This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 2: Results Show

Topic » Round 2: Results Show

905 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
In 5th we had... Lukas with Two Black Cadillacs by Carrie Underwood
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jaxon- Carrie is always appreciated, and despite her huge name… I really don’t think she is overused within the Song Choice community. The only time we have gotten a Carrie song is under a female country theme across four seasons. This song not only fits the theming extremely well… but it also is something that if I were given the theme would pop into my head to consider using myself. I think this was a great choice that really works for me. *1/15*

Krystal- Was not expecting Carrie Underwood this week, so this is a surprise. I love her vocals as always because they’re impressive and fun to listen to, especially with the male vocals beneath her voice. And it’s pretty obvious there’s a lot of murder and drama and shenanigans throughout which really does give me villainous energy. Her voice especially carries that. But I do feel a little like I’m witnessing Desperate Housewives level villainy. *7/15*

Deme- Ooh, country revenge song? We get a country revenge song? I, like, love this song - fuck this guy, dude. Sometimes you just have to team up with your husband's mistress and kill the dude. It happens. I always love Carrie Underwood, and this song is just... so good? The story, the vibes, the instrumental, the vocals- yes? Yes. Great pick. *7/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 5. This ranked you FIFTH overall.
905 days 12 hours ago
bigdizzleyomama
@Jaxon
https://c.tenor.com/GWll3c-pbNIAAAAM/wrong-youre-entitled-to-your-wrong-opinion.gif
905 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
yas dr holly
905 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
In 4th we have... Max with Problem by Natalia Kills
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Deme- This girl will do WHAT 😳. I love love love the instrumental and vocals here, it's all so loud and intense and it's just... such a vibe? Literally I just lose... everything about this, okay. Great pick! *4/15*

Jaxon- I enjoyed this one a lot, through tengaged I feel like I know the name Natalia Kills, but I honestly don’t really know much about her or her music. I think this is a pretty good introduction to her as an artist because she definitely has a lot going on for her with this song that are things that could really work for me with music. It wasn’t my favorite song of the week, but it was definitely up there in something I enjoyed listening to. *6/15*

Krystal- I fucking love this song, even if my main memory of Natalia Kills was her being a bitch on television and everyone cancelling her for a hot minute before we all collectively forgot she existed. This song really does scream bad bitch. She’s here to cause problems, and she’s gonna do it in style. The vocals are fun and bouncy, and the synth used really adds to its appeal when listening. I could loop it for ages. *4/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 4.67. This ranked you FOURTH overall.
905 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
ROBBEDDDDDDD I NEED A WIN
905 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
In 3rd we have... Hunty with Nightmare by Halsey
Krystal- I really love this Halsey song. It has this aggressive and fun energy to it that works so well, especially contrasted against her typical music. And I think it does work well as a villainous song because it has this energy of a woman ready to kick some ass. All the teeth snapping and screaming and barely restrained rage throughout that really sells it. And I mean, it’s called Nightmare because she wants to be “a real nightmare”. Come on. That’s great stuff. So take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/15*

Deme- Oh hell yeah? I love this one? Halsey really goes off here - I love the little intro that's followed by her just... screaming. Love. The lyrics go off, her voice works perfectly with the instrumental, just- yes. Great pick. *5/15*

Jaxon- Halsey is someone that this competition has really changed my opinion on as an artists, because I really did not like her that much before judging this series. I really enjoyed listening to this song and I think it fits the theme really well. I don’t really have anything negative to say about it and I think it was a really great choice to have this week. Great choice! *5/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 3.67. This ranked you THIRD overall.
905 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
In 2nd we had... Drew with Bad by Royal Deluxe
Deme- Okay. Okay. This is exactly what I was expecting to see this week, so go off? I love the instrumental, I LOVE the vocals, the BACKGROUND vocals, the lyrics, how intense it all is? The way it all sounds together? The way the music cuts out right before the chorus, wow. Great pick! *1/15*

Krystal- I feel like I’ve heard this song before, but I’m not sure where I heard it. The vocals are really dark and aggressive in a way I like, especially paired with the instrumental and backup vocals. It makes me feel like I’m really properly witnessing a villain. Like even the lyrics are talking about destroying everything! But I’m also reminded just a little bit of How Baaaaaad Can I Be? featuring that little troll in the ugly green gloves all the Tumblr girls had the hots for in 2012 or whatever. And the repetition of “I’m bad as bad can be” and such is a little corny. *6/15*

Jaxon- I looooooove the overall style of this song and the voice this man has. It definitely is in your face villain so I don’t really think matching theme is of question, and for better or for worse I don’t think the theme is the star of this song for me. I really enjoyed this one and could see me looking into this band to check them out a bit more. This song definitely meets my expectations of what I want out of a song again, and I think you’re on a great track for Versus. *3/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 3.33. This ranked you SECOND overall.
905 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means in first we have... Coco with Seven Devils by Florence + The Machine
Deme- Okay, alright, the instrumental here? Intense. Super fitting for this week. Florence's voice, as always, is hauntingly beautiful. The two of them working together? Yeah, this is all around just... a great pick for this week. *2/15*

Jaxon- Florence is always a joy to get to listen to. It’s almost become a very safe choice to use throughout this competition to stay out of the bottom. I do really enjoy this song, though I will say there are definitely other Florence songs out there that encompass the theme also and I would have ranked as my #1. Nonetheless, this song works for me, her vocals are always extremely captivating, and it encompasses the theme really well. *4/15*

Krystal- Once again, loving Florence here! But there are other songs that were villainous in a way I think you’re missing out on using, so that’s kind of a shame. But it is villainous in an almost demonic way, and I really love the rawness to her vocals in this song. It’s absolutely beautiful, especially that drumming, ominous beat, and the sheer impressiveness of Florence’s voice kills me as always. *3/15*

The three combined scores gave you an average of 3. This ranked you FIRST overall. Congratulations on being the top scorer this week!
905 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
GRATS
905 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
The bottom two of each team were...

Blue Team: Chris & Lex

Pink Team: Brittany & Charlie
905 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
The winning team was....
The Pink Team for the second time!
905 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
This means that the second Duel Room of the season will be Chris vs Lex. Good luck to you both!
905 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
Jaxon:
1. Two Black Cadillacs
2. no body, no crime
3. Bad
4. Seven Devils
5. Nightmare
6. Problem
7. Look What You Made Me Do
8. Call Your Girlfriend
9. Blame It On Your Love
10. Don’t Trust Me
11. URL Badman
12. Dead To Me
13. Worldwide Torture
14. A Little Piece Of Heaven
15. Friends on the Other Side

Krystal:
1. Nightmare
2. Worldwide Torture
3. Seven Devils
4. Problem
5. A Little Piece Of Heaven
6. Bad
7. Two Black Cadillacs
8. URL Badman
9. Blame It On Your Love
10. Dead To Me
11. Look What You Made Me Do
12. no body, no crime
13. Friends on the Other Side
14. Don’t Trust Me
15. Call Your Girlfriend

Deme:
1. Bad
2. Seven Devils
3. Worldwide Torture
4. Problem
5. Nightmare
6. URL Badman
7. Two Black Cadillacs
8. Dead To Me
9. Look What You Made Me Do
10. Friends On The Other Side
11. Blame It On Your Love
12. no body, no crime
13. A Little Piece of Heaven
14. Don’t Trust Me
15. Call Your Girlfriend

Overall:
1. Seven Devils (3)
2. Bad (3.33)
3. Nightmare (3.67)
4. Problem (4.67)
5. Two Black Cadillacs (5)
6. Worldwide Torture (6)
7. URL Badman (8.33)
8. no body, no crime (8.67)
9. Look What You Made Me Do (9)
10. Blame It On Your Love (9.67)
11. Dead To Me (10)
12. A Little Piece Of Heaven (10.67)
13. Friends On The Other Side (12.67) (2-1-0)
14. Don't Trust Me (12.67) (0-2-1) (2-1)
15. Call Your Your Girlfriend (12.67) (1-2-0) (1-2)

Blue Team Average: 8.83
Pink Team Average: 6.875
905 days 12 hours ago
sosyomomma
Wee
905 days 12 hours ago
Hunty
Oh I snapped and also ABSOLUTE fine taste with Seven Devil's being ranked #1 cuz that shit eats

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!