *claps*
1922 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
07. Amelia Lily "Piece of My Heat" (Craftycam10)

Aili James:
*stands and claps* this deserves a fucking standing ovation from everyone! Singing a Janis Joplin song makes my soul smile! Janis had something unique about and passed away too soon but left behind a legacy! And Amelia you are becoming a legend too! This was an incredible performance which showed off your voice perfectly! Great job! YES YES YES YES YES!

Chris:
*standing ovation*  Wow! I'm so impress how you owned that song and you really did an incredible job. Everything are just so perfect to me and very well executed. I think you really established yourself in a young age, you really can put difference in the girls category and I'm just so thrilled seeing you performing again and again. Well done!

Drake:
This was okay, it wasn't the best audition we had heard today but it was honestly decent and I do see potential. I think you picked this song because of how your voice can hit those notes and you didn't really bring the song into an emotional state where I could actually feel you connect to the song. Also those first few notes sounded a little pitchy for my tastes which can always be worked on. I do think you have potential though and perhaps since this was an audition you were holding back some of your better performances but overall solid job I guess it wasn't great but it wasn't bad either so there you go.

Tommy:
I love that you have the potential to recreate these old songs with such an new vibe vocal. I think you have to be weary of your song choice moving forward, just to make sure you're not fading into the background, but you know what - I enjoyed this! Well done!

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Chris - YES
Drake - YES
Tommy - YES

Amelia Lily, you will sing for us again! Well done! *claps*
1922 days 1 hour ago
Rubes
Herreeeee
1922 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
08. Conor Maynard "Only One" (Brandonh1)

Aili James:
Oooh I like! Conor you showed a more tender and softer side of your voice and it won me over! This was a great audition because you were able to convey so much emotion and sing with great vocals at the same time!

Chris:
It's my first time hearing a mash up song audition and I think you did an amazing job of it. Plus you have a voice that really catch us an attention and pleasant to my ears. You have a potential and I just can't wait you step up to your comfort zone and singing in the stage.

Drake:
Okay this performance felt a bit of boring however when you started getting into the mashup it started getting interesting and I started seeing you get into specifically when you were singing the Man In The Mirror section when you showed us your beautiful falsetto. I think if you had a higher energy or something a little more I think this would have launched itself into a really great audition however at the moment I think it's just a decent audition but did show up potential about who you are as an artist, and I like you took a risk here by doing a mash-up so good job Conor!

Tommy:
Conor, I loved this - you gave a complete spin on the song and I see a lot of potential in you. I would love to mentor you going forward! *claps*

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Chris - YES
Drake - YES
Tommy - YES

Conor Maynard - Congratulations! You are through to the next stage of the competition! *claps*
1922 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
09. Christina Grimmie “Anybody’s You” (Brandonh1)

Aili James:
Christina now I adore you. This performance wasn’t the best you could have done but it did show enough for me give you a shot. I liked the softer notes a lot, but at the same time I feel like you should do more powerful songs to portray that big voice you have!

Chris:
Wow! Hitting those high notes was so effortless and I really loved your voice plus your talented. I'm so enthusiastic seeing you performing again because you really have a potential.

Drake:
Ugh I'm still not over that certain event I'm not going to directly bring up, but this performance was so good. It was a mix of sexy and soul and I was really digging this performance. I think you are a beautiful singer, and as the song went on you were getting into the song and when you were just pushing yourself to get those notes it was just so amazing. You just need to stop being so good because I'm honestly in love and I really want to have the girls this season because there is just talent you that I know who has huge potential to win so honestly just really good job because I have nothing negative to say about you Christina, I can't wait to see more of you.

Tommy:
I think you have a lot of potential, I think you could have wow'd us a little bit more, but you really showed a great range of things that you could offer to this season and that is great to showcase at this point in the competition. Well done!

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Chris - YES
Drake - YES
Tommy - YES

Christina Grimmie, another act through! Well done! *claps*
1922 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
10. Calum Scott "Dancing On My Own" (Brandonh1)

Aili James:
*STANDING OVATION* WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW that’s all I gotta say!

Chris:
*standing ovation* Why everyone are just so great tonight?! I truly admired how you owned a bop song so much and give it a different twist. In addition you have a fascinating and great quality of voice. Everything are just so flawless and I think you can make far in this competition. Keep it up!!

Drake:
God this is the episode of auditioners that I really wanted to audition and here you are. This song is just honestly one of my favorites to sing and it's because of you since you sung this very beautifully. Like there was emotion, and like I honestly don't know how many times I listened to this performance prior to this audition because I love it so much. I don't know much of you other than this performance so I'm interested to see what else you bring and if it's on the same caliber as this performance but as for an audition you did a really good job here and you should be proud.

Tommy:
"*stands and claps*
This was absolutely stunning! This was everything I need. You know Drake and I were saying earlier that the talent this season is incredible, but if the talent is at a level 10.. This was a level 12 Calum. That's how good this was! I felt every moment, I want to see more! Well done!"

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Chris - YES
Drake - YES
Tommy - YES

Well done Calum Scott! You are through! *claps*
1922 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
There you have it, another episode of The X Factor 8 completed and the judges have added 10 more acts to the second stage of the competition! *claps*

This is already shaping up to be an incredible season!

#BecomeAJudge
- What's your favourite TV music competition and why?

Join us tomorrow for the fifth episode of The X Factor!

From all of us here, goodnight! *claps*
1922 days 1 hour ago
hellocat
- What's your favourite TV music competition and why?

Has to be the voice cause you can play along at home
1922 days 1 hour ago
Rubes
When’s the four episode?
1922 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
Rubes
When’s the four episode?

Tomorrow night!

It airs every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday for 2 weeks!

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!