This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

The Apprentice - Round 7

Topic » The Apprentice - Round 7

773 days 18 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Candidates! Welcome back. As you already know guest judge Lukey has been brought in to whip you into shape this round. Get ready to play "Bombs from the Back"!

For this round each team will be planning a professional volleyball tournament to host the top volleyball talent from around the world. Your team's submission should include the following:

- Venue. Where is this going to be held? Assume that we can do this anywhere in the world and money is of no object.
- Players. Who (and/or what teams) are we inviting to play in this event? You don't need to list everyone just like 2-3 players/teams is fine.
- Sponsorships. Like it or not, every sporting event needs its fair share of sponsors for funding. What famous players, celebrities, and sports companies are we going to get to endorse us? 2-3 examples is fine.

As always, remember to designate a project manager and have them submit. Submissions are due by 9 PM EST tomorrow, in 24 hours. When both teams have submitted, Lukey will pick the winner. Good luck!
772 days 20 hours ago
ILoveSleep
Hello judges (Lukey), today we are proud to present our upcoming beach volleyball tournament!

https://i.imgur.com/M49HUy1.gif

8 illustrious teams will be competing in this charity event. They include

Seed 1: Dead or Alive Stars Marie Rose and Nyotengu
vs
Seed 8: Proud Black Women Rachel Dolezal and Daddydev

Seed 5: Telepathic (?) Twins Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen
vs
Seed 4: Moisturized and Botoxed Madonna and the Hag

Seed 3: Deaf Actress Marlee Matlin and Speedster Boston Tris
vs
Seed 6: Team USA Klineman and Ross

Seed 7: BFF4Lyfe Reality Stars Katie and Sadie
vs
Seed 2: Redhot Bombshells Lois Griffin and Princess Daisy

Our lovely sponsors include the feminine Summers Eve, the beautiful Bosnia and Herzegovina, the immortal Zwooper.com, and the homoerotic Republican National Convention.

The tournament will take place, here, Elliðaey, the private home of popstar Bjork.

https://i.imgur.com/6KaVN0g.gif

Hope you are all as excited for this star studded event as we are!

And of course, all proceeds will go the charity of Lukey's choice.

Thank you!
772 days 18 hours ago
HowLovely
Wow wow wow! I have to say that I am VERY impressed with both of these submissions tonight, and I honestly could see myself going to either one (notice how the quality of submissions immediately increases with my inclusion Will). Also, you all actually worked as a team, so props to you on that! I was going to grill you on teamwork, but I can just judge the final product. So, let’s get to team critiques:

YELLOW: Hello my mellow yellows! I think this was a solid submission, but I think there were areas of improvement. My biggest praise with this tournament is that I LOVE the teams. Every one of them feels totally unique and holds their own place in the tournament, and I would be really interested to see their banter during timeouts (The Hag teaching Madonna on tips on how to have more vitality, DaddyDev recommending Ms. Dolezal her bantu knot braider, Sadie calling Katie a marshmallow eating freak on a bad play, etc.) so I think you ACED that part of the presentation, and I’d be interested to see how the teams interacted throughout. Also I love a good alliteration so I’m all for “Beach Volleyball Bonanza”. As for the sponsors, they’re fine! They seem a bit random and sort of last minute, but I’m pro female-promiscuity so I’m all for Summer’s Eve. A popular Serbian volleyball player is from Bosnia, and republicans are funny so I think it works. My biggest gripe with this presentation is the venue. While I think it would be funny for Bjork to have riddle for the contestants, where would they play beach volleyball? The visual gag is there, yes, but there really isn’t any logistical place for them to play beach volleyball, or for people to watch (unless it’s a COVID situation). I think if you decided to host the tournament at the beach where they turn old, THAT would’ve been a sight to see, and makes more sense in the context of your tournament. One of the judges said this and I want to relay it to you all, that you leave a LOT of jokes out on the cutting room floor, and I think you need to make sure to have all your ducks in order before you present your final product. But you all did a great job on this mission!

RED: Hello my.. red Reds! I honestly expected you all to get blown out, and I was pleasantly surprised with your product this week! For starters, I think you all had a great idea in making the event have a theme in women empowerment. As a proud male misandrist, the AFROfuture is in feminism, so I respect all you (mostly? I think?) men for deciding to go with this idea. There were some minor grammar issues through the document, so I’d recommend looking it over before you submit though. For the positives, your venue and sponsor choices were much better than Team Yellow. To have it take place in Berlin and use already created beach volleyball courts is genius, and doesn’t require the extra leg work of Team Yellow’s venue. What I  especially loved were the sponsors! I really appreciate the insight to look through my blog to get inspiration (you can get my autograph after the panel), and I’m not quite sure what money 9MUSES would contribute, but I loved those girls along with my #VoodooKarma!, and Ms. Sheilla herself! I’m not the biggest fan of Angela Merkel, but she would cover the costs of 9MUSES and is a sensible choice with the theme in mind. For some negatives, your teams are not nearly as captivating as Team Yellow’s. They seem a bit random, and while they are “feminist icons”, I personally have a big problem with Chimamanda TERF Adichie. There are some gems (Team US/UK, Konstraka), but your teams really pale in comparison to Team Yellow. I’m also not sure who would pay Super Bowl prices for a tournament, as volleyball isn’t really that popular, but, who knows! This was a really solid submission though!

Alright I’m going to deliberate and then dramatically announce the winner in like 10 mins.
772 days 18 hours ago
HowLovely
Okay as I said before both of these submissions were pretty good, but I think there is one tournament I could see myself going to more. Congratulations....

https://i.imgur.com/rtsgwX4.gif

THE RED TEAM! Congrats, your venue and sponsors were better then Team Yellow's, and while your teams weren't as good, it wasn't mission-losing and were fine. It also felt very personalized to ME, which I applaud.

Yellow Team, I think you did a great job, but were slightly outshone. Sorry <3 Love you all

open group

Will's One-Offs 6: The Apprentice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!