This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 12: The Grand Finale

Topic » Round 12: The Grand Finale

369 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
369 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
Nate... Ray...

It all ends here. I want to start by thanking both of you and the entire cast for making this season a really great & fun way to host!

Both of you were extremely great competitors and had a chokehold on the the highs of the chart for the vast majority of this season. Both of you played extremely well and I could have seen either of you win this season. Whatever the result, you both have made a name for yourselves as JUSCC Legends and I hope I get to see both of you play again in the future.

With that being said, let's get to the results.
369 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
Theme 1: A Song About Winning
369 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
Nate:

Jaxon- LOL just looking at this thumbnail, I knew the camp would be oozing out of this song. That is easily my favorite thing about this song. I will admit, I was hoping for more My Crown vibes over the super bubblegum vibe the song had. Regardless, I think this was a fun bop that I will have fun playing in the car. Will the campy hyperpop outdo appraoch outdo the tamed serious one?

Krystal- I really really like this song, like not my favorite song I’ve heard by LIZ but it was my introduction to her and it’s so so so good. I love like that bubblegum pop that’s so Barbie it’s obnoxious. And yeah, this is the only time I’ll allow the baby voice she’s doing because… well… it feels subversive. Does a psychological analysis of the song, etc. Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/vsj1j56.gif

Deme- Ohh my god. Ohhh my god. I was literally listening to this like... yesterday? What a bop? It's so fun, I don't even care. 10/10 song. LIZ kinda deserves to rule the world after this one, I think... 🥰

Josh- Oh you know what this gives me? Sharpay Evans vibe and like… isn’t that the same thing as just winning? This song is so fun and infectious. Also the lead up to the chorus and the chorus itself kind of gives me some Britney vibes? I’ve heard this before for sure but like I don’t know why she isn’t a recurring song on any of my playlists its just so fun.
369 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
Ray:

Jaxon- I’ll be honest, I wasn’t expecting to like this one. By first appearance, I thought it would be a snooze fest- but I like this one. Her voice is really nice to listen to, it sounds very clean and polished which is something I like. The beat was uplifting and gave that winning vibe. It wasn’t a perfect submission, but a good one. Will the tamer serious approach outdo the campy hyperpop?

Krystal- Hi Phoebe. Ohhhh right I remember this song. There’s a way better cover version of this out there. This version suffers from a bit of a dragging sound to it. And it’s just like a little agonizingly slow. It’s really cute and fun, but I think it’s almost a bit too cutesy and soft for me.

Deme- Kind of obsessed with the intro for this one. I like her! Her voice is cute Also her hair, but I guess that's not relevant... 👉👈... anyways, she's a cute song! I like the bit right before the chorus. 🥰

Josh- Uhm so yeah I total get it. Not the strongest song for the finale for sure but like its cute for sure. I don’t have to much to say for her but just that imo lets hope this is the weak point of your finale songs and the rest are killer!
369 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
Theme 2: Favorite Previous Performance
369 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
Ray:

Jaxon- As I mentioned last time we heard this, you can hardly never go wrong with pop rock with this panel of judges- we all like it! My commentary remains the same, I do think this is a strong choice. I always love to go through and look back myself and see what I would have considered, and honestly both you and Nate had such a consistent and strong season- it’s hard to choose, but here are a select few… till you hate me, HUSH, Lose Lose, Lego Blocks, and this song all could have been good options for me.

Krystal- I know this song usually takes a bit for me to get into it, but I can appreciate the vocals leading up to it regardless. I like the sheer emotion in it. And like… there’s just something of motion to this that is well-captured. Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/vsj1j56.gif

Deme- Ohhh, I really love the instrumental for this one, I do. And the vocals? 🥰

Josh- This song is still fresh on my mind and was just as good the 2nd time around. I think you kind of excelled the most this season in terms of when you were in the losing team you were successfully strategic about how you voted to ensure yourself and those who you wanted to stick around would stay in the game. I think you were one of the only ones who clocked onto the elimination decision method as well so kudos for that. Its been a really fun season with you and you’ve helped make this one of the best seasons yet with your song submissions and your presence.
369 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
Nate:

Jaxon- You’re right… you never did commentary for this song did you. I absolutely ADORE Emeline. This was almost a shoo in for me when I saw it the first time. I always love to go through and look back myself and see what I would have considered, and honestly both you and Ray had such a consistent and strong season- it’s hard to choose, but here are a select few… The End, Godly Behavior, GODDESS, Supernova and Feelings all could have been good options for me.

Krystal- I’m such a good judge because apparently I gave this #1 and I don’t remember it. But like it’s really fun and it does in fact hit the spot. The voice is nice and smooth. And I’m starting to remember it with the chorus. It’s just good fun.

Deme- God, this song still goes off... she's so good? She's so good. 🥰

Josh- Oh I love me some Emeline. Was it me who suggested that we don’t do comments that week? Oop yes so yay I get to talk briefly about this song but I’ll also talk about your performance overall. This was a very weak week imo and this song was the clear stand out winner from all the submissions for that theme so it excelled. Honestly though.. is it my favorite of your submissions all season? No. You’ve always done well though throughout this whole season and I said from early on you’d be the one to watch out for. I think no matter what happens you’ve made a name for yourself and will be a staple moving forward in the JUSCCCU (Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice Competition Cinematic Universe).
369 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
Theme 3: Winners Single
369 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
Nate:

Jaxon- This thumbnail screams iconic too me, a great first impression! This beat is intoxicating in such a good way- it’s harsh but not too harsh, just edgy enough for me. She is radiating bad bitch energy to me, and I absolutely love it. Her vocals here may not be technically the most impressive, but her voice sounds great and it fits for this song and the vibe it has. A really solid choice to end your season with… best of luck Nate!

Krystal- This has a really nice, bouncy beat to it that’s sort of hypnotizing, as I fully started spacing out to it. Like in a good way! It’s just really like the voice and the instrumentals mesh so well. There’s also a bit of an edge to her voice sometimes. I like it. Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/vsj1j56.gif

Deme- Oh oh oh this intro? Okay? Okay? I'm kind of obsessed?? This is just... such a vibe, honestly. The vocals are so good, too. And the instrumental... 🥰...

Josh- Honestly I really liked this song. Was a bit short like I definitely could of used another minute of his but like that being said if I’m wanting more clearly I’m enjoying what I’m getting in the two and a half minutes of the song we do get.
369 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
Ray:

Jaxon- OMG I know Glades, and honestly, I really like them? The song of theirs I know and like may be a bit niche from what overs have told me they feel about it- but I’m excited to hear more of their sound! I really like this, and I can definitely the decision is not easy between the two after hearing them both. The upbeat sound of the song is really refreshing to listen to, and doesn’t crawl over into the cheesy category where songs like this potentially can. Her vocals were very strong, and overall I really enjoyed this song. Best of luck Ray!

Krystal- I do think this sound is a little bit like… unusual in a good way. It’s got some strong vocals and it’s got a pretty good instrumental. It has some good cohesion in places, others it’s a little bit like the instrumental doesn’t perfectly fit but I kind of like that. I’m really close between these two songs… like they’re both really good.

Deme- Ooh, I do like the instrumental here, I do...! The chorus goes off, too, honestly. 🥰

Josh- Oh I love the bassline in this song and there is this like funky like.. synth? Maybe? That I’m really liking in her too. I think in terms of like songs that are unique and really underground in terms of popularity this one is super good. Maybe one of my favorite underground songs I’ve heard since week 1 of Masked 2?
369 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
With the commentary all posted, the only thing left to do is announce the results.

Nate, Ray... it all comes down to this.
369 days 13 hours ago
nateclove
*hold's ray's hand*
369 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
Nate... Ray...

Please stand before your respective doors.

The chef whose door opens will become the winner of JUSCC S11: Hell's Stadium.

On the count of three...
https://vimeo.com/822521312?share=copy
369 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 1st we have... Nate!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Theme 1: You have ranked first in this category.

Theme 2: You have ranked second in this category.

Theme 3: You have ranked first in this category.

Your combined placements of 1st, 2nd, & 1st gave you an overall average of 1.33. This ranked you FIRST overall this round, which means... congratulations, you are the winner of JUSCC S11: Hell's Stadium!
369 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means, in 2nd... Ray!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Theme 1: You have ranked second in this category.

Theme 2: You have ranked first in this category.

Theme 3: You have ranked second in this category.

Your combined placements of 2nd, 1st, & 2nd gave you an overall average of 1.66. This ranked you SECOND overall this round, and First Runner-Up of the season.

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!