This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Kings of Reality Episode 3: The Apprentice/ Shark Tank

Topic » Kings of Reality Episode 3:..

2210 days 10 hours ago
Mexus
Hello kings. I've received complaints about the challenges being spam related, so I'll by best to limit this. Complete the challenges from now on though. We had 4 disqualifications, 3 replacements have entered the game, and 1 player returned. 

Last episode we had 1 team complete all 4 challenges. That was Team #2, me2013 and Mitchkid64. As the winners, you guys will have the power to pick teams for this episode

This week's theme is: The Apprentice.

In teams of 7 you guys will create a unique product that will sell to the  public. You guys can be as creative as possible.

These are the requirements:

1. A concept: What is it? Name?

2. A visual of your product: This can either be drawn, created online, etc. Use any means possible.

3. A slogan: Every good product has a slogan or catchphrase. Yours must too.

4. Finally, a description of your product:
a. What's it's purpose?
b. What make it innovative?
c. Why should people people buy it?
d. Anything else you wish to tell us.

Your team must pick a project manager. The team manager must assign their group members tasks and make sure you guys meat the 36 hour deadline.

If your team wins, the 7 of you will be safe and the project manager will be the winner and earn an advantage for episode 4. If your team loses, the project manager will be brought back to the boardroom along with THREE of your teammates.

Me and Cory will fire one of the 4 contestants in brought back to the board room.

This challenge is pretty simple. You guys must discuss your everything in your theme's thread. This is to make sure everyone is accountable. Which means, yes the other team can see your progress. However, any copying or plagiarism will be taken into consideration.

https://tengaged.com/group/6030-kings-reality/forum/topic/21493895
https://tengaged.com/group/6030-kings-reality/forum/topic/21493893

The time will start once me2013 and Mitchkid pick their teams.
2210 days 10 hours ago
Mexus
Team's not theme
2210 days 9 hours ago
Mexus
Team Mongoose:
me2013
FireX
JSBReality
tdubsurvivor
harrywasnak
GrrrImABear
mercedes415
https://tengaged.com/group/6030-kings-reality/forum/topic/21493895

Team Cobra:
Mitchkid64
SmoothStalker12
Greyconverse
alanb1
Insanity17
Crypspartan
NotNicky333
https://tengaged.com/group/6030-kings-reality/forum/topic/21493893
2210 days 9 hours ago
me2013
lmfao - this is kinds ridiculous...
2210 days 9 hours ago
Mexus
@me2013 what is?
2210 days 8 hours ago
SmoothStalker12
i love this
2210 days ago
FoxyWinters
WTF im active,i was all the time talking to my partner of what to do and we decide to do it and the very morning
2209 days 23 hours ago
FoxyWinters
I love this challenge,who is my team?
2208 days 18 hours ago
SmoothStalker12
Hello Sharks! To start our presentation, I want you to visualize yourself at home, watching a movie with friends and family. You're loving the movie, everything is going great until you notice an actor that catches your eye. Oh! You've seen him before, but where??? You just can't remember who this man is and where you've seen him before, but it's on the tip of your tongue!!

That is where we come in with our product, ScreenShot. To give you a better understanding of our product, let's demonstrate!

We have two ways of learning about the movie/show you are watching.

All you do is hold your phone's camera pointed at the face and you hold down on your screen to select his or her face. The same facial recognition used to unlock your phones will not be able to recognize actor and actresses.

Once the software recognizes the face, it'll display the actors name and their IMDB page, displaying their past works to help you discover where you've seen them before.

Here is a short display of how this function will work:
https://media.giphy.com/media/uVgF7EpdjYotT7yZjQ/giphy.gif

Next, Mitch will show you what to do while watching a movie and wanting to learn more about it instead of using google!

To put this in simplier terms, our app is the Shazam for shows and movies. Instead of helping you find out a name of a song, we help you find out a name and history of the person on your screen, as well as basic info about the movie/show you're watching!

When it comes to innovation, this app is something that has never been out on the market before. However, this doesn't mean that it isn't able to happen. Both Apple and Windows already has the ability to use facial recognition in their smartphones, meaning the technology is there. At ScreenShot, we are embracing the technological advances in our society to make a product we know will help people.

You might be wondering, why would people buy this? Well, our market research shows that 84% of movie watchers have a smart phone, meaning they will have the capability to actually buy the app.(https://www.mpaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/MPAA-Theatrical-Market-Statistics-2016_Final-1.pdf )

You may be thinking "you can't pull your phone out during a movie" and you're right! That is why we are marketing toward people who watch movies at home. According to Netflix, their users collectively watch 140 million hours of tv shows/movies per day, or 1 billion hours PER WEEK! To put a number on this, there are over 109 million people subscribed to Netflix. This doesn't include the amount of people who use hulu, watch movies on tv, or people who use the subscription of a family member.
https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/11/netflix-users-collectively-watched-1-billion-hours-of-content-per-week-in-2017/

In Summary, we are trying to say that the amount of people who watch movies & tv shows is MASSIVE, meaning we could try to sell to all of them. And with the consistent inflow of new actors in Hollywood, odds are you won't recognize everyone!

We will be selling our app for a low cost of 99 cents on the App Store and Google Play. Since both phone manufactering companies have facial recognition, we intend on selling to users on all smart phone platforms.

So just remeber the next time you're watching a movie and are struggling to think of an actor or actress' name, "Don't make it an afterthought, use ScreenShot!"
2208 days 9 hours ago
Mexus
Team Mongoose: I know you guys were short a few teammates. Not every person pulled their weight. The challenge was to create something, and you guys submitted an idea that has already been created.

Cory: Your visual is lackluster and unoriginal, which basically sums up your whole project.The slogan was creative and it hit the mark. The slogan was the best part of this whole presentation, so we commend you JSB. Personally, I don't like the idea of motor powered luggage. I don't think they'll let you drive that around the airport, so it defeats the purpose.It's a liability.

Team Cobra: You guys knocked this out of the park. The presentation itself is very slick and well put together. Cory: Kudos on creating a service that is culturally relevant. I can actually see people using this service now. Your description was clear. I like how you explained how the technology is out there, so your idea is feasible.

Cory: The slogan could be better. It does not make a whole lot of sense and it does not do the service justice.Overall, your presentation was professional. We liked how you guys conducted actual research and provided statistics.

SmoothStalker12 as Project Manager you took control and led your team to victory. Congratulations, you are the winner of this episode. I would also like to commend Mitchkid64 and Insanity on your performance this week.

JSB as the project manager, you must bring 3 of your teammates back to the boardroom where at least one of you will be fired.Be smart on who you bring back. Future challenges will be team-based. You may not want to be partnered with inactive.
2208 days 9 hours ago
SmoothStalker12
Marketing major & entrepreneurship minor I’ve been given pitches like this for 3 years LOL
2208 days 5 hours ago
Mexus
JSBReality has selected tdubsurvivor, GrrrImABear, and mercedes415 to bring back to the boardroom. You guys have 12 hours to plead your case and tell us why you should stay and who should be fired.
2208 days 5 hours ago
GrrrImABear
I should stay because even though I've been on the road and extremely the last couple of days, my heart is in this competition 100%. But it's not my lack of dedication that has be here on the block, is it?

No, no, no. I'm here because JSB is threatened by me and feels that by trying to remove me or some friends of mine from this competition that he will have an easier path to get to the finals. Is he right? Quite possibly, but I don't plan on going down that easy.

JSB was the project manager for our team, and really led us to a catastrophic meltdown. One of the worst group game performances that I have ever seen in all of my years on this site.

You can't remove me just because our leader utterly failed and instead of owning his responsibility in our downfall, he's instead going to throw his biggest underneath the bus. This is on him and he deserves to leave tonight because of it.
2208 days 5 hours ago
mercedes415
hiii i dont really know why jsb put me up, but id appreciate staying if i could :) i had a camping trip this weekend that put me away, but im here to play and would love to continue to play.

i know that i wasn't here much to contribute to my group, but neither were any of the guys with me today, including the one that took on the role of responsibility for our group.

when at work and the tasks assigned to that shift aren't completed, do you put the blame on the supervisor or the people that just followed in the way they were being lead?

JSB took the role of leader but he himself took no initiative to lead. Mel and Harry did all of the work, so they definitely deserve to be safe, but JSB does not.

I don't deserve to go home simply for following the actions of our manager. he should have taken role more seriously and actually managed if he wanted the group to be a success, and clearly he didn't.
2208 days 3 hours ago
me2013
Umm sorry but JSB did a lot of work in the background of this challenge and totally deserves to stay. He stepped up and took on the role knowing that many of the team had zero input and they are the ones who let us down not the Project manager.
2208 days 3 hours ago
me2013
Cory:.The slogan was creative and it hit the mark. The slogan was the best part of this whole presentation, so we commend you JSB.

open group

Kings Of Reality

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!