This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 14: The Grand Finale

Topic » Round 14: The Grand Finale

802 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
To start, I have a little bit of extra for you! This season some judges gave some final thoughts xx...

Coco: all 3 of you should be really proud of yourselves. I hope you enjoyed playing this season and I am super happy for you all

Christian: amazing job all three of you, best of luck to each one of you. you'd all be amazing winners.
802 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
All three of you should be proud of yourselves for making it this far!

Australian Mist- You have been a power house within this competition. Your first round started off pretty rocky, landing yourself in the bottom three. From there, you put your head in the game and kept it there until the end. After that, you NEVER scored lower than 5th place overall, and secured yourself ‘High’ placements with five of them being round wins. You were the contestant everybody had their eyes on as their biggest competition and the one to beat. Will your dominant performance continue into the finale, or will you crack under the pressure when you needed it the most?

Russian Blue- You’re performances this season were slow burns, you played a very cautious and calculated game to make sure you stayed within the ‘safe’ region for as long as possible. Despite never winning a round, you capitalized on the fact that winning a round means nothing in terms of getting you to the end- all that matters is not getting last. Throughout this season you were able to secure yourself three ‘High’ placements and turned into a dark horse that would come in from the behind and snatch the win away at the end. Will the stars align for you tonight and leave you with getting your first win in the round it mattered the most?

Savannah- You entered this competition with a bang, securing the first win of the season. From there, you never once played this game safe! You stayed true to yourself and knew to win big you would have to play big. As a result, your chart has been a roller coaster of ups and downs… but in those ups you were able to secure eight ‘High’ placements this season, with three of those being round wins. Will you end this journey at the top, or will the finale be the moment you go up in flames?
802 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
With that being said...

Let's get to the results!
802 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
I will first announce the finale variable determined by average placement over the entire season....

Season Averages-
Australian Mist: 3.38 (+.20 variable)
Russian Blue: 5.54 (+.60 variable)
Savannah: 4.31 (+.40 variable)
802 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
In 3rd place we have...
The Russian Blue!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Song About Winning: Edge Of Glory by Lady Gaga

Jaxon- Oh mom, this is an iconic Gaga song. I think beyond all of the, automatic like yes miss gaga has killer vocals, and she knows how to make a chart topping hit for the right reasons, and she truly is an icon in the industry… this song just makes a LOT of sense for this category. I am not one to be the biggest supporter of using super obvious songs for my competition, you almost have an edge with posting something I don’t know, but this song just makes WAY too much sense to have not been used before season 6. *1/3*

Kinny- Eh I’m not a huge Lady Gaga fan… this song is OK but super overplayed imo and thus has lost a bit of its impact for me unfortunately. Not a terrible choice but didn’t really stand out as anything special imo. *3/3*

Christian- I'm shocked this...hasn't been submitted before...? You all brought your A-game this week, and while this is a classic, I feel for me personally it didn't quite land as hard as the other two...but you did great still! Best of luck hugs (3/3)

Coco- I have been wondering all season long why none submitted a Lady Gaga song, because she is such an extremely talented singer. She is one of my all time faves and THIS SONG is my ALL time favorite Lady Gaga song. I'm not really listening to it nowadays but this song is freaking amazing. I love this pick, I wish I had picked this last season!! *1/3*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 2. This tied with another contestant, and the judges were deadlocked 2-2. In the backup ranking of all 9 songs you scored higher at 5.25. This ranked you second in this category.

-
Favorite Previous Performance: Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae

Jaxon- Everything I said about it last round stands true, this is one of my all time favorites. You have a lot of really classic timeless hits in your lineup of songs used this season, and I’m sure that made it hard to choose just one! This song would have fared well with me, and not gotten last, in 99% of situations. The only other song I would say may fare just a little bit better with me is Holding Out For A Hero… but even then I still think it would have placed the same. A classic timeless hit that I love, it feels right with this lineup of three songs to be right in the middle for me. *2/3*

Kinny- Ugh I feel so bad ranking this third. I adore this song but I think it pales when put next to some upbeat and decently done songs. I’m really sorry  I hope another judge ranks this high to make up for my rank. *3/3*

Coco- Out of the 3 songs here, I feel that this one is the weakest here. I think Dopamine is an absolute BOP and I really love POP/Stars. I don't think this was a bad choice, however compared to the other 2 this falls behind them. *3/3*

Christian- What a beautiful song...she really has such a beautiful voice and I feel compared to a lot more of the faster paced songs, this stood out for all the right reasons. Loved it so so so much! Great pick! (2/3)

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2.5. This ranked you third in this category.

-
Winners Single: Replay by Zendaya

Kinny- I reallly like this song; Zendaya is super talented and despite how repetitive it is, I don’t really get sick of it which is a good sign in a song. I do prefer the song I ranked first though (just because it falls more into my genre of music and i felt it was more dynamic). Nonetheless a nice choice. Good luck! *2/3*

Coco- I felt mixed with this pick. I think Zendaya has a nice voice, but I didn't feel anything special about this song. I want to feel SOMETHING when it comes to winner's single and to me.. it just didn't really deliver. It was a decent song tho. *2/3*

Christian- Eh for me it was a little too...techno for my liking. I would've preferred the song without the OTT dubstep effects in the background personally. Best of luck! (3/3)

Jaxon- After so long… hmmm… if you are who I think you are, is two seasons really that long… :o! Or am I off, and you are a true surprise that will make my jaw drop! This song was very catchy, it was very polished, it was made to be liked by the listeners in a ‘safe’ way (that doesn’t mean bad in my eyes). I don’t think it made a big enough impression to be my #1 of this category, but it definitely worked well enough for me to say I liked the song and think it was a good choice. Good luck king or queen! You have been great to see compete this season. *2/3*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2.25. This ranked you third in this category.

-
Your three ranks of 2nd + 3rd + 3rd and an additional 0.60 = 8.6 / 3 = 2.86 as an overall average. This ranked you THIRD overall. Congratulations on your performance this season!
802 days 2 hours ago
Christian_
my life would be 20x easier if jaxon used maybe 20x less dots.
802 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
The Australian Mist... The Savannah...

It all comes down to this.

The masked cat being crowned the winner is...
The Savannah Cat!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Song About Winning: Let Them Know by Mabel

Kinny- I’ll be honest; I really didn’t love this song. Like it was OK but a song about winning could be soooo much stronger and pump you up more. I also don’t love her voice, but your song was less boring than the others + had a better beat imo which matters to me a lot so you get 1st in this category from me. *1/3*

Coco- I love Mabel's voice and I think this was an awesome pick as well. This is a unique pick and I really enjoyed listening to it. *2/3*

Jaxon- Oh this song slayed me and it had every right to. The beat was really iconic, the vocals were calculated and catchy, the lyrics were truly a serve. This is a great intro to your catalogue of three finale songs, and it is a great way to start off the finale in my opinion. It is high energy, it is something I’ve never heard of, and it is truly something that I do have to sit here and appreciate. This category looks to be the most stacked of the three off first glance, so I’m not 100% sure where this will land… but it is definitely fighting for a top spot. *3/3*

Christian- I really loved these vibes! It was so strong throughout, and she has such a catchy voice. Definitely one of my favorite performances of yours the entire season! (1/3)

The four scores combined gave you an average of 1.75. This ranked you first in this category.

-
Favorite Previous Performance: Dopamine by Purple Disco Machine

Jaxon- Using your first song of the competition, it is a very Jaxon way of thinking- so I really get where you are coming from with this one. You came into this season putting your best foot forward- and you really did slay us all away with this one. The only other song that I would have suggested for you to use is Pink Pony Club, but for me Dopamine is a stronger song, and it will without a doubt be getting my 1 in this category. It represents your journey in this competition wonderfully! *1/3*

Kinny- This is a fun song; I like it still and I’m glad you shared this with us. It is a biiit repetitive but more upbeat than the song I ranked last so middle-ground for me. *2/3*

Christian- I definitely think this was your smartest choice as you really knocked it out of the park this week. One of my songs from the season I added to my playlist, and for good reason! Definitely the hardest category for me to rank since all three were AMAZING songs, so if this is last just know its not because of this! Very well done Miss Savannah! (3/3)

Coco- This song is in my personal top 3 songs this season and there was no question that Dopamine would win this round for me. I absolutely love the singer's voice and the entire vibe of this song is awesome. *1/3*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 1.75. This tied with another contestant, and the judges were deadlocked 2-2. In the backup ranking, you scored higher at 2.25. This ranked you first in this category.

-
Winners Single: Kissing Strangers by Vetta Borne

Coco- I personally feel like this was the weakest round out of the 3, however I like this pick. I think the singer's voice is very unique. *1/3*

Christian- I think this was probably your weakest submission (which says a lot that I'm not ranking this one last in the category), this song is a bop but it gets a bit stale halfway through for me personally, still enjoyed though! (2/3)

Kinny- Honestly I was expecting to hate this when I first clicked it idk why maybe the thumbnail, but it wasn’t a bad song at all. Unfortunately the other songs are more to my taste, but I can see this doing well with another judge. *3/3*

Jaxon- Oh this song is getting heart eyes from me! This song is a vibe through and through, and it is a style of music I really fuck with myself. I have 0 complaints, and honestly, this will be being added to my playlist because it is truly a bop. You have been a stellar performer all season, you have had your ups and downs, but with this finale… I think you have the strongest lineup of three songs of everyone. This is obviously from my perspective, but you at least have it from me no matter what happens at this results show! *1/3*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 1.75. This ranked you first in this category.

-
Your three ranks of 1st + 1st + 1st and an additional 0.40 = 3.4 / 3 = 1.13 as an overall average. This ranked you FIRST overall... which means, congratulations! You are officially the winner of Jaxon's Ultimate Song Choice Competition: Masked!
802 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
Which means, in 2nd is the Australian Mist!
Song About Winning: Alive by Sia

Christian- I know Jaxon hates Sia so LMAO gl with that one...but for me personally I don't know if you caught me in the right mood~ but this really resonated with me just like it did when it first came out. One of, if not her best, song by far. Amazing choice! (2/3)

Jaxon- Oh Sias vocals always get me, and she usually gets tanked bc the regular judges are not Sia fans (Just ask Coco…). I am fully convinced that you are the final rookie of the season, and with your explanation… it makes sense that you were able to beat out some great newcomers, some of my all time favorite previous contestants, the three regular judges, and if I’m right about who the other 2 people are, you are sitting next to two more of my all time favorites. And beyond all that, from week 1 with Scrawny, I saw potential in that submission and had 0 doubt you would be in for the long run in this game (Ask Charlie!). You were one of my favorites this season and I think this song really does symbolize your journey- and everyone else’s journey. *2/3*

Coco- Sia... Sia is one of my all time favorite singers and I was so excited when I read "Sia".. but then I saw that it was Alive. One of the only songs from Sia that I personally don't really like. I just don't think it's a good song... Helium, Angel by the Wings, Never Give Up, Unstoppable.. so so many amazing Sia songs that would have easily ranked you first... but unfortunately not this one. *3/3*

Kinny- I wasn’t sure where I wanted to rank this tbh. The vocals were the best for sure + I liked how this song sorta resonated. I just felt like the 1st place song was a bit catchier and stuck in my head more though. Still a decent song though. *2/3*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2. This tied with another contestant, and the judges were deadlocked 2-2. In the backup ranking of all 9 songs, you scored lower at 6.25. This ranked you third in this category.

-
Favorite Previous Performance: POP/STARS by K/DA, Madison Beer, (G)I-DLE, Jaira Burns

Kinny- My nerdy self has to rank this first  I think it’s the most dynamic out of the three submissions this round; it has many interesting elements and the collab itself is amazing. *1/3*

Coco- I love this song, it's on my playlist and I think this is a great pick, however it's not something that make me as excited as Dopamine. *2/3*

Jaxon- Piggy backing off my previous commentary, you have been one of my favorites this season from the very start. There are multiple songs that could have fought hard for my number 1 rank in this category: Death Wish, My Type, I’ll Stand By You, Day I Die, Learn To Let Go, Legends Never Die… and the list goes on. Would all of those have been your best overall choice? Probably not. But it some I think may have fared better overall. It shouldn’t come as a surprise to you… but this song will easily be last in this category for me- if it works out for you, good for you! If not, don’t blame me! *3/3*

Christian- It was a bop back then, it's still a bop now. Personally I think you made a big #misssteak not submitting one of your other perhaps...better received winning songs but...as far as I go, it's still my clear favorite. Nicely done. *1/3*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 1.75. This tied with another contestant, and the judges were deadlocked 2-2. In the backup ranking of all 9 songs you scored lower at 4.25. This ranked you second in this category.

-
Winners Single: LA Devotee by Panic! At The Disco

Kinny- I love PATD; they’re great, and this is such an awesome song. As you said this successfully incorporates some dark themes into an otherwise generally upbeat song, and it does so very well with appropriate changes in tempo. *1/3*

Jaxon- While I do typically really enjoy the style of music this song encompasses… I regret to inform you, I just do not like Brendon Uries voice… and it breaks my heart to say that. I wish I could say this song had a fighting chance with me in this category, but it truly is the only one with a defining negative mark by it. I’m not the only judge- and what I say is going to be pretty rare- if you win, despite my lower ranks, I would not be upset due to your overall performance over the season. You truly have had a dominant performance, getting 5 wins with 4 of them being consecutive. I wish you the best of luck, and regardless of what happens, I hope to see you in a future season sometime- without the mask! *3/3*

Coco- Well.. this was the only song that I disliked in the finale. I just don't really like the singer's voice and I couldn't vibe with this song at all unfortunately. *3/3*

Christian- I think out of the three, you were able to shine the brightest with who YOU were throughout this competition, and if I had a gun to my head and was forced to pick a song to describe you, it would definitely be this one. Very well done. (1/3)

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2. This ranked you second in this category.

-
Your three ranks of 3rd + 2nd + 2nd and an additional 0.20 = 7.2 / 3 = 2.4 as an overall average. This ranked you SECOND overall. You have given one of the most dominant end game performances this series has EVER seen and you should feel nothing but proud right now! I truly hope to see you compete again in the future. Congratulations!
802 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
The results may be announced... but this season isn't over quite yet!

We now have our final three cats to unmask.
802 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
The hints for the cats are as follows...

The Russian Blue is a veteran.

This Australian Mist is like a storm in the night

The Savannah is a veteran.

I will now give the judges some time to make their final predictions of the season.
802 days 1 hour ago
Christian_
LMAOOOOOOO I need to think some more about the other two but Australian Mist is definitely Jan. hugs you sm!
802 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
Starting off with our second runner up:

You have had me confused a vast majority of this season. Very early on in my notes, I had jotted down the potential you were Zach (Washed_Ravioli). I had also jotted down later that you may be previously unmasked contestant Jay, and potentially even Ev (CakeLikeEvv) towards the end! However, given ALL of the songs you have posted this season... I feel like there is only ONE person you could be.

I believe you are Zach (Washed_Ravioli)!
802 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
Moving on to our runner up...

Mr. Mist, you truly have been such a GEM to see this season. You truly took these vets by storm and I guessed week 1 (ask Charlie!) that you would 100% be an end gamer/finalist. I piggybacked off Christian early on in who I thought you were, and with the hint given... there is NO doubt in my mind about who you are and I love you so much!

I believe you are Jan (DarkTyphoon23)!
802 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
AND FINALLY, our winner!

Miss Savannah.... you had me FOOLED for the VAST majority of this season. Early on, I had 0 idea who you could be... that is until Pink Pony Club was posted. At that point, I was 100% convinced you were Miss Turkey Lee Curtis due to previous season events with that song.

HOWEVER, after a conversation with my fellow judge Coco (LAST ROUND!) and seeing some more data... I have done a complete 180 and I think I know who you are, and if I am right it will bring a lot of joy to my heart for the announcement!

I believe you are Braden (FromAWindow)!
802 days 1 hour ago
CocoVanderbilt
All i know is The winner is Braden🤣
Not sure about the rest, sorry:(
802 days 1 hour ago
Christian_
I think...Zach could definitely be the Russian Blue seeing how he did in prior seasons...so I will guess him too for RB.

I was SPLIT between miss turkey and braden but I feel like Turkey's descriptions would've been more yasss-ified as opposed to how braden speaks so i will guess him as well for the WINNER !

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!