This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL | Mamanuca

Topic » FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL |..

1964 days 21 hours ago
CoachWade
@Josh

Brady - I feel like I sort of got duped my you in a way. I thought we had a solid connection in this game, and I am sure we did. But I felt like you just threw me by the way side on your way to the end. Yes you didn't have a huge part in me going home, but I came out of the game feeling a little off about you in the end. But you did play a great social game and even when there were times I thought about making a move on you, I didn't because I thought I could use that relationship to my advantage. I applaud you for that.

I just want to say thank you for saying that and I’m glad you can see that. I think social game is the biggest aspect of Survivor and I’m glad you can see that I excelled in that so thank you for those kind words.
1964 days 21 hours ago
CoachWade
@Billy

I would definitely describe my game as a stingray because I felt like in most of the game I was lurking through the shadows and anyone that was a target, I planned on stinging them so that I could win this game.

You know I had to sting people that weren’t useful to me and that started with people like Chris where I didn’t feel a good connection with him. I also had to sting James when I had to and at the end I had to sting you Billy because you told me upfront that you were voting me out and I knew that if I didn’t vote you I’d be going home for sure which was a smart move that I feel like I deserve credit for.

It seemed to me that people never saw me as a threat until it was too late. A stingray waits for the right time to sting and at the later portion of this game that’s exactly what I did and I think it allowed me to make more notice of myself.

And at the end people did see me as a threat and even Eoin just said that at f6 he was hoping I’d go home with one vote and I freaking didn’t so I was able to sting my way past that and sting others while they didn’t see it coming.
1964 days 21 hours ago
CoachWade
@BB

First of all I’ve never heard of any of these lol.

Of these 8 Agatha Christie Novels, which is my favorite? Please pick one!
Elephants Can Remember
Taken at the Flood
Five Little Pigs
Murder on the Orient Express
Dead Man's Folly
After the Funeral
Death in the Clouds
Hercule Poirot's Christmas

I bet your favorite is Five little Pigs.

Of these 8 Quranic Surahs, which is my favorite? Choose one!
Az Zariyat
Yusuf
Al Wa'qiah
Al Nas
Al Baqarah
Az Zukhruf
Ar Raham
Ad Duha

I think Yusuf is your favorite and if I got ayome of these right I’ll be so happy lol.
1964 days 20 hours ago
BOBROCKS333
If you had to describe your gameplay to an animal, what would it be?

This probably sounds strange but I would say a cockroach! I survived everything in this game and would not die, even with lots of people trying to kill me. I think a cockroach is very tenacious, and that's how I was in this game. Also a lot of people just automatically hate cockroaches and want to exterminate them without a second thought, and that's how I feel. People just wanted me out ASAP and assumed a lot of things about me that may not have been true.

But I'm here, I persevered, and I overcame the odds much like a cockroach in a nuclear war ;P
1964 days 20 hours ago
BOBROCKS333
Now for the fun stuff!
For all of you, I am still on the fence so these questions will decide your fate! These are completely random questions, so luck is all you have as of right now.

Of these 8 Agatha Christie Novels, which is my favorite? Please pick one!

Well not to copy Brady, but I was also thinking Five Little Pigs! Gotta say I'm personally a lil biased towards Miss Marple over Poirot though because she was the answer to a clutch trivia question for my team once :P

Al Nas! Just feeling lucky with that one
1964 days 20 hours ago
BOBROCKS333
Jacob - I have seen a lot of the "Immunity wins shouldn't get you the win" talk. But I think it is very admirable, you definitely wouldn't be here if you didn't win immunity. So I think it should account for more than they're giving you credit for it. You also did make a couple of savvy move with the advantages you had. Granted you could have been more social but I don't think that you were super anti social either.

Thank you Josh, I appreciate that coming from you! I think you are spot on and I agree that I could have been more social, especially when it was firmly me against the world haha.
1964 days 20 hours ago
Jive
Congratulations, everyone! I just hace a few questions for you:

1. How did your social game come into play this season?
2. What was your strategy coming into this game and upon going into thr end?
1964 days 18 hours ago
BOBROCKS333

The phrase "social game" has been thrown around a lot at this final tribal council, sometimes in connection with me having a lacking social game.

However, I think given how the game went, my social game was appropriate enough for the circumstances to be deemed worthy of a win. I had allies who were very loyal to me in Rhett and Dominique. This helped me because once Brady threw my name around at the Final 11 tribal, Dominique immediately told me so that I could go to work on saving myself.

I had good relationships with others, including Josh, which helped me in that same round. My name was out there as a target, but there were enough people in the game that did not immediately jump on that bandwagon, which allowed the discussion to stay open long enough for someone else, you Jive, to put a target on their back.

Going forward, Rhett was willing to give me his half of our idol, even when he was vulnerable, which I think says a lot about the social relationship there. I kept open lines of communication with people in the majority, even when I was safe and alone, in hopes of finding any cracks. Even when people had been targeting me just before, or arguing with me, or whatever, I never shut them out. I kept an open mind and just played the game to the best of my ability in the way I was basically forced to play.

It's not like I had no allies and talked to nobody. I was just on the other side of the game from the majority of the jurors, so my social game was stronger with others who are less vocal at this final tribal. But there is nobody on this jury that I never sent a single message to over the course of this game. Of course there's always room for improvement, I definitely could have talked more to all of the people who wanted me out and at least befriended them, but a lot of them had painted me as the villain for much of the game and didn't seem to want anything to do with me. Even when I was safe and a valuable possible vote, people didn't want to talk to me. Brady never attempted to talk to me at the One Day Tribes, when I could have easily taken him out with my vote steal instead of BB. People in the majority got complacent and didn't always (or ever) feel the need to talk to me, Rhett, or Dominique. So it's not like everyone except for me played a perfect social game, we all had our flaws, but I think my social game is part of what got me here for sure.

My strategy coming into this game was funnily enough to play a more social game, but other people immediately painted a big target on my back and kind of shut me out of their alliances and their plans. Original Qalito never went to tribal, so I never got a chance to test any bonds there, and then the swap brought over a group of people who I had been told were already against me even though I had done nothing to them. I was never given the chance to play the game I wanted to play, and I had to adapt into survival mode.

Near the end of the game my strategy was to win challenges since people had made it clear I was the number 1 target. If I had ever lost a challenge, I would've definitely tried anything and everything to stay, but I think everyone will agree that the chances of me staying were slim, especially since I had used all of my advantages to try to shake things up already.
1964 days 17 hours ago
CoachWade
Congratulations, everyone! I just hace a few questions for you:

I’m glad you asked that question because I think socially I was a lot stronger than people think which I think is the biggest point to a Survivor game. Josh even said that out of the 3 he figured I had the best social game and I think that’s true. You know I didn’t just ever stick with my alliance, I was always trying to talk to anyone I could in the game because I figured I may need other people to make a move.

Josh said that he felt basically betrayed at f6 because I didn’t vote like how he said and he probbaly thought of voting me but he never actually did it and that’s how I think you know you’ve got a good social game and I think that is the essence of what Survivor is really about. I was a returning player already with a target on my back and I know I’ve probbaly said this so many times but there is a reason that I was the last person to receive votes in this game. That’s isn’t because of luck and that’s because of a good social game. People seem to always think of voting me but they never actually did and even at f6 I was supposed to be a split vote backup plan that was planned by Josh to get me out. Jacob the person who knew I was coming after literally told me that I was getting a vote that night and he never voted me and that was the risk I took at f6 so I think I really deserve to win evacuee of that.

Out of my alliance of BB, James and Eoin I was able to keep great relationships with all of them and I was probbaly all of their number ones at different times in the game and even though they thought about getting me out late, it was too late and I freaking made it here.

Well obviously Jive you can relate to this. As a returning player in a newbie season, you have to try and blend in as much as possible. You’ve got to not create waves and get a solid foundation going for an alliance and that’s exactly what I did. I was in an alliance from the start with Eoin, James and BB and I knew that I kind of thought it’d be best to stick to that for as long as possible to start. Then the swap came and I knew I wanted to make more connections so I talked to birks that first day and I got a super good vibe from him. After the November vote, I already thought about Jacob as my next target.

I was very aware of how good in physical challenges he was and at f11 I wanted to throw the challenge and blindside him before the merge and it’d be me birks, Eoin and BB to do it. Unfortunately we were thrown for an unexpected loop when the merge game one tribal too soon and we didn’t get our chance but I was the person who threw the plan in place to throw the challenge.

At the merge my strategy still didn’t change right away. I just wanted to really connect with you and josh because we were all returners and I knew that’d be a good bonding point and Jacob was looking like the target tonight and then you went all crazy and wanted josh out.

That changed my strategy tbh because I planned on working with you and Josh  in the game and now I wasn’t able to. I think my strategy also changed she Bb left at the one day tribes. He was a close ally of mine and even though I wanted him out, I didn’t want him out at f9. I more so wanted him out at f7.

But then at f6, I think I came into beast mode when I had to. I knew I had to start making some plays or else I’d have no chance of beating Jacob at the end and I knew James was the next biggest player that head to go at either f6 or f5 so I tried to get him to use his idol or not have him use his idol and be blindsided because I knew I could not have both Eoin and James having idols heading into f5 because I knew that was way too risky for my game and they both played their idols and I took a big risk by doing this. Even though I didn’t vote josh, I kind of did indirectly vote him out because I really think that if I would of gone with Jacobs proposal then Billy would of gone home that night. Jacob wanted me to vote for Billy because he said I’d be out if I didn’t and Eoin played the idol bht I didn’t back down to the intimidation and Josh went home which was great for my game and then this led to James being pegged as the biggest target other than Jacob which alllowed him to be voted out after.

At the f4, I was really hoping Jacob would lose immunity because I figured if he did I could really win the game and that was the strategical position I set myself in but unfortunately he won inmunity and I had to fight for my life. I got Eoin to save me when it counted and I sent home Billy cause of a fire challenge.

So my strategy really changed from me being a under the radar player who was thought about being targeted but never actually was to a aggressive player at the very end. Once People saw me as a bigger threat that I was coming out to be, they tried to vote for me and it was ultimately too late due to my strategy and I was able to make it here!
1964 days 13 hours ago
BENLINUS
Out of my alliance of BB, James and Eoin I was able to keep great relationships with all of them and I was probbaly all of their number ones at different times in the game and even though they thought about getting me out late, it was too late and I freaking made it here.

——-

Isn’t this because Eoin wanted you at FTC, I would’ve gone FTC with you had you not voted me, and that BB never had the chance to turn on us due to the advantage at final 8. And wasn’t the FTC stuff linked to people thinking they could still win beside you rather than it being a testament of strong social bonds?

I was set on voting for you Brady a few hours ago but now I’m unsure as it seems to me and other jurors that you’re somewhat adapting what you think your game was depending on what the jury are saying tonight.

Like an example of this is you started FTC saying final 6 was your big move because you targeted me (telling Eoin my plan), which backfired as Eoin told me. Then ultimately I played my idol anyway and Eoin played his, and by your own admission Billy throwing his vote saved you. But then now your words say that you essentially spearheaded this tribal council with the intention of flushing out idols, which doesn’t make sense if Billy still threw his vote because all it took was that vote to be thrown in a different direction and you would’ve gone home?

I’m not saying I’m not voting for you now, you’re still in my mind the person who had a stronger social/strategic game than the other two... but I think in trying to sell your game you’ve dangerously oversold aspects of it in the eyes of the jury, and if we discredit parts of it then I think we wonder should we discredit all of it.

A question I do have for you

- In the alliance chat, yourself, Eoin and I believe BB all said you’d never vote for Jacob at the end as you didn’t respect how he played. I said I agreed that I hated the Mike/Ben style of winning, but I couldn’t fully commit to saying I’d never vote him as ultimately I have to see it as a legitimate strategy in this particular season. But say I didn’t vote Jacob... that’s four people who could be on the jury all saying they wouldn’t vote for Jacob, and yet you still rank him second behind yourself. So are you ranking Jacob second to legitimise the fact you guys wanted him gone, or are you ranking him second because you were lying and would have voted him to win had he made the final tribal council and you been on the jury in mine/BB/Billy’s place for example.
1964 days 12 hours ago
CoachWade
- In the alliance chat, yourself, Eoin and I believe BB all said you’d never vote for Jacob at the end as you didn’t respect how he played. I said I agreed that I hated the Mike/Ben style of winning, but I couldn’t fully commit to saying I’d never vote him as ultimately I have to see it as a legitimate strategy in this particular season. But say I didn’t vote Jacob... that’s four people who could be on the jury all saying they wouldn’t vote for Jacob, and yet you still rank him second behind yourself. So are you ranking Jacob second to legitimise the fact you guys wanted him gone, or are you ranking him second because you were lying and would have voted him to win had he made the final tribal council and you been on the jury in mine/BB/Billy’s place for example.

This is a great question and I’m glad you asked this. At that time I really did say that because I’m not going to lie I absolutely hate winning immunities to get to the end like I’m not a fan of that particular gameplay but I think Jacob did a little more than that which is why I ranked him so high because he found advantages and he used that idol to his advantage even though it was risky for his game.

And as I said earlier, I respect the hell out of Jacob and I hope in a future game we can really work together because nobody can deny that he fought his ass off in this game and he never gave up which is very admirable.

I can say that I put Jacob at second for probbaly both of those situations but yet again it also depends on the scenario. He was able to make it to the final 3 and no marketer what I feel like that is an achievement on its own.

However, James if you and BB were up against Jacob you guys would 100 percent get my vote because I worked so closely with you guys and I got to witness your strategic games and in a sucker for strategic game lol.

If it were probbaly anybody else In the f3 other than you 2 and Jacob was there, then I’d probably vote for Jacob because he would of deserved it the most. Idk when I made that statement but I think it was before the one day tribes and that’s where my opinion of more so Jacob really turned around but yeah if you were in the f3 you had my vote all the way.
1964 days 12 hours ago
CoachWade
Like an example of this is you started FTC saying final 6 was your big move because you targeted me (telling Eoin my plan), which backfired as Eoin told me. Then ultimately I played my idol anyway and Eoin played his, and by your own admission Billy throwing his vote saved you. But then now your words say that you essentially spearheaded this tribal council with the intention of flushing out idols, which doesn’t make sense if Billy still threw his vote because all it took was that vote to be thrown in a different direction and you would’ve gone home?

Yes you know it was a dangerous situation for me and maybe I didn’t spearhead it entirely but I will say is that I took a huge strategic risk that night and it worked which I feel like that’s what I’m trying to sell here. Maybe it didn’t work out of you going home but the next best thing happened and that was Josh going home and you following next because you played your idol this tribal.

However, I’d think it’d be wrong to say that I wasn’t a big part of this tribal because I absolutely was. Like an hour before the vote, Jacob came to me and he basically told me that I was the split backup plan that Josh created in case Eoin did play his idol so I obviously thought about it for a little bit and then Jacob was telling me that I should throw my vote somewhere else if I didn’t want to go home so I just lied to him and showed him a fake screenshot of me voting Billy but I still took that risk that night and if I was a bad player that night I would of voted for Billy because what Jacob has said but I was smart and didn’t give into that. Hell yeah it was a risk but I feel like that highlights my game pretty well because I wasn’t afraid to take risks at the end.

And I know you said you would of played the idol regardless at f6 but I at least had to vote you to make sure that idol was out of possession at the f5. If you had the idol at f5 and Jacob went on a immunity run, I was basically guaranteed a for sure loss.

Also, maybe you Eoin and BB all felt close to me just to take me to the end but that was absolutely my strategic game as well because I wanted you all to think that I’d be a goat and then at the end I’d come out and prove that theory wrong and I think I absolutely did that.

Hope this was good enough.
1964 days 11 hours ago
Eoin
I disagree Brady, I felt like myself and Benjamin’s final 6 idol plays were greed filled and had we not did that, you would not be here. It was on no way your fault for that happening
1964 days 11 hours ago
Eoin
these 8 Agatha Christie Novels, which is my favorite? Please pick one
After the Funeral

Al Nas
1964 days 11 hours ago
Eoin
Josh, if your definition of a survivor are people who rely on advantages and luck in this game don’t vote for me. If it’s any other reason then vote for me

open group

Cutthroat Challenge: Spies, Lies, Allies

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!