This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Leg 3: Pit Stop

Topic » Leg 3: Pit Stop

608 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
I am standing here at St. Paul’s Cathedral where this is the final stop in the teams second leg of this race.

The last team to arrive MAY be eliminated.
608 days 14 hours ago
CocoVanderbilt
arrives to the stop.
608 days 14 hours ago
CocoVanderbilt
shakes.
608 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
The first team to arrive is....
The BecKinning!
*The BecKinning has decided to USE their Fast Forward this round... but let's see how they would have done anyways!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Detour: Kings & Queens by Ava Max

Josh- So like....... they delayed diamonds & dancefloors and they were so nasty for that. I'm ready for someone to leak it ala problematique. Loved seeing the Max Cut still featured in this video. She chopped it off and it was a sad day for the world. This song.. I mean there is a reason why its one of her songs that have done well. Its so catchy and fun. Tag yourself in the video. I'm the dancing parrot. *2/10*

Deme- Methinks you might be Josh's #1 this week...? Ava Max goes off, it's true, loved her Roblox concert, etc etc, now to the actual ranking - this song is just... so fun? And such a bop, honestly. Her vocals are great, the instrumental is great, the lyrics are kinda iconic - great pick! *3/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 2.5. You would have left the detour second.

-
Roadblock: Leave My Body by Florence + The Machine

Krystal- I don’t think I remember this song all that much by title. Maybe it’s a song I skipped out on somehow…? Rare as that is, I’ve done that for a few of her albums at a guess. But I really like the mumbling she does, followed by this intensity and the sheer loudness of it, like it builds up in a way that feels like it’s trapping Florence in. I just think it sounds a bit close to other songs I’ve liked by Florence and yet different too…? I’m not making much sense. I do wish her voice was offered a bit more of solo time at times, just because she can be a little hard to hear, but it just works here. Especially because Florence can absolutely scream if she wants to. And that’s always worth a listen. So thanks for introducing me to this song! *3/10*

Jaxon- I do apologize for the hours upon hours of torture you put yourself through for this round. I love me a good experimental sounding Florence sound. The bit harder of a rocker beat undertones and the chanting in the background really give this a unique sound for her (but that is also one of my favorite selling points with Florence- all her songs sound unique and different from each other). You may have struggled, but I think you ended up going with a pretty good song. *4/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 3.5. You would have left the roadblock second.

-
As you have used the Fastforward, you have advanced through this Legs tasks and automatically placed FIRST. However, had you not used the Fast Forward- the outcome would have been the same. Congratulations on winning this leg!
608 days 14 hours ago
tyleror
BALD
608 days 14 hours ago
Symmetry888
😭
608 days 14 hours ago
CocoVanderbilt
i'm shocked.
608 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
The 2nd team to arrive is... The Norwoods
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Detour: killer queen by Mad Tsai

Deme- I went into this fully expecting a Queen cover and wow, I was wrong! Super fun instrumental, love the voice, and oh, a fun little murder story? Oh the chorus!! Okay. Okay, yeah, obsessed with what you've been sending, actually. Cutely adds this to my Spotify likes. *1/10*

Josh- Finally some good fucking food. Okay fun fact about me. I love me some Mad Tsai. Boy Bi, Killer Queen, Heartbreak Honeymoon, etc. All bops. This song though? This one in particular? Im mean check the chuu... I'm obsessed. A fanatic. Like... you already slayed with Aston's killer queen? But this one? This choice? Thats the one. Where is the krystal turning her chair gif for number one because you get that for me. #1. No competition. Made up for all the flop songs I endured this week. *1/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 1. You left the detour first.

-
Roadblock: Free by Florence + The Machine

Krystal- This one was probably one of my favorites of Florence’s new music. Like it’s really, really up there. There’s something about her almost distant vocals as she talks about mental illness as the song seems to be racing away from her. It’s really beautiful and disoriented and it feels like a relatable song for how honest it is. *4/10*

Jaxon- IMO, this is one of the must listens to on her 2022 album, one of my top songs off it for sure! the upbeat nature of this song is really fun and the beat is infectious. Her vocals are a bit tame on this track in comparison to other songs I think, but the song gets the job done and it is a solid choice regardless. *8/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of of 6. You left the roadblock seventh.

-
Your two placements of 1st & 7th gave you an overall average of 4. I am pleased to tell you that you are the SECOND team to arrive at the pit stop.
608 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
The 3rd team to arrive is... The Cool Kids
Detour: Knight Of The Wind by Crush 40

Josh- Omg.. the way when this song started I was like "lol this song sounds like something from a sonic game" and I looked it up... and it was actually from sonic? My mind. It takes balls to submit music from video games. I'm pretty sure I've thrown it out as a category but its been rejected. Actually.. I think I did it as a redemption theme in all stars. That was an era. Anyways the song was like pretty good. I think there is better songs from sonic. That being said do they fit the royalty theme? Idk. But unlike some other songs where I actively dislike them more the longer it goes on, this one got better to me. So good choice on you. I feel like Demgirl6 will have a wildly different opinion on this one but maybe not. *3/10*

Deme- Opening this link felt like a jumpscare. I wasn't expecting this at ALL, and like... no, I don't hate it, actually? Something about it just seems kinda... eh, though. Like, it feels like some TV intro type song. Oh my god stop it's from SONIC? WHAT. *8/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 5.5. This tied with another team, but you left the pit stop second. You left the detour fifth.

-
Roadblock: My Love by Florence + The Machine

Jaxon- This is another top pick off her 2022 album for me, probably a top 3 maybe top 2 song. From the start with the intro, to the finish this one is just put together extremely beautifully. You feeeel this song, in my opinion. Extremely iconic choice, it is Jaxon approved! *3/10*

Krystal- I can’t remember how I felt about this song from the title alone, so guess I’m about to find out. I do think her voice is very pretty here, but it is missing a strong quality to it right now to pull me in. Like I love the chorus to bits, duh, but the song is relying far too hard on it to carry the weight of the song. I still like the song, but compared to some of her older stuff, it just doesn’t hold up in a ranking of songs all by Florence if that makes sense. *8/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 5.5. This tied with another team, but you left the detour first. You left the roadblock fourth.

-
Your two placements of 5th & 4th gave you an overall average of 4.5. I am pleased to tell you that you are the THIRD team to arrive at the pit stop.
608 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
The 4th team to arrive is... Rosalina & Luma
Detour: Princesses Don’t Cry by Aviva

Josh- Oh she was cute. Idk I don't have much notes for this one. It makes me want to explore her music a bit more. I got a taste for Aviva and I want more. I think the verses kind of outsell the chorus on this one. The chorus is easily the weakest point of the sign. I think we could cut out some fat from the song and take out one of the choruses. Just kind of went on a bit too long with "princesses dont cry, dont cry, dont cry oh dont cry" but maybe thats just personal taste there. *4/10*

Deme- Oh, I am like... not mad at this. I really like her voice, the instrumental works well with it, and I like the lyrics, too. It's a good pick all around. *5/10*

The two scores combined, plus 10 pre-averaged penalty points from the speedbump, gave you an overall average of 9.5. You left the detour tenth. (*Original average was 4.5)

-
Roadblock: Howl by Florence + The Machine

Krystal- Howl is one of my favorite songs, like ever, just because I go back to it again and again. It has this sort of frantic pacing, a supernatural element (which I love), and Florence’s voice absolutely wrecks itself in the most beautiful way. The energy of the song is just all the time, like it never stops, and I love a song that can hold me there and not let me go for even a second. Like I keep getting lost in the song and going oh yeah ranking, right. Anyway, take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/10*

Jaxon- This is definitely one of my top picks off her OG Lungs album. It’s just one of those songs that pull me in from the start and keep me captivated throughout the entire song. For me, this song will end up doing extremely well- but hoping it is enough to overcome that speedbump will be the main concern for you this round me thinks. *2/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 5.5. You left the roadblock first.

-
Your 2 placements of 10th & 1st gave you an overall average of 5.5. This tied with three other teams, but you left the roadblock first. I am pleased to tell you that you are the FOURTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
608 days 14 hours ago
CocoVanderbilt
i told you all howl was so good
608 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
The 5th team to arrive is... The Animal Pact
Detour: Queen by Jessie J

Josh- Jessie J is Threatening to Release a New Album!!!!!! Thats one of my favorite headlines ever. That writer was truly feral and stepping on Jessie's throat and for what??? This song was cute. Women empowerment, showcasing beauty in all shapes and sizes. Love her for that and love that for her. Like its not winning song of the year or anything but yeah its perfectly okay. *7/10*

Deme- Hi Jessie J! I forgot you existed. Great vocals from her, not shocking, but I... do not like whatever's going on with the instrumental. Oh. And now she's doing something with her voice here that I... hate? I don't hate the chorus, at least! But uh... the rest of it. Hm. *10/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 8.5. This tied with another team, but you left the pit stop second. You left the detour eighth.

-
Roadblock: Cosmic Love by Florence + The Machine

Krystal- It is a little surprising this song hasn’t been used yet. I really love Cosmic Love because it’s soft and beautiful and sort of mournful? It feels like a really lonely song, but it’s also made to be super pretty with this instrumental going on and the overall feeling is very much being alone in space. I’ve always held a soft spot for this one. *2/10*

Jaxon- Ohh, I love the drums in this one. This just has the undeniable Florence feel and OG sound that really is just so magical. Her vocals pop off so good in this one where she just gets to howl at the end and I have no complaints(to be expected lol). I think this was a very strong start to this round for me<3. *5/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 3.5. This tied with another team, but you left the detour second. You left the roadblock third.

-
Your two placements of 8th & 3rd gave you an overall average of 5.5. This tied with three other teams, but you left the roadblock second. I am pleased to tell you that you are the FIFTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
608 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
The 6th team to arrive is... Lavender Ladies
Detour: Cheap Queen by King Princess

Deme- Oh, hi King Princess. The vocals? Love. That "entertain such useless phrases" bit? I love, I do. Oh. Oh, this is a completely different song, isn't it. Okay. I mean, I still like it! Just... the intro was so good... *4/10*

Josh- what... I was so confused by the song changing a minute into it?? And like.. It was for the better? Kind of. My opinion kind of got lower as the song went on. Idk like... The music video was more interesting than the song. It happened I guess. Is this my week I'm going to snap like Coco? "I have so much to say but i'll try not to say a lot" *8/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 6. You left the detour sixth.

-
Roadblock: What Kind of Man by Florence + The Machine

Krystal- I love What Kind Of Man! Or… I think so…? I don’t really remember or like the intro that much. It just sounds like her vocals are slowed down a bit too much. I do love when there’s some guitar and backup vocals, though, because that’s when this song starts to fucking kill it. I’m absolutely obsessed with this part, so that must be what I liked from it originally. I think this song would be perfect if the intro was cut down a little bit because it’s just so weird to listen to in comparison to the rest of the song. *5/10*

Jaxon- Not gonna lie, How B___ x3 isn’t one of my go to Florence albums, but oooo is this a fun Florence song. The harder rock undertones in this one is a really fun mix up for her. I really don’t have any negative to say about this bestie, but I assume that will be a reoccuring theme throughout this round for me.  *6/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 5.5. This tied with another team, but you left the detour second. You left the roadblock fifth.

-
Your two placements of 6th & 5th gave you an overall average of 5.5. This tied with three other teams, but you left the roadblock third. I am pleased to tell you that you are the SIXTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
608 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
The 7th team to arrive is... #TeamMarina
Detour: queen of broken hearts by Blackbear

Deme- Oh wow, super strong start, actually. The vocals? I love? They work perfectly with the instrumental - and I really really love the vocal effects that pop up here and there. Great pick. *2/10*

Josh- The backing beat during the chorus had an almost tropical feel to it which was fun. I was surprised how much I liked this song. Is Mr. Blackbear you know... spongebob hand limp wrist picture here. Usually men, especially in the music industry, are too macho and sensitive to refer to themselves as a queen. Like I get its a queen of hearts reference from alice in wonderland but like I'm shook he didnt try to change it to king of broken hearts. Love that for him. I only know him from his song he features in with Avril other than this and thats 2/2 songs I like with Mr. Bear. Will I explore his music further? Not unless someone makes me again. *6/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 4. You left the detour third.

-
Roadblock: You’ve Got The Love by Florence + The Machine

Krystal- I do love this song as well, though this is starting to feel a bit redundant because there are few songs by Florence I hate. The energy here is really vibrant and lyrics like “When food is gone, you are my daily need,” are really powerful. I do think this song is uplifted by the vibrant chorus, but it sometimes feels like other areas are a little weaker in comparison, and it falls into that trap of repeating itself a little too much, so it won’t be as high as others for me. *6/10*

Jaxon- Oh I just know Krystal is gonna love getting this instead of you’ve got the dirtee love LOL.  This is kinda a Florence classic & one of her few major mega hits IMO. It’s a really amazing song, and it does reside on my playlist. The composition of this song is just a chefs kiss. It’s a bit of a safe pick in terms of her discography, but an amazing song nonetheless.  *7/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 6.5. You left the roadblock eighth.

-
Your two placements of 3rd & 8th gave you an overall average of 5.5. This tied with three other teams, but you left the roadblock fourth. I am pleased to tell you that you are the SEVENTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
608 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
The 8th team to arrive is... Purple Parrots
Detour: Prince Johnny by St. Vincent

Deme- ...Okay, wow, kind of torn here? I love the vocals, I love the instrumental, but something about them together is just kinda... 😬... wait, did she just say she snorted part of the Berlin wall? I- Anyways! The longer I listen, the more it grows on me, so like... yeah, no, this is valid! It is. *7/10*

Josh- So like... I dont want people to get the wrong opinon that I hate slow songs because that slow one last round got 3rd but like..... I was bored. I felt like I was stuck watching a gospel choir church performance. For how long it went on too it was just very.. blah. Was eagerly waiting for it to end. Like the wailing and howling... i was over it. Good luck tho! *10/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 8.5. This tied with another team, but you left the pit stop first. You left the detour seventh.

-
Roadblock: Big God by Florence + The Machine

Jaxon- Listen to me close, because you just CLOCKED me for the third round in a fucking row. Big God is my 2nd favorite Florence song out of them all. The just FEEL of this one is so amazing to me, and it is just so encompassing. This song slayed me when I first heard it, it slays me every time she pops up on my playlist, and she slayed me today. I also stan the grudge noises she makes in this song, icon. You ate this round bestie. *1/10*

Krystal- I’ll admit to not being obsessed with this last I listened, or so I think. I’m sure Jaxon will love it, though. Something about the panting takes me out of it because I’m like uh? And overall, the song’s pacing is just too slow for me and that’s almost agonizing, even if her voice makes up for it. I just don’t like the way it seems to drag. *10/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 5.5. This tied with two other teams, but you left the detour third. You left the roadblock sixth.

-
Your two placements of 7th & 6th gave you an overall average of 6.5. This tied with another team, but you left the roadblock first. I am pleased to tell you that you are the EIGHTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
608 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
The 9th team to arrive is...
Fallen Angels
Detour: Queen by Loren Gray

Josh- A much better pick than your original choice imo. Glad we got this and not Florence. It was fine. Didn't change my life but could potentially go back to it again in the future. *5/10*

Deme- Fan of the opening, like her vocals, like the instrumental - yeah, I don't hate this at all? The more I listen, the more I'm into it. Great pick! Was it better than your other one...? I don't know because I forget your original post! 💖 Josh will probably like it more, though, so...! *6/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 5.5. This tied with another team, but you left the pit stop first. You left the detour fourth.

-
Roadblock: Ship To Wreck by Florence + The Machine

Krystal- I don’t remember being obsessed with Ship To Wreck, though I also don’t remember hating it particularly. I think it’s the type of song I would listen to mostly when I came upon it, never a song I actively sought out. The lyrics are beautiful and powerful and she delivers it all so strongly, and I do think the repetition here of the title works just well enough because of the way it was built up. Honestly thinking I need to give it a listen more in the future. *7/10*

Jaxon- Another upbeat Florence one! The lyrics in this one are a fun one to listen to, and I think she goes through this song pretty well. Her vocals amaze me per usual, and it is just a fun little Florence bop to listen to with a killer ending. *9/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 8. You left the roadblock ninth.

-
Your two placements of 4th & 9th gave you an overall average of 6.5. This tied with another team, but you left the roadblock second. I am pleased to tell you that you are the NINTH team to arrive at the pit stop. Winning & using the U-Turn on the right team, just might have let you race another round.

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!