This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Week 6 Results + Poll

Topic » Week 6 Results + Poll

947 days 16 hours ago
Kiara_xoxo
https://picasion.com/gl/91/f0Mk.gif

Ok, Rock was a highly anticipated theme while some took this challenge flawlessly a couple fell flat on their face. I promise the bottom 2 this week be a surprise……………. Also, our lovely contestant Blogs went inact and haven’t been seen for days. One of the judges even left a comment for him, we wish him the best but he has to be med eval. Dennis: Blogs where you at bro ?

Since Blogs departed I decided to throw a surprise twist of bringing back a past contestant. *Crowd cheers as Jess walks on stage and sits*

Moving along……
Allow me to introduce Mike (@mikec51)  who is a professional singer himself who loves rock music! His expertise feedback will be valuable for y’all !!
https://media.giphy.com/media/WLumSVDKSNQ19OrAPC/giphy.gif

In no particular order, I will reveal the top 4….Then the middle 3 and finally the bottom 2. I did not edit judge comments this is the raw reaction.

Preview...

𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝟕 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞: 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲. 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐬 𝐚 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞!
947 days 16 hours ago
Kiara_xoxo
Top 4 in no order

Blu: K- First time hearing a Christian rock song actually loved it. I think you definitely stepped it up from last week and I enjoyed it. M- I was swaying with your voice and I could hear it clearly. Good job. D- This was not a favorite for me but not a bad entry you’ve done much better in previous weeks
Mike- I sing a lot of Christian rock myself so I appreciated this selection. I’m so happy you took the risk to really push yourself at the end. It seemed you were right at the cusp of your range in those moments but pushing yourself is what we’re looking for at this stage of the competition. A couple moments were a little pitchy but it is evident you have a solid voice.

Burberry- K- This was a slow emotional song. I enjoyed it a lot. Superb this was your theme! M- My man hates this song and he stopped what he was doing and asked me what version this was. Great job, incredible voice. D- Great song choice and you you executed it well, you have been very consistent this competition. Mike- You have phenomenal vibrato and the cracks in your voice is what makes you unique. I love this song and it suited your voice perfectly while sticking with the theme so great choice. I was waiting for a glimpse of chest voice towards the end for more dynamics but you did a great job!

Zach: K- You been on my personal top for weeks but this may have been the slip up for me. I think this wasn’t the right song for you and I was disappointed.  M- your voice was beautiful as always. I just don’t think it was meant for this song. D- To me not a strong submission from you this week week but still good enough in my mind to continue on. Mike- You have a very reggae sound so this was cool to hear on a rock song. Your voice is perfect to sing Maneater. The cries at the end of your phrases is a nice stylistic touch I would just be mindful to try to intentionally place when you do that so it’s not quite as frequent and makes more of an impact when you do it.

Kenneth: K- I felt like the audio overpowered you this week. Not my favorite from you at all sadly. M- You hit me right in the soul this week. I was jamming so hard. You are a frontrunner in my eyes. D- Another solid submission, I appreciate the risk you take with songs and its been paying off. Mike- When I first saw this song I thought it wouldn’t fit the theme but it’s your voice in general that has a rock sound so putting your spin on it really worked. This is very much my vibe and something I would probably do so naturally I love it. I’m looking for powerful moments and you delivered just that and I really didn’t want it to end. If this is how your other performances have been you are a force here.
947 days 16 hours ago
Kiara_xoxo
The middle 3 in no order

Elian: K- I feel like your voice cracked a few times during this. Not your best submission but not your worse either. M- I enjoyed your performance, you have a good sense of pitch but could work on your control. D- You have good voice and i enjoyed your song choice this week but this felt like a safe entry. Mike- I like that you gave some falsetto in a rock song. You stayed in the pocket of the song very well but I was hoping for you to belt out a note at some point because I think you’re capable of it. I would’ve liked more risk to be taken but this was a good performance.

Jess:  K- Jess girl you need a new mic! You coming back being the surprise and I feel this song was great for you. Even with the audio issues I enjoyed this submission a lot. M- welcome back! the parts of your voice I could hear were good and I love the song choice. D- I really enjoy your voice (when I can hear it) if you can resolve your recording issues you'd definitely be ranked higher each week. Mike- Welcome back! This is exactly what I’m looking for. The best part was when you were belting the chorus, but you also held your own in the verses. Your voice on this song actually reminds me of a girl who sang this on an international version of The Voice. This is the performance to give to solidify your place back in the competition, perfect dynamics well done!

Stuie: K- Oh I love this song and it fits your voice well. I love mash ups and think you did it well but did the second song fit the rock theme is what I need to reflect on. M- Another case of a beautiful voice that just felt out of place with the song/theme. I still enjoyed. D- This was a fun submission from you, your efforts show each week and to me, this was another entry from you that delivered. Mike- You have a gorgeous very recordable voice I can’t deny that and the performance was good but I was left wanting more. The mashup was an interesting choice but unfortunately, neither song nor your arrangement gave me rock vibes. I understand that’s not your thing but I was yearning for more dynamics or just a solid moment where you really pushed yourself. Great voice and I love the message you are trying to convey but I think the theme just got in your way this week.
947 days 16 hours ago
Kiara_xoxo
Which means for a shocking poll the bottom 2 where only one person stays is.........

Jin: K- It like you was talking during this not singing. The whispers in the beginning was the best part. M- you took a big risk without an instrumental, it sounds like you had a lot of fun. Good job. D-
This was actually my favorite entry from you so far. And this song is always a classic. Mike- It’s impressive you were able to stay on beat without music but I have to admit I was missing the music as it’s an integral part of this song. This is another song that allows you to show personality but at the same time detracts from hearing your true voice until the chorus. This was fun but I am not sure if this was the best choice for an a cappella performance.

Jimmy: K- You adding music this week was a big switch up for you. I honestly think you was a bit faster at some points. I don’t know if it was the song or what, but this left me like what is going on. My least favorite from you sadly. M- Oh friend, this was not your theme. I absolutely adore your voice but that song choice was’nt it for me D- To me this was one of the weaker entries this week compared to others. I enjoy your voice but this week wasn’t it. Mike- Choosing this song allowed you to show a lot of personality. I really got to know you as an artist in one performance. I noticed you mentioned this might’ve been one of if not the first time you sang with background music here and at times you were struggling to keep up with it a bit, that will get easier over time. You really shined in the chorus where I got to hear more of your full voice beyond the theatrics and I was looking for more of that because you have a good voice.
947 days 16 hours ago
Kiara_xoxo
Closer to the wire so more surprising polls will be following... Gl you too

Poll will close on Sunday at 7 pm EST

𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝟕 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞: 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲. 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐬 𝐚 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞!
947 days 16 hours ago
Jacadeux
I would like to mention here that I should definitely have also taken an extra two days to produce a more refined product. We all want to submit our very best work.

If I survive, I will be taking advantage of this week for sure. My main aim was to not sing another slow song and show that I could so something else. I'm a little surprised at how little... what I would call "rock" there was submitted this week, but I'll get over it I suppose. LOL.
947 days 16 hours ago
VanitySmurf
Thank you 🙏🏽 judges!

GL Jin and Jimmy
947 days 16 hours ago
Jacadeux
And also. I love Jin's song so I'm scared. XD XD XD
947 days 16 hours ago
brightongal
I’m sorry I’ll start fully listening to the song before submitting I just listen half way
947 days 15 hours ago
konohavillage1
Thank you for the critiques and compliments! I’m trying to find that balance in my voice where I’m not too loud or too quiet, I’ll keep trying Kiara.

Good luck Jin and Jimmy. Someone help me with this next theme lmao
947 days 13 hours ago
zach3051
Thank you all so much for the safety! Rock was the genre I was the most worried about going in so the fact that I made it through this round was a blessing ❤️ Gl Jimmy and Gin!
947 days 6 hours ago
ilovetosing
Thank you judges and gl Jimmy!

I hope that this week we'll have a no elimination twist in the end.

Lol.
946 days ago
Kiara_xoxo
Here’s  the results we been waiting for…..

Jin and Jimmy  please come on stage and join me.

In my hands are the results that will end someone’s singing careers before it fully started on Kiara's Idol.

https://community.adobe.com/legacyfs/online/1061787_001.gif

Jin please step forward..

You are 𝗦𝗔𝗙𝗘

Meaning Jimmy you must Exit Stage Left immediately!!!

Congrats to Jin (56.5%)  please join the rest of the contestants on week 7 submissions thread.

Jimmy you was my winners pick and I am floored to see you leave. Your rare sound be missed in this competition. Keep singing!
946 days ago
Jacadeux
Love you all and thank you for the experience!  Imma go price rocking chairs and retirement homes now.
946 days ago
VanitySmurf
Congrats Jin :).  Commiseration Jimmy, you are one heck of a singer. <3
945 days 18 hours ago
konohavillage1
Awww bye jimmy :( congrats Jin!

open group

Kiara’s Idol

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!