This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council [Madagascar]

Topic » Final Tribal Council..

1934 days 14 hours ago
DavidM7
Hey everyone!

I know I'm not the most loved player and I've been told I have no shot to win but I know I played a game worth winning and I'm not just gonna sit by and accept defeat.

Any questions you have, I'll answer them and be as honest as possible. I'll do a quick overview of what I was doing in my game and let you know why I was such a bitch. I had reasons for everything and even if you dont vote me I hope you can respect my game for what it is.

Here goes nothing.

Coming into this game I knew I had to lay low so that really became my main goal for the entire pre-merge. There were so many big players that it made no sense for me to try and make myself known that early so I focused hard on my social game. I wanted to get as many shields as possible so I aligned with Patrick and Mud right off the bat.

Yes. I wasn't in control and nor will I ever say I was because most of the game I relied on the fact that I had bonds like with Kara and Qaz to help me find info and navigate the game better. My relationships are actually what got me the idol I held onto all game. Patrick shared the clue with me after he faked the idol play at the first tribal and I found it the next day. Then through Kara I was able to find out that she had an idol as well AND that Ryan probably had one too (granted jabbar had found it first but still). Dont get me wrong I'm not claiming to have had a bomb ass social game cause clearly that's not true but the people I was truly with really trusted me and provided very useful info throughout the game.

Most of the pre merge I really just did my best to not exist strategy wise so I could become a player when shit hit the fan BUT BOY OH BOY IT HIT FAST. I only went to tribal three times before the heroes and villains tribes formed and only one of them was actually intense. That one tribal, however, really shaped this villains tribe. It brought me, Qaz and Patrick super close and then naturally linked us to Ryan due to Patrick's connection. Unfortunafelt things didn't go my way. As I said, I wasn't in control but I kept up with Dana and Jabbar and Mud and Dylan despite voting in minority at the Ryan vote. Then I fell short again the following vote when Patrick left and it was now just me and Qaz. Thankfully I was not seen as a threat and there was really no reason to get rid of me. Not only that but I was seen as close to both sides and ended up as the swing.

This decision is what really set my game off. I knew I had to keep mud because Julian and I barely talked, I didn't trust LQ and mud was such a great shield to have around at the merge that I couldn't pass up the opportunity. My only problem was Jabbar and Dana. I knew I couldn't leak it because Dana JUST got a clue to our idol and Jabbar claimed he had one. I wanted to tell them both because I knew the consequences for not would be harsh but I couldn't risk it.

Obviously things blew up and my game was put on blast. This is really where things went downhill for me socially because I had two players who didn't like me one bit turning their entire side against me. Luckily as I said I had made myself useful to the point where my side didn't even want to get rid of me. I don't think it was me convoncing them at all or shit like that but just making known how I was a bad choice to leave and could prove useful later.

After surviving that I worked my ass off to repair relationships which is where I really felt like I went wrong. I think I came off as fake to most of you and probably annoying which backed me into a corner of being forced to only work with one side. Thankfully I was pretty tight with most the people on my side so it wasn't terrible but my options became limited.

I knew mud was a threat and REALLY tried my best to protect Will so I could make a move against him later (cause I thought Will was one of the few who didn't hate me on that side) but unfortunately Joey was an actual god that no one could get rid of and that really soured my plans. Once I realized I wasn't gonna be some puppet master, I focused on getting to the end and to the end with the people I wanted. I really wanted me, Qaz, Kara and Matt in the final four. I had grown close to all of them and felt as if they were the most loyal to me. I kinda realized at this point there was no way I was ever mending relationships with that other side and went back to making sure I was getting to finals one way or the other.

Mud leaving was great for me. I did think Dylan was the bigger threat so I wanted him out first but mud was my second option so I wasn't upset at all. Me and Kara had our idols and I was feeling very secure right now because I knew Dana wanted to flip and I felt good about my side. Obviously that panned out when Dana did flip and I felt even better. (did it with fireworks and wasted an idol imo because I was gonna play mine on Qaz but I was okay keeping mine lmao)

Unfortunately. That changed.

Probably my biggest error this whole game was not making the final three between me, Qaz, and Matt official. I didnt want it but Qaz did and there was a chance it stopped Matt from flipping. In my mind Matt wasnt on the bottom so I never really thought that he would flip but I didn't see it from the outside looking in with Masoala being there that he would think we'd be super tight. I almost lost Matt as an ally all together there and it was rough. Thankfully there were so many threats left that Matt really didnt have a choice. I bothed that relationship and I regret it more than anything because he was a vital player in my game.

The home stretch was pretty straight forward. The only thing I might have done differently is vote Dana instead of Will so Matt can win immunity but it was honestly such a shot in the dark because I felt I had a better shot against Dana over Will if one of them did HAVE to sit in finals

So yeah, I didn't play a perfect game and I lied a fuck ton but I was here and fighting for every damn second of it. I'm sorry if I left a bad taste in your mouth but this is survivor and I played the best I could. If you ask questions and read this and STILL dont think I deserve it then fine. But I ask you hear me out because I didn't come this far to be ignored. We're all fans of the game and I KNOW y'all know I fought like hell even if I did it in unconventional ways.

Thanks for reason if you did.
1934 days 14 hours ago
konohavillage1
Questions for Dana:

1) While you were originally cast as a pure villain, many people here feel as though they were not placed in their correct tribes to start with. So I find it hard to justify some of your more erratic gameplay with "well he's a villain so of course he wasn't always loyal!" Why should you be forgiven for that vs someone like Kara who is at least perceived to have always stuck to her core?

2) In this game, it seems like you've been blamed for quite a bit of wild things. From the Dan vote, to the attempt to say you gave Joey an idol, and also an attempt to say you flipped on Qaz and not Matt. I even believed you had voted me to leave for a while (which I was perfectly fine with as I was done with the game anyways). Why do you think you were so easy to pin untrustworthy actions on in this game?

3) Why was attempting to vote for David or Qaz in the early rounds such a bad move? In my opinion you had a good chance to make it here if the fan club stayed intact, and apparently it didn't ruin your connection with either of them.

I might ask more but thats plenty for now
1934 days 14 hours ago
DavidM7
And just now addressing the Masoala 4 because I feel there is different opinions from us within that four so here's this

I think Dana got VERY lucky that Matt flipped. I talked to Kara and Qaz and neither of them trusted Dana more than Matt and we all agreed Matt was an easier beat as well but Matt flipping REALLY bailed Dana out. I personally wanted Matt in over Dana and I would bet Qaz and Kara would say the same.

The Masoala four was not as tight as it may be presented
1934 days 14 hours ago
DavidM7
konohavillage1
General questions:

1) What was the hierarchy, in your opinion, of this alliance (Dana, David, Kara, and any other people who went to jury or didn't make it that far)? Who in that group would be your ideal final 3, and why?
Okay if you're talking about the late game allaince I personally saw it as this
I was never voting Kara out. Her and I shared everything and we helped each other so much in every situation.
Then Qaz was my second. He was one of the few I told about my idol because he and I become really tight. I know now he probably wins in the end but I really wamted a final three with him and Kara. Those two were easily my closest allies all game
Then Matt. I figured if I couldn't get QaZ AND Kara there, Matt was an easier beat than Dana. He and I also were pretty tight at one point so I knew I could trust him not to vote me as well
Finally, Dana. Honestly, if Dylan leaves instead of Qaz then we vote out Joey and Will then Dana. I could be wrong about this so you may wanna ask Kara and Qaz

2) You three are the last representatives of each of your original tribes, what common bond did you find across these divided tribes?
      I dont think our bond had to do with our original tribes. I mean Dana being a pure villain Definetly scared me a little but that's about it. I guess if I had to pick something it would be that we all seemed out of place on our tribes. Dana felt like he had more of a sound head than most of the PVs and Kara has a very villainous undertone while I honestly can play myself up as more of a pure villain at times. So probably just a misfit sort of bond was there.
1934 days 14 hours ago
konohavillage1
Questions for David:

1) There's a way to be against someone in a game. I started this game not liking Qaz at all but I'm leaving knowing I would've voted him in the end and not really minding him in the ponderosa chat. Why did you choose to be so overly nice, to the point that it came across as not genuine, about things like receiving votes and knowing people didn't trust you?

2) You not playing that idol on Qaz was something really great for you honestly. It soured Richard's likeability instantly with the jury at the time and also only made Qaz look good imo. That being said, if your game was to be such a low threat that no one would target you, why didn't you use that idol on an ally or pass it off? Specifically in regards to Mud (I don't believe you playing your idol on Mud would've made him look good, and it would go towards your strategy of using him as a shield)

3) Because you limited your game right before jury started, half of us have low or no opinion of you. And no matter how well you play, your jury has to be okay seeing you win. And again, I enjoyed you when you played my game, but I almost felt like I was talking to a robot here. Why should I vote you over people I've had fun conversations with?
1934 days 14 hours ago
konohavillage1
And one for Kara when she wakes up:

It seems like Richard would've potentially been in danger if he wasn't good in challenges. Would you agree with that? Or was Matt your choice to leave regardless?
1934 days 14 hours ago
DavidM7
OH THIS PROBABLY MEANS FUCK ALL TO YOU GUYS BUT I FIND THIS STORY HIALRIOUS SO IMMA TELL IT 馃槀

So at the tribal that Ethan left we all voted Joey. Obviously Dana had planned out this elaborate shit to get Ethan out so he warned Joey and got him to play an idol so Dana could play for Qaz qnd Ethan leaves. Simple.

Well I didn't know about this at tribal so my ads stood up to play for Qaz when I saw Dana stand too. I panicked because I saw Dana play for Qaz so I pretended I was about to play the same idol Dana was so people didn't think I actually had one. Then I played it next vote for Dylan.

Here is where this gets funny 馃槀

So I tell Kara and Qaz all about my fake idol thing I was doing to get suspicion off my ads and a few days later me and Kara are talking about her idol and I mention mine and she was so confused cause she thought I played my idol... MY TRICK WORKED ON SONEONE WHO KNEW THE TRICK 馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀

I'm sure none of you cared but I thought that was a funny story and wanted to share. Kara is hilarious at times 馃槤
1934 days 14 hours ago
TotsTrashy
I'm still in the process of answering your questions, Ken, but that's wrong David. I had no idea Joey was playing an idol. Both times he played an idol, he never told me he was. And neither did Dylan tell me about his at the Mud vote. Me voting for Ethan was on a whim that they would play an idol correctly (which they did) and only then I would idol Qaz.
1934 days 14 hours ago
TotsTrashy
Also, somewhere in my speech I talked about why I played the idol for Qaz instead of giving it to him in mails. It had a reasoning behind it. Although it may have pissed off a lot of people, it was a way to show Masoala that I would stick my neck out for them, even when they had their doubts about me.
1934 days 14 hours ago
konohavillage1
It didn't piss the jurors off (cant say the same for the people still in the game at the time), it just was a great look for Qaz (and turned around a lot of negative feelings towards him into respect for his game) and made you look a bit foolish.
1934 days 14 hours ago
DavidM7
konohavillage1
Questions for David:

1) There's a way to be against someone in a game. I started this game not liking Qaz at all but I'm leaving knowing I would've voted him in the end and not really minding him in the ponderosa chat. Why did you choose to be so overly nice, to the point that it came across as not genuine, about things like receiving votes and knowing people didn't trust you?

First, I was overly nice cause I was trying my best to mend fences. Obviously it didnt work at all and came off as very fake but I did my best to kinda repair the shit I lost. Honestly it was just an attempt at building bonds. Obviously not a gokd one but I tried. I also knew I have a tendency to be overly rude so I guess I conpensated too far in the oposite direction.

2) You not playing that idol on Qaz was something really great for you honestly. It soured Richard's likeability instantly with the jury at the time and also only made Qaz look good imo. That being said, if your game was to be such a low threat that no one would target you, why didn't you use that idol on an ally or pass it off? Specifically in regards to Mud (I don't believe you playing your idol on Mud would've made him look good, and it would go towards your strategy of using him as a shield)

Simple. I'm selfish.
This probably isnt the answer you want but I just simply didnt wanna play it for anyone but me, Qaz or Kara. As I mentioned my goal was to get my people to the end so I saw no benefit in playing for anyone else.
Even if I was willing to play for mud I wouldn't risk it. Dylan did that for Joey and instantly became a threat. I needed to get here and playing it for anyone else didn't seem smart to me. It may have been but I didnt see it.

It may have been smart to use it but I wanted it in the final 5 with me for security. Very selfish I know but it's the truth.

3) Because you limited your game right before jury started, half of us have low or no opinion of you. And no matter how well you play, your jury has to be okay seeing you win. And again, I enjoyed you when you played my game, but I almost felt like I was talking to a robot here. Why should I vote you over people I've had fun conversations with?

Honestly. You were talking to a robot.
I'm not gonna pretend I was genuine with people like you, LQ, Joey and even Jabbar. I had no real connection,to any of you and it was hard to form for me. I tried my best to be genuine but it just wasnt happening.

If You're wanting to vote for someone you had fun conversations with then I'm not your guy but you ahould vote me over them because I clearly had the effort. I didnt just say "oh well I guess that side voted me and now fuck them they dont exist" I worked my ass off to at least SEEM genuine and maybe that would turn into a real relationship and it had to start somewhere. Yeah it never panned out with anyone and I probably just seemed ultra fake but I gave it my all and adapted my strategy when it didnt work.

I was genuine with some people though like Kara, and Qaz and Matt. I just couldn't seem to build any real relationships with other people. My game was certainly not about my great social abilities
1934 days 14 hours ago
konohavillage1
Especially now that we know that David was also going to idol Qaz, and you potentially needed that idol at final 6 or 5.
1934 days 14 hours ago
DavidM7
I still stand by my statement that Dana was bailed out by Matt flipping. I think the idol on Qaz put Dana on the bottom of both sides but Matt changed that up a bit.
1934 days 14 hours ago
DavidM7
================================
                         IMPOTANT
================================

I will be at basketball til 5 tomorrow. Might be on some before school but most will wait til after 5.
1934 days 14 hours ago
konohavillage1
This has nothing to do with the game but are you tall?

open group

M&N's Survivor (2016-2020)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!