This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 8: Results Show

Topic » Round 8: Results Show

877 days ago
Jaxon
877 days ago
Jaxon
If I call your name, please step forward...
Jordan
Braden
You two make up our safe zone tonight. Everyone else has either been ranked 'high' or 'low'.
877 days ago
Jaxon
In 4th we have... Jordan with Homogenic by Bjork
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Krystal- I don’t think I’ve ever listened to much Bjork. I’m already in fucking love with this instrumental. It sounds like a video game track, kinda like a heavier and more aggressive version of what Anamanaguchi offers. And her vocals paired with it and this synth undertone that’s all statick-y and shit. It’s just like lyrical art. I’m having such a great time. You really came and ate up this theme for me because this is just what I wanted this week! Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/8*

Deme- Is this what Bjork music... sounds like...? Not what I expected, but I kind of love this? The instrumental is really good, and her vocals are like... haunting in a way that works perfectly with it. *4/8*

Jaxon- Honestly? Any other week and I would likely hate this song… but with this theme, I kinda get it and I kinda like it? Like the song is very weird and there is a lot going on with the production of the song… but all together it honestly kind of works? However… I really really hated around the 2 minute mark where she was just screaming in technology. Like every other part of the song really worked, and then that part really was quite unenjoyable for me and lasted like the remainder. *7/8*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.75. This ranked you FOURTH overall.
877 days ago
Jaxon
In 5th we have... Braden with erase me by Lizzy McAlpine ft. Jacob Collier
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jaxon- I’d say the first minute 30 of this song wasn’t very ‘experimental’ but after that there was definitely something in the production that picked off and sounded a bit off and experimental in that regard. Compared to the other submissions, I’d say this song sounds the most normal comparatively which I’m not sure is a good or bad thing. Objectively, it does seem like the best song this week… but I also feel like I wanted more of a risk. *4/8*

Krystal- This song is very different from the other ones which I wouldn’t say is immediately a bad thing, but I do feel like compared to some of them there’s a clear amount of experimental music in them and in here it takes a bit for it to show up. I can hear it in the instrumental here and there, along with some parts of the vocals, and that subtle distortion does give it a nice, gentle quality that I think is really not something I’ve ever heard before. Well, call me a liar because now I’m reminded of Imogen Heap! Not disappointed at all. *5/8*

Josh- Just feels a but safe. Maybe it's the calm melody of the song compared to the frantic vibe of all the other ones, but I got to this one and it's just like.. oh this doesn't seem experimental enough maybe? *7/8*

Deme- Oooh, the vocals here... love. This is so good? Literally my only issue with it is how long it takes to actually get to the bits of the song that feel 'experimental' - but like... even those bits are great? Great pick? *5/8*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 5.25. This ranked you FIFTH overall.
877 days ago
Jaxon
In 3rd we have... Christian with Witch by Apashe ft. Alina Pash
Deme- I... can't make out a single word in this. The instrumental goes off, though? And the song itself is just so... intense and vibey. Oh. She's singing in another language, that makes waaaay more sense - great pick! *1/8*

Josh- This song was... an experience. I feel like the best time to listen to this song is if you did some kind of hallucinogenic. *6/8*

Krystal- This song is starting out with some interesting and cinematic sounds which I’m really digging, not gonna lie. There’s something eerie and unsettling about this song that really goes off in a way I’m enjoying. Like it feels like it’s leading up to… what the fuck was that? A Gremlin? Their voices are very strong and enjoyable to listen to. *4/8*

Jaxon- This song is definitely… experimental! Honestly, I realllllly love the witch theming of the video and the song, but I’m also a basic bitch so that could explain it. The songs vocals were kind of fun to listen to going from the witchy vibe to just powerful bitch vibe? I’m not really sure how I feel about this song… and most of the songs this week, but I’d say this is a strong and fun start to the week! *3/8*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.5. This ranked you THIRD overall.
877 days ago
FromAWindow
I gave my fave two experimental artists legit the two rounds prior so I’m okay with this 😂
877 days ago
Jaxon
In 2nd we have... Coco with Disparate Youth by Santigold
Jaxon- I kind of wish I didn’t see the second song because I liked that one a lot more…. but this song was pretty good too honestly. I definitely think it sounds experimental and unique in that way, I just wish there was a better production of this song… unless it actually sounds like that stylistically. But she has a really nice voice to listen to, and I think this song ended up working out for me pretty well by the end. *1/8*

Krystal- I really like how it drops us into the vocals and instrumental aggressively right from the start. Like it’s all discordant and strange in a way that I really love, especially since her voice isn’t the typical sound from a singer either. And those sounds she makes really work well, too. Like it just feels like it’s mashing some genres together in a way I’ve never really heard before and I’m liking it quite a lot. *6/8*

Deme- The instrumental here is super cute? And I really like the way the vocals work wtih it... I kind of love it? Great pick. *3/8*

Josh- I feel like out of all the songs, this one just has the best sound and doesn't sound extremely conventional. It gets my Krystal Rotating Chair gif this week. *1/8*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2.75. This ranked you SECOND overall.
877 days ago
Jaxon
The winner is...
Max with Worship by Stalking Gia
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Jaxon- Kinda similarly to Braden, I felt like this was one of the more normal sounding songs this week… but there were definitely elements in there that pushed you into the experimental category. I kinda ended up really enjoying this one, I think the star of this song was definitely the end when everything seemed to get a bit wonky with the vocals and I wish there was more of that involved. *2/8*

Krystal- I really like the idea of a song going over-the-top poppy in an aggressive and ominous way, like I’ve never heard any sound like this before because usually songs go more the route of that Rina Sawayama song XS. I really think there’s just a scary aspect to this idea of worship and celebrity culture and how women are viewed that’s showing up here, and it both feels like an experiment and a social commentary all at once. Like a twofer! And the beat is solid and steady and holds up throughout all the strangeness of her vocal distortions which goes so well together. *2/8*

Deme- ...Okay, wait, her vocals are so cute? I love the way they sound with the instrumental here? Bop?? Absolute bop?? *2/8*

Josh- So within the first minute or so I was like.. okay this doesn't really do anything. Then as so song goes on it just takes so many unexpected turns. Really liked this one. *2/8*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2. This ranked you FIRST overall. Congratulations on winning the round.
877 days ago
Jaxon
Which means our bottom three are... Hunty, Drew, & Lex.
877 days ago
Jaxon
In 6th we have... Lex with cellophane by FKA twigs
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Krystal- I’m always nervous when the same artist is used twice, but let’s give this song the benefit of the doubt. Takes a while to get to the song, though, damn. The slow pacing of her voice is really intense and strange in a way that’s super ominous, especially paired with this quiet, distorted instrumental. Like it really pulls me in, and it does give me the creeps. It’s just such strong emotion, but whatever emotion it’s giving me is extremely bizarre. And when she gets to these trembling high notes, it’s just really grabbing my attention. I do think this worked out for me this week at least! God, this song is creepy as fuck. *3/8*

Deme- This one was, like, super pretty? I wasn't expecting it? The way she sounded when she started hitting high notes... wow wow.  *7/8*

Jaxon- I do think it is a big risk to put your song up against another with the same artist already posted because it puts the two songs in direct competition almost moreso than the others. This song was definitely experimental, and I’d say the same critique I had with Video Girl is that the song being slow kinda didn’t work very well for me, but in the same breath her vocals kind of worked pretty well with it. *8/8*

Josh- This song was a journey. It was intense, it was soft, but it took me there. *4/8*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 5.5. This ranked you SIXTH overall.
877 days ago
Hunty
Oh what the fuck
877 days ago
Hunty
also Björk song's called Pluto, Homogenic is the album RIP
877 days ago
Jaxon
Hunty... Drew...

The person eliminated tonight is...
Drew with Sigma Male Rule
Josh- I feel like this song isn't bad but like.... not the best? I can see why you would pick it for this week but at the same time I see why it'd experimental and will forever remain that way. *5/8*

Krystal- I’ll admit the song title has me a bit nervous, but I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt. The sound is original, and his vocals have this distortion and echo to them that works well, especially since it isn’t a very common sound to his voice either much like in Coco’s song. But I’ll admit this leans a bit too close to stuff like dubstep for me and even though it is experimental, I feel like the sound at times is all too familiar and it doesn’t really pull me in as much as these other songs have. *8/8*

Deme- ... 👉👈 ...I wasn't really vibing with this one? I don't know what it is about it - the instrumental's solid, and I like the vocals? Something about it just, like... wasn't working for me. Hopefully the other judges liked this entry more this week! *8/8*

Jaxon- I’m kind of back and forth on this one? I do think it fits the theme, but I also feel like at some points I was really high on the song and like this is pretty good… and others I was like meh I’m not really a huge fan of this. I’m not really sure how I will rank this, this theme in general is becoming very hard to rank overall. *6/8*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 6.75. This ranked you EIGHTH overall. Unfortunately, that means you have been eliminated from Versus. You have played a strong game and have proven why you deserved a second chance. I hope to see you in the future.
877 days ago
Jaxon
Which means, in 7th... Hunty with Video Girl by FKA twigs
Jaxon- This singer had a really nice voice, like I think it really fit well within the song and was the star. The song was a bit slow in my opinion, but overall it was a nice listen. I liked all the elements going on with the production, they seemed to fit. All in all, it wasn’t like a great listen but it also wasn’t a bad listen. This song was definitely experimental so you fit the theme well in my opinion! *5/8*

Krystal- The vocals are very nice to listen to. They’re like soft and faint, but they are also not weak by any means. And I do like all these strange sounds that are paired up against her trembling vocals. It’s just enjoyable, even if she kind of sounds like a bird right now and I’m not so sure about that part. Like I do feel like it has a lot of chaotic emotion showing multiple sides of it. *7/8*

Josh- If the goal of this week is to have experimental music that pushes norms and still remains to sound good, I don't think this is quite hit the mark with the sound of the music. *8/8*

Deme- Love love love the vocals here, super pretty. And the way they work with the instrumental? Wild. I like when the vocals get all distorted around the minute mark - bop. Great pick. *6/8*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 6.5. This ranked you SEVENTH overall.
877 days ago
Jaxon
Jaxon:
1. Disparate Youth
2. Worship
3. Witch
4. erase me
5. Video Girl
6. Sigma Male
7. Homegenic
8. Cellophane

Krystal:
1. Homegenic
2. Worship
3. Cellophane
4. Witch
5. erase me
6. Disparate Youth
7. Video Girl
8. Sigma Male Rule

Deme:
1. Witch
2. Worship
3. Disparate Youth
4. Homegenic
5. erase me
6. Video Girl
7. Cellophane
8. Sigma Male

Josh:
1. Disparate Youth
2. Worship Me
3. Homegenic
4. Cellophane
5. Sigma Male
6. Witch
7. Erase Me
8. Video Girl

Overall:
1. Worship (2)
2. Disparate Youth (2.75)
3. Witch (3.5)
4. Homogenic (3.75)
5. erase me (5.25)
6. Cellophane (5.5)
7. Video Girl (6.5)
8. Sigma Male (6.75)
877 days ago
Jaxon
1 min agoDelete ReplyHunty
also Björk song's called Pluto, Homogenic is the album RIP

Hunty pls this round has given me multiple mental breakdowns... I don't need another...

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!