This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM14 - Challenge & Photoshoot (6)

Topic » #NTM14 - Challenge &..

1555 days 12 hours ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

- Bella Hadid (Rubes): I’m not a fan of this photo Bella, I think if you would have had something like a thunderstorm where there’s heavy rain I would have pieced it all together but with this photo, I’m not getting Snowstorm or Blizzard from it. 

- Coco Rocha (Tinkerbelll): I definitely see volcano and eruption in your photo with the red. I would like to see you take it a bit further and not rely so much on the red clothing but I can see where you were going and it’s not the best but it’s far from the worse. 

- Efren Perdomo (nahuelaqua300): I don’t see hailstorm in your photo at all, I feel like you have a really good description but it doesn’t translate with your photo at all. 

- Jhonattan Burjack (Russell11): Jhon, Overall I would have liked this photo if it was for another week but for this week you had to in some way depict a tsunami but I’m not getting all the emotion that you speak of in this photo. This is not a bad photo it just didn’t fit this week's theme.

- Jon Kortajarena (tast519): I can see an earthquake with this shot, the rocks and you trying to hold on as the structure shakes.

- Laith Ashley (chris2pei): I can see drought in this photo as the leaves are not colored and look somewhat dry. I think overall this shot is strong and I like what you did with this photo so good job!

- Lizzo Jefferson (nateclove): I’m not a fan of this shot, I think you have a great description and I can see the movie scene of an evil person laughing and thunder strikes but I don’t think this shot overall was the best. I think you could’ve done a lot better with this one. 

- Luka Sabbat (spinfur): I’m on the fence on whether this shot is good or bad. I like the all-white and you being cuddled uptight like a snowball but I feel like something is also missing from this shot something could’ve made this shot that much better.

- Miles McMillan (coolKat): I think this probably one of the better shots compared to everyone's but I don’t think your description helped your photo that much. I feel like its very crucial to have a good description so us judges are not guessing what’s what like I get the emotion side of it but you could’ve taken it a step further and said something like the coat being brownish symbolized ashes or something it didn’t necessarily have to be that exact statement but I wish you went further into details and not went a very safe route. This is far from the worse photo but remember a good description is key. 

So for this on either, you hit the mark or you completely missed it altogether, Garretts Top 2 in no particular order:

* Laith Ashley
* Jon Kortajarena
1555 days 7 hours ago
haycsclair
COMMENTS:

Models who submitted on time:

COCO ROCHA (Eruption) - Ooohhh, girl! This is an awesome photo. The lava effect! I like the concept of the shot. I can feel the volcanic eruption in the photo. I love the styling and that facial expression and pose of yours are to die for. Thank you.

EFREN PERDOMO (Hailstorm) - I like the fact that you focused on the characteristics of the hailstorm and not on its effect to people. The photo doesn't have to be disastrous for it to be considered as representation of "natural disaster". You have this talent to make yourself look soft and dangerous at the same time in a shot. That's what hailstorm is.

JHONATTAN BURJACK (Tsunami) - First of all, I dunno why did you connect the tsunami to emotions. The goal of the shoot is to embody the characteristic of a natural disaster in your shot. You didn't mention a single characteristic of your chosen disaster in your explanation. What you gave us is a definition that you also wasn't able to portray. It's a good shot I must say, but it's not fit for our theme this week.

JON KARTAJARENA (Earthquake) - You took your chosen natural disaster literally. Just because earthquake is associated with "shaking", you've submitted a photo where you look like you're "moving all over the place". It's more of like you're a victim of the disaster rather than being the disaster itself.

LIZZO JEFFERSON (Thunderstorm) - Based on your "story", you're a Goddess of whatsoever and not the thunderstorm. You did not embody the disaster which is the goal of the shoot. That outfit looks unflattering on you and the text is very distracting. Last week you were number one on my list, this week you've just fallen hard to the rock bottom.

LUKA SABBAT (Avalanche) - Your explanation is a good example of a well thought out explanation. I can tell just by reading it that you did your own research of your chosen natural disaster and it paid off. I couldn't ask for a better representation of avalanche. You've been able to embody its characteristics and the chaos it could bring to people. Good job.

MILES McMILLAN (Wildfire) - In my opinion you've picked the easiest natural disaster to portray. But I'm glad that you took a risk in your photo. The thing is it did not pay off. You didn't embody the disaster, instead you've shown us the effect of wildfire to living species. You missed the mark this week.

Models who didn't submit on time:

BELLA HADID (Blizzard) - Good story, Bella, but it sounded very forced to be able to connect blizzard to your photo. You look beautiful in the shot and the outfit looks good on you, but this photo really missed the theme this week. Again, Bella, just a reminder. Tardiness won't do you any good. This is the fifth time you were late. I dunno if it's a first in this series, but it's not something you should be proud of.

LAITH ASHLEY (Drought) - Finally a good photo from you that I'm able to judge, Laith. I like this shot. It's simple but has an impact. I can see drought here from the dried gold leaves, to the naked skin that shows lack of moisture, and to that facial expression that symbolizes parchedness. You made Judge Lucky proud.
1555 days 6 hours ago
wileycoyote
Lizzo: Theme wise i think you nailed it, i can see the storm behind you however i think the posing could be cleaner and you have a lot of unneeded deadspace

Coco: im not a huge fan of this, uour only real connectiom is the red, the light washes out your features and i think you look constipated

Miles: really creative approach, while not top tier its a well made photo to

Jon: This is a very cool shot, not complicated but sometimes its good to know when to play it safe(i wouldnt advise it always though)

Luka: excellent description that while i dont really see in the photo sells the concept and shows you thought it through, the photo itself isnt amaxing, dead space and your weirdly smug expression kinda get in its way

Efrem: this description is all fluff and no substance and you relate nothing back to this very uminspired pic, i expected way more from you

Jhona: The posing to me really helps you nail the chaotic feel of a tsunami and your strong expression helps bring it home, i physically gasped when i saw it, great job

Bella: interesting approach, it feels like a bit of a stretch and these lates are gonna come back to bite you but for now you are being carried by the strength of your portfolio

Laith: not what i expected but a smart choice, with simple but interesting posing and composition
1555 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
Panel will start at exactly 8AM EST. Thank you and goodluck!
1555 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1555 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
We're going to start now, if you're currently online, do not hesitate to join in.
1555 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PANEL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1555 days 2 hours ago
nateclove
Here ~
1555 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
Welcome to the panel and in my hand are the results!
1555 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
Laith, once again, if you fail to make it to Top 5 for this week, you'll automatically be eliminated. If you do get on the top half of the panel this week, you'll have your spot back in the competition.
1555 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
The scores that you will get is based on:

CHALLENGE SCORE + JUDGES SCORE (highest to lowest) = TOTAL
1555 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
I have 9 Models standing before me, but I only have 8 photos in my hands; and these photos represent the 8 of you that will still be in the running towards becoming the Next Top Model.
1555 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
THE BEST PHOTO OF THE WEEK GOES TO.....
1555 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
the 25 year old New Yorker...
1555 days 2 hours ago
Jerard

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!