This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM18 - Semi-Finals

Topic » #NTM18 - Semi-Finals

843 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
GARRETT'S COMMENTS (2/3)

Task 2: Upside Down
He Cong (humanwebjet1): I believe this was a risky shot, but it works. I love the two characters or mirroring type effect with the photo, so hats off!

Malaika Firth (spinfur): I believe this photo looks amazing, more so because, as you said, it gives the illusion of actually being upside down like you're falling or something, which is what I am looking for with these types of shots.

Reece King (IceBear): This is a pretty solid photo; it is not the worst, but it is not the best either. With these upside-down shots, it's hit or miss, and I'm a little on the fence about how I feel about this one.

Sasha Pivovarova (nateclove): This is for sure what I am looking for in terms of an upside-down type shot one that still works even upside down, so job well done!

Tanya Dziahileva (Sebbers): I don't think this one works, if I am quite honest. When it comes to upside-down shots, the shot has to work still even when upside down, and it is just a rotated photo; it doesn't work for me.
843 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
GARRETT'S COMMENTS (3/3)

Task 4: Recreate
He Cong (humanwebjet1): Asian hate is a real thing, and I feel like this shot is a great symbol to represent such.

Malaika Firth (spinfur): This shot does scream royalty a lot more than your last shot. I believe the crown, the gold jewels, and things make this shot better than your last one, so good job!

Reece King (IceBear): Okay, Reece, I see where you're going with this one, and it's not bad at all.

Sasha Pivovarova (nateclove): I can see hints of Cinderella; it's not your traditional Cinderella, but I know what you're doing here, and you made this your own, which isn't always a bad thing.

Tanya Dziahileva (Sebbers): I understand and see where you're coming from with the whole gender nonconformity; however, for me, this shot doesn't work totally. It isn't as crystal clear as I would have liked for me. The photo could've swayed either way in terms of working and not working.
843 days 13 hours ago
Sebbers
Oh no these are my worst critiques all season I don't think I'll be making the finale :(
843 days 10 hours ago
tast519
Jon Kortajarena
2. UPSIDE DOWN
Tanya – I kind of have to agree with Garrett. I’m kind of thrown off by the Eiffel tower. But, I still think your angles upside down are interesting.       
Malaika - I love this one! You look so majestic and I love how this photo only works as an upside down one.
Sasha - This is gorgeous. I love your legs.
Reece -  flawless! You took this theme and made it pure fantasy. This looks like a still from a fantasy movie.
He Cong - You took a risk, but since this is an upside down themed photoshoot, I don't think this was a smart risk.
3. UNIQUE X FLAWSOME
Tanya - I like this look. You have a look that I think is standout and UNIQUE.
Malaika - This is so pretty! Head to toe serving. And, you look so unique.
Sasha - This is a good flawsome shot. You're embracing your vulnerability! To be honest though, I think this could've worked even better as "unique". You look more unque than anything else.
Reece - If this isn't unique, idk what is! You made this super unique while staying true to yourself.
He Cong - You have this dichotomy of being feminine in your dress but very assertive and fierce in your attitude. This is true to your brand and it makes you unique.
4. RECREATE
Jerard, you didn’t ask the models to post the original photo link? Now the judges gotta go back to the original page for all 5 of em. I’m too tired for this.
https://media.giphy.com/media/cMKyRg4KMotW/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEduS8IhBAMURbhYY/giphy.gif
843 days 10 hours ago
tast519
Jon-

Jk

#4 - Recreate
Tanya  - Nice. This is a huge improvement. I love your eyes.
Malaika  -  This is pretty! I think this is an improvement over your other photo, but  it's not a tremendous one. You're just standing there, which was my original criticism to you.
Sasha – fabulous! Easily your best shot this week.
Reece -  I actually really liked your previous conartist photo. This one is too posey for me for the theme of a conartist, but it certainly works pretty well.
He Cong - I actually liked your old photo, but this one's so much more complex and interesting. It's such a great take on the theme. One of the biggest improvements imo!
843 days 5 hours ago
Jerard
Semi-finals result in an hour!!
843 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS: WINNER'S CIRCLE

Tanya (Taylor Swift) - While I did wish to have seen you choose another winner since you have been clearly compared to her closely in this competition, there's no doubt you know this was a clear advantage for you to pick her. The eyes that are speaking really remind me of her photos, and the whole gold palette really does capture her star factor.

Malaika (Jhona Burjack) - I certainly did not see you picking Jhona, but I must say myself that I do think you and Jhona didn't have the smoothest journey but the never-giving up attitude brought you both this far. For the photo now, just WOW. The "going to war", gives me chills and you surely are ready for it.

Sasha (Saskia de Brauw) - Well this was a great way to start the semifinals for you, Sasha. Without looking at your winner's pick, I would have thought this an instant Saskia portrayal. You kinda looked like her in this shot. The faded/saturated filters could have been presented better but it does remind me of some of her shots too.

Reece (Cara Delevingne) - I actually also didn't expect you to pick Cara as the one you resonated with. I would have even guessed a Lucky or Lindsey for you. That being said, you and Cara both have striking eyes and it was clearly shown in this shot. You both have that commanding presence and that's shown in this.

Cong (Bae Yoon Young) - I am actually kind of 50/50 with your shot, Cong. While I would have picked a Karlie and/or Ajak for you, I did see why you go with Yoon as someone you resonated with most. Now, I did like the illusion in this shot, I just really did not connect with your shot as much as I did with the others.
843 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS: UNIQUE X FLAWSOME

Tanya - Visually stunning! Now for your overall presentation, I believe you could have done more, could have chosen something that would fit better. But anyway, I still believe this is a good submission, the uniqueness this gives, the storytelling are really good. And somehow you look really different here, which is kinda the theme you are hitting.

Malaika - Well this definitely looks like Malaika 2.0, now I did wish you would have explained quite more if I'm being honest because I was getting more curious. I still think you could have given more, the shadow you are giving here though looks really good. Still overall a good shot.

Sasha - Very editorial, and very risky - these are the words I can say with your shot. Very risky because you are the only one who chooses to showcase something vulnerable but pretty smart since you won't get compared to anyone. The overall presentation is good, you are surprising me this round.

Reece - WOW! Now, this I believe could have worked either way in my opinion, either Flawsome or Unique would fit this photo quite well, so that's pretty smart. The analysis of this photo really gives this overall presentation at least twice better. I believe this is one of my favorite shots I have seen you did.

Cong - I appreciate you going along with your brand and that I can always applaud, what makes you unique though is what should be presented with your photo and that I didn't see much of here. Now, the photo itself is gorgeous definitely one of my favorites in visuals, but connecting it with the theme would be quite a stretch.
843 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

RECREATE

Tanya (Week 7: The Society) - Now, your initial submission in The Society photoshoot I remember I was completely in love with it, I just can't say the same with your submission now. I believe this is a good shot, not gonna lie but there's really something striking in that shot that this lacks. With the majority of your shots being good already, I did think it was hard topping it but I do believe you could have done that.

Malaika (Week 11: Brands) - Now I am also one of the judges who believe that your Brands photoshoot was outstanding. That being said, I also liked this new submission. In your initial submission, you are just standing but you look regal, in here you look powerful, you look queenly and just strikingly beautiful. Well done!

Sasha (Week 4: Disney) - Well this definitely a step up on the performance. I liked your initial submission but it lacked the "evil" aspect of Cruella, now with you picking Cinderella this time, I think this fits you more. I do think with all the shots I've seen you tonight, this is the least that I liked for you but I still think it's a gorgeous shot and hits the theme.

Reece (Week 6: Stock Characters) - Now this is also a level-up shot, Reece. I am one of the judges' that liked your initial Con-Artist submission, but I'd be lying if I said I liked that more because this shot definitely throw the initial photo as fast because this definitely gives the illusion of a con artist. Well done!

Cong (Week 1: Everything 2021) - First of all, I actually think your initial submission was really good, that being said I think there's space for improvement there which I see now in your new submission. I was waiting for a redeeming shot from you tonight and I am glad that you ended this semifinals' task on a high note.
843 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
If Judge Lucky won't be able to comment on his part of the task, I already have ready my comments for the certain task.
843 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
Seems like that is the case, that being said here are my comments for your Upside Down Task.
843 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

UPSIDE DOWN

Tanya - This is a very risky move Tanya, I don't know how much it will help you in this task because it's really hard to overshadow such a beautiful structure as the Eiffel Tower, now my eyes really were drawn in your face but with the bottom part of the photo being less distracting my eyes did notice quickly the bottom part.

Malaika - You kinda look like Zendaya here by the way. I like this shot Malaika, I also feel like this is kinda meant to be upside down as well. Now, I agree with what the judges have to say about this. It looks like you are flying and really just gives me the thinking that it may really be meant to be upside down.

Sasha - Another amazing shot, you are firing on all cylinders in this semifinal, Sasha. When I think of something like this photoshoot, this is kinda the style that I would be impressed with, because again it certainly feels like it is supposed to be that, an illusion. The plain background also made it easy to focus on you.

Reece - I agree with Judge Jon here, I believe this is a really cool and unique shot, well it is already when in original but it being upside down makes it looks better in appearance. The setting, I must applaud while the background was a pattern, what you're wearing helps you stand out. Amazing shot!

Cong - Well, I believe this is pretty risky, Cong. When it's risky, it's either you hit or you miss pretty hard, in my opinion, you kinda got into the latter part. Maybe because it's mirrored that I didn't appreciate much the top part, well the bottom part though with the whole facial expression the one not being covered is surely fierce.
843 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
843 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PANEL ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
843 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
We'll start in a few minutes x

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!