This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

S1: Challenge 2: RESULTS

Topic » S1: Challenge 2: RESULTS

3354 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
Lewkers we have had some #bumps in this road but we are going to continue!

We lost another lewker who could not handle the pressure, Torsa removed herself!

Anyway lets carry on with our results today!!!
3354 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
First lets start with our DEWL

Delete: Worthless didn't submit

Best: http://prntscr.com/69igou

Brandon: I mean it is a lot better than what you had before, but this is still just a bunch of random shit you put on other stuff and called it a day. Maybe try next time!

Nik: *COULD NOT BE REACHED FOR COMMENT ON THIS LEWK*

Donaam: our paragraph explaining your look is the strongest point of your whole submission, and that’s kind of a problem. I feel like there was no reasoning behind any of these choices that you made – I get the impression that you scrolled through someone’s gift page, picked out everything you thought looked weird, put it on an avatar and tried to make a story to have it all make sense. And honey don’t let us see those photoshop lines in your submission.

By default Abel automatically moves forward to part 2 of the DEWL where he will face off with the last place LEWSER of this challenge
we will hear about that later on!
3354 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
LiteCitrus: http://i.imgur.com/SsVg5pL.png

Brandon: This is definitely outlandish, but it might be just a little too much so. I love the face, the third eye, the colors, and the background. However I am not a huge fan of the body because the outfit is honestly just too damn bright, it was just a bit too turned up. You did mix great elements together to achieve and eye grabbing LEWK tho.

Nik: This is very outlandish obviously, but it just strikes me as trying hard for some reason. There just a lot of huge elements and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to focus on because my eyes just go all over the place when I look at this. It's not bad by any means but its just off putting for me.

Donaam: Holistically, I like it. It’s very interesting and foreign, I particularly love how the skin looks. If I’m gonna get nit-picky, the third eye is bothering me. You clearly just rotated the left eye -90 degrees and called it a day. There’s only shadow on the left!?
3354 days 17 hours ago
donaam
your*
not "our"
my mistake.
3354 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
Wumblebee: http://i.gyazo.com/696aebb8fee5545a586417739791c4a1.png

Brandon: I am not gonna lie…I don’t have a lot to say this, mostly because you look like a really disgusting like…………something I am not sure what. Nothing here really works together, I mean if you had put some type of real face and not what looks like a bird’s eye view of a trashcan it might have really been something. With the face this all just looks really slapped together and non-coherent

Nik: Okay now this definitely is try hard like... what were you thinking? It really looks like you gave a class of second graders paint and told them to throw it at each other and then you crowned the kid with the most paint on them with some ugly centipede covered headpiece. EDIT EDIT EDIT because I've seen what you can do and this definitely wasn't you staying true to yourself.

Donaam: Ok you did what the challenge asked. It’s attention-seeking and unique. It’s so messy though, I don’t think the colors work well with each other and I don’t understand the repetition of prickly black lines. I’d appreciate it more if it was thoughtful rather than just a clusterfuck thrown together on paint.net
3354 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
Slice: http://i.imgur.com/hWKBZA0.png

Brandon: I LIVE! This is definitely a lewk! I love the big crazy eyelashes, the giant lips, and the titties for days! It all works and really fits a coherent theme of bigger is better and it really is! Not sure why there is a plane there tho but okay work.

Nik: MICHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLE VISAGE!!!! This is such a piece of art honestly it belongs in the Louvre. Everything is so exaggerated and it all flows well together in some weird way. I bust my ass laughing when I first saw it and when I finally looked at it closer up it is extremely creative and well thought out. I wish you had some dildo necklace or something to give it class but you know maybe next challenge girl.

Donaam: I’m really drawn to this look! Everything is BIG, I love the concept. I just don’t understand why the eyes are so small, and I think you missed an opportunity with the clothes. If you had some sort of dress/top that took advantage of the “big” theme rather than making a skimpy bikini, you would have completely knocked it out of the park for me.
3354 days 17 hours ago
donaam
by paint.net I meant MS Paint lord I'm such a mess
3354 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
HowLovely: http://i.imgur.com/baQOml8.png

Brandon: I like how this has a theme, but the theme isn’t all that crazy or over the top. It does attract attention though. The only part of the lewk I really, really dislike is the scratches, just because you can find a png of something doesn’t mean it actually works well with what you are doing. It was a solid effort submission and definitely well put together tho.

Nik: This is cute but it really wasn't what the challenge was asking for. I feel like you got lost trying to make it pretty and it just came off as bonnie mckee in a saw movie or something. Its just boring but it would have worked in another challenge, just not this one girl.

Donaam: I really do enjoy this look… but I think it’s for the wrong challenge. This isn’t particularly outlandish or attention-seeking. Conclusion: underwhelmed by concept, but your execution is great.
3354 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
Tofutime: http://i.imgur.com/dbEZKty.png

Brandon: I really love this submission!!! It is very pretty and definitely went above and beyond what you did last time. I love that you are just covered in glitter! You are basically a living piece of art in this one! I will say the only critique would be possibly a different background because the glitter on glitter can get a little confusing

NIk: OPULENCE PLAYS SOFTLY IN THE BACKGROUND: Girl I really loved this. Its very haute couture and the iridescence of the wings is so cool and different. I thought the hair could have been more thought out because its just like flat compared to the rest of the lewk, and to be honest she could have even came out bald it would have WERKED! But nevertheless, its great and a step up from last week.

Donaam: I’m not particularly thrilled by this. It’s not bad by any means, but I think it would have turned more heads if you had metallic glitter on her skin rather than as her skin. Taking away her actual skin makes everything look flat.
3354 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
Alanduncan: http://i.imgur.com/5tKBSl8.png

Brandon: I think what really lost it for me was the fact that I had seen it before, in a competition about creativity it might not be your best choice to go with something that half the judging panel has seen before. I mean it’s a pretty solid lewk, I guess. The outfit is very outlandishly racist and then it’s giving you all that “I’m a high 16 year old girl at Bonaroo pretending I am native American couture.” I also like how you broke the boundaries between the classic “dot or teepee?” and just did both.

Nik: I don't care for this and its probably because I've most likely seen it before. Its trippy but that's mostly due to the background like the rest falls flat and screams try hard to me. This isn't my lowest score but its nothing to gag over sorry.

Donaam: I’m a bit overwhelmed here. If this challenge was “throw as many different cultural archetypes onto an avatar as possible,” this would be a runaway. An Indian bindi with a Native American headband, a Madonna’s Hard Candy background and an I don’t even know what kind of top seems very careless. And honey you need to figure out your lip situation.
3354 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
PurpleCows: http://prntscr.com/692wni

Brandon: What is disappointing about this is how it is nothing but a bunch of random shit thrown together. Like really it all has nothing to do with each other at all, also what is that weird black bar behind the hair??? Like I do think these are all great pieces, but I don’t see them finding their way together to be a strong lewk

Nik: LIKE I like parts of this but it really is thrown together and you can clearly tell. "Outlandish" isn't a synonym for sloppy and you have to realize that. I'm sure the other judges will have more to say about this than I do.

Donaam: I like looking at it. If I was into female avatars I’d totally go for something like this tbh. In terms of the look, again I’m not too fond of the headpiece but that might just be my opinion. You didn’t quite step up to the plate in terms of making an outlandish look, though. You gotta really COMMIT to challenges like these!
3354 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
Sterling: http://i.imgur.com/IwulpK1.png

Brandon: I really have no idea what this is and I love it! The crazy skin with no face, the toast, it is all giving me an outlandish and creative lewk. The dress is also very beautiful and I love the necklace I just love this. I have no critiques at all.

NIk: This is wei wei wei too cute girl. You definitely knew my weak point and this really shows off your technical skills at your best. I'm trying not to be biased but I honestly love everything, and I kind of have to boot the top, it seems very last minute to me. Great job though!

Donaam: I’m so interested in this look. It’s nice to see you being so creative and unapologetically taking such risks. You nailed the challenge theme, and it’s also polished and put-together. Nice job.
3354 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
Mattmon: http://i.gyazo.com/37c243ae97c747a6c7e0577ac536422f.png

Brandon: WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! This is so amazing, just like this creepy fucking piece of amazing couture pop art. Like this really blew me away!!

Nik: I wanna kiss whatever dark voodoo sorceress rose you from the ground because bitch you are making me live and die at the same time as well. The hair is different and I love the eyes and flowers and so many elements juxtapositioned to give this shock value that I love. You really are showing your entire potential very early on and I hope you don't slip up any time soon.

Donaam: This is such a great photo of Natalia Kills! I love the aesthetic, it’s very creative and well executed. My only critique would be that the inconsistency between a realistically (using that term loosely) shaded face and an 8-bit looking torso and top.
3354 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
Jgoodies: http://i.imgur.com/cX78hWi.png

Brandon: This lewk is really middle of the road to me (HAHA~), anyway it just doesn’t really blow my mind at all. First off we have the green and orange flip flop that is actually just ugly both ways; also the black side of you doesn’t fit in the dress.  Those parts really bring you down and the parts that bring you up really are kind of average.

Nik: I don't particularly like this just because it was a very overused concept that I've seen done hundreds of times. Its a very basic avatar, and if you put either side of it and flip it neither are outlandish. Its relying on a gimmick and I understand that was the challenge but still I am not a fan. The colors are distracting too sis damn I am mean.

Donaam: So you went with a color-driven theme rather than using fashion to make your avatar outlandish. I like the idea, I just wish the execution was better. What’s the logic behind blue and red being opposites? Orange and green? Blonde and silver? I’d complain that the design choices aren’t very interesting, but I’ll overlook that since that wasn’t your objective.
3354 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
Okay lets move on to the results!

our safe lewkers are:

Tofutime
LiteCitrus
HowLovely
Jgoodies
PurpleCows
AlanDuncan
3354 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
That leaves our top lewks

Slice
Stering_Butter
Mattmon3365

and our........bottom lewk

Wumblebee who will be facing AWF with our DEWL winner Best

open group

THE LEWK: Season 1

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!