This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 1: Judging and Results

Topic » Round 1: Judging and Results

3071 days 21 hours ago
dogcalledzak
In 20 minutes - the judging, results and a little announcement!
3071 days 21 hours ago
dogcalledzak
4 minutes to go.
3071 days 20 hours ago
dogcalledzak
(post when here)
3071 days 20 hours ago
XtremeNerd
hello, cant stay for long
3071 days 20 hours ago
Jkjkjk15
Here
3071 days 20 hours ago
dogcalledzak
Lets begin
3071 days 20 hours ago
Thirteen
Yes, let's.
3071 days 20 hours ago
dogcalledzak
13 writers! 13 stories! Tonight - 2 must leave and 13 WILL become 11.

This is the first round - and now the competition is about to get tough! The writing world is brutal - so is this game.

This is - The Ultimate Writing Competition!!!
3071 days 20 hours ago
xxThornWYZ
Ooh...
3071 days 20 hours ago
dogcalledzak
Before we start announcing the judging: a few rules.

1. Please don't be offended. Writing and reading is a personal thing and this is just a bit of fun. I have been as honest as possible and whoever goes - know it's nothing personal and does not mean you are a bad writer.

2. The person with the lowest score will automatically leave.

3. Then the next two lowest will battle it out in a boardroom style.

Good luck
3071 days 20 hours ago
Jkjkjk15
Good luck everyone
3071 days 20 hours ago
xxThornWYZ
I hope I'm not eliminated...
3071 days 20 hours ago
Thirteen
I am ready.
3071 days 20 hours ago
dogcalledzak
Judging in the order than stories were posted:

Starting with -

- Thirteen -

Creativeness: 6/10 - The twist was creative and clever - even if it left me a little confused. My main factor is the dialog didn’t feel real. It never felt like two real people were having a conversation. It felt a little forced. This made the dialog a little slow to read and feel very bland. More exciting dialog would have pushed this score up.

Understandable:  6/10 - I understand not everything has to be explained and this piece of fiction is for the reader to make their own interpretation about the story. Just, I think a little more needed to be explained. Was the boy a blessing - was it her imagination? This is personal taste - and I do try and not let my personal taste get in the way of my judging - but with this piece of writing it’s very hard not to. I hope you understand the points I have made - and I know others would have loved the open ending.

The Story: 6/10 - I liked this, I just didn’t love it. With a subject like this I should feel connected to the characters but I never did. I understand there aren’t many words to work with, with such a low limit - but I still should have felt something. The twists were nice and unexpected - but my main concern was the forcedness of the dialogue. It seemed a bit stilted in places. 

Overall: 4/10 -  I’m sorry but you broke the rules. I’m sorry - this score would have been a 6 - but your character leaves the room and goes into the kitchen. This is a clear break of the rules and for that reason, I’ve had to deduct points. You’re a good writer with lots of potential - and I hope you make it through this round as I know you have a lot of talent to give.

Thirteen = 22/40
3071 days 20 hours ago
Thirteen
55%. That would be an F if it were a test. Oh no.
3071 days 20 hours ago
Jkjkjk15
If Thirteen got scored that low, I feel like I'm screwed. Shit xD

open group

The Ultimate Writing Competition: S1

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!