This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

S1: Challenge 1: RESULTS

Topic » S1: Challenge 1: RESULTS

3359 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
Welcome #LEWKERS it is time for the judging of your first challenge!
For this competition EVERYONE will be critiqued!

I do have an announcement
Fellow lewker Thomas removed herself from the competition, the pressure was all too much for her.

BUT THIS JUDGING WILL STILL GO ALONG AS PLANNED!!!
So lets get LEWKENING
3359 days 17 hours ago
HowLovely
yas
3359 days 17 hours ago
Delete2544
LET'S DO THIS
3359 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
We will be going in order of submission
first up, Delete2544
3359 days 17 hours ago
Gardenia
https://38.media.tumblr.com/2799ce4905ba8d4f6205fac656d5a11c/tumblr_n7rfmljwZ61rg4woco10_400.gif
3359 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
Delete2544:
http://gyazo.com/fb2d6381c02f2f30a28b772dda5fe506

Brandon: I feel like this LEWK just isn’t finished. It was really half done, I feel like I have learned nothing about you in this besides that you for some reason like having 4 eyebrows. You just slapped some colors on a dress and then put a hair on and it was done after that. I would like to see more over the top fashion then just day time trip to the store. I gave you 5 days to refine the submission and you chose to do it in like 12 minutes and it looks like a 12 minute submission.

Nik: Well, this is just downright boring as hell like you used a Gemma hair and some top from Lucindas shop, but you also managed to discover how to clone DNA and you chose to do it on your eyebrows so congratulations. Also why you crying who hurt you what happened tell me please....

Donaam: Even if you hadn’t posted that 5 minutes after the challenge was put up, I would have known that you spent basically no time on this look. The 4 eyebrows and low-set bug eyes with boring hair aren’t cutting it for me. Edit!

Andy: I love how you use 2 sets of eyebrows its really unique. but the rest of the look is really basic
3359 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
AlanDuncan
http://i.imgur.com/gbrp0BV.png

Brandon: There are parts of this I like and then parts that I don’t. Starting with the like I do like the dress, and I like the boa, but that is pretty much it. The background makes no sense with that outfit, and some choices in the face did not work in your favor as well. The lips look a little off center and I am not sure if you know what a lipstick lesbian is. I mean for you to specifically do the exact opposite of lipstick lesbian with the hair choice is really unfortunate.  I think what would help you better is to make sure that you know your theme and that you also coordinate all the pieces together in a way that makes sense.

Nik: I am glad Niall Horan collabed with the Tellitubbies and Las Vegas showgirls to create a cleft lipped baby. She really is beautiful and she would be the best lipstick lesbian avatar ever if you were designing for the complete opposite of a lipstick lesbian. Really tho for real this looks like the My Drunk Kitchen girl in some PBS show 0/10 bad bad bad.

Donaam: Your idea was there, but your execution was backwards. Lipstick lesbians don’t wear pixie cuts. Even if you had appropriate hair, though, those lips are still misplaced. Also, I don’t really get an upper-class vibe from this

Andy: I see where you were going with this but i really hate the fact that you used niall hair, the background and those eyes. What were you thinking. Tho i do love the mouth with that dress. it wroks fabously.
3359 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
WumbleBee
http://i.gyazo.com/9823ed33bd44b486d90623f04468d743.png

Brandon: I really, really love this LEWK from you.  I love the colors, I love the background, I love the hair, I love the dress, I love the bow, I love, love, love!!! It all coordinates perfectly and to me I feel like you didn’t drown the colors out in a tacky way. However when it comes to applying your own makeup I would suggest playing with transparency and other visual effects to make it appear less like drops of paint on your face. Also remember to clean up your edges here and there and really pay attention to details that were left uncolored.

Nik: YAAAAAAS BITCH GIVE ME ALL THE GLITTER FROM MICHAELS!!! This is the first good one I have seen so I'm not sure if this is just so good to me because the others were awful but who cares. I love the colors and the dress is amazing and the dots on your face are so interesting (though I wish I had gotten an explanation) but I don't care!!! I wish the hair was different because it seems odd, but your sense of color coordination is evident and I hope you use that going into this competition.

Donaam: I love how you took a risk! The colors and face embellishments are really pretty. My only problem is that I have a hard time telling where the hair ends and the dress begins.

Andy: I love how you blended all the colours together and thought outside the box, i really actually enjoy the look. the only thing i can say that you should do is with the dots on the lips make them not look so pixilated.
3359 days 17 hours ago
Gardenia
I am glad Niall Horan collabed with the Tellitubbies and Las Vegas showgirls to create a cleft lipped baby.
3359 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
Abel
http://i.imgur.com/qiAOGPG.png

Brandon: I hate to say this but this is tragic, like this is a full on #SHEMERGENCY and you need help. It’s just ugly; I mean androgyny can be portrayed in a different way besides long hair with a badly fitting t-shirt. The only true critiques I have for it is that it should be completely scrapped and restarted. And if you have 5 days to learn something new, take time to learn it. I will say, however, that it is always the right time to use WWEMRPEEPS scene girl hair.

Nik: Oh honey this is just sad to look at. I had hopes for you coming into this, because I know if you tried you could make a lot of fierce looks, but this was just bad. I didn't like any of it and you can tell you made it in five minutes, and you didn't even bother cropping like girl at least prntscrn it!!! If you survive this, which I'm not sure you will, I hope you can turn it out because I know this isn't your best.

Donaam: None of this is working for me. It’s ugly and irrelevant to the challenge. It’s not giving me “androgyny” at all! I know you’re creative – show us!

Andy: I really think this is the most boring of the looks i have seen in thus far. there isnt much more i can say cause it is sooooo boring.
3359 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
Tofutime
http://i.imgur.com/PPpRam7.png

Brandon: This isn’t bad, but it doesn’t blow me away and that is disappointing. So my critique for you is to just go bigger, bolder, and more creative. Do something a little bit unexpected, this kind of looks like a 10th grade girl just like…going to the dance or something.

Nik: This was a hard flag to work with I'm sure, but it doesn't look like any creativity was put into it like you just found the first few black and white stripes designs you saw and slapped them on an avatar. I don't really get the paint splatters on your top, but the upside is that its easy to look at despite the loud background.

Donaam: I was expecting so much more from you. Maybe I’m just biased against the Gemma lips + Wonderland eyes + Gemma hair trifecta. You can use one or maybe two of those but once you put all three together it makes any avatar looked rushed and boring. I guess I like the top though

Andy: I love how you decided to go with a less coulor of a topic. I think you worked the look really well. it is alittle boring tho.
3359 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
LiteCitrus
http://i.imgur.com/68Wuxf7.png

Brandon: The good parts of this bring it up way more than the bad parts bring it down. I love this hair, the use of colors, and the background. Where I am not such a huge fan is the face, I don’t like the eyes and those lips are really, really weird looking. I guess my best critique would be to do something mostly about the lips they are so strange looking and long and just weird. But other than that it looks really nice.

Nik: Mama this is what I'm talking about!!! This is so weirdly beautiful and all the elements you used really worked well together. You didn't pile on a bunch of stuff onto her (or them what the fk is autosexual anyway) but you didn't need to so good job. My only critique would be that being matchy matchy is tacky, and a different lip color would have definitely on worked well here. Good job regardless!

Donaam: Your concept could be stronger, but I like the look. I don’t know what it is but I’m getting an “I’m in love with myself” vibe from her facial expression. Maybe that’s by accident, but I think it works! Just be more careful not to make her teeth blue next time

Andy: This look is giving me life. you thought WAYYYYYYYY outside the box and i really enjoy it. Not to mention the non use of obvo designs is a huge plus.
3359 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
PurpleCows
http://prntscr.com/65ouy4

Brandon: I actually really love this lewk, it is really giving me everything. The black lipstick was a brilliant choice and I love the dress and I love the dress. The only thing that it is slightly off is the weird hair because it has no dimensions to it really it is just like a black shape, but other than that good job!

Nik: I'm not sure how to feel about this. It reminds me of Katy Perry if she were like a librarian and that's not a compliment. Like I've said, a different lip would have been nice because you didn't need to use the same four colors but like... that's all I don't have much to say she is very middle of the pack.

Donaam: She’s giving me “I’m sexy like Katy Perry yet quirky like Zooey Deschanel.” You did a good job; my only critique would be that I’m not a huge fan of the headpiece.

Andy: from what it looks like to me i really appreciate you making a bigger girl. the matching of the lips and hair really sets off my girl parts.
3359 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
Sterling
http://i.imgur.com/qyIMQi5.png

Brandon: I love all the elements together, but I guess with the role of bear I wanted something a little bit more masculine and butchy. You have nice pieces that are coordinated and really nice looking so I guess it isn’t fair for me to pass personal choices and assumptions I made about submissions but I think the outfit would have really lewked stronger all butched up.

Nik: I didn't like this much when I first saw it, but its grown on me a lot. Its very cute and I can feel the aesthetic coming out of her furry self. The headband is kind of odd and I don't think it works, but this is a solid look even though I'd have a few (Ursa) minor tweaks haha bear joke okay good job.

Donaam: Your execution is great. Everything about it screams “bear.” I know how polished you can make your looks, I guess I just want to see more concept, more creativity

Andy: Your bear Pride really shows. if i didnt know what the topic was i would be able to tell right away. This is definaltly one of my favorite looks i really love it.
3359 days 17 hours ago
Brandonator
Jgoodies
http://i.imgur.com/nGU6t95.png

Brandon: This submission was pretty solid, the hair and the nose ring really make it stand out to me. I love the way you made the hair look and the unique choice for your lips. However the shirt is really bad, not like ugly bad, but badly made. It looks really messed up I am not sure what happened there but that is definitely a huge issue with the lewk. Also I am OBSESSED with making sure people fill in the hair behind the neck and you have the TINIEST little dot ever there, always just do a quick paint tool stroke behind the hair and skin to fill that in!

Nik: I am definitely biased towards this color scheme so congratulations. This is so so so cute and I love the face like its so different for whatever reason and the iridescence of everything works well. Also that top works well for ha titties good werk.

Donaam: I’m very conflicted about certain aspects of this look. I love the hair and the nose ring is cute. However, The top doesn’t fit with the style of the rest of the avatar, and honey that upper lip looks like a mustache. I like that you took risks, though.

Andy: I surprisingly really love the look. you blended everything well together i love the more punk rock look to it. only thing i wish is maybe using a different dress. it is really kinda plain for the rest of your look
3359 days 17 hours ago
HowLovely
I am next help

open group

THE LEWK: Season 1

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!