This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM18 - Challenge & Photoshoot (6)

Topic » #NTM18 - Challenge &..

900 days ago
Jerard
LUKA AND TANYA!
900 days ago
Jerard
Congratulations Luka and Tanya, you will be receiving 2 points additional each on your total scores this week!
900 days ago
Jerard
And here's where everybody stands.....
900 days ago
Jerard
Challenge Scores:

Luka - 9.5
Tanya - 9.5
Reece - 8.5
Shanina - 8.5
Sasha - 8.0
Yibo - 8.0
Cong - 7.0
Jourdan - 7.0
Barbie - 6.0
Malaika - 6.0
900 days ago
Jerard
Photoshoot will be posted shortly...
900 days ago
Jerard
Photoshoot #6

"Stock Characters"

For our part 1 of our tribute to television - which played a huge part on shaping what is pop culture today, we are talking about stock characters. From your favorite characters on the popular sitcom Friends, all the way through the hit HBO show, Game of Thrones, you at least can spot ONE stock character.

So, what's Stock Character? According to Britannica, "stock character, a character in a drama or fiction that represents a type and that is recognizable as belonging to a certain genre." Which means all your stereotypical characters; from the "final girl", the "evil twin", the "jock", etc.

The link posted below listed the stock characters, you need to pick a certain archetype/stereotype and portray that character to its' fullest. Description and examples are also listed on that for your reference.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stock_characters

Make sure of course to include the stock character type on your explanation. Since there are lots of character type on that list, this will be a first come, first pick basis. Judge Witos will be joining us in the panel this week. You have 24 hours to do the photoshoot, goodluck! x
900 days ago
Sebbers
Oh my gosh! Finally a challenge win! :D

Great job Luka :)
900 days ago
txashaun
Congrats Luka & Tanya 🤗
900 days ago
txashaun
Jourdan Dunn
| F E M M E  F A T A L |

A femme fatale, sometimes called a maneater or vamp, is a stock character of a mysterious, beautiful, and seductive woman whose charms ensnare her lovers, often leading them into compromising, deadly traps. She is an archetype of literature and art.
A beautiful, alluring, woman who is also traitorous, cunning and deceptive. She draws men into a honey trap.

I'm ready to be your worst nightmare Mr. Whoever you are 😈
Fall into my honey trap of lust & decite.

https://imgur.com/a/8zzv9jQ
900 days ago
Sebbers
Stock Character - Ingénue (An attractive young woman who is endearingly innocent and wholesome.)
Examples: Usagi from Sailor Moon, Snow White, Janet from Rocky Horror Picture Show, Sandy from Grease

https://www.designscene.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Tanya-Dziahileva-for-Vogue-Taiwan-DesignSceneNet-06.jpg

My inspiration is actually one of my favorite stock characters in existence. The ingenue is a very interesting female character because she is naive and innocent, yet rarely played as "stupid" which sets her apart from the "dumb blonde" stereotype. Ingenues are commonly the foil to male protagonists in a romantic way, however can often be the main character and their growth can truly make for complex characters (my favorite example is Usagi from Sailor Moon, although she is often portrayed as more "stupid" than the typical ingenue, her kindness and caring nature is her most defining feature, often seeing the good in people).

To me, I can easily see Tanya in this picture being either the quirky, innocent love interest to a man who has never fallen in love before, but her charm and caring nature ends up with them falling in love and both learning from each other. I could also see her being the main character in this picture, being a young professional woman fresh out of college who has yet to be jaded by the world, allowing her to move up the corporate latter due to the energy she brings.
900 days ago
Sebbers
BTW just want to say that I LOVE this theme, my favorite theme of the season so far, it really opens the door for some creative entries :)
900 days ago
txashaun
^
SAME! 😍
899 days 23 hours ago
nateclove
Sasha Pivovarova as THE SUCCUBUS

The article simply states that the succubus is "A demon that appears in the form of a female lover." She is usually quite seductive, sexual and is seen wearing little to no clothes in an attempt to seduce the main character and either turn them to the dark side, manipulate them, or kill them. I don't think my picture needs any further explanation... 😳

https://i0.wp.com/animalnewyork.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Vogue_Paris-.jpg?fit=600%2C446
899 days 23 hours ago
humanwebjet1
He Cong - Vamp

Morticia Addams, Vampira, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, Natasha Fatale

https://images.fashionmodeldirectory.com/images/editorials/30592/30592-1620-92717-38487-fullsize.jpg

"A woman with dark hair, usually seen wearing jet black dresses, and having a macabre sense of humor. A goth variant of the femme fatale."

This stock character literally spoke to my soul because I feel as though this shot represents all that is dark with a hint of macabre humour. Macabre humour is odd and horrifying humour that does not seem funny to the regular people, however a vamp woman is usually seen as alluring and I bring jewels jewels jewels to this shot. However, the twist is that the jewels aren't placed normally where you would expect *evil sarcastic laugh* I also took this shoot to another level, by upping the overuse of the colour black, but also taking it further to an overuse of red also to signify blood and my facial expression is to signify my thirst for it.
899 days 21 hours ago
coolKat
Luka Sabbat || Pierrot ||

‘A French pantomime or a sad clown’

examples: Puddles Pity Party, Pagliacci and The Tragic Clown from the Sims

I am taking inspiration from a trope that’s not so common but is common enough more than the site lends itself to. I’d say it goes hand in hand with the evil clown stick character, and that evil clown is actually a subtype of the pierrot stock character. As the evil clown characters are generally either sad or deranged.

A Pierrot is usually a party clown whose normally dressed in bright, fun colors like reds and yellows. And typically would have a smile painted on their face, though their actual smile is always in a frown. They often perform very poorly as well during the party’s they are hired for due to their overwhelming sadness.

In my photo I’m modeling with a frown on my face that is covered up by the painted red smile and am also wearing some red though ive dulled it down using the darkness of the shadows provided by the alley as well as the blacks and beiges adorning the rest of my outfit, in order to embellish the Pierrot stock character more.

https://www.thefashionisto.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Luka-Sabbat-Hercules-2015-Clown-Fashion-Editorial-015.jpg

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!