This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM17 - Semi-Finals

Topic » #NTM17 - Semi-Finals

1070 days 1 hour ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

Task 1:
Lupita Nyong'o (smallchild99): Lupita, I agree this is a very simple shot almost too simple. The shoes are not necessarily the main focus or standout from this shot.

Mia Goth (nateclove): The shoe isn’t the main selling point of the photo I think that largely has to with the fact that one is not fully in the shot which makes the other kinda forgettable the color of the dress also takes the attention away from the shoes with it being so bright.

Nam Joo-hyuk (SeongWoo): Nam, This is a great shot…the fact that you’re sitting on the floor brings attention to the shoes as they’re front and center. The black and white messes up the color a bit in terms of the shoe color but overall this is great.

Taylor Swift (tswiftlover13): Taylor, I like shot the way you’re posed for sure brings attention to the photo so great job I can see this being an ad for shoes.

Violet Chachki (Ajathekween): Violet, Alright this is how you sell a shoe. The shoe is front and centered, the way you’re posed helps bring even more attention to the shoes, and this pretty good.

Task 2:
Lupita Nyong'o (smallchild99): I can defiantly see the similarity from your inspiration to what you presented so good job.

Mia Goth (nateclove): Alright Mother Theresa, I have to agree with Judge Jon you gave it your all and did quite well honoring Mother Theresa.

Nam Joo-hyuk (SeongWoo): The Chess pieces for sure helps with your inspiration, it’s a very interesting approach instead of Kings Gambit you have Queens Gambit.

Taylor Swift (tswiftlover13): This is a very interesting and straightforward photo. I think you depicted your inspiration quite well so good job!

Violet Chachki (Ajathekween): As Judge Jon pointed out this shot is very small which takes away from the shot itself. Overall from what I see this is a nice shot but it’s very small which as I said takes away from the greatness of the shot.

Task 4:

Lupita Nyong'o (smallchild99): Lupita, I love this shot the color contrast is amazing and the pose itself is amazing as well so with this one everything worked.

Mia Goth (nateclove): This one is not forgettable, I like this shot a lot. The way you’re posed and the background along with the outfit makes this photo what it is and I like it a lot!

Nam Joo-hyuk (SeongWoo): This is a much better commercial shot, the perfume is the focus which helps sell.

Taylor Swift (tswiftlover13): I can for sure see the Havana Cuba inspiration with the color contrast, the tree or plant in the background, and the outfit too.

Violet Chachki (Ajathekween): Yet another small shot, I think you did a great job showcasing sensual and seductiveness with the background coloring but that’s pretty all I got from the shot.
1070 days 1 hour ago
tswiftlover13
Thank you for the critiques Garrett 💜
1069 days 21 hours ago
Jerard
TASK 2:

Lupita (Chadwick Boseman) - Thank you very much for the tribute to such a real-life king. That being said, I also want to congratulate you on making the semifinals. Now, based on the two photos that you took inspiration from, I loved the idea by the way, I really got a glimpse of both in your shot. Good job.

Joohyuk (Beth Harmon) - Congratulations on making the semifinals Joohyuk. I am actually quite surprised by the icon you decided to portray, well it's always expect the unexpected with you so nothing new with that. The chess pieces, a pretty obvious choice which I am not mad of. Great shot!

Taylor (Lindsey Vonn) - This was another unexpected choice tonight Taylor. Anyways, congratulations on making it through to the semifinals. Anyways, the shot is good, I liked it. Though I would have preferred to see the whole body since you're kinda choosing to portray a skier. Other than that, I don't see any problems with this.

Mia Goth (Mother Teresa) - Congratulations on making it to Top 5, Mia. Now going with your inspiration, I actually loved this shot! This is a new flavor for you and I am digging it. The soft, calm, and angelic you are trying to capture is very present here. I agree with Judge Jon with his statements tonight. Great job!

Violet Chachki (Nicole Kidman) - Violet, Congratulations on being here in the Top 5. That said, I would have appreciated a larger image for e.g. this: https://lthumb.lisimg.com/454/14283454.jpg?width=1080&sharpen=true . It is Top 5 and I do think you know by now how much I hate small images, we need details here. But based on what you submitted, you did some of the aesthetics you said. It was a good shot, but I think you could've brought more.
1069 days 21 hours ago
Jerard
TASK 3:

Lupita (Time Stone) - You are serving Lupita! I really love the editing of this photo, the colors are popping out but not too overshadowed. This photo really gives this calming vibe that you'll enjoy seeing for hours. I liked your twist on the time stone and you've used it to your complete advantage, telling me how smart you are.

Joohyuk (Power Stone) - Oh wow, Joohyuk this literally is out of this world. You completely turned something mysterious and also evil which I believe what you are going for. The darkness really gave you an advantage and with this being a large image I can see clearly through everything. One heck of a job!

Taylor (Power Stone) - You really know your crafts well, Taylor. Maybe you even had the most knowledge with the theme you chose and that itself is smart. I liked how the shot focuses on you although you had a partner it seems like you have this control over anything you see or touch. That's power stone is what supposed to be and you are power.

Mia (Mind Stone) - I kinda predicted you are going with this stone, but I am here for it. The stare you are giving here is striking through the soul and it really feels like you are going to control the viewers' mind. And once again, I would have to agree with Judge Jon, that you really are doing so little yet very impactful.

Violet (Soul Stone) - I am actually quite 50/50 with your shot this time Violet. While I find this shot good, the colors, the facial expression, and the aesthetics are A+ but what it didn't do is really connect me much with the stone you chose. It should have been a balance of both and you kinda gave me more of a beautiful shot rather than correlating it with the theme.
1069 days 21 hours ago
Jerard
TASK 4:

Lupita (Week 10 Photoshoot) - I actually find this shot better than your first submission, which is quite the goal of the challenge. The colors are popping out, not too distracting. The pose is very editorial, the hands are fabulously placed. The facial expression also looks good, but I would've preferred more smoky eyes for it kinda quite look dead.

Joohyuk (Week 10 Challenge) - I wasn't the challenge judge for that particular one but I do remember I liked your shot, you were selling not only the watch but also the glasses. Now for this photo, I actually also find this intriguing. The focus is what you are selling, which is obviously the perfume and you are doing it quite well.

Taylor (Week 10 Photoshoot) - I also liked your editorial shot on Week 10, Taylor. Looking now at your Recreate shot, I find this very Caribbean and would've been perfect for a Week 9 shot. Now, I don't think you wanted that easy way so you didn't do that. I actually liked this shot as a whole, it wasn't just as strong for me as your first one.

Mia (Week 10 Challenge) - Well it looks like Week 10 really took a stab in each and every one of you. That said, I also didn't judge your challenge submission, but I actually liked it though thought you could've delivered more and that's what you just did with your Recreate shot. Great Job!

Violet (Week 3 Combined C&P) - Not you submitting two poor-quality shot this week. Looking past that now I believe your second submission really captured the evil Dewinter more than your first shot, which is again good. The facial expression, once again on point. Just wished this would've been bigger.
1069 days 21 hours ago
Jerard
I, unfortunately, think Judge Lenox wouldn't be able to make it on time.
1069 days 21 hours ago
Jerard
I'll not be able to do the panel if I do extend this since I would be away in our Finale week (for at least the first two days of it), so I might as well do the panel now.
1069 days 21 hours ago
SeongWoo
You really need new Judges. Kinda sad about Lenox.
1069 days 21 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1069 days 21 hours ago
tswiftlover13
Thank you for the critiques Jerard 💜
1069 days 21 hours ago
tswiftlover13
Good luck everyone 🤞🤞
1069 days 21 hours ago
SeongWoo
Also Thank you Jerard for critiques.

Good luck girls.
1069 days 21 hours ago
Jerard
We'll start in a few minutes x
1069 days 21 hours ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PANEL ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1069 days 21 hours ago
tswiftlover13
Okay!  I'm excited and nervous at the same time 🥰

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!