This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 14: The Grand Finale

Topic » Round 14: The Grand Finale

878 days 18 hours ago
Jaxon

Coco & Max both of you have made it as far as you can within this competition. You both have played an extremely great game and the only thing left to do now is announce the results.
878 days 18 hours ago
Maxi1234
Oh God
878 days 18 hours ago
Maxi1234
I’m so tight
878 days 18 hours ago
Jaxon
Both of you have played an amazing game and should be extremely proud of yourselves...

Coco: You have been a dark horse throughout this game. This was your first major outing into a song choice competition, and you started out on the tragic original Blue Team. While your team lost every round before the swap, you were able to secure your first win in week 2... and also win your first duel. From there, you were able to secure one additional win and  two additional two 'top' placements throughout the season. You have grown to become one of the biggest threats this season had to offer, and that is why you are sitting in the finals.

Max: You have quite possibly played the most dominant game JUSCC has ever seen. You started out on the undefeated pre-swap Pink Team... and from there you never saw yourself enter a duel room nor did you ever receive a 'low' placement throughout the entire season. You earned yourself three round wins throughout the season, and an additional six 'top' placements. From the first round, your competitors dubbed you a threat to win and here you sit in the finals just as predicted.

Both of you have a lot to be proud of and deserve your spot here in the finals. The season 5 cast may have rivaled All Stars in ability and competitiveness.
878 days 18 hours ago
Jaxon
First to be announced is the season average variable component of the finale.

Coco: 4.38
Max: 2.92

This means that...

Max: +0.20
Coco: +0.40
878 days 18 hours ago
Maxi1234
Oh my God
878 days 18 hours ago
Jaxon
The first category we tasked you guys with submitting to was 'A Song About Winning'
878 days 18 hours ago
Jaxon
The winner of this category was....
Coco with One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Deme- I mean... Whitney's voice 💖. Come on. Come on. Very fitting for this theme, and it's gorgeous, honestly? I really really love the chorus here. Great pick. *1/2*

Josh- *2/2*

Jaxon- I think Whitneys vocals are always an impressive listen, she truly is such a legend in music. I totally see how this theming matches the theme given with this song. To be completely honest, this song kind of sounded like… it belongs in a Disney animated movie? Something about it isn’t slaying me I would want a song too, especially knowing the other songs Whitney has and what she tends to bring to the table. I think this one just didn’t work for me :(. *2/2*

Krystal- Can’t wait to see why this is unusual for a winning song. This song is a bit slower than most songs in this category, but I do feel like it works for what you wanted. And her voice is pretty here, especially when she gets all intense and it builds up towards the chorus. I really love it honestly. And I do love the energy this song has, especially since it feels very 80s. Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/2*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 1.5. This tied with Max, and the judges were deadlocked. In the backup ranking of all six songs you scored higher with 3.75. This ranked you first in this category.
878 days 18 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means, in 2nd... we have Max with Skyward by Davina Michelle
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jaxon- I think similarly to Coco, there is a lot of pros to this song for me with one overarching negative about it that is preventing me from just loving the song. To start with this negative, the song just kind of bored me overall despite its pros… it didn’t blow me away. With that being said, I think there are quite a few pros to this song that I enjoyed… I think the production of the song was attractive, I think she had a really fantastic voice and the slight voice cracks she gave us really are a weakness of mine, and honestly I love that I’ve never heard of her before. I think all in all, it’s a pretty even battle but your song has the slight edge here.

Krystal- The instrumental works really well with her vocals, especially since it adds to the song and gives it this intensity without her vocals actually being that intense right from the start. And I do really like the chorus of this song, especially when her voice like cracks a bit. I just feel like it is a little formulaic-sounding at times which isn’t as pleasing to me. *2/2*

Deme- Oh wow, oh wow, Davina's voice? The chorus really goes off, and it's super fitting for this theme. Great pick! *2/2*

Josh- *1/2*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 1.5. This tied with Coco, and the judges were deadlocked. In the backup ranking of all six songs you lower higher with 4.75. This ranked you second in this category.
878 days 18 hours ago
Maxi1234
Well I lost
878 days 18 hours ago
Jaxon
The current cumulative scores are:

Coco- 1.4
Max- 2.2

And this brings us to our second category, Favorite Previous Performance.
878 days 17 hours ago
Jaxon
The winner of the second category was....
Max with Burning Bridges by Sigrid
Josh- *1/2*

Jaxon- This may surprise you… but I was really just hoping the song you posted for this category was Jackie Onassis. I think it is a very clear standout as my favorite song you posted this season. After that, my picks for what I wanted from you here would have been Electric Dream, Burning Bridges, or Honey. So even though it isn’t what I wanted, I’m not mad that this was the song you chose. Everything I said about this song stands true from the first time, and I think it’s a testament to how strong you played this game this season. *2/2*

Krystal- I don’t think this song was as standout to me as others submitted by you throughout the weeks. The chorus on this song is really good, but I do remember a handful of songs I would’ve liked to see instead. Like Siren maybe? This one feels like it was overwhelmed by the other choice to me. *2/2*

Deme- Super glad to see this one back! Was an absolute bop the first time you posted it, and that remains true now. Great vocals, great instrumental, great all around! *1/2*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 1.5. This tied with Coco, and the judges were deadlocked. In the backup ranking of all six songs you higher with 2. This ranked you first in this category.
878 days 17 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means, in 2nd... Coco with Seven Devils by Florence + The Machine
Krystal- I do think Florence has very powerful vocals and they were on display here, especially paired with the instrumental. And all in all, I do think this was one of your better songs from that week. Not much else to say since it was a previous submission. Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/2*

Deme- Looove to see Florence here. It was a bop when you posted it the first time, and it remains to be just that: a bop. Her voice is gorgeous, the instrumental is intense - great pick! *2/2*

Josh- *2/2*

Jaxon- As much as I adore Florence, I’m not going to lie… this wasn’t my first choice of what I wish you posted for this category for me. It’s still a top three choice of all the songs… but I really wish I was seeing Sure by Hatchie or Euphoria by Loreen which would round out the top two of my three favorite songs you posted this season. With that being said, Florence just has one of those voices that she can make any song just sound magical and beautiful. I also think you played this category strategically considering it is one of your songs that won, and the judges are very pro Florence on this panel. *1/2*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 1.5. This tied with Coco, and the judges were deadlocked. In the backup ranking of all six songs you scored lower with 2.75. This ranked you second in this category.
878 days 17 hours ago
Maxi1234
YASSS
878 days 17 hours ago
Jaxon
The current cumulative scores are...

Max- 3.2
Coco- 3.4

Which means the winner of this season is dependent on the winner of this third and final round, Winners Single.
878 days 17 hours ago
Maxi1234
The way I’m relying on Rita Ora

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!