This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 1: Results Show

Topic » Round 1: Results Show

408 days 6 hours ago
Jaxon
408 days 6 hours ago
useamint
Finally
408 days 6 hours ago
Jaxon
It's time to review the dishes of your songs. How this rounds faceoff will work is Coco & Kevin will face off first, from there they will each draft members of their team and in that succession the two members will also face off.
408 days 5 hours ago
CocoVanderbilt
I’m nervous
408 days 5 hours ago
useamint
I sent a random list
408 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
First up... Coco with All (Your) Fault by Halo Kitsch
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jaxon- This song is definitely a vibe- the beat was nice and I really enjoyed the echoey vocal component. I don’t really have much negative feedback to say about the song, it was a rally nice listen. There are other songs I liked more this round, but it was a strong submission nonetheless that I enjoyed. *6/14*

Krystal- The start is a bit too slow for my tastes, but it does start to get pretty solid in terms of instrumental and like these little electro sounds. The voice is pretty nice, too, like there’s some kinda rawness to it at times. But like… what are the lyrics? Did I just hear “you ‘n me in the supermarket”? Why are they in the supermarket? *7/14*

Deme- Okay, wow, gorgeous voice. The song itself... I mean, it's fine? I didn't really like it at first, but it's growing on me the longer I listen, so like... go off...? *12/14*

Josh- When I first started the song it was giving me the vibe of another song that I can't quite put my finger on. Oh wait after doing some research it was giving You and I by Lady Gaga. It does deepy divert after the first liek 30 seconds and like it is cute. I don't know that it would make me want to dive into the larger world of Halo but I do wonder if she has other songs that would be more gripping to me. *7/14*

The four scores combined gave you an overall average of 8. You ranked NINTH overall.

-
vs

Kevin with Slow Song by The Knocks ft. Dragonette
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jaxon- Oh- this beat has me gagged. It’s also nice to see a one hit wonder type artists other work. I really have no complaints with this song, it really hits on a lot of things I like with music and I think you’re coming in showing why you are coming in as a leading vet coming to prove yourself and try and secure that win you haven’t been able to in the past. This isn’t a perfect 10/10 song for me- but very close, 9 or 9.5/10 realm. Great song to start with if you ask me. *2/14*

Krystal- This singing voice reminds me a little bit of someone, but I’m not sure who it is. Maybe a little Studio Killers? I didn’t think I’d like this, but I really like the instrumental and the soft scoffs and all in general this soft disco sound I may or may not be mad for thinking I pick up on. Overall, it’s pretty nice and enjoyable and soft enough it’d be great for when I have migraines to bop to. *4/14*

Josh- Oh okay just by the thumbnail I was like... is that Aquaria? Then the video confirmed that in like 3 seconds so that was cute. The song feels much older than I'm sure it is. The vibe is giving like 80s which I also love. Being the vet returning with the lower average placement I'm sure there is a lot of pressure to come hard and like... this song is a really good start to the season for you. *4/14*

Deme- Oh my god, hiiii Dragonette. The instrumental here is kind of a vibe already, so we're off to a great start. Oh, wow, there are the vocals and I really like this one??? It feels so 80s. Love her. *2/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3. You ranked THIRD overall this round.

Kevin earns a point for the Blue team & gets the draft pick favor.
408 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Blue- 1
Red- 0
408 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Kevins first draft pick is... Turcia with Life Itself by Glass Animals
Krystal- I actually really like this instrumental, like is it weird to say it’s giving that Cheetah Girls movie when they go to Barcelona? His voice is smooth and it really rolls off the tongue how he sings the lyrics, and everything is so cohesive and it fits really well in a way that makes my brain so satisfied. I never really loved Glass Animals, but you’re making me think I didn’t give their music enough of a chance, because I really like this. *3/14*

Josh- So this wasn't entirely my vibe. The vocals aren't entirely too distinct and seperated from the melody of the music itself so it just kind of feels like its blending together at parts and like.. not always entirely understandable what they are saying? *13/14*

Jaxon- I was gagged by the beat at first in a fun way, but then the intro took 50 seconds which is… excessive. I honestly, really liked his voice- she’s a bit seductive. I’m kinda 50/50 on this one, because the chorus was really nice and the verses seemed to drag at times but were good in others. While the song has it flaws for me (most prominently too much instrumental), it has this charm to it that I really enjoy about it. *8/14*

Deme- ...I'm not sure I like the instrumental, but I'm definitely intrigued. Like, intrigued enough to not even be annoyed it's been nearly a minute without vocals. Oh... oh... I really like the vocals. Okay. Okay. I'm vibing, actually. *6/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 7.5. This tied with another contestant so you ranked SEVENTH/EIGHTH overall.
408 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Cocos first draft pick is... Jake with Unaware by Bella Taylor Smith
Jaxon- She has a really pretty voice, and I think that is the strongest pro this song has. If I had to take a guess, I don’t see this being a topper for the panel as a whole- but I’ve been wrong in the past. The beat felt very coming off age emotional movie soundtracky, which is the only real complaint I have with the song. All in all, I didn’t love it, I didn’t dislike it- it just kind of plays in this safe territory for me. *9/14*

Krystal- This is a really soft voice, and it like… isn’t bad at all, but it’s not for me and she kind of gives me a headache. I do like it a little better when it picks up, certainly, and I do like the sort of white noise sounds it’s got going on, but overall I just think this isn’t for me because by the time it picks up I’d like to be the one to walk away. *13/14*

Deme- This is... really not my type of song. I spent the first thirty seconds wishing it would pick up, and then it did, and I just... was not vibing. The vocals are really pretty, though. I can't deny that. *13/14*

Josh- This song was okay, it is something that I would kind of just put on in the backround if I just wanted noise. *12/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 11.75. This ranked THIRTEENTH overall.
408 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
The point goes to the blue team.

Blue- 2
Red- 0
408 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Kevins second draft pick is... Juniper with Strict Machine by Goldfrapp
Krystal- I do really like the sound here. It gives Metric a bit, if Metric was going a little softer, and I like the soft whine to her voice, along with the mechanical sound to the instrumental. It just has a sort of grit to it. But… honestly I do wish the chorus had a bit more oomph. I really wanted it to eat my heart out, maybe with screaming. Still, it’s giving a lot of the sounds I like, so I can’t be mad. Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/vsj1j56.gif *1/14*

Josh- I feel like I would never come across something like this without a gme like this to introduce me to a wider array of music. I was surprised how much I liked it but I was vibing witht  he like... techno grunge beats? I don't know if thats what you would call it but thats what its giving me. *9/14*

Jaxon- This is an interesting one for me- because there are things I like about it and there are things I don’t, and honestly they seem to be the same things? The beat on this one was amazing, I liked it a lot. Her voice borders on that line of grating to me, where some points I liked it and others it just didn’t work for me. Similarly to Life Itself, the song does have this charm to it that I enjoy, but I do think the vocals bring it down a lot for me. *13/14*

Deme- Oh oh oh, this instrumental?? Okay. Okay. The vocals... fit so well. This is giving some kind of vibe, I can't explain it, but I really really like it, actually? *3/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 6.5. This ranked you FIFTH overall.
408 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Cocos second draft pick is... Drew with Chicago by Louis Tomlinson
Josh- This really picked up at the chorus for me. I was suprised how muched I liked a solo song by like the 4th most famous one direction member. Like I geniunely could see myself revisiting this song if I was in the mood to put together a sad bitch vibe playlist *6/14*

Jaxon- TBH, I never had a one direction era and that translated into their solo careers, so I’m not familiar with this song at all. His voice is nice, I particularly enjoyed the verses of the song. The chorus I disliked, it felt the beat kind of overpowered his voice in a way I didn’t like very much. This song kind of has the same vibe to me that Unaware has- where it isn’t something I go out of my way to listen to, but it also isn’t offensive to listen to. *12/14*

Krystal- This is a very whiny voice. Is this one of the One Direction dudes? I liked that one Harry song better. Like he’s just really sad about Chicago, I guess? It feels like some 2000s song I would’ve thought was the best in the 2000s, but I changed my mind once I hit my 20s and I’ve stopped listening to The Script. But hey, if you like this, you’d probably like The Script! *12/14*

Deme- You know, I don't think I've ever heard Louis Tomlinson's solo stuff before? His work... is definitely not my favourite of the One Direction solo work, but it's fine! He's got a good voice. I like the instrumental. *10/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 10. This tied with another contestant, so you ranked TENTH/ELEVENTH overall.
408 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
The point goes to the blue team.

Blue- 3
Red- 0
408 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Kevins third draft pick was... Bengie with Daisy by Asshnikko
Deme- Ashnikko... is so good. This isn't my favourite by her, like... by far, probably, but god it still goes off?? *9/14*

Josh- This isn't my favorite song by Ashnikko but it is perfectly suitible. It excites me enough to see where you are going to go here. *10/14*

Jaxon- As mentioned in your prod chat, this song is very mainstream and that is just not what I’m looking for in my eleventh season of doing this. While there are songs I like less than this, this is the only song this round I feel falls into the realm and it’s getting knocked down somw points for me. *11/14*

Krystal- I like some Ashnikko music, but I don’t think I’m loving this one all that much so far. I wish Hatsune Miku was here. I think I liked it a bit more when Hatsune Miku was here. Like I do like the way it builds up, sure, and I like how fast Ashnikko talks, but overall I’m just meh on this one because it really is just… repetitive and I can’t help noticing. *10/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 10. This tied with another contestant, so you ranked TENTH/ELEVENTH overall.
408 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Cocos third draft pick was... Nate with Tongue by Reve
Deme- Oh, oh wow, this is off to such a start already. Okay. I had no idea what to expect here, but like... it goes off. I'm a fan. This WILL end up on my Spotify likes. Did she just... met her in a past life, That's So Raven... I... *1/14*

Josh- Omg this song is such a slay tbh. Love a song with a little bit of edge. Really good choice and can't wait to see more from you throughout this season. *3/14*

Jaxon- I’m ready to be gagged by this still. While I wouldn’t say it perfectly hit my taste in music, so far this is the closest I have seen this round to meeting it. The song was really fun, her vocals were fun, the beat was fun for the MOST part. It felt a bit EDM-y inspired in the instrumentals which I don’t like, but other than that, I liked this one. *5/14*

Krystal- I like the cute little T-t-t-ongue Tongue sound. I didn’t dig the very start, but this is really fun and upbeat and when it gets into the singing part, it’s just so cute and campy and I really feel like it’s something I would listen to for fun just like… by myself. I really, really am in love with the instrumental, like even it feels bouncy and fits the way the singing goes. Everything all meshes and pairs so perfectly and I love some cohesion. My #1 and #2 this week were so close, though, like ahhh. *2/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2.75. This tied with another contestant, so you ranked FIRST/SECOND this round.
408 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
The point goes to the red team.

Blue: 3
Red: 1

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!