This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 2: Results Show

Topic » Round 2: Results Show

405 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
405 days ago
Jaxon
In 4th we have... Juniper with Supernova by Kylie Minogue
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Deme- Oh wow, this is an opening. This is honestly just... a bop? It's so fun to listen to, and whatever the hell is going on with the background vocals? Yeah. Love that. And the lyrics...? šŸ„° *4/13*

Jaxon- I really liked the chorus in this song, and I think Kylie has a really pretty voice. This disco beat was just all encompassing which was a really fun component to listen to. The only complaint I have with this one is the robot voice vocals, they didnā€™t really do it for me here- though I can appreciate how it meshed with the song and made sense musically. *6/13*

Josh- I mean this is from Kylies album ā€œdiscoā€ so you could of picked nearly any song and it would of worked for this round lol. Supernova is really good though. I need to do a deeper dive on it because iā€™ve only listened to a few songs off it tbh. *7/13*

Krystal- Oh yeah doesnā€™t Kylie Minogue have a whole disco era of music? To be honest, I didnā€™t super love it when I heard some of it before. But this song has a fun electronic turn to the disco that I really like, and her vocals are pretty strong and upbeat and the type of whiny I do like. I still prefer her older music, though. *5/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 5.5. You ranked FOURTH overall this round.
405 days ago
Jaxon
In 5th we have... Adam with L.O.V.E by BoA
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Deme- Okay stop. This intro immediately has me like... wait, I love this? This is so fun? I'm kind of obsessed... she does give disco. And the vocals??????? *1/13*

Krystal- I really like the instrumental and the backing vocals, but her voice specifically feels like it has just a bit too much whine at times for my tastes. Overall, though, I do really like the way everything sounds together. It just feels bouncy and fun. *7/13*

Jaxon- I know my besties on the panel love them some Kpop, and while it isnā€™t my favorite genre out there, I think this song kind of molded it with Disco in a way that was palatable to me. Her voice was really nice and it didnā€™t have that ā€˜hyperā€™ component to it that I canā€™t stand about the genre. I wouldnā€™t say it is a standout song for me, but I think it could have ranked better in a lineup that wasnā€™t as strong- which says a lot taking into consideration my typical feelings/rankings for the genre. *10/13*

Josh- Oh this one had this really funk vibe I enjoyed. I donā€™t really have many notes, it was really just an enjoyable song and I can see myself really getting down to this in the future. Will def be revisiting. *6/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 6. This ranked you FIFTH overall this round.
405 days ago
Jaxon
In 6th we have... Anthony with Joan of Arc on the Dancefloor by Aly & AJ
Jaxon- Oh, I love me some Aly & AJ. I really liked the touch of autotune on the vocals in the verses of this song, I think it had just that touch of electronic that didnā€™t feel super overbearing that meshed well with the beat. The chanting in the chorus I have a love hate relationship with because earlier in the song it felt off, but it starting growing on me towards the end. This isnā€™t my favorite Aly & AJ song, but it isnā€™t a bad one by any means. *3/13*

Josh- I know we have a cast of new players so they wont know as much of JUSCC lore as others might but I feel like I always get caught ranking every Aly & AJ song lower and I always want the next one we receive to be better so I can rebuke this narrative of me hating them. That being said this week is so strong I like this song but like do I like it more than all the other ones? Iā€™m not sure, we will see. *9/13*

Krystal- I remember seeing this Aly & AJ song, but I have no memory of listening to it. So far, though, their voices are likeā€¦ really quiet. The instrumental is definitely the highlight of the song. I donā€™t know about the vocals for me. Like theyā€™re solid, certainly, butā€¦ it still feels like theyā€™re a bit too synthā€™d and quiet. Itā€™s like the song doesnā€™t ever lift up. *9/13*

Deme- I was sooo excited to see Aly & AJ here, so let's see if the song holds up! The vocals go off, obviously, and I do like the instrumental. Not my favourite of the week, but like... no, she's a bop. *6/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 6.75. This ranked you SIXTH overall this round.
405 days ago
Jaxon
In 7th we have... Kevin with Lost & Found by LOUā€™ANA
Krystal- I really like this instrumental already. Like this is the type of song thatā€™d really catch my attention. And her voice really gives me this like wispy sort of goodness that I like a lot. Sheā€™s kind of raw vocally and Iā€™m just really thinking our music tastes are more aligned than I realized because like this fucks pretty severely. I just really think this is what I want to hear from modern disco. I do wish the instrumental was a little louder at times as my only complaint, but it might overpower her voice if it was, soā€¦ shrugs sm. *2/13*

Deme- Oh wow, I looove the instrumental for this one. Her voice is super pretty, too. Something about this song just... wasn't vibing with me originally, but the more I listen to it, the more I like it? So like... go off! *10/13*

Josh- Oh I love the rhythm of this. I feel like my main problem may be the singers vocals? She doesnā€™t seem like the strongest singer or maybe there is just a trait and quality I donā€™t really enjoy fully. She seems a bit to airy and breathy in her voice? Like I want to love it but then she keeps singing and it takes me out idk. Like I said the instrumental by itself is a slay. *10/13*

Jaxon- Starting in with those ooos were so good. She was an absolute star when singing these verses of this song, her voice really shined in them and I really enjoyed when she would string the notes out a bit longer. The chorus I felt was a bit harsh and was an easy lowpoint of the song for me. On one hand I feel the song went on 30 seconds too long, but on the otherā€¦ is that not what Disco does in general? The song was a vibe though, and I did really enjoy it. *7/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 7.25. This tied with another contestant, but you ranked better at 3rd last round. This ranked you SEVENTH overall this round.
405 days ago
Jaxon
In 8th we have... Turcia with Shooting Star by Carly Rae Jepsen
Josh- Okay you had my least favorite song last week and this week? Such an improvement on song choice. We actually had a theme within the past few seasons where all the judges picked one artist they really like and people would have to submit a song by them. My artist? Ms. Jepsen herself. Iā€™m really glad to see some songs off this album this week because I believe you are the first person to ever do so. This song completely fits this theme and I love seeing it here. *5/13*

Krystal- I was a little nervous with how synthā€™d up Carly is, especially because I listened to this album a bit spaced the fuck out and could not tell you much of the experience overall. I need to stop listening to entire albums at once like this. But like thereā€™s actually a really fun, bouncy energy from it that I like. And the disco is there, but I think itā€™ll be bumped down a little because itā€™s not as prominent as others felt to me. *8/13*

Deme- Hiii Carly. This doesn't sound a thing like the Carly I usually listen to, but like... I like it? I like whatever weird shit is going on with her voice? It doesn't give disco as much as the other Carly song, but like... I like it more...? Sits here. *8/13*

Jaxon- A certain judge on this panel is Carlys biggest stan tbh so not a wrong choice here. At times the beat here felt a bit harsh, and others it was really fun and catchy. Similarly to another song, when the vocals got a bit robotic from all the stylistic autotune it threw me off a bit, but when it was her voice it was really fun. This was a really fun choice here. *8/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 7.25. This tied with another contestant, but you ranked worse at 7.5 last round. This ranked you EIGHTH overall this round.
405 days ago
Jaxon
In 9th we have... Nate with 2 Die 4 by Tove Lo (Jax Jones Midnights Snack Remix)
Krystal- Oh hell yeah Iā€™m loving how you went for some dance music. Like the vocals are just really, really fun, and did she say ā€œYouā€™ll die for anythingā€ lmaoooo??? I feel like I misheard but I cackled. This feels like they are trying to hypnotize me to die for them. Iā€™m down I guess. The music really does have a mix of disco, electro, and some type of hypnotism video vibes. Like I just really think this one will make its way to my Spotify. It just makes my brain like !!! Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/vsj1j56.gif *1/13*

Jaxon- Honestly bestie, cluby EDMy dance music never really hits with me. Tongue had a taste of it which I could overlook and tolerate, but this just kinda took it to full blast. I love Tove Los vocals so I was excited to see her, but honestly this song just isnā€™t a style of music I enjoy listening to. *12/13*

Josh- This song is just kind of a big dance beat and other than that there isnā€™t much substance itself within the song. It almost gives more rave and techno than it does disco to me. Like its not entirely bad I just think it fits the theme much weaker than a lot of the other choices. *11/13*

Deme-  Ohh, this one's fun. I really like the vocals, and the instrumental is so fun? Go off. *7/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 7.75. This tied with another contestant, but you ranked better at 1.5 last round. This ranked you NINTH overall this round.
405 days ago
Jaxon
That means Jake, Noelle, Drew, Ray, Joey, and Coco make up our tops and bottoms of the round.
405 days ago
Jaxon
In 10th we have... Joey with The Loneliest Time by Carly Rae Jepsen ft. Rufus Wainwright
Josh- Okay Joey really came to do what Turcia didnā€™t do. Posted one of my favorite Carly Rae songs of all time. Like this one is just a Krystal style chair turn #1 for me. 10/10 no notes. *1/13*

Krystal- Iā€™m the fakest Carly fan for not remembering this song. Iā€™m sure Josh will eat it up. Iā€™m likeā€¦ not as easily impressed, though. I hate the duet voices here, mostly the guyā€™s to be honest. I really think it brings things down. I like her voice, though, especially when it hits the chorus. I just think for disco, this song might have it but not in the way I like it. *12/13*

Deme- Hiii Carly. Their voices sound gorgeous together, damn? This definitely isn't my favourity Carly song, but I don't hate it at all! *9/13*

Jaxon- Fighting the urge to just skip to the tik tok snippet in this song. I do think Carly carried this song on her back, I wasnā€™t a fan of his voice really. The song itself feels very full and complete which I appreciate, and admittedly I have only listened to it once or twice, but maybe I was wrong for that. All in all, I feel this may just be a strong song in a round of strong songs that may have ranked higher in a different lineup.  *9/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 7.75. This tied with another contestant, but you ranked worse at 4th last round. This ranked you TENTH overall this round.
405 days ago
Jaxon
In 11th we have... Coco with Heart Wants What it Wants by Bebe Rexha
Josh- Oh this song has been on my playlists a lot lately and I really love it. I think Bebe is underrated as a like.. Almost mainstream artist. She really is done dirty and her last album is criminally underrated. Also just like a song about a woman who is just playing with men and playing with them until she is done with them and doesnt hold any emotional attachment? Queen behavior. *4/13*

Krystal- I havenā€™t heard Bebe Rexha in some time, but I will say her voice has a bit of a slight rasp to it here thatā€™s nice to see. She really did outsell with Cry Wolf and then try to bury it ten feet deep. Sigh. This song feels a little repetitive in a way I notice. But itā€™s not bad by any means. *11/13*

Deme- This song's fine. Bebe Rexha kind of goes off. I was hoping it'd pick up some more, and it just like... didn't. But it's fine! I like the instrumental. *12/13*

Jaxon- I like Bebe but her songs are very hit or miss for me, so Iā€™m curious to see where this lands. Her look is iconic in this video, itā€™s definitely giving 70s/80s slasher girl. The beats disco and obviously fun, I do think the verses kinda outsell the chorus but the chorus is fun also- I just think the verses have that EXTRA slayage in them. All in all, a strong submission. *5/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 8. This ranked you ELEVENTH overall this round.
405 days ago
Jaxon
In 12th we have... Drew with Lean On Me by Calvin Harris ft. Swae Lee
Krystal- The vocals are a bit hard for me to pin. Do I love them? Do I hate them? Iā€™m leaning towards kind of liking them, maybe against my will. It just feels really chill and relaxed. I donā€™t even know where I should put this. Likeā€¦ is this disco? I canā€™t hear the elements of it that clearly, but I checked and itā€™s definitely from a disco album, soā€¦ I guess Iā€™ll just drop it a little for not hearing it a lot. *10/13*

Deme- Okay so, I really like the song, but it... doesn't really give disco? Like, to the point where I was distracted for most of the song wondering where the... disco... was...? šŸ‘‰šŸ‘ˆ But apparently it is disco! It is apparently disco. Bop! *11/13*

Josh- This is a kind of weird crossover between disco and rap which does kind of make it feel more modern.. But not in a great way to me. It also just feels the least overall disco out of all the songs overall to me. Just not the hugest fan. *12/13*

Jaxon- Honestly, I enjoyed this song. The production on it was done really well & everything sounded really nice here. The kind of conjoining of alternative and disco here really meshed together really nicely. The only thing that concerns me with my own rank is just how strong this round has been so far, and if it continues at the same quality this is going to be easy to point out as the furthest from my personal taste in music. However, I think how with it stands out among the rest, this has the potential to be boosted by other judges. *11/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 11. This ranked you TWELFTH overall this round.
405 days ago
Jaxon
In 3rd we have... Ray with HUSH by Ari Abdul
Deme- ...Okay, wow. I really like this one? I'm a fan? It's just got such a vibe to it. *3/13*

Jaxon- The mellow dramatic overtones with the disco undertones paired really nicely together to me. Her voice was really nice to listen to and I think the unique approach helps this song stand out for better and for worse. This was a fun addition, no real complaints here. *4/13*

Josh- Oh I love when women kill men. This one was more subdued and haunting sounded which was really made it stand out from a lot of other choices we saw throughout the week. This probably will end up falling somewhere in the middle imo. *8/13*

Krystal- I actually really like how this song feels itā€™s dragging along, a bit like a horror movie song. Itā€™s giving disco horror, which I never realized I wanted, but I want disco horror!!! Iā€™m not sure this is what Iā€™m to get from it, but Iā€™m really having a fun time with this type of singing voice and just the general vibes it gives off. *3/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 4.5. This ranked you THIRD overall this round.
405 days ago
Jaxon
In 2nd we have... Jake with Spotlight by Jessie Ware
Jaxon- Either this song was soy good or this is just going to be a really hard round to rank. The intro vocals into the disco beatā€¦ chefs kiss. I really liked her voice, and I think this submission is a vast improvement from last rounds. This song kept me in the mood to groove from start to finish. This was a really fun start, no real complaints here! *1/13*

Krystal- These vocals are giving likeā€¦ ballad-y almost? I donā€™t know if thatā€™s right. But at the very least, they stopped right away once this beat picked up and I much like her faint, whisper-y vocals much more. Like it hits just right with me. I really enjoy it. I think thereā€™s also a bit of a nice instrumental break where I actually appreciate the absence of vocals for that part. It all works real nice. *4/13*

Deme- Oh wow, these vocals are gorgeous. Okay. And it picks up a bit, thank god. This is just such a vibe, honestly. Great pick. *5/13*

Josh- Oh wow I really loved the vibes in this song. It feels disco while also having this like soulful and unique rhythm to it. I almost noticed this sound throughout it that was almost like an animated bubble popping which just really tickled me. *3/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.25. This ranked you SECOND overall this round.
405 days ago
Jaxon
Which means, in 1st we have... Noelle with Read Your Mind by Sabrina Carpenter
Josh- Oh Iā€™ve been on a big Sabrina kick within the past couple months so I really enjoyed seeing this here. One of my favorite songs from this album. Great choice. *2/13*

Krystal- I actually really like Sabrina Carpenter, and this song has the sort of subtle disco fun vibes I really like. Her voice goes soft and whispery in a way I like too. Plus it has some fun lyrics and it just really feels like everything is cohesive and smooth in that way my brain finds pleasing. *6/13*

Deme- Oh wow, the intro to this had me sooo worried. What a bop? Sabrina Carpenter always goes off, and this is no different. I really, really like the chorus. *2/13*

Jaxon- Miss Sabrina is always in my Spotify recommend and honestly she never quite does it for me? But I havenā€™t heard this one yet so letā€™s see! Honestly- why did they never suggest this to me? Shes a certified bawp. Her voice sounded really nice with this beat and I feel it really had a modern take on disco. Good choice! *2/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3. This ranked you FIRST overall this round. Congratulations on being the rounds winner.
405 days ago
Jaxon
With the results being posted, there are still a few things to address.

The first being, with no post we have our second, and hopefully final, DQ this season with Bengie who will officially be placing thirteenth.
405 days ago
Jaxon
The second being, with Blue team down two people due to DQ's the votes are in.

With three of the seven votes, the person red has chosen to save is... Jake.

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!