This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM20 - Challenge & Photoshoot (7)

Topic » #NTM20 - Challenge &..

241 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
Challenge #7

"1989"

Hello, Top 9, welcome to your challenge this week. With Taylor nearing the fourth release of Taylor Swift's re-recorded album, we are here to give some sort of a tribute. Of course, our challenge judge this week is Judge Taylor.

Step back in time to the iconic year of 1989 in this nostalgia-filled challenge. For this week, you will be tasked with embodying a significant happening from that year but most importantly, our main focus is pop culture moments simply focusing on three topics: movies, music, and fashion.

It could be inspired by a famous movie release, with the likes of the release of "Batman (1989 film)" and the animated "Little Mermaid". To the top hits that include the release of Madonna's "Like a Prayer" or The Bangles' "Eternal Flame" or of course, you can go fashion forward by focusing on a memorable fashion trend that hit 1989.

You have 24 hours to do the challenge, thank you and good luck! x
241 days 5 hours ago
Dimitra
Chanel Iman

Photo : https://www.theplace2.ru/cache/archive/chanel_iman/img/lofficiel_2012_fevri-16-gthumb-gwdata1200-ghdata1200-gfitdatamax.jpg

Reference : Music Video : Back to life - Soul II Soul https://youtu.be/TB54dZkzZOY?si=u-3Mey8KSZdIQYZ9

Who doesn't remember this timeless song? With this as a song that came out in 1989 in my mind, Chanel in her photo tries to capture the clothes as well as the vibe of the song and the singer within a fashion photo. If you watch the music video and the song and then look at the photo, you can definitely hear it playing in the background of the photo. Chanel, having this as a source, focuses on capturing the aesthetics from this music video
241 days 2 hours ago
BreadNButter
Hunter Schafer - Lethal Weapon 2
https://imgur.com/a/e2pxEkh

Lethal Weapon 2 was the 3rd highest grossing movie in the Domestic Box Office for 1989, only behind Batman and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. In the movie, sergeants are pursuing unidentified suspects suspected of drug trafficking, only to find they have been transporting an illegal shipment of gold in the form of krugerrand coins. Later, those involved lose the shipment of the gold coins, leading to a string of killing and crimes to cover up the wrong doings.

Here, Hunter is dressed as one of those detectives, in a very classic jacket and pants for the time. She is stern faced with a confident stance, as if she cannot be fooled and knows the truth behind the case. The rural setting and barbed wire fenced, with her lit up car appear as if she is ready to bust one the entire ring of crimes to put an end to this impossible case.
241 days 2 hours ago
Delano
Anja Rubik
Link: https://imgur.com/a/qcNTk24
Choice: "Like a Prayer", by Madonna.

Explication:

On "Like a Prayer", Madonna comments that the theme 'Catholicism' runs rampant through her album and music.

"This is me struggling with the mystery and magic that surrounds it. My own Catholicism, by the way, is in constant convulsion. When I left home at 17 and went to New York—the city with the most sinners—I renounced the traditional meaning of Catholicism in terms of how I would live my life. But I have never ceased to feel the guilt and shame that is ingrained in you if you were raised Catholic."

In this way, "Like A Prayer" is a passionate song, about a young woman in love with God, as if He were a male figure in her life. It is the description of an impossible love, about the sins of a woman who wants to be free and break with the standards of the time. She is a woman judged by society and by herself.

Telling the story of a young woman in love with god, the song presents religious love in a dubious way, oscillating between devotion and sexual love. Not only excerpts of the lyrics, but even Madonna's own sensual voice resignify what would be a uniquely religious symbol there. She wants to break away from these sins. She wants to be forgiven and loved. Like a Prayer is about the sin of loving and being free.

Photoshoot:

In the minah photo, I am representing the essence of the lyrics of the song and the clip, with a religious and mysterious tone. The person holding Anja Rubik's face represents "God," for whom Madonna holds an impossible love. In addition, it also represents the religious role in touching Anja's face, since you can be forgiven for your sins when you go to confession with a priest in the Catholic religion. The red garment represents the love and sin of lust that is exalted in the clibe of "Like a Prayer", with a sensual and sexual content, which is extremely forbidden in the Catholic religion. Anja's face represents the mystery and passion that Madonna describes in the lyrics of the song, as a young woman in love, with a desire to live an impossible love. Finally, the environment with leaves and grass, represent a kind of rebirth and peace, which is described in the lyrics of the song "When you call my name, it is like a prayer".

Anja Rubik is demonstrating all the mystery, sensuality, passion and religious aspect of the video and lyrics of Madonna's "Like a Prayer" song.

https://i.postimg.cc/NF2D8q7m/ETjHCMV.gif
241 days ago
Ajathekween
Violet Chachki: The Premiere of "The Simpsons"

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0542/1241/files/FACTICE-MAGAZINE-VIOLET-CHACHKI-DISCO-HOOP-EARRINGS-JULY-2016_d8940413-2fe6-4aa2-9f47-f1f0974764c0_1024x1024.jpg?8453159258167362208

After being aired as a series of shorts on The Tracey Ullman Show, ‘The Simpsons’ finally premiered as a show in its own right. The premier was entitled ‘Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire’ and was also meant to be a Christmas special.This new animated series was an early hit for the network Fox, entering its Nielson top 30 almost immediately.

In this photo I am giving the zainy and whacky energy like the show and giving some fashion nodes as well.
240 days 19 hours ago
spinfur
==Sora Choi==

Challenge #7 - 1989

"Honey, I Shrunk The Kids"

https://i.imgur.com/IkwmRjw.jpg

Honey, I Shrunk The Kids was a comedy film about a quirky scientist dad who accidentally shrunk the kids and the kids have to have an adventure in order to get back to normal size. Meanwhile the dad has his own adventures in trying to be a respected name in the science world even he's seen as a laughing stalk

Throughout the film it shows the kids adventures in solving puzzles and difficulties of being bug size, while also bonding with each other and getting past any differences they had.

For my photo today I decided to portray one of the kids that got shrunk, with the larger props around me that could be thought of as those small child building blocks and wood pieces. I hope to solve my way through this puzzle and I'm intent with trying to build my way up to solve this shrinking problem I got myself in.
240 days 14 hours ago
brunodrads
"Retro/Vintage Fashion Trend"

Alton Mason is back to #1989!!!! This year got to be a transition between the 80's and 90's which for me it's pretty interesting since you can analyze the changes happening between those two decades with plenty of good histories. For today I'm going to join a different way of my fellow competitors what means I didn't pick up songs or movies (we kinda had both themes before so I'm trying the third option) I just decided to bring a fashion trend about the retro/vintage aesthetic of 1989's. My outfit in brown/yellow is bringing this atmosphere up. At that moment wearing trousers, jackets, printed shirts was common and usual then my outfit is basically based on it even tho still adding a bit more of elegance and charisma. Something also much popular from all different moments of history is the infinity of haircuts they used to have at any specific year. Today - for the first time - I'm having a black power. It's definitely something that helps my shoot to get the attention to be seen and works well with the whole thing I worked on to submit here.

https://i.ibb.co/9ct8rYK/Alton-Mason-2020-GQ-Germany-002-1.gif
https://i.ibb.co/9ct8rYK/Alton-Mason-2020-GQ-Germany-002-1.jpg
240 days 10 hours ago
CutieAmy
Guinevere

I am taking inspiration from "Express Yourself" by Madonna. She has undoubtedly made her mark on the music industry, and has been known to advocate for women's rights. And this song clearly expresses that. The main inspiration behind the song is "female empowerment, urging women never to go for second-best", according to Wikipedia. Commercially, the song peaked at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 and became Madonna's eighth number-one hit on the European Hot 100 Singles chart. 

Inspired by that, Guinevere is seen posing elegantly on top of a car. She is wearing all black, a color Madonna has chosen to wear in the music video to express female empowerment and not hiding behind bright "feminine" colors, and her signature blonde short hair. However, while Guinevere is looking empowerment through her pose, she also maintains her feminity, something Madonna is known for as her sex appeal has never ceased to dissappear. The photo also showcases seemingly old broken car with no wheels and a hood that can't shut down. The broken car is a symbol of misogynistic sexist masculine ideals that are set by men to define women. Guinevere is posing on top of these broken concepts that belong to the ancient times.
240 days 8 hours ago
Minie
KAI :
Fame & Murder
Featuring : Rebecca Schaeffer (Victim) & Robert Bardo(Convict)
Rebecca Schaeffer was an American actress and model. She began her career as a teen model before moving on to acting. She landed in a few hit dramas also some movies before her death.

At the age of 21, she was shot and killed by Robert Bardo, a 19-year-old obsessed fan who had been stalking her. Schaeffer’s death helped lead to the passage in California of legislation aimed at preventing stalking.

Robert Bardo was obsessed with a few famous figures on and off while being obsessed with Rebecca. His initial interaction with Rebecca was in 1985 through fan letters, one of which she answered. In 1987 he left his hometown to meet Rebecca on sets a few times and was turned away.

He returned a month later with a knife and the security again prevented him from meeting her. Then he loses focus on her and started being obsessed with a few pop singers including Madonna.

Robert then watched Rebecca’s  in the black comedy Scenes from the Class Struggle in Beverly Hills in 1989, in which she appeared in bed with another actor. He became enraged by the scene, apparently out of jealousy, and decided that Schaeffer should be punished for "becoming another Hollywood whore”.

He paid a private investigator $250 to find Rebecca’s home address, got his brothers help to get himself a gun and flew to Los Angeles to meet Rebecca.

He roamed around the neighborhood until he got more information on her whereabouts and finally got to meet her at her apartment.

After meeting Rebecca, Robert showed her a letter and autograph that she had previously sent him& after a short conversation,she asked him not to come to her home again.

He went to a diner nearby and had breakfast,then returned to her apartment an hour later. She answered the door with "a cold look on her face", Bardo later said.He pulled out the handgun and shot her in the chest at point-blank range in the doorway of her apartment building; according to Robert, she fell and said only, "Why?" Rebecca  was rushed to the emergency room of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead 30 minutes after her arrival on the 18th of July 1989.
Robert was easily caught by the cops and he confessed to his actions and still serving his time in prison.

As a result of this tragedy, federal law regarding the release of personal information through the DMV was changed.

Unfortunately for Rebecca, it was a little too late.

In my picture I am posing as the creepy  stalker Robert Bardo who is curiously looking at Rebecca through that broken mirror to analyze her every move while pretending I’m just looking at myself.

https://imgur.com/a/GXf5kbc

Rebecca’s story was featured in People’s magazine on the 31st of July 1989.
https://imgur.com/a/UYPmY8p
240 days 8 hours ago
icyz
- Xu Meen -

007 - License to kill (1989)

"James Bond disobeys orders and sets out on a mission to avenge the death of his best friend's wife, murdered by a drug lord. He arrives at the drug lord's South American base and, disguised as a gunman, is hired by the criminal."

My inspiration was one of the films in the huge 007 franchise. License to Kill was released in July 1989 and made almost 200 million at the box office in theaters.

My photo has the energy of a spy movie, I could even be the new James Bond. The colors and filter also refer to the aesthetics of a film recorded in 1989.

https://i.ibb.co/vJCpRfC/007.png
240 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
239 days 14 hours ago
tswiftlover13
🤍Judge Taylor’s Critiques🤍

Chanel: Hi Chanel! I love this song it’s such a BOP! You look gorgeous!! I love this dress on you. You completely resemble the look you’re going for. And your facial expression is FIERCE!

Hunter: Hi Hunter! I’ve never seen the movie but after watching the trailer I am loving this shot!! This could be the film poster for a reboot!! You so much swagger in this shot. You look incredible!

Anja: Hi Anja! This was such an interesting take on one of the most iconic Madonna songs! I love how you are serving such a fierce pose. And the sensuality just oozing out of this shot. You did Madonna Justice!!

Violet: Hi Violet! I love how you went for a high fashion version of possibly Marge? That’s what I’m getting here tbh. It’s definitely a serve! You look like a very elevated hot couture Marge for the cover of Vogue!! You look phenomenal! I love everything from the outfit to the pose. OBSESSED!!!

Sora: Hi Sora! What a clever choice!! I could totally see you in the movie! I used to watch it growing up so it was so easy to picture you in the film. I love your pose and it Really fits the plot.

Alton: Hi Alton! I really like your swagger tonight! You look phenomenal in these shots. I’ll be honest though it’s giving me more 70s rather than 1989. You look more like the disco era. I think you look great but I’m not getting any 80s from this shot.

Guinevere: Hi Guinevere! This is actually STUNNING!!! I gasped when I saw your shot. You not only resemble Madonna in the video but this pose is such a Madonna pose!! I can totally see her posing on a wrecked car back then. This is too iconic!!

Kai: Hi Kai! OMG!! This is great! What an interesting take! I was just reading about this on buzzfeed. So sad. You went down a dark route for this and I think it was very very clever Kai!! It fits the shot perfectly!

Xu: Hi Xu! This was a fun shot! It almost looks as of it can straight from a movie! You’re definitely giving me spy vibes here. Not quite editorial but still a nice shot!
239 days 13 hours ago
Minie
Yay thank you judge Taylor 💖
239 days 12 hours ago
Dimitra
Thank you judge Taylor ☺️
239 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
I am now here to announce the results of your challenge.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!