This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

The Apprentice - Interviews

Topic » The Apprentice - Interviews

759 days 3 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Candidates! You have now made it to the final 5. Teams are now dissolved and the last 2 rounds of the game are individual. This round is interviews and will test your knowledge and contributions of the game up to this point. It's pretty simple: Answer the questions below and send them to me when you're finished. Once I have everyone's answers I will post them and then 2 people will be fired. Note that there is no more Board Room, so these questions are the only chance you have to prove you should make it to finale night.

Questions:
1. Briefly recap how the game has gone for you up until this point. How would you rate your overall performance on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the worst and 10 being the best?
2. What single idea or contribution to a task are you the most proud of this season?
3. What do you think your biggest mistake was this season, and how did that shift your perspective on the overall game?
4. What was your favorite and least favorite task and why?
5. If you had to bring one eliminated player back (quitters can't be picked), who would you choose and why?

Answers are due by 6 PM EST tomorrow, April 1st. Good luck!
757 days 18 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
James:

1. Briefly recap how the game has gone for you up until this point. How would you rate your overall performance on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the worst and 10 being the best?

Honestly I would say a 9 actually. There is always room for improvement.
But, looking at every single task, excluding the last one which was a team problem, I have contributed many things in each task, and in every task have had my ideas credited and praised - and very frequently being something that was singled out. And that was the case whether we won or lost.

I also think the fact that I did get a Project Manager win, and despite losing my second time as PM still being told ‘this is the second best submission of this entire game’, and that time it being entirely my own vision of what I wanted, I think that goes to credit my strength as a player throughout this season.

As stated, I also have self awareness to downgrade myself 1 mark yes! I was only actually BROUGHT back to the boardroom once, and in that case I was never at risk of leaving. Every other time it has been a default thing, and had it not ended up being default, I believe that 2 of those 3 times [again, the third being the most recent task] I would have avoided.
=========

2. What single idea or contribution to a task are you the most proud of this season?
I can’t lie, although we ultimately lost, it would be the Lessons Learnt task. That entire product was my vision, and one of the reasons we did lose would be credited to not having any voice over for our verses, and my vision had my voice doing that, I had recorded speaking all of the verses too, it was just simply because our team was less familiar with knowing how to piece together something like that that we were unable to incorporate that ultimately. But the whole concept of that stemmed from me and I was actually very happy with the outcome, as said just above, it got the credit it deserved of being the second best submission of the entire game.
=========

3. What do you think your biggest mistake was this season, and how did that shift your perspective on the overall game?
I believe that my biggest mistake was letting our ship sail with the dead meme task. Although I still pushed forward ideas that people were fond of, I think I should have been more assertive in… not going with the concept that we did. Because that concept was a key reason we lost. And whilst there is some awareness needed between the fine line of trying to suggest an idea and ultimately letting the PM have their vision, I think I should have stronger suggested that we should not have gone with that. And it was partially that that encouraged me to understand I need to be more vocal and assertive with my opinions for the rest of the game, to allow myself to stand out further. And, the very next task, I was able to do just that, so I believe effectively bounced back from my mistake.
=========

My favourite task was probably Task 9. I don’t want to sound like a broken record just talking about this task, but I’m not going to pretend something else was my favourite just because… although I have enjoyed a lot of the tasks. Task 1 actually came to mind too as a potential as I was able to out of the gates come across strong with ideas, or Task 3 where I devised an entire poster that got us a win for Our LEGacy. But Task 9 as I felt fully in control of what we were producing, and so many qualities of it were praised that stemmed from my ideas, and just ultimately that 4 minute video that was produced, I did feel genuinely proud.

My least favourite task I suppose would have been the most recent task, as we did not exactly… do it. But other than that, because that is an easy cop out and as a strong independent business man I do NOT always take the easy route out! Other than that, probably the dead meme task. As for similar reasons stated prior, I was never really able to get entirely into the final meme concept we rolled with, which made it difficult to dig deep and find the passion within me to support it, although I was ultimately able to. But yeah it felt we were running off of a lot of spontaneous ideas without entirely thinking if what we were doing was… the right thing, ie … an actually good meme.
=========

5. If you had to bring one eliminated player back (quitters can't be picked), who would you choose and why?

I would have to say Sandy. I think Sandy had a lot more to give, and whilst I never had the chance to work with Sandy during this game, I know that she has a strong independent business woman mind that would thrive and has the creativity bank to contribute to many challenges.

Before Sandy’s # shock boot in Episode 6, I thought she was a fruit runner to quite possibly win the entire season, or definitely someone I would have thought would have gone a lot further. I think she is a great asset to have, and worthy of One Mo’ Chance.
=========

Final Comment:
I believe I deserve a chance to prove myself in the final showdown of why I should be the winner of the VivPrentice. I have put so much time and effort into this game, a little TOO much if anything actually, and have been present in every task, constantly being praised by people as a strong performer. I could tell you something in every task, excluding the last one, that I did that had praise from a judge, or even other game contestants. There like unironically actually is something from EVERY task, and that is a very proud feat I hold.

I would love to continue this process and make the final, as I believe, and KNOW I have it in me to win this game. And would just love the opportunity to prove that to you too.
757 days 18 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Sarah G:

I think I've had a pretty stellar showing this entire season. I was on a somewhat cursed team at the start, but every project I had a hand in was stellar, and even when we lost, elements I personally added were praised. I won both times when I was Project Manager and led my team to victory while working hard to get everyone involved in the process and contributing in some way. There were a few challenges I did not participate in as much as I would have liked to due to being busy in real life so I can't truly give myself a perfect 10, but I'd argue I was absolutely a 9 or even a 9.5.

Despite losing the challenge because of the Project Manager Freeze not submitting anything, I'm really proud of the submission I wrote and created graphics for over about a half an hour completely by myself. I genuinely believe it was significantly better than the other team's submission that I assume most of them were involved in and took much more time putting together. It was still good, I can't knock their hard work, but I struck gold that challenge and nailed it.

My biggest mistake this season was ever doubting any one cast member's possible value. A lot of the best contributions to tasks and memorable moments came from sources I wasn't necessarily expecting. Coco's suggestion of Maryanne Oketch coming to Absol's funeral ended up, with a rewrite of my own to inject more humor, being Absol's favourite moment of the night and what may have clinched us the win. There were gems in everyone and I needed to work a little harder to coax some of them out.

My absolute favourite task was the aforementioned funeral. After a rocky start with the flag and feeling like I maybe wasn't going to last long after the impressions I got of how people were going to take this whole game, I really came into my stride there and the whole concept was perfectly open ended and ripe for the kind of content I know I can make. It was a great round overall.

My least favourite task would've been the game mode task. I think it had the least room to really innovate and come up with something that really met the brief without either being the long boring explanation or the like wacky zany stupid game mode, which is exactly what happened.

I'm not sure if you would consider Sandy a quitter, but I truly think Sandy should be here in the finals. A great teammate on our original team, with a really solid grasp of how to succeed in the tasks, and tons of great contributions. I was personally predicting Sandy would make it to the interviews and honestly really enjoyed the scratch card meal more than many others that round.

open group

Will's One-Offs 6: The Apprentice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!