This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM17 - Challenge & Photoshoot (1)

Topic » #NTM17 - Challenge &..

919 days 12 hours ago
IceBear
Reece King

I chose to channel the Taylor Swift album for this photo. For me, Taylor's first album shows a wide range of emotions during a relationship, from the highs of "Our Song" to the lows of "Picture to Burn." This album simulates how a first love and high school romance can feel and I tried to capture that in this photo.

https://mediaslide-europe.storage.googleapis.com/supa/news_pictures/2017/02/large-1487169192-bc3728c10a12ba3b0eb6a424c05444ab.jpg
919 days 6 hours ago
jfaia
Nastya Zhidkova

Taylor Swift named 1989 after her birth year, which corroborates the influence of 1980s synth-pop. She described the title as a symbolic rebirth of her image and artistry, and with this look, just like a rebirth, I wanna portray a phoenix. In this moment of the photo, the phoenix is dying but, beautiful as the album, will be born again

https://imgur.com/a/syQWz6l
919 days 3 hours ago
SeongWoo
Wang Yibo | Red | https://imgur.com/a/Jio2Js6

Red is my favorite song from Taylor (with Wildest Dreams), so my focus here is this specific song who gets the name of the album.

"But loving him was red
Oh, red
Burning red"
919 days 2 hours ago
Sebbers
Tanya Dziahileva

Lover

My choice for picking this photograph is that I think it fits the ethereal theme of the cover of Lover.  Lover was inspired by all the positive words Taylor received from her Reputation album.  The album was inspired by positive, uplifting feelings she felt with this, as well as this being her first album since separating from the record company she had worked with since the beginning of her career. 

The thing I love about the cover of "Lover" is that Taylor really thought about the positive thoughts she had and took it in a much different direction than the obvious choice.  When people think "happy" and "love", it is often associated with bright colors and smiles.  Taylor took it in a more ethereal direction, choosing pastel colors, and looking uplifted and almost heavenly.  I think my picture reflects that.

https://ceftandcompany.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/ceft-and-company-ny-agency-adore-fashion-advertising-tanya-dziahileva-sofia-mauro-011.jpg
919 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
Remaining Discography:
1.) Taylor Swift (1 SLOT LEFT)
2.) Fearless
7.) Lover (1 SLOT LEFT)
9.) Evermore (1 SLOT LEFT)
919 days 1 hour ago
Lukesaur
Krystal Jung

Taylor Swift

https://i.imgur.com/dDd8EW1.jpg

For me the album's photoshoot it has a country girl, young and blonde vibe and I tried to put that with my pic.
919 days ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
919 days ago
Jerard
Challenge results will be posted later tonight. Thank you and Goodluck! x
918 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Barbie (Reputation) - I like what you did here, for this first week this was overall a solid submission. I see sass, I see sensual, but less of the badass. Somehow this reminded me of Marilyn Monroe maybe because of the combination of red lips and platinum blonde hair.

Jimin (Reputation) - While you did incorporate some of the elements of this shot, I must say this wasn't as good as I expected. It was somehow too simple to stand out. I see where you are going with the route, but in execution, it fell short. That said, your eyes really did strike me.

Cong (Folklore) - What you said about how you see the album is what I also see it. This shot is really beautiful, Cong. The dress was a nice pick it stands out really well on its' own and adds some sort of balance. The leaves covering 1/3 of your face look more of a decoration than an inconvenience. Great job!

Sasha (Evermore) - That whole album is a mystical journey and that is what I am feeling with your shot. I would have assumed that colors would have taken this up a notch but this is still beautiful nonetheless. I actually don't know if you are standing or you're laying on the ground but it does give some sort of an illusion. Great job!
918 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
Shanina (Red) - I must commend the production of this shot, 10/10. But I must give you a tip regarding submission of the shot, avoid using the straight-up link when you search for a google photo, instead you can opt to "open image in new tab" which will redirect you to the actual photo link itself. Back to the photo, I am really impressed with your interpretation, shows a smart model in my opinion.

Gigi (1989) - Same with Shanina on the issue of "links" so refer to that statement I made. That said I am actually impressed with the photo itself more so how you made it look for the theme. I guess you could have utilized more the hands in some instances like it's holding you back, or you're on the verge of letting go or something.

Malaika (Speak Now) - I am a fan of this shot, Malaika. It is definitely like a transformation from one thing to another. I liked the fact that while all the elements here are blending really well yet you are standing your own ground. The dress made you taller as well so was a nice choice. Great job!

Jourdan (Speak Now) - And both the Speak Now shots were visually stunning. Now while you both explained the album more in the same, you took on the route of the aesthetics aspect more. But what made it impressive is the fact that you focused on the littlest of details yet did not leave out the whole message. One thing that somehow took some of its beauty is the edit.

Luka (Folklore) - Two photos in and you're already giving me layers, Luka. Firstly, I must say the elements, color combination, and aesthetics of the shot are beautiful. None of which overpowered the subject, which is you. It wasn't a "wow" moment but you definitely captured the tone well enough.
918 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
Reece (Taylor Swift) - I don't know if this was your first choice for the album but I wasn't expecting you to pick this album. That said I am 50-50 with your shot. While I appreciate your interpretation, again it falls flat in execution. The hand on the right was kind of a bit distracting, but the colors really popped in this photo and upped the overall photo a bit.

Nastya (1989) - This photo is really interesting, and visually you look stunning. I must say one of the most stunning model we have had on the show. That said, I liked the incorporation of symbolism, and in an instant I see where you are going with. Great job overall!

Yibo (Red) - While you took the expected route, it isn't always bad. Same with Luka, two submissions in and I see layers already, that made me think of how well you'll be doing in the future. That said, this submission is pretty solid, the incorporation of the element of fire and desire was a great touch. And that eyes, pretty striking.

Tanya (Lover) - I was hoping someone would do Lover and I am glad someone did. One thing's for sure, she really didn't take a different direction incorporating "love" and "smiles" as you stated. Visually pleasing is the word for this photo, you definitely look ethereal. You filled the empty spaces well enough too.

Krystal (Taylor Swift) - This photo isn't doing enough for me, unfortunately. But this is just the first challenge and I believe you are more capable than what you delivered today. You completely faded heavily on the background, so nature wasn't much of a big help here. One thing's for sure, you are definitely selling the shoes really well.
918 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
I must say not bad for the first challenge, I wouldn't go too hard on you since it's only the first challenge but some really need to step it up.
918 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
That said, the winner of this challenge will be getting a +2 for his/her total score this week....
918 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
But since it's the first week as I said, I'll be generous, and award it to TWO models.
918 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
Two of these 4 are going to get the challenge win:

- He Cong
- Malaika Firth
- Nastya Zhidkova
- Shanina Shaik

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!