This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 7: Results Show

Topic » Round 7: Results Show

384 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
384 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
First up... Battle of the Yasmin songs!
384 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Kemi posted... Pasadena by Tinashe & Buddy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Krystal- I do really like the chill vibes to this song, and Tinashe does have a really pretty voice. Like it really just has a fun vibe to it. I’m… not so sure on Buddy, though. Like he has an okay voice. Kind of soft which isn’t bad. But it’s not for me so much. I’d prefer this Tinashe solo. That does take away a bit for me. *3/8*

Deme- This song's cuuute. It gives vibes. I liked the do do do do do bit. Oh. There's... Buddy? ...I liked her part better. 👉👈*6/8*

Jaxon- Tinashe came to serve she did, I love her voice sm. I’ll be honest, I wasn’t really feeling the rap feature in this song, it kinda took me out of it. Other than that, the beat was very catchy, her vocals were great, the pacing felt really right. Overall, I enjoyed it. *7/8*

Josh- It def has a glamorous feel and vibe. Too much Buddy imo. Could've been a solo song. She is fun and alright. Certainly seems to fit the vibe. *6/8*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 5.5. This ranked you SIXTH overall this round.
384 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Anthony posted... Diamonds are Forever by Sabrina Carpenter
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Josh- This nails the glamorous and beauty vibe of Yasmin. The song is good but pretty simple at the same time. It feels like a song that was made just to be featured in a commercial so there isn't much substance in it. *5/8*

Krystal- This seems to be a similar sound to what I just heard from the Jade song for Sabrina Carpenter, but I’m not sure I’m feeling it as much. Like I do think this is giving Yasmin, and I really love the use of diamonds are forever because… well… I’m a Forever Diamondz PS2 girl. So I did appreciate that and you’re so funny! But like… I think this just kinda dragged on for me and she was giving Lana Del Ray (that spelling’s for Turcia) on her fifth cigarette of the evening.

Deme- Love Sabrina Carpenter... but I also love the other Sabrina Carpenter song submitted more this week. Shrugs. I like the way she says diiiamond and tiiiiimeless in the chorus. *8/8*

Jaxon- I enjoyed this one tbh. IDK maybe Spotify just recommends me her worst songs bc this is the second sabrina song I enjoyed this season. I do feel the verses were head and shoulders stronger then the chorus, but the chorus wasn’t bad by any means. Maybe a bit repetitive? Idk what it is, something about them kinda held me back. All in all, I liked this song good pick! *5/8*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 6.5. This ranked you SEVENTH overall this round.
384 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means the first point goes to the BLUE team.

Blue- 1
Red- 0
384 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Next the Battle of the Cloe's!
384 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Nate posted... REM (No Sleep) by HYRA
Deme- Okay, wow, love love love the vocals here. Go off? This is so good? *1/8*

Jaxon- Okay? This was a fun bop. The production on this song was really good, I enjoyed her vocals, and she was kinda just a vibe. My only complaint would be the electronic cut offs, they were kinda meh for me. Other than that, a really solid submission! I enjoyed this song overall for the most part. *6/8*

Josh- Oh I know miss Hyra but I've never heard this one. This song definitely feels like it fits the vibe of flirty, energetic, and imaginative. It was super fun and something I see myself just vibing to.  *2/8*

Krystal- I think I really liked a HYRA song, like a ton. Her voice is super bubbly and cute which I like. And this song is definitely giving boy crazy, which Cloe was. Like… girl, relax, your boys are made of plastic. It’s not that big a deal. But this song is really, really dreamy and fun and it really gives Cloe to me! Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/vsj1j56.gif *1/8*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2.5. This ranked you SECOND overall this round.
384 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Ray posted... Library Card by J. Maya
Jaxon- This song sounds vaguely familiar, like it’s been in my Spotify suggested before and I skipped it after like 20 seconds. Her voice sounded really nice at the start, but I did have a fear the whole song would be that tempo… and then the chorus hit and I was kinda gagged. TBH, this song kinda just had like a very complete feel to it, I wouldn’t take anything away I wouldn’t add anything to it. I enjoyed this one. *2/8*

Josh- I feel like she def highlights the imaginative part of her personality and maybe a bit clumsy in life. This felt fine to me. Very motr *7/8*

Deme- ...Do you have to buy library cards? Is that a thing? Anyways, vocals are gorgeous. The song's just not my vibe, I don't think- oh. Just kidding. There's the chorus. I like this better, yeah! *7/8*

Krystal- Oh my god, Cloe at the library? JK, blonde jokes are lame. Study up, girl. Wait please you can tell she’s never been to the library because she thinks a library card costs money to open. I really, really like when the chorus hits, like it picks up real good and it’s fun and I just enjoy the energy to that part a LOT. I just think the rest could be more for me. *5/8*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 5.25. This ranked you FIFTH overall this round.
384 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means the second point goes to the BLUE team.

Blue- 2
Red- 0
384 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Third is the Battle of the Jade's!
384 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Noelle posted... Looking At Me by Sabrina Carpenter
Josh- Oh the confidence shines through in this song that fits Jade so well. The trendsetter that everyone is looking at because she stuns and steals the show. *1/8*

Deme- Love the instrumental. Love Sabrina's vocals. Super fun song, definitely fits, go off? *3/8*

Jaxon- Kinda another Sabrina banger? IDK. Maybe she is someone I need to actually look into now because kinda 3/3. The montone vocals over the really upbeat music in the chorus, it just kinda WORKED for me. Good pick, I don’t really have any complaints about this song here. *3/8*

Krystal- This song has a really, really fun voice to it, and it’s not what I’d expect from Sabrina Carpenter, but it’s very, very Jade! It’s giving a bit of a silly, campy instrumental, and the song’s voice has a bounce to it at times and other times it just sits nice and low and it really contrasts in a way that holds me! *2/8*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2.25. This ranked you FIRST overall this round.
384 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Kevin posted... Silk Chiffon by MUNA ft. Phoebe Bridgers
Deme- Pretty vocals, I'll give it that. Also very gay! And very cute. I'm just kinda... shrugs? Shrugs so much. I don't know. I think I like the Phoebe Bridgers part more, but I'm not even sure. *4/8*

Jaxon- Honestly, you should of posted this for Showstealer week, because Phoebe absolutely chewed up and spit out MUNA in this song. Maybe I’m just biased- after multiple songs from MUNA in this competition, I feel they just aren’t for me? The song was a bit slow but never really had that build up or standout moment in it for me. It wasn’t bad, just kinda average. I enjoyed miss phoebes solo the most in the second verse, I enjoyed her a lot. The rest was just kinda average. *8/8*

Josh- She def fits the vibe of the quirky girl. Can't say it's for me or something I would seek but in the moment in time it's fine. *8/8*

Krystal- As a fun fact, I thought Jaxon recommended me a MUNA song once but it turned out I was just dreaming and he didn’t know who MUNA even was. Now I can finally listen to MUNA. I think this song is okay, like it’s very indie music and it’s got a solid enough beat but like… she’s a bit shrill and the instrumental feels a bit too loud and overall, it’s a bit overwhelming. Maybe she should’ve stayed in my dreams… 😔 I do like Phoebe Bridgers in it a LOT more though. Like her voice was fun. *7/8*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 6.75. This ranked you EIGHTH overall this round.
384 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means the third point goes to the BLUE team.

Blue- 3
Red- 0
384 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
While the winning and losing team is determined, let's finish it out with the Battle of the Sasha's!
384 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Juniper posted... People I Don’t Like by UPSAHL
Jaxon- So, idrk how many panel feels on UPSAHL, but I have my stan card for this icon. Fun Fact: I’m seeing her in concert in like a month and I can’t wait <3. This song? Kinda an easy top 3 song of hers for me, I just relate to it??? IDK bestie, you kinda ate me up here picking this. I love the style of the song, the lyrics are iconic, it just has that vibe I look for. Like I said, I don’t know how the others feel on her, but this will be a very hard beat for my ranks. *1/8*

Josh- Oh I'm def getting the anger of Sasha, the no fear of confrontation. Just calling out everyone for being fake including herself. I think this is one of your best submissions of the season imo. *3/8*

Krystal- I’ve heard this song before. It’s solid enough, like I do enjoy the instrumental and her vocals. But I do expect it to pick up further, and it doesn’t really. It does really give Sasha, though. Like it’s pretty fun and it’s not bad at all. And I like how bored she is. I relate. *6/8*

Deme- This song's cute. I have her on my Spotify likes. Love the instrumental, love the vocals, love the ah ah ah ah bit... yeah! *2/8*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3. This ranked you THIRD overall this round.
384 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Turcia posted... Dead To Me by Kali Uchis
Krystal- Oh, oh, I like her bird noises with the video game instruments! Her singing voice is kind of awful. I love it!!! Like she’s soooo whiny and annoying at points. I really dig it. Her voice getting high is both grating and appealing. This entire song is full of discordant, messy stuff that doesn’t mesh, and I love how it all just falls together like a hot mess. *4/8*

Deme- This is some kind of intro. Woo-oo-oo-oo. I wasn't really into this until we got to the actual "dead to me" part, but like... no, the chorus really goes off? *5/8*

Jaxon- The melody in this song was soy good bestie. Her voice was super nice and clean sounding with some seduction in there, I quite enjoyed it. The lyrics were kinda iconic tbh, this song was just kinda a serve. The only complaint I’d have is maybe the last chorus drug on a bit and was kinda repetitive. Other than that, I kinda stan! *4/8*

Josh- Based on the description of Sasha this feels very her. She was mildly inconvenienced by someone and she snapped and now they are dead to her. The song itself could feel like it's adding a big more of that heat and anger in the tune but it's a fun take on it. *4/8*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 4.25. This ranked you FOURTH overall this round.

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!