This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Jury Questioning

Topic » Jury Questioning

1935 days 23 hours ago
ThePug
Q: I also want you to explain how us all stars gave you a run for your moment this season?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A: There were multiple key instances in the game where I felt as if I were on the bottom of the totem poll, next to be eliminated or in bad positioning that forced me into taking drastic actions. I'd say those main moments were:

1. The aftermath of Joey's elimination. You & I (Brady) began the plan to flip on Brandon then, as we saw the threat he was in the game. However, that backfired. Ethan giving Brandon the idol and playing it. After that moment I was at the edge of my seat, knowing a merge was shortly following and I'd be in an awkward position. With Brandon still in the game, and a newly formed rocky relationship between us, and others like Tyler, Ethan eyeing me and realizing my more devious nature. I could've easily been an early merge boot.

2. The Final Eight explosion. You know exactly what I mean by this- I promised you (Brady) Brandon's head after Qaz and went back on that deal going for Natasha instead. Which definitely creating turmoil between us. I was keeping my head down, trying to not get involved in the conflict in the main chat, attempting to avoid having a larger target on my back - which you called me out on. Pretty much exposing the fore-front of my game to the cast, I knew my grasp in there was slipping and I needed to reclaim my positioning afterwards. That was definitely a scary moment.

3. The Final Seven. Also known as, where I had to use my Hidden Immunity Idol; I agree with you on the consensus that I really dislike players who need to rely on Immunity/Idols to get by, I've been idol'd out countless times in other games (You know my track record, Brady.) and see the "cheap" feeling you get from it. And you, and the other players in the game made a great moving, pretty much forcing me to play my idol. Weakening me for the coming rounds. It was an "oh shit." moment on my part, as my goal was to get to the Final Five with the idol in my pocket.
1935 days 23 hours ago
ThePug
Q: So with that all said, where is that passion that you claim to have for this game? Did you really give your all, or did you only try when it was convenient and absolutely necessary? I want to know why this means something to you, and not why winning All Stars is not just another tick in a box?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A: Everything I did in this game was infused with passion. Every word that I spoke, every challenge I partook in, every single action I took was one I took with the intention of giving my all for a game that deserves it. Did I play up an over-exaggerated villainous persona? Yes, of course.

But I want to say that none of that was out of malice on my part. It was truly me trying to have fun and enjoy doing something (playing group games) that I genuinely love. Now, in doing these things, I am aware that I have hurt some of you on a personal level. And if you all deem that the things I said or did are worthy of a loss of your vote, I completely understand. Truly. But if you actually want to come talk to me after this game and remedy our relationships, I am open to do that because honestly, while I did have fun blindsiding and backstabbing you all, I didn't have fun inflicting the sadness and pain that comes as a consequence of those moves.

This game honestly was my magnum opus. I feel as if I played the most complete game not just of this final 3, but in my entire life. I truly put every fiber of my being into this game. I lost sleep over this game. Maybe I'm a psychopath who puts too much emphasis on group games, but that's what gets me up in the morning.

Regardless of how the votes fall, I am going to leave this game happy knowing that I, 1) played this game with the ferocity it deserves and 2) played to the literal maximum that I ever could.

If my comments in final tribal council don't scream passionate to you, I understand. I was a little bummed hearing that I had both made people upset (contrary to popular belief I actually do care about other people) and that I had not only lost jury votes because of my moves, but potential friendships as well.

But please don't take my brief period of dejectedness to mean that I didn't make every move as if this game didn't course through my cells, because it honestly did. And I really think it would be a shame for all my blood, sweat, and tears to go to waste.
1935 days 23 hours ago
ThePug
I'm answering questions on my phone currently and will be home later. With the effort Brandon put into his speech I don't want to cheapen out on short answers for his question, which I'll get back to when I'm home within a couple hours.
1935 days 22 hours ago
Qazwdxedc
I don’t think jesse answered my question but idc anyways

Kolby, Keizo, good luck
1935 days 21 hours ago
Blondelle
Keizo, Kolby, when you guys get the chance i'm only going to be judging my vote off of what your answer is to me. I genuinely don't feel like reading 30 different versions of Moby Dick.
1935 days 20 hours ago
ThePug
I'm rushing to get home now, I'll be answering both you and Brandon's question(s) when I'm back.
1935 days 20 hours ago
Foxy_Piplup
Alright my one question for ALL THREE OF YOU is as follows, why should I vote for you when I know absolutely nothing about all three of you? I still honestly cannot tell the difference between the two guys whose names start with K and their sideline cheerleader Jesse. I get that we weren’t allies and I get that I was just a target for your side to get out, but with such little effort from all three of you, I feel like I’m staring at three blank canvases at this tribal council. Where should my vote go?

--------------

You know nothing about us... And tbh there's no point in trying to get your vote... I don't want to make now excuses for you to vote me over Kolby or Jesse... It's your decision and no matter what it is I'll fully understand that... I wish you luck with making that decision
1935 days 20 hours ago
Blondelle
That's the thing though Keizo. I don't want your LUCK in deciding if I should vote for you. I want a REASON why I should. If you really don't have anything for me at all that's totally fine, I just would've expected a little more fight from you tonight considering it is indeed Day 39.
1935 days 20 hours ago
bigben1996
5/9 votes received.

Reunion is tomorrow night.
1935 days 19 hours ago
ThePug
Brandon, I think you bring up a lot of good points in your speech to me. I agree with you. I think, by far, my biggest flaw in this game was my social game. Coming into this final tribal council, I wasn't able to see that because I was unconscious of it. Now, after all of the jury's comments, yeah. I completely understand where everyone is coming from and I know that my biggest mistakes and regrets all stem from my shortcomings in the social department.

Just as an aside, you're completely right. It took me a while to take a deep breath and put my ego in check, but everything you just said is 100% true. I took you out because you were a huge threat to beat me. Period. Full stop. But, the way I went through with it was out of the game. What I saw as me having fun and being ridiculous, you saw as a personal attack, and that is completely understandable. And, once again, if you wanna message me and we can talk it through, I welcome that. Because I don't plan on leaving tengaged after this game and I really do wanna keep my friends that I had coming into this game. So, I'm sorry. And I hope we can still be friends.

But otherwise, you, Brandon, are throwing me a bone and giving me a chance to redeem myself, and you didn't have to do that. I wouldn't have expected you to do that after the way I treated you. And I do intend to take that bone so long as you'll continue to hold it out for me.

I did not play anywhere near close a perfect game. Every single person on the jury DID in fact do things better than I did. Some of them exponentially better, and some of them not.

[Dan] - Dwipeouts no matter the series or game, I've always seen dedicated and always completely active and playing. His commitment to games is a great asset to have, and from my experience always having the balls to make moves or rifts in the game. This commitment to being active clearly was better than mine as I would indeed throw challenges in order to appear weak, and you've clearly stated that was also a flaw of mine.

[Clair] - A headstrong and ferocious player. But additionally completely kind and loyal. Rarely telling any lies in the game & always sticking to her guns. Whether that be keeping strong and being vocal of her targets (I.E Brandon) or and having a solid footing and grounded in reality. I admire her loyalty, it's something that I lacked in the game, and hurt me in the long-run, having players feeling slighted against me now.

[Qaz] - He's a well-known player in the Group Game Community, always seeming to be a cunning player when he dedicates himself. With a skill, I have tried countless times to master, but seemingly never can- his under the radar game-play. It's a very undervalued talent, that takes awareness of player's positioning's in the game to master and I applaud him for achieving something, I never can.

[Natasha] - With no prior knowledge to her coming into the game, she immediately won me over in our first conversation. She kept it calm and relaxing, not jumping into game-talk or strategy like others would fairly early. Quickly winning over my trust in the game. As the player 'Most Untrustworthy' I was the complete opposite of her game. I completely understand why she's regarded as the best winner of Gen II.

[Brandon] - I don't think there's nothing this guy did better than me. Fuck him. Okay, I'm obviously kidding. I think to a lesser-extent I modeled my game after how you play this season. You're overall a force to be reckoned with, saying just one aspect of your personality/game would be an understatement since I regard you as one of the best all around players. And I'm not saying this to kiss your ass, it's the truth. And I know you know that, as much as me! One of the things you have over me, is your complete ability to win over whoever you sat next to. Literally. No one could've beaten you at FTC. I'm trying to ponder a hypothetical scenario you lose the jury vote and I don't think I can even think of a realistic one.

[Ethan] - One area is where I lacked was talking to Ethan, I believe I didn't speak to him as much, or one on one like I did with others in the game. Which is completely a fault of mine. However, he was a strong candidate in Individual Immunity Challenges, and was highly regarded as a threat, with many players, including I being nervous of his ability to maneuver himself into good positions and avoid being on the chopping block for a majority of the game. Which, I had many more struggles my name coming up many times and being nearly eliminated.

[Erik] - A genuinely likable guy, there's really nothing bad you could say about Erik, while everyone else has some fault. He was adamant and headstrong about who he targeted, with an absolutely justifiable cause: *looks at the pedophile* and with a strong social game, no matter what "resume" he had, he'd be a high candidate for winning at a majority of Final Tribal Council's.

[Brady] - I admire Brady's audacity to open and vocal about moves, who is a threat in the game, and who he needs to take down yet still surviving until the finale. Receiving a total of 19 votes against him this season, and still surviving towards the end. His endurance in the game was impeccable and throughout this, even though we've had our differences he's another friend of mine outside the game. 

[Tyler] - I've commented previously on this and it stands here too. Tyler has a FIRE for the game, you can just overall tell. Showing up to the majority of challenges, when he's in AUSTRALIA in a far timezone, which put him at a disadvantage. Yet still winning Individual Immunities and having an extremely strong presence in the game. The passion was 100% there, and I believe his story through-out the season was iconic, with many different ups and downs, and always having the drive to make a move. I think you could argue that his overcoming his timezone disadvantage was probably better than me in my regard. In which he kicked ass from that position.

[Keizo] - One of the most likable, if not THE most likable of the game. When players regarded him as a "saint" that's completely correct, from talking on call with him I have absolutely nothing but praises for Mr. Foxy_Piplup, a great conversationalist and someone that should rack in many jury votes, because I believe I'd vote Keizo myself. He was that goddamn nice and likeable, in which if he wins, he completely deserves it. Where as, I left people feeling animosity when they were voted out.

[Jesse] - I'm going to be honest, this one was a hard one to write. It's hard to pinpoint where Jesse excelled, from just being above me or other players in the game. He pissed a ton of people off, and the entire pedophile thing doesn't help his case. But, I know for a fact the relationships he did garner, he had some people in the game completely trusting him and blindsided from some actions of him turning on them and played a very strong double-agent game towards the finale and final 6/7. Where I was a constant target.
1935 days 19 hours ago
ThePug
Q: Alright my one question for ALL THREE OF YOU is as follows, why should I vote for you when I know absolutely nothing about all three of you? I still honestly cannot tell the difference between the two guys whose names start with K and their sideline cheerleader Jesse. I get that we weren’t allies and I get that I was just a target for your side to get out, but with such little effort from all three of you, I feel like I’m staring at three blank canvases at this tribal council. Where should my vote go?
A: Well- first off, I don't think the other 'K' has the same affinity for Daenerys Targaryen as you and I do. And second off have you seen the new promo for S8?!?!

Okay, but real talk. In a brief synopsis of my game: I think I have one thing that puts me above the other two, I put my heart & soul into this game. My drive to win was much stronger than theirs, I might've played a more villainous persona or flat out been more of a villain, but it all stemmed from the goal to win this game.

I have been dedicated, I have orchestrated votes, in which some have went awry and some my way, there's been ups & there's been downs for my game, it's been a wild journey. I think you should cast your vote for me to be the winner of the season, as this is Big Ben's All Stars, and I'd be honored to represent the season.

At the end of the day, I may not have played the best game this season. I think there are a few other players this season who are overall better players than me and would prove that to you if we played in more games together.

But do I think I played the best game of this final 3? You're damn right I do. And, I would hope that it's your job as a juror to vote for who played the best game in the final 3.

Because overall, every single juror is gonna have a tough time finding a perfect game not just this season, but anywhere. And you certainly won't find it with me.

But my passion, my intensity, my ferocity, and my overall love for Ben's series is what motivated me to play how I did. Not negativity or hatred. Was I a villain? Yes. Did I play like I hated everyone? Unfortunately, yes. Do I hate everyone? Of course not.

So I hope you vote for the person who ultimately put the most into the game. Because Newton's Third Law states that every action has an equal opposite reaction.

In other words, you get as much as you give. And I gave so. damn. much to this game to not get the title of Sole Survivor.

And I really hope you can see that. And, if you can't, then that's a shame. But, ultimately. I understand. Thanks.
1935 days 19 hours ago
Blondelle
Thank you Kolby. Goodluck guys, being a winner and a Sole Survivor is a really fun thing, I hope whoever gets the title truly enjoys it.

*takes a seat back on bench*
1935 days 18 hours ago
bigben1996
9/9 jury votes received.

I'll see everyone tomorrow night :-)
1935 days 16 hours ago
JesseM
Okay so I just got home after a 12 hour shift and I am going to take a couple minutes to respond to what that you wrote about me Tyler. The votes are in so it doesn't matter anymore at this point but just some things you said that need to be addressed...

I didn't have final 3 deals with a lot of people lol The only final 3 I had was with Keizo/Kolby but that was only established at Final 10. I joined this game to meet new people and make new friends. I haven't played many survivor group games but have already won every single game on this site and been #1 in the HOF so placing really doesn't matter to me.

You are entitled to your opinion and I rather talk to people individually and try to work things out if possible. The only reason I am responding here is because you posted here.        I disagree with you saying that I refuse to take accountability for my actions. Trust me, both in games and in my personal life I will be the first to admit when I make a mistake and I do learn from my mistakes. 

I am not upset that you kept things from me but I really wasn't friendly with people in this game. Qaz/Brandon/Ethan/Erik all dislike me. I don't find excuses to turn on my allies. Trust me I sleep with a clear conscience at night. I really didn't know that Brandon had turned on me until I found out about his screenshotted messages.

You brought up my loyalties Tyler, and said that my real loyalty was with Keizo and Kolby.     I would really like to know what the word LOYALTY means to you Tyler. You flip flopped all game and the only person you were loyal to was YOURSELF. There is NOTHING wrong with that as you are definitely able to choose how you want to play the game. But I was definitely not loyal to you after you voted out Eoin at 13... you were voted by people at final 12 and then flipped/betrayed the people who had kept you in the game at final 10 by voting for Qaz, lol and then again at final 9 for voting for Natasha. Then 8th/7th/6th you voted Kolby each round, playing personally rather than strategic... lol This final 6 would have been TOTALLY different if it wasn't for you Tyler. You and "your alliance" could have voted me,Brady,Kolby and Keizo out 10th/9th/8th and 7th but you didn't. You are the cause of that. Please don't bring up MY loyalty. Keizo and Kolby voted with me every single round from final 10 to final 4. That's more than you can say.

You drained me in this game. Talking to you was really tiring and a lot of work. I am sorry that you feel that you were never able to truly be yourself with me. I think you should always say what you are feeling and that's truly what you have done here. I LOVE how you say that I should be "accountable for the way you treat young gay men." You are 21 years old Tyler. You are not young... you are more than an adult lol... I use hearts and emotions when I type, don't take that seriously. You are so funny saying that you try to distance yourself from my "inappropriate behavior". I am not stupid Tyler, if I were to say ONE comment to you (since you are an adult, an immature adult but an adult at that) and you don't "flirt" back I would stop but the problem with you is that you consented and are now lying about it. I don't know why you are but it's all good. I told you day 1 I didn't want to win this game, that I wanted to meet new people and make new friends.   

I would just like you to know that you should be careful about who you become close to... SOOO many times Keizo/Kolby and myself would be on call talking about this game and they would make fun of you for being online all the time, that you are ALWAYS online except when they USED YOU for your vote to vote Qaz you log on 2 minutes before. I stood up for you and defended you, just like I would stand up for anyone...
And then when Kolby was LAUGHING about you on call and copied the message that you sent to him on skype: 
"You are literally the only shot I have
If you vote Keizo and take this to fire making I will literally""
I am not going to finish that statement, if anyone is interested in knowing you can message me on Skype. This isn't for anyone but you Tyler, you know what you said.                         
My message to you is  please conduct yourself more appropriately. Like when you were BEGGING me "Please please please please pleeeaaaaaseee vote Keizo, I will do ANYTHING"   
I voted you out 4th, you got upset like the immature person you are and brought your lies here.
Thank you, next.
1935 days 14 hours ago
UnicornChicken
This. This right here is you NOT taking accountability. The fact that you suggest I 'consented' and I'm lying to make you look bad is EXACTLY the kind of behavior I expect from someone like you. The fact that you think playing along with your sexual comments is equivalent to consent is terrifying to me! CONSENT, is not present until someone says 'Yes' or otherwise states that they are comfortable with your actions and words. Not only that, consent can be revoked at any time. This is not on me. I did not bring this on myself, so don't you dare suggest that I should have behaved differently if I didn't want to be sexually harassed. The words you say are yours and you should take responsibility for how they make others feel.

In the real world I will almost always say what I'm thinking. I am an outspoken 21 year old adult. I am still a young gay MAN. People between the ages of 18-25. The ones that can rarely go out to the club and have a good time without being groped or treated like a piece of meat. The people who can't share a shirtless or erotic photo online without being called a slut or receiving unsolicited sexual advances. When I said I was trying to distance myself I meant in the first week or so of the game when we weren't on the same tribe. As the game progresses I will admit, I began to 'flirt' with you a little more because I was putting my game before my own personal needs. I can own up to the fact that I never said no, and maybe I even encouraged you in a few situations. That does not take away from the way I felt, and the fact that I NEVER consented. I never said yes and I never felt comfortable when you only ever wanted to talk about sexual things. I am ashamed that I was never able to stand up for myself. I don't care how friendly or kind you may be, I will not be blamed for the way you conduct yourself.

Loyalty to me is about backing someone no matter what. Always sticking to them even if it means you lose. In my personal life I am loyal to the people that mean the most to me. In a game like Survivor I am loyal to myself and only myself. I make a point to tell people, because the way I play the game is about trust, not loyalty. I am not going to get into my gameplay because the game is over. I can leave all of the back where it happened just know that I always made the move that I thought would advance me further in the game. My 'begging' was a strategy because I viewed you as my only chance to make final 3. It didn't pay off and that's the way the game goes. I am not upset at you about any choices you made relating to gameplay. Rather I am impressed that you were playing me just as hard as I was playing you. Labelling me as an immature liar is manipulative and you still refuse to own up to anything you've said. Instead you want to make this about how you 'stood up for me' because you are such a hero.

At first I was hesitant to make my jury speech so personal and to take it where I took it. However, this morning I woke up to messages from multiple strangers, who stood by me in solidarity. I am not the only one who feels this way about you Jesse. You can pretend all you want that it's because we are bitter, we are immature, we are liars, we have a personal vendetta against you - whatever you want to pretend it is. The real evidence is there that you make people feel unsafe, uncomfortable and I'm so inspired by the people that came to me in private to share their experiences. Surely when so many people have spoken out against you, something in your brain ticks over saying 'maybe I need to take this more seriously'.

I am glad I was able to provide Keizo and Kolby with some entertainment. That is why I played this game so hard, because I wanted to entertain people but most importantly win. I have all of my dignity, and I love and appreciate myself. Yes, I am ashamed of the way I couldn't stand up to you until now, but I am NOT ashamed of begging to win an online game of Survivor. Why not when you have nothing to lose? If you want to know what Jesse is talking about I told Kolby "If you vote Keizo and take this to fire making I will literally kiss your ass". I'm happy that it made Kolby laugh. I knew I had no chance but I wasn't going to just not try. This is all very off topic, but how can you say that begging is inappropriate conduct when this whole thing is about you making suggestive and explicit comments about sexual relations with me.

Your use of Ariana Grande lyrics to just dismiss a genuinely important dialogue about sexual harassment is straight up disrespectful to me, everyone who has ever felt victimized by you AND Ariana Grande herself. Thank U, Next is an empowering song about LEARNING from and ACKNOWLEDGING your past. It is about finding happiness within yourself and not being spiteful. I am so fucking grateful to you Jesse, because you have really lit a fire inside of me to never be dismissive of this kind of behavior again. It should always be shut down early, and I want to take it beyond this forum. Sexual harassment is a huge problem in the world for women and gay men. You are turning a blind eye to a toxic culture that you directly contribute to. There is no NEXT for you, Jesse. This ends here, with me. The Way you make me and others feel is a Problem. I have No Tears Left To Cry now that I can Break Free but there are more people like you out in the world. The Light Is Coming to put an end to this for good, and I am going to be that light. Imagine a world where sexual harassment and victim blaming is gone for good. As long as I'm still Breathin' I will work towards a world like that.
So Thank U, NEXT!

open group

BigBen Survivor - End of an Era

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!