This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

The Apprentice - Round 10

Topic » The Apprentice - Round 10

767 days 20 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Candidates! Welcome back to your next task. This round will be guest judged by none other than the one and only mastropola. It's time to do "Too. Much. Drama."

For this task, you will be planning the first annual Tengaged Diabetes Convention, an event to raise awareness for a disease which affects millions of people around the world (when I asked him what his interests were to help plan this task, he replied, and I quote, "diabetes").

Your submission should include:
- A venue. Where are we holding this thing?
- 3-4 convention panelists, and what topics they're going to talk about related to diabetes (feel free to get creative with this!)
- Any supporting info you might want to add that would really help us get the feel for the environment you're trying to create

Once both teams have submitted, I will have him pick a winner! Submissions are due by 7 PM EST tomorrow. Good luck!
766 days 15 hours ago
Times_Places
hi our submission

we thank Mackenzie Scott for her contribution

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_UMS1z90aIKm1YdDiS1vnhFCGGEebjvFPlbRBWTg1pk/edit?usp=sharing
766 days 1 hour ago
SurvivorFan37
Mastropola's critiques:

Red: I'm a little LOST with the overall vision. It jumps all over the place between being gimmicky and serious. It ultimately looks like a TEAM worked on this (derogatory) and just plastered things onto the final document with no cohesion in mind. I don't understand the significance of hosting the convention on Roblox? Only to follow it up with a stem and leaf plot of 75ish% of accurate information? It ultimately just feels very BUSY. I thoroughly enjoyed your events- I love a good raffle and think the syringe shaped claw machine is very camp. The big finish however, also doesn't land. This arbitrary philanthropist has nothing to do with diabetes exclusivity and elicits no feelings from me.

Yellow: I think your approach of making the entire thing a joke was a GIANT risk, but the execution was surprisingly well done. The location of Wonka's factory is very tongue in cheek. Very haha diabetes xd sugar. I think the DiCon banner looks very commercial- I'd take one home and show my family if I came across one. An ENORMOUS grievance I have is the "diabetes-positive" sentiment among the LGBT community. I don't believe anything about the LGBT community should be positive and would therefore skip this day of the event. The one woman show sounds like a hoot & a holler but the real selling point is this conference of those who benefit from insulin costs increasing delivering a speech about why they should. The irony is right on the money and I love the third eye that was opened here. I think the vendors were a bit of overkill as far as leaning into the "diabetics eat too much sugar rofl" when the entire event is already set at the most magnificent fictional chocolate factory? We got the joke move on or get off the stage. The amnesty box for insulin syringes is really- wow, I'm speechless. I got a good chuckle at the playlist of diabetic adjacent songs. It's not PERFECT, and there are things I'm not TOO keen about, but overall very nicely done.

All things considered, one team came across more unified with a vision and really WENT for it this week. Congratulations Yellow!

open group

Will's One-Offs 6: The Apprentice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!