This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

The Apprentice - Round 4

Topic » The Apprentice - Round 4

781 days 15 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Candidates, welcome back. You've survived another round, and the game continues.

This round's task is called "Niche Big Brother Website Administrator for a Day"

For this round, your job is to design a new tengaged game mode that your team would implement if you could be Randomize for a day. This one is pretty straightforward and self-explanatory, but in general your submission should include:

- The game mode/title (it can be a pre-established format or an original one, as long as it plays well and seems like it would be fun to do)
- Basic explanation of the format (also specify if it's a fast game or a slow game)
- The payouts for each placement
- Any supporting imagery you want to add to get your point across (optional)

Once both teams have designated a project manager and submitted, the judges will score each out of 10 while Viv will score out of 20. Highest score wins, the team that submitted fastest wins if there's a tie.

Submissions are due by 4 PM EST tomorrow (that gives you well over a day to do it). Any questions, feel free to ask. Good luck!
781 days 13 hours ago
CocoVanderbilt
Walks in.
780 days 9 hours ago
Times_Places
779 days 12 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Jimmy:

Jimmy:
Yellow Team: You basically ripped off the idea from other gaming websites. There really isn't an authentic or new ides being brought to the table with this. I feel like you took more time explaining the game's blueprint than you did actually thinking about an original concept.

3/10

Red Team: I do not know why I think that The Masked Singer as a TG game concept which ends in a minigame duel is so funny. However, I think this shit is hilarious... it makes no sense whatsoever but I almost enjoy that aspect of it because half of the games on TG make no sense to me either. This is 100% an original idea and I enjoy that about it. I just wish you had spent more time explaining more about the game because I genuinely think you could have gotten a 10/10 from me if you spent any time at all giving a game blueprint. Due to its originality I will be giving you a higher score than your counterparts.

5/10

Yellow - 3
Red - 5
779 days 12 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Ken:

Red- I definitely think y’all had the better concept game wise, because a tengaged masked singer game is hilarious and taps into that weird niche market of tengaged of group games where people cosplay musicians. So there’s likely already demand there. Your biggest flaw for me is that you didn’t flesh it out as well as the other team. Definitely funny, I just wanted a touch more, like I wish y’all included maybe a guess box so you could try and figure out the singer or something. Side note I swear that said f*guette and not baguette at first.

Yellow- On the opposite end, thank god y’all did a tl;dr cause… there was a lot of game explained here and I wasn’t quite understanding it all at first. I think that your game concept is ultimately less funny than the other team, but I’m sure a mafia style game would be a big hit in the “BRING BACK THE DUEL” demographic so smart choice… I just am not one of those people who wants the duel back I guess. Graphics again are cleaner than the other team.

Ultimately Reds does feel like a funnier submission to me but they went in the direction of a completely broken, useless site update (which randomize is known to do) whereas Yellow took it a little more seriously and made a game I could actually see being put on the site.
Sorry I needed to take a nap last night

Scores red a 6 and yellow an 8

Red - 11
Yellow - 11
779 days 12 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Rachael:

yellow - 8
red - 5

Yellow - 19
Red - 16
779 days 12 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Kiara:

Yellow 10/10 I love mafia games and the instructions seem easy to follow and fun to play

Red: 2/10 I feel like no one will play this. It lasts too long and for what. 30 plays and only two people can play a mini game at once? So what does the other ones do during the downtime. It be a lot of afk players. Boring. Only got a 2 from me because I love masked singer so pity points

Yellow - 29
Red - 18
779 days 12 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Viv:

Red (19/20)- I love the thought that you put into this! I do think that ultimately, while it is a little bareboned, it is succinct and the point is quickly made as to what the game is. The idea is fun, creative, and would get me excited to play it! I really wish there was a masked singer game on tengaged now. I also like the style of the graphic and the mask that you chose for the game.

Yellow (12/20)- It's a little predictable. We already had epicmafia and the idea of a mafia game is a little too archaic. We've seen so many iterations of any idea of a mafia game and there is nothing stand out or classic about it. I do appreciate all of the technicalities that you ironed out and combed through in your document though, I can tell it was a well written and thought out documentation even though the idea is lame as fuck.

FINAL SCORES:
Yellow - 41
Red - 37

Yellow Team wins!
779 days 12 hours ago
Slice
🤯
779 days 12 hours ago
CocoVanderbilt
I'm SICK.
779 days 10 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Tris drags Mario and Noah into the Board Room

Noah is declared safe.

Mario and Tris are both declared safe and Mario is moved to the yellow team.

open group

Will's One-Offs 6: The Apprentice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!