This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Jury Questioning

Topic » Jury Questioning

2113 days 22 hours ago
brandonrichie
•••Connor•••

"Sad my game got cut so short but im glad to see all of my allies made it to the end so im happy with whoever wins.
I guess my question is for all 3 of you, as I wasnt here for the second half the game, all ive heard was biased opinions about the final 3 and salty views. Its funny how everyone was so like these 3 are the worst final f3 even though this jury was dumb enough to not band together but im happy for the dumbest jury in existence but ANYWHO. Out of the the 3 of you, who do you think did the most amount of work in order to get to the end?"

Hey Connor <3 I'm not going to sit here and claim to have been the one making every move because that's definitely not the case—all three of us contributed a lot to the alliance. I think that a lot of the time I was the one who threw out the name we were voting first, and this was partly because I was safe a lot of the time and could afford to do that. Like I said, I'm not going to preach that I did more than anyone else, but I undoubtedly pulled my weight in the alliance. When we got clues to idols and advantages, I was the one who would spend hours looking. I put my best effort into every single challenge both pre and post merge. I was the biggest target in the alliance due to the perception of me being the head of the snake, the most connections and the most challenge wins. I was the one that was brought information—such as idol clues and locations, voting decisions, and conversations had where I was not included—due to my positioning. When group decisions were made, it was often me that got the blood on my hands. My target was ENORMOUS from the second the game started, but I still somehow managed to get here without any votes cast against me.

I think that all three of us had different, viable paths to the end, but mine may have been more of an uphill battle than the other two depending on how you look at it.
2113 days 22 hours ago
Qazwdxedc
Will: I don’t really see a question in your statement but honestly I did consider trying to vote with you for a few votes, but your alliance with Joey made that nearly impossible.

Alex: I voted you out because I was worried you weren’t going to take me to the final 3. I had a talk with you and we spoke about how we wanted to get to the final 3 and with who and all of that, and you relayed parts of that conversation to Brandon, which I was genuinely confused about because had you not done that, I would’ve done what I could’ve to get you here. For the 2nd part, I think you were a threat because you were willing to make big splashes in the game to further yourself and it was evident that you were one of the few who was willing to do that. That was dangerous for my game due to the fact that I considered myself as one of the people you might blindside due to what I did in the game.
2113 days 22 hours ago
Qazwdxedc
Connor: I think I did the most amount of work to get here. Brandon was going to be out had he not won immunities, and Raul in my opinion tried to make moves that were never going to happen. I know you’ve missed a lot of the Game, but to recap I was voted 12 times, and was a potential target nearly every vote, so I had to fight my way out of those situations and find a new target. I also had a big part in every vote off from the final 11 onwards except for david’s vote off. Brandon said he was the first one to mention names, which isn’t 100% true. I’d say he did sometimes and him and I definitely made lots of decisions together, but I was always making sure the people who I feared could have the power to get me out of the game were the ones to go. Due to constantly being a target, i had to make sure i threw a name out there before others would make ideas and plans.

I also put in lots of effort socially to make sure I had connections with everyone. Unlike David who I feel was unfairly disliked a lot of the time tbh, I kept it quiet that I was playing both sides. Coming into the merge, the only people I didn’t feek comfortable with were the Will’s and Keizo, which I eventually tried to connect with. Then a fight happened, and yeah, those first few votes of the merge sucked. I was clearly at the bottom of the totem pole and I had to socially manoeuvre my way to the top.

No, I didn’t play my flashiest game or anything as I quite frankly did not win an immunity, but I think I’m responsible for a large portion of the behind the scenes work that occurred as the game went along
2113 days 21 hours ago
bigben1996
2/10 votes received.
2113 days 21 hours ago
MrBird
Raul, people on the jury may have a perception of you as “Brandon’s ally” rather than an individual.  What are some examples of things you may have done behind the scenes to further your own game and not just your alliance’s?

I think this is just something that is always going to happen to me, I'm not the most outgoing, or even the most memorable, and in a game like survivor... well that just poses this kind of problems, so instead of fighting it I basically embraced it, yes I was allied with Brandon as well as I was allied with basically at some point with everyone at the merge, although never did I get anyone mad enough to call me out privately, and this happened with everyone on the jury despite myself being part of every voting out plan.

At the end, it benefited me more than I thought it would. it allowed me to play a flexible game where I had a lot of connections, like you and Keizo, or Alex, Ethan, David, but at the same time have the ally I could come back to whenever I had the need to regroup, because thinking of Brandon's perspective, I wouldn't vote out someone I would know would vote with me.

And thinking in the perspective of everyone else, I wouldn't necessarily vote out somebody like myself over others at this "point of the game", but little by little you make it more to the end to the point where you can't think that anymore because there was bigger threats to get to the end and voting me out would just waste a very valuable vote
2113 days 21 hours ago
MrBird
Raul: Why did you cut me when I wanted you in the final 3 with me?

I did want you too, but that would mean leaving out Qaz who I know Brandon would prefer over myself, I was thinking ahead of what keeping you would do to my game, directly or indirectly.
2113 days 21 hours ago
MrBird
I guess my question is for all 3 of you, as I wasnt here for the second half the game, all ive heard was biased opinions about the final 3 and salty views. Its funny how everyone was so like these 3 are the worst final f3 even though this jury was dumb enough to not band together but im happy for the dumbest jury in existence but ANYWHO. Out of the the 3 of you, who do you think did the most amount of work in order to get to the end?"

I don't think I did most of the work, I didn't need to, overworking and overplaying in survivor makes you a target most of the time and that's not necessary for my game, I played efficiently with the correct effort, and the perspective I left on the jury is just the result of my game.
2113 days 20 hours ago
bigben1996
3/10 votes received.
2113 days 18 hours ago
DavidM7
Raul you literally played such a poor game it makes me sick to my stomach. Enjoy third.
2113 days 18 hours ago
DavidM7
Okay here's something for each of you

Raul:
I'm aware I played one,of the w/o at games of anyone here BUT you were so willing to sit behind Qaz and Brandon that you made it impossible for people like myself or Keizo to actually make a move when we needed to (you're not the only one who did this but since you're here you will be taking the heat) I understand its just not your game but its so frustrating for me to know that there's two people who are running everythinf and no one will side with you despite desperatly needing to. O know targeting Ethan out first when I left was stupid but I changed to Qaz and you should not have just gone,with majority but instead helped,me,get the votes.

Brandon:
You know I adore you and I think you really did earn your spot here and I'm so happy for you but you also know I think very objectively so deciding based on who I like more will not be the case. If we are solely talking game you easily take the cake over Qaz for being more aggresive and having better/more ties BUT you were also immune like 7/12 tribals you were at so I think most of us coukd have played that way had we been immune. The thing I wanna know is who did you HONESTLY want in finals. I mean not just friends but who did you want to be sitting here with for whatever reason.

Qaz:
I appreciate your game the most because you played me even to where I probably could have gotten you out if I fully commited to targeting you instead of Ethan but you made me feel so involved that I didn't initially want to. You were targeted every vote (pretty much) and managed to escape it due to your close bonds to people so my question is how do you show your more decision making side? Like how did you insert your ideas and,more importantly get them to play out of the very assertive Brandon. Looking for honesty not impressiveness here so think hard about this one.
2113 days 17 hours ago
Qazwdxedc
David:

I think my decision making was behind the scenes and based off of who was targeting me. As Brandon was my number one, I had to approach him with my ideas in a convincing matter and make him see the benefit to his game. I needed it to be clear to Brandon that I had to stay in the game and that me staying would benefit him because we were each other's closest allies. Alexander threw my name out there, and I had to show how it would benefit both of us. Will (survivorfan) led the charge against me and I had to make sure people were on board. Ethan came after me and he wasn't even going to show up for the finals yet I had to make sure he went as I would've been at the top of his voting list. Alex exposed my conversation to Brandon and his closest ally in his opinion was Brandon, so it would've made sense for Brandon to keep him.

The one vote where I couldn't do anything was your vote off and I tried hard to make Keizo the vote that round and failed. Ultimately at that point I didn't have enough ammunition to be able to insert an idea and convince it as you were a bigger threat at that point than other potential targets.

So my way to insert my ideas was in a convincing matter where I have to make people (more Brandon as he was my number one) feel like it benefits both of us, even though it benefits me the most as they're coming for me.
2113 days 17 hours ago
DavidM7
Follow up @everyone

Who was the biggest one in saying my name because it doesnt just happen. Someone had to be saying it and I wanna know who
2113 days 17 hours ago
Qazwdxedc
David:

Brandon, and Ethan to a lesser extent. I think Brandon was unhappy about the playing both sides thing as that is what him and I were trying to do together, however I trusted you more and I thought lots of people were doing the same thing just more subtly. I think Ethan also knew you were playing both sides and that was his reason although I didn't talk to him as expansively about it.
2113 days 17 hours ago
brandonrichie
•••David•••

"You know I adore you and I think you really did earn your spot here and I'm so happy for you but you also know I think very objectively so deciding based on who I like more will not be the case. If we are solely talking game you easily take the cake over Qaz for being more aggresive and having better/more ties BUT you were also immune like 7/12 tribals you were at so I think most of us coukd have played that way had we been immune. The thing I wanna know is who did you HONESTLY want in finals. I mean not just friends but who did you want to be sitting here with for whatever reason."

David, my showmance <3

I'd like to start off by saying that yes, I was immune a lot (it was only 6 times though, since I played an idol on myself once and won 5 immunities). However, being safe was strategic on my end in the sense that it established me as a strong voice in the decisions made as well as a constant variable that people had to work around and implement into their own personal games (seen through my involvement in nearly every alliance chat once Joey left and constant information being fed to me from all sides). I was not just "given" immunity or the idol I found—I WORKED for them. Additionally, although I did have this safety, I was also VULNERABLE half of the time I went to tribal, and every single time I was vulnerable I did not receive any votes despite clearly being a physical, strategic, and social threat as well as openly being in a strong duo with Qaz. I was only able to do this due to the work that I put in while I was safe, constantly pinning people against each other, collecting information and building relationships, and convincing people each round that my target was so massive that they didn't need to take a shot at it just yet. And it worked. So yes, I had a lot of safety, but there was not a moment in this game that I was not putting in effort to improve my situation even more, and I don't think it's fair to blame my success thus far on immunity wins.

As to who I wanted with me in finals, I think everyone knows that I've wanted to sit next to Qaz from the very beginning, basically as soon as the cast was revealed. He's one of my best friends on the site and I wouldn't want to end the season any other way. Strategically, I did feel as though he wasn't as big of a jury threat as someone such as you, Keizo, Joey or Will because of a) his fights with other people and b) since the perception of me was so threatening, I believed that he would be looked at as the beta in the relationship. I honestly did believe that I could beat Qaz and wouldn't have to break my word to one of my good friends, so that was too good of a deal to pass up.

You will see this in my confessionals, but I really did want to take you to the end at first, David. My initial plan when the cast was revealed was to be sitting next to the two of you. However, I think that the last time we played together may have been a bit off-putting for you, and week after week it became just a little bit more evident that you were scared of taking me to the end and losing again, even if that weren't something that would happen. This peaked for me when Cody left. I realized immediately that I over-stepped my boundaries and rubbed you and Joey the wrong way by pushing for Alex to go so hard. And then us not voting together when Connor went home just was the final nail in that coffin even though you did a good job trying to patch it up after. I would have personally loved to sit next to you as we are great friends, but I knew that you would probably beat me AND even if you didn't, it was a risk taking you far because we both know you were willing to make a move against me, as much as you would have felt bad about it.

I really do believe that this is the final three that I would've wanted. Alex and Ethan are others Qaz and I considered taking, but ultimately decided for various reasons that Raul was a better option. He was one of the closest people to us, saw what we were doing up close, and still wanted to go to the end with us. He even admitted several times that he knew he would probably lose to us and still didn't want to make a move, so that made him a prime candidate over others.
2113 days 17 hours ago
brandonrichie
•••David pt.2•••

"Who was the biggest one in saying my name because it doesnt just happen. Someone had to be saying it and I wanna know who"

I'm not going to bullshit you, I really did want you out and so did Ethan. I actually initially wanted to take you out right after Joey left as I saw all of the trouble and unpredictability you were stirring up, but due to things that popped up—such as Alexander emerging out from under the radar as a strategic threat and Will being both someone who won immunity and one of the only people to have the idol clue other than myself—I had to postpone this move until final eight. Like I said, I adore you as a person and regardless of how this ends I know we'll be great friends for years to come, but from a strategic standpoint I knew that you were one of the only people at that point in the game who had both the ability AND the drive (having both was very important—a lot of people had one or the other) to try and make a move against the Boogiemen (Qaz and myself), and so you had to go in order to get the two of us here. I apologize if I in any way hurt your feelings or damaged our friendship, but I hope that you can see and respect the game move from what it is and keep that separate from our personal relationship. I really do think you're so shmexy and haven't realized your homosexual feelings for me yet.

open group

BigBen Survivor - End of an Era

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!