This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Leg 5: Pit Stop

Topic » Leg 5: Pit Stop

601 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
I am standing here at N Seoul Tower where this is the final stop in the teams second leg of this race.

The last team to arrive MAY be eliminated.
601 days 5 hours ago
oswordo3
I'm so nervous tbh I don't know who is leaving at all šŸ˜²
601 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
I will start out with a flashback of the Yield...

* Team BecKinning has decided NOT to use the yield
* Team Animal Pact has decided NOT to use the yield.
* Team Norwoods HAS decided to use the yield on the.....
Purple Parrots.
601 days 5 hours ago
tyleror
Rip
601 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
The first team to arrive is....
The Animal Pact
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Detour: Wonderland by AleXa

Jaxon- Hm, I see we liked the same 2 people in American Song Contest. AleXa & Stela ate the show up and performed circles around everyone else. Honestly, this song may have been the reason I was open to an English K-Pop song because it truly had my jaw on the floor from episode 1 when my favorite was a k-pop song. I really donā€™t see this song doing bad at all, it kind of has no misses for me. Most of the time, I prefer risks, but in a theme I know Iā€™m gonna hate- safe might be the best thing for me. *1/8*

Josh- It was feasible. I didn't fully fall in love with it while listening. There is just this disconnect and I'm not fully grasping the love for this song. Just doesn't do enough for me or get me excited to hear it. *7/8*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 4. You left the detour third.

-
Roadblock: Love Me or Hate Me by Song Soowoo

Krystal- The soft and sweet sound at the start had me a bit perplexed, but here we goā€¦ getting into it with this lovely soft rock sound. And there her voice goes. I really fucking love the discordance between this super cute and sweet shit. I didnā€™t expect so much English, but I also donā€™t think we didnā€™t demand there to be no English, so Iā€™m free to keep loving the absolute SHIT out of this. The visuals were giving me vibes of Persona 5, my favorite game ever, and her voice kicks ass with all this rawness and synth and gorgeousness, something Iā€™d never expect to hear from this genre and Iā€™m so happy to see it! This is what I wanted this week. Perfectly done. Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/8*

Deme- This opening sounds so pretty, what? AND I see Troll dolls? Oh, there the actual song is! Okay, okay. I love her, I do. The chorus where she gets louder... hiiii queen... from the guitar to her vocals and the little effect on them...? I'm a fan, I am. Great pick. *4/8*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 2.5. This tied with another team, but you left the detour first. You left the roadblock first.

-
Your two placements of 3rd & 1st gave you an overall average of 2. This tied with another team, but you left the roadblock first. I am pleased to tell you that are the FIRST team to arrive at the pit stop.

I am also pleased to tell you that you have won the U-Turn advantage for Leg 6.
601 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
The 2nd team to arrive is... The Norwoods
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Detour: Dream of You by Chung Ha

Josh- This song was such a good first song to be posted for this theme. Really starts it off with a bang and if the next song isn't an absolute smash it'll just feel so flat in comparison. Really good choice. Will this finally be the Norwoods week? *1/8*

Jaxon- Oh, this kind of eats up. I think the pacing of this song is just a wee bit too fast, but the introduction to first verse was just so seductive sounding I didnā€™t want it to end. The pre chorus electro loses me just a little bit, and the chorus clocks in at a good average. I think the song was the perfect amount of time, not dragging on at all. I think this is a solid start to the english k-pop hell Iā€™m gonna be going through. *3/8*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 2. This tied with another team, but you left the pit stop first. You left the detour first.

-
Roadblock: Poison by Pink Fantasy

Deme- Ooh, spooky opening... oh thank GOD an opening with guitar buildup that actually gives guitar! I love this. Their vocals all sound great, and like... the instrumental is just... so good. Come on. The tick-tock tick-tock bit?? šŸ„°šŸ„° It was a hard fought battle between this one and the BTS song for me but like... she won. She did. *1/8*

Krystal- Oh no, itā€™s Organization XIIIā€¦ The vocals here are really strong, and I do like them quite a lot. I think the chorus has this really high energy that reminds me of this one movie I watched that was basically a K-Pop group finding a cursed tape and using the song and oooooh they are SCREAMING. Why am I digging that. I just liked that soooo shrugs sm. This song is really growing on me quite a lot. Especially that screaming part. Fuuuuck. I sat between this and the BTS song like ā€œI mean, I canā€™t put BTS that high, right? Right?ā€ but, like, I did and now I have to live with that for the rest of my sorry fucking life. *6/8*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 3.5. This tied with another team, but you left the detour first. You left the roadblock third.

-
Your two placements of 1st & 3rd gave you an overall average of 2. this tied with another team, but you left the roadblock second. I am pleased to tell you that you are the SECOND team to arrive at the pit stop.
601 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
The 3rd team to arrive is... Rosalina & Luma
Detour: The Boys by Girls Generation

Jaxon- Hm, so at the start I was kinda meh on this one, but when the unison singing stopped and the solo vocals started- this is giving vibes I canā€™t quite put my finger on, but like I donā€™t know- it kinda ate? For me every part of this song except when they all sang together was a slay. I kinda vibed with this one, it kind of mellowed out (in a good way) that signature k-pop touch. *4/8*

Josh- So this song had a bit more edge than the other one so far this week and I feel like that gives it more than an advantage. The beat and rhythm go just a bit harder than most of the other songs. Was pleasantly surprised. I think this is a good redemption from your other kpop song in your debut season. *5/8*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 4.5. This tied with two other teams, but you left the pit stop third. You left the detour sixth.

-
Roadblock: Moonshot by N.Flying

Krystal- Weā€™re going for a softer rock sound here at the start, huh? I dig it, especially since it picks up like FAST. The contrast is really well-done, and I can appreciate the vocals because itā€™s really close to listening to my favorite bands lately, just in another language with a way hotter guy singing it. Is this the e-boy hair Iā€™ve heard about? Hmm. (Deme said yes, it is. Good to know). Anyway, Iā€™m in fucking love with this! Thanks for knowing my taste. *2/8*

Deme- Okay, obsessed with this intro already... the instrumental is actually so catchy, and the vocals?! The vocals. Okay. Wow. Even the rap!!! I'm a fan. *3/8*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 2.5. This tied with another team, but you left the detour second. You left the roadblock second.

-
Your two placements of 6th & 2nd gave you an overall average of 4. I am pleased to tell you that you are the THIRD team to arrive at the pit stop.
601 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
The 4th team to arrive is... The BecKinning
Detour: I Did It by SPICA

Josh- The saxophone beat and tone gave me like 1950s jazz which was a cool flow throughout. The vibe gave me like women led bank heist montage kind of vibe if that makes sense? *4/8*

Jaxon- So, the thing that really stands out to me about the vocals of these girls that I like is kind of the anti-purity they have, and how there is a little bit of a rasp to them and they are on the lower end, especially the one who had their solo around 1:38. I think the lyrics in this one are fun, and I think it also kind of is a bit tamer in comparison to some other songs I have heard. *5/8*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 4.5. This tied with two other teams, but you left the pit stop first. You left the detour fourth.

-
Roadblock: Sweet Chaos by Day6

Krystal- Oh, oh, hi thereā€¦ This sound is so smooth and electric and Iā€™m absolutely obsessed. You have my attention. Whyā€™s that one guy kinda look like Jordan Connor, you know, from Riverdale? Even when the vocals go soft and sweet, there is still a soft rock vibe to it that Iā€™m absolutely enchanted by. I think this is really just a thrill because this sort of older vibe to the song is giving me an era of rock I never fucking expected, like this is some indie 70s style rock or some shit, I swear to fuck, itā€™s smooth as hell. Ugh, those raw voices at times are really such a delight. Too bad at least one of them sounded like a Muppet thoā€¦ I donā€™t know why he did, but that really fucked me up. *3/8*

Deme- The way I'm just sitting here like šŸ˜§ because I LIKE my rankings right now, the way they are, but this opening? This opening? Their vocals? The CHORUS? The instrumental? I love this? This week is so hard... *6/8*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 4.5. You left the roadblock fifth.

-
Your two placements of 4th & 5th gave you an overall average of 4.5. This tied with another team, but you left the roadblock first. I am pleased to tell you that you are the FOURTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
601 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
The 5th team to arrive is... Fallen Angels
Detour: Pity Party by Jamie

Jaxon- I definitely think I have a preference towards the solo artists over the groups. This vibe gave strong Bebe Rexha at her best vibes LOL. I liked this one! I wouldnā€™t say it is my absolute favorite of the round, but a top contender maybe. It had good lyrics, good vocals, a good beatā€¦ it kind of was a good surprise. *2/8*

Josh- This song gives a great mix of modern feeling while also giving a 70s/80s beat important. Like it's pop, Disco, edm all mashed together and it worke beautifully for me. *3/8*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 2.5. This tied with another team, but you left the pit stop second. You left the detour second.

-
Roadblock: Daisy by Pentagon

Deme- Oh wow, oh wow, these vocals...? Oh oh oh there's the guitar build-up - oh. Well. That... did not hit nearly as hard as I thought it would... but these vocals! Okay! Okay! I'm into it again. The chorus... I kind of love this, I do. (Also Krystal is so valid because the second guy??? The first one we actually see singing??? Hello!!! Hi hi hi!!!! Best part of the song!!) *5/8*

Krystal- The way Deme and I demanded getting to rank more men, and finally it is being delivered. I really like these vocals, and his voice is just so different than what Iā€™m used to hearing, whoever he isā€¦ the second (?) guy, I mean. The one who starts singing when the instrumental picks up! The other guys were okay, but I liked him. šŸ„ŗ Come back, come baaaaack, I want your voice only. Overall, this song is pretty solid, and I like their voices and intensity, but they are a little too soft and sweet for me this week. Sorry, guys. *7/8*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 6. You left the roadblock seventh.

-
Your two placements of 2nd & 7th gave you an overall average of 4.5. This tied with another team, but you left the roadblock second. I am pleased to tell you that you are the FIFTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
601 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
The 6th team to arrive is... Purple Parrots
Detour: The Feels by TWICE (+3)

Josh- What a fun song! I was totally getting the feels from this song. I've heard of TWICE but to my knowledge this is the first time I've heard a song of theirs. Good pick! This song was just a victim of circumstance. I don't dislike it, all the other songs just kept being sooo good this one kept falling down my rankings *6/8*

Jaxon- Hm, so, yeah this is that kind of hyper sounding pop K-Pop usually brings that I just donā€™t like. Itā€™s not a super extreme offender, but it is just TOO much for me. Like I donā€™t completely hate this, I am just leaving the song with a slight head ache which just I donā€™t know, it needed to be toned down just a wee little bit. *7/8*

The two scores combined, plus the additional 3 penalty points, gave you an average of 8. You left the detour eighth.

-
Roadblock: Boy In Love by BTS

Deme- The absolute fear I felt at seeing this was a BTS song until I realized it was one of their older ones... you have no idea. Anyways, song time! Okay. Okay. Oh wow, this sounds nothing like their stuff now? I love love love their vocals? They sound SO aggressive, and the instrumental is so good? The rapping... the chorus... šŸ„°. Can they, like... make more stuff like this... lol...  *2/8*

Krystal-  I donā€™t normally love BTS, but this looks like super early BTS, so Iā€™m hopeful this might be better than their sound now. Already has a clear rock sound, which I majorly appreciate, and their voices are super strong and a bit edgy in a way theyā€™ve never done recently, mostly because recently they fucking suck. Really digging this sound and wish they kept it because in current years theyā€™re about as good as listening to my cat scratch at my door and scream at 3AM. Overall, Iā€™m pretty satisfied! *5/8*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 3.5. This tied with another team, but you left the detour second. You left the roadblock fourth.

-
Your two placements of 8th & 4th gave you an overall average of 6. This tied with another team, but you left the roadblock first. I am pleased to tell you that you are the SIXTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
601 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
The 7th team to arrive is... Lavender Ladies
Detour: Ice Cream by Blackpink

Josh- I must say I've streamed this song so much. It's not the most original or unique song to pick but sometimes the obvious pick works just as well if not better than an obscure song. I'm pretty sure I used to get hammered and go into the group chat with the other judges and just quote the song nonstop. Good times. *2/8*

Jaxon- LMAO I just remember this song being in the Reface app that was popular a year ago. The beat in this one was really good, and the vocals were contained and worked togetherā€¦ but the lyrics are justā€¦ a little bit silly, in my opinion. I also feel like the little rap portion in this song didnā€™t work, TLC outsells when they do that. *8/8*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 5. You left the detour sixth.

-
Roadblock: Scream by Dreamcatcher

Krystal- I really love this singing voice, and the intensity, and unrelated to the music, that purple hair! Vocals are overall really, really solid, and this sounds like the kind of music Iā€™d actually loop, so thatā€™s always a good sign. I especially like this chorus, and it kind of gives a bit of the vibe of the song Zombie by Purple Kiss if they had gone for an edgier sound that song. This is just a really exciting song to listen to! *4/8*

Deme- Oh wow, these vocals are gorgeous, actually? I wouldn't expect them to fit with this instrumental, but like... they do! They do! I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of how abrupt the change felt with the chorus/rap, but like... maybe it's just me. It's catchy! I can't deny it. Spooky, too. *7/8*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 5.5. You left the roadblock sixth.

-
Your two placements of 6th & 6th gave you an overall average of 6. This tied with another team, but you left the roadblocks second. I am pleased to tell you that you are the SEVENTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
601 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
The 8th team to arrive is... #TeamMarina
Detour: LOCO by Itzy

Jaxon- I donā€™t really know how I feel about this one bestie. Like honestly, this one has a hard time keeping my attention- for good & bad, it means I donā€™t OTT hate it, but it also isnā€™t standing out to me at all. She kind of is just giving MOR standings and I really donā€™t have much to say, it was kinda just an average song. *6/8*

Josh- This song isn't bad by any means. I just think when a lot of these songs above are so good this song  kind of feels a bit flat compared to a lot of the other ones. This week was just so good and this was just the least amazing *8/8*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 7. You left the detour seventh.

-
Roadblock: BOCA by Dreamcatcher

Deme- Ohhh, gorgeous vocals are back. I think I like how the rap is integrated into this one much better, along with the chorus, but the other song by them posted this week just felt... catchier... šŸ‘‰šŸ‘ˆ... I love the guitar here, though, so go off? *8/8*

Krystal- I feel like Dreamcatcher is familiar, but I donā€™t recognize any of the songs. Maybe they came up recommended on YouTube before. This feels a bit less close to the rock vibes at first, but then it really kicks in and says, ā€œIā€™ll deliver the demanded element now. Sorry for the wait.ā€ Iā€™m loving it! Kinda wish the whole song was that sound, though, because in comparison, it pales a bit to me. *8/8*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 8. You left the roadblock eighth.

-
Your two placements of 7th & 8th gave you an overall average of 7.5. You are the EIGHTH team to arrive at the pit stop.

I am sorry to tell you, you both have been eliminated from the race.
601 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Detour:
Jaxon:
1. Wonderland
2. Pity Party
3. Dream of You
4. The Boys
5. I Did It
6. LOCO
7. The Feels
8. Ice Cream

Josh:
1. Dream of You
2. Ice Cream
3. Pity Party
4. I Did It
5. The Boys
6. The Feels
7. Wonderland
8. Loco

Overall:
1. Dream of You (2) (Left Pit Stop First)
2. Pity Party (2) (Left Pit Stop Second)
3. Wonderland (4)
4. I Did It (4.5) (Left Pit Stop First)
5. The Boys (4.5) (Left Pit Stop Second)
6. Ice Cream (5)
7. Loco (7)
8. The Feels (7 + 6 + 3 / 2 = 8)

Roadblock:
Krystal:
1. Love Me or Hate Me
2. Moonshot
3. Sweet Chaos
4. Scream
5. Boy in Luv
6. Poison
7. Daisy
8. BOCA

Deme:
1. Poison
2. Boy In Luv
3. Moonshot
4. Love Me or Hate Me
5. Daisy
6. Sweet Chaos
7. Scream
8. BOCA

Overall:
1. Love Me or Hate Me (2.5) (Left Detour First)
2. Moonshot (2.5) (Left Detour Second)
3. Poison (3.5) (Left Detour First)
4. Boy In Luv (3.5) (Left Detour Second)
5. Sweet Chaos (4.5)
6. Scream (5.5)
7. Daisy (6)
8. BOCA (8)

-
Leg Overall:
1. The Animal Pact (3 + 1 = 4 / 2 = 2) (Left Roadblock First)
2. The Norwoods (1 + 3 = 4 / 2 = 2) (Left Roadblock Second)
3. Rosalina & Luma  (5 + 2 = 7 / 2 = 3.5)
4. BecKinning (4 + 5 = 9 / 2 = 4.5) (Left Roadblock First)
5. Fallen Angels (2 + 7 = 9 / 2 = 4.5) (Left Roadblock Second)
6. Purple Parrots (8 + 4 = 12 / 2 = 6) (Left Roadblock First)
7. Lavender Ladies (6 + 6 = 12 / 2 = 6) (Left Roadblock Second)
8. #TeamMarina (7 + 8 = 15 / 2 = 7.5)
601 days 5 hours ago
Jaxon
Fixed math for anyone curious ^

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!