This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 2: Results Show

Topic » Round 2: Results Show

755 days 8 hours ago
Jaxon
755 days 8 hours ago
CocoVanderbilt
Arrives
755 days 8 hours ago
Jaxon
If I call your name, please step forward....
James
Amber
Sean
Scotty
Kellen
Krista

You six make up our highs and lows of the round.
755 days 8 hours ago
Jaxon
In 4th we have... Sandy with Little Bit by Terror Jr
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jaxon- Oh this generic bubblegum pop sound is so good. You’re not wrong with your commentary, it is kinda a really safe sound to go with- but you’re not the only one who did so IMO. I definitely love all the different elements this song has, like her voice pops off, the upbeat sound is always an appeal, and it all just comes together to be this really nice song that will likely be added to my playlist. *3/12*

Deme- Immediately love whatever is going on here. Instrumental is great, vocals work perfectly - the longer it goes, the more I like it! Great job. *7/12*

Josh- I really enjoyed the sounds of this song. It was just something that I could really vibe to.  You said you're playing it safe this week for yourself and I think that might pay off for you this week. *5/12*

Krystal- This song doesn’t waste time and just hops right in, which I appreciate. This voice is really soft and yet there’s something to it that I can’t quite put my finger on that I like. This song flows in a fun way, going up and down up and down in a way that has motion. It’s just really sweet and lively and feels so good with the instrumental and voice. I didn’t think I’d like this so much because it’s not my usual tastes, but I do! *4/12*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 4.75. This ranked you FOURTH overall this round.
755 days 8 hours ago
Jaxon
In 5th we have... Max with Polly by Dora Jar
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Krystal- Loving the instrumental already at the start. And her voice is really soft and a bit echo-y, something I enjoy quite a lot. The chorus… kind of sucks with it. It sounds like FEMM, which I love, but it feels like it doesn’t fit at times that pulls me right out of the music. I do start to like it more as it goes further in, though, so it does seem like a song that would grow on you from a couple listens, and I really like how it feels all staticky. *2/12*

Josh- This song was one note for me. I kind of had trouble focusing on it just simply because there is nothing that was too captivating. It was okay but not the best of the week by any means. *11/12*

Jaxon- I’m kind of very back and forth on this song to be quite honest. I think the chorus is extremely catchy and something I vibe with really well, but then the verses are just kind of off sounding to me? Or maybe it is vise versa, because when listening to it in sections individually both ways sound good, but something about listening to it all together there are just parts that seem like they don’t fit in well for me. I’m kind of mixed and I’m not sure where this will go because on one hand I liked it a lot, and then the other I just don’t know. *7/12*

Deme- My first thought was "what the fuck is going on here", but that's always a sign of good things, so...! The song itself is so so fun, and super different from the other ones I've heard this week so far. I love it?  *4/12*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 6. This ranked you FIFTH overall this round.
755 days 8 hours ago
Jaxon
In 6th we have... Alex with Little Bother by King Princess, Foushee
Jaxon- Oh this round turned around, because this song was another slay back to back in my listening order. I really can’t explain what exactly is really standing out to me as something that I really enjoyed about this song, but there is something there. It might be the production and the ‘hazy’ sounding vocals, but this is definitely song that I probably will be adding to my playlist and I was a fan of her. *4/12*

Deme- Oh wow, alright, the vocals are immediately gorgeous. I love when they overlap, I loove when the instrumental kicks in a little more, wow wow wow? *6/12*

Josh- It's funny I've never actually listened to king princess but I just recently got introduced to them through the show is it cake on Netflix. Hopefully this isn't a representation of their music overall of their music overall because I didn't love this song nothing really stood out too much to me. *10/12*

Krystal- I like exactly one King Princess song. This singer is great for those types of songs that make you feel sad and a little dissociated, which I’m getting from this song in spades. There’s something almost creepy and eerie to this song at times, which carries over with a nervous energy that somehow works well with the instrumental. The song also has that static sound I like and it’s just like a little messy in a way that works. *6/12*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 6.5. This ranked you SIXTH overall this round.
755 days 8 hours ago
Jaxon
In 7th we have... Ali with THE WAY IT IS by morgxn
Deme- 🐼. Right away I looove the vocals, wow wow wow. Gorgeous. The instrumental works super well with them, and the chorus - I love? I love? Great pick! *5/12*

Josh- So when the song started I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. Something about it felt like it was just like one of those popular songs you'd hear on the radio in the early 2000s thousands that no one knows who they are anymore. *7/12*

Jaxon- Oh the intro instrumentals are just so good. I don’t know my instruments but whatever that guitar string is, I’m always obsessed with it when I hear it. Kinda a pet peeve of mine, but I truly don’t like when male artists get reallllly high with their vocals like he did at some points. This song to me really screams that Josh will love it, but for me it’s more so just kind of inoffensive and kind of boring to listen to. Like I probably wouldn’t listen to it again, but it didn’t upset me having to listen to it? Just kind of an average song. *10/12*

Krystal- Panda head! Oh my gosh he’s wearing it. 🐼 This voice is really enjoyable to listen to, and it feels pretty raw somehow, like I can hear the sharpness of his voice on notes, which I like quite a lot. I think his singing has a lot of emotion, and when he gets loud, I just really vibe with that. Like the instrumental perfectly suits his voice, and it all meshes so well. I do admit he has a bit of a whiny voice at times, but it’s not such a detriment to it and more a personal taste thing. *7/12*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 7.25. This ranked you SEVENTH overall this round.
755 days 8 hours ago
Jaxon
In 8th we have... Josh with Ruff Me Up by Brooke Hogan
Josh- The song sounds like a knock off mixup between like a Britney Spears song and a Rihanna song And honestly I am kind of here for it. It just gives me such a early 2000s pop girl and I love it. I don't see a song beating this one for me this week. *1/12*

Deme- Oh wow this is... is it weird to say it's giving Britney vibes? Is that weird? I didn't like it at first, but there's something about it I... kind of love? I don't even know. *11/12*

Jaxon- So kinda a fun fact, but my best friends dad was a wrestler who was really good friends with Hulk Hogan so like she has met Brooke Hogan before as a kid. Um, the autotune in this one is kinda killing me I’m ngl. Like is Brooke an icon? Of course. Is there a reason this song has less than 100,000 views with a semi-notable name… probably. Like honestly, this wasn’t my least favorite song this round… but it’s down there, I’m sorry babes :(. I do think that Krystal & Deme will really like the synth and autotune sound to this one tho! *11/12*

Krystal- I’m already getting some like super over-the-top synth vibes. Oh, wow, is she trying to be Britney Spears in the early 2000s? I’m really into it despite my original concerns. Like there’s something about it that makes me feel that dance-y energy and it’s just super fun even if it’s a little too Britney sounding for it to be an accident. I just… wish it wasn’t so close, as one of my few complaints. *8/12*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 7.75. This ranked you EIGHTH overall this round.
755 days 8 hours ago
Jaxon
In 9th we have... Jess with Drive by Jaylen Roach
Jaxon- Oh?? What tengaged user? All in all, this song is falling into the same place a lot of the songs are for me this round. It has a really nice generic pop beat that always is nice to hear in a song, but it also is coming off as a bit unoffensive, save, and kinda just average in the grand scheme of things. I like the song, I don’t really have anything negative to say about it, his vocals were pretty nice sounding, it just didn’t slay me away for an easy top spot. *8/12*

Krystal- Is this him??? https://tengaged.com/user/Jaylen23 Okay, onto the actual song and not me stalking him online because I was curious… I thought this was a very familiar voice, but I think maybe he just has a kind of typical singing voice, which isn’t bad at all because his voice is just smooth and nice and works well with the beat. And when he gets emotional and the instrumental kicks in with it? It’s just really meshing well, like a lot of the songs I’ve heard recently. *9/12*

Deme- This is a Tengaged user? What? What?? What. 😳 ...I love the vocals here? Wow? The instrumental works perfectly with them and it's just... a bop. Great pick. *8/12*

Josh- This song actually has a really good production and the voice is really well. The voice actually reminds me of some mainstream singer who I can't quite my finger on. Maybe Sam Smith?  When you said it was someone on this site I thought it was going to be some low budget sounding auto tuned to hell song but this exceeded my expectations. *8/12*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 8.25. This ranked you NINTH overall this round.
755 days 8 hours ago
Jaxon
In 3rd we have... Scotty with Go The Distance by New Rules
Deme- Oh oh oh I looove the vocals here, I do, I do! The instrumental works so well, and it's so fun when the chorus kicks in, yes yes yes - great pick! *1/12*

Josh- This was a really good song. I think the course is just a tiny bit weak but I think the verses were good enough that it really made up for it and the beat and the sound of the song overall was just shockingly good. *4/12*

Jaxon- This song actually kinda slayed me a tiny bit. I think the vocals heard in this song were some of the most appealing male vocals I heard in this round. Something about it kinda just fit really nicely all together and this was definitely a highlight for me this round. The entire vibe of the song was just fun and easy to listen to and I definitely see this song doing well overall. *5/12*

Krystal- This is another singing voice that sounds very typical, which sounds a little harsh but it starts to improve as the song gets further in even if he starts sounding like one of the Jonas Brothers. Maybe Nick? Why do I know how they sound individually? A mystery. I really enjoy this song now at the chorus, like it has energy to it that is so catchy and it’s just like dance-y. This song is just fun and silly to me. *3/12*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.25. This ranked you THIRD overall this round.
755 days 8 hours ago
Jaxon
In 2nd we have... Krista with cult leader by KiNG MALA
Jaxon- Okay, honestly, this is for me a HUGE step up from last round. This song has a very edgy sound to it that I kinda really like. She has a really myserteous and dark kinda sound to her that I like a lot! I’d say my one complaint with this song is it felt a little bit short and I really feel like after a pause in the music at the end it could have given another chorus, but thats pretty minimal. If my one complaint is the song wasn’t long enough, thats always a good sign in my eyes. *2/12*

Krystal- I’m already getting some eerie sounds from this song, especially with the way the instrumental deliberately drags in a way that’s appealing to listen to with the backup vocals and the way the vocals sound. I really like when it starts to pick up because there’s just so much distortion and an odd energy to it that’s somewhat elegant and murderous all at the same time. *5/12*

Josh- The song was really good I really enjoyed it a lot. It's the last song to rank overall and honestly it's a really good way to end this week. That being said listening to all the other songs already I don't think it's the best of the best this week to me but I do think the song is going to place very highly overall. *3/12*

Deme- Okay. Okay. I love this, actually. It's so creepy and vibe-y and just... yes? I don't know what I was expecting from a song called cult leader but, honestly, it should've been exactly this? Great pick! *2/12*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3. This ranked you SECOND overall this round.
755 days 8 hours ago
Jaxon
The winner is...
Kellen with Selfish by Good Boy Daisy
Krystal- I like Good Boy Daisy quite a lot, and I found Selfish to be a really appealing release. It really picks up at that chorus and when her voice is all raw and kind of angry, I’m instantly in love. Like hell yes, misery loves company just LIKE YOU. Get his ass. There’s just something about a song like this that really catches my attention and holds it because the instrumental adds this sort of static sound I like that pairs so well with her raw voice cracks. Take my #1 for knowing my music tastes apparently! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/12*

Deme- Pretty sure at least one, if not two, of the other judges are gonna Love this. I looove the vocals here, and the instrumental is so good? I wasn't sure I'd like the kinda abrupt change between the chorus and the verses but like... no, this goes off, actually? Great pick! *3/12*

Josh- Honestly I just really loved this song I loved the words I love the message the voice was okay. Could have been better singing but I just think the overall song, the words, the sound makes up for maybe the lack of professional sounding voice. *2/12*

Jaxon- Ever since Gray was posted in season 5 by resident JUSCC champion Braden… I have been OBSESSED with Good Boy Daisy (it helps they only have like….6 or 7 songs…). It kind of pains me to see them in this category… because they deserve all the views in the world :/. I wouldn’t say ANY Good Boy Daisy song is a guaranteed #1… but hot damn you nailed it for me because Gray & Selfish are my top two songs and one can’t be used again. This song has pretty much everything I look for in a song, it has a great beat, it has some angry and sassy vocals in it, and its lyrics are kinda iconic. You slayed me this week, you did. *1/12*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 1.75. This ranked you FIRST overall this round. Congratulations on your round win, and earning immunity for round 3.
755 days 8 hours ago
Jaxon
James... Amber... Sean...

You three make up our bottom three this round.
755 days 8 hours ago
Jaxon
In 10th we have...
Amber with Missing You by Lauren Weintraub
Jaxon- Is it just me or does this song have slight country vibes with it? That isn’t a problem for me, it just has a very similar stripped down feeling that you’d hear in a ballad in that genre which is cute. I honestly quite enjoyed this one. If I had one critique that is stopping me from going from ‘I liked this a lot’ to ‘holy shit this slayed me away’ is I feel like in a really stripped down and emotional song, I want to feel more emotion from an artist to have that slay factor. Not saying it was completely missing in this song, and it’s only a minor critique. Overall, I liked this song :). *6/12*

Krystal- There is a very soft, understated instrumental here that works well paired with her voice which has quite a lot of emotion and manages to have this flow to it that really worked well to me. However, there reaches a point where she’s very emotional singing and the instrumental just doesn’t cut it because it stagnates for me. *11/12*

Deme- Her voice is so so pretty, so love that! Wasn't a huge fan of the song itself, though... 😔 *12/12*

Josh- This song was really cute. I think it perfectly and captured that feeling of after a break up when you want nothing more than to talk to the person or think about them but that's just gonna lead to even more hurt and you just have to cut them off even though you still miss them. *6/12*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 8.75. This ranked you TENTH overall this round.
755 days 8 hours ago
Jaxon
James... Sean...

Two gamebot icons stand in front of me.

You both were separated by 0.25 in the averages.

One of you made too large of a miscalculation.

The person being eliminated is...
In 12th we have... Sean with Hypocrite by Spose
Josh- Wow, spose talk about a throwback.  I'm gonna say the only song I knew of his was I'm awesome and that was like so long ago I feel like. The song has really good political commentary in it which is surprising and a song and after such a big hit he had its shocking that hes kind of fallen off the wagon enough to make it into this round. *9/12*

Jaxon- Oh, honestly, I kinda see Deme stanning this one. Rap is always a risky choice to go with in my opinion. It just isn’t my favorite genre. However, I do appreciate the comedy in this rap, it’s always a positive feature for me. I really was not a fan at all of his singing voice, it kinda sounded lazy, and it probably was intentional, but it just wasn’t for me really? Then the screaming at the very end… it was a look. I don’t know, this is probably the first song for me that breached out of the positive to average zone into the average to negative zone for me… which has me a bit worried about how the other judges will feel about it. *12/12*

Krystal- I like the odd sound to this because it gives me Weird Al vibes for some reason, which I don’t know how to explain. I think the rap is well-done and it works well with the instrumental, but this feels like the kind of song that you enjoy less the longer it goes on because it starts to drag. This song should be shorter. *12/12*

Deme- There's something about this I hate but also something about it I... love...? I'm so torn? I think it's a bop? Great pick? *9/12*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 10.5. This ranked you TWELFTH overall this round. Unfortunately, this does mean you have placed last and been eliminated. However, we look forward to seeing you in the returnee round.
755 days 8 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means, in 11th... James with Blue & White by HYYTS
Jaxon- I liked the beat in this song a lot. It was really catchy and just overall a good vibe to listen to. I liked the first guys vocals a loooooot more than I did the second guys. The higher pitch was just a wee bit grating. But I think the song had a really great buildup from start to finish and it progressed very organically and in an appealing way. All in all, I don’t think this song will be my favorite of the round, but I definitely don’t hate it as much as I did your previous submission. It will be very dependent on what else has been submitted for me. *9/12*

Krystal- I do like these soft, chill vibes coming from the song, but the voices are a little too quiet at first. I do like how the voices harmonize together, but there are times where there is a little too much synth overtaking them which takes away from the song to me. *10/12*

Josh- This song kind of came and went for me. Not much happened try tried to focus on it was kind of bored and then the song ended. *12/12*

Deme- ...Okay wait, the instrumental? The double vocals? I kind of love this? It's just got such a vibe to it. Great pick. *10/12*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 10.25. This ranked you ELEVENTH overall this round.

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!