This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM13 - Challenge & Photoshoot (11)

Topic » #NTM13 - Challenge &..

1727 days 22 hours ago
Jerard
Challenge #11

"Indonesia"

Today's challenge you will all be learning something new. Brought to you by one of our judges, Judge Sui who will be your challenge judge this week. For her task she specifically stated -
"My challenge for our models is to show the culture of Indonesia (up to them what aspect of Indonesian culture they want to represent) through their photo. Explanation is highly needed."

You must submit within 24 hours to avoid deductions. Thank you and goodluck! x
1727 days 8 hours ago
KingGeek
chal xi - yoonyoung
https://i.imgur.com/EC0cCkb.png

i chose to portray indonesia's sundanese culture. particularly their folklore through goddess of the sea, nyi loro kidul. she was known to be a princess thirsty for power, cursed by her father and sent into a stage of reincarnation. she wards off men who wear green as she resides on west java's south coast.
1727 days 5 hours ago
Ajathekween
Aquaria

Indonesia’s national bird is The is the Garuda. It’s not an actual animal but it’s mythical. Garuda is a half-human, half-bird creature, with red wings, white face, and a figure so big that it covered the sun whenever he flew by.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/af/7b/73/af7b733c2bed0f7971bc3beac3a22af4.jpg
1727 days 3 hours ago
hazbez94
Shaun Ross

https://images.app.goo.gl/g4hoUnRSoHjVrJVt5

I wanted to place a focus on the idea of religion in Indonesia. The constant battle between secular and religious state laws causes many issues within the country. I wanted to show this through the rdorsentation of Shaun as a white light or beacon of hope which juxtaposes that of his fellow model, creating a binary commonly seen in the country. It is also illegal to be agnostic or atheist so the ties to religion within the country are heavy and important for Indonesia to feel whole, something which I hope to represent in the image.
1727 days 2 hours ago
Wade
Bryce Thompson
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xE2AuY7U-q0/TjhBIPfZJnI/AAAAAAAAFgI/fe9Tko3zEGY/s1600/254855_10150267029081255_22849576254_8841734_2407228_n8.jpg

In Indonesia, Sports is generally male-oriented and but that's not the only reason for this shot. I chose this shot because of the sport, badminton. In Indonesia Badminton is one of the two most popular sports besides football(soccer), its so damn popular that these guys are among "the only 5 countries to have won the Thomas and uber cup"(that like the world championship for badminton( yes , its a real thing)
the facial expression just symbolises looking the other way and that is because many spectators in Indonesia are "often associated with illegal gambling" reason is many see this happen but they just simply turn the other cheek hence my face turned to rep it

onto the colours
the red background represents the one part flag of Indonesia, and that is courage which is something that has been lacking for me. the red can also stand for the human body or physical life hence me my body in the pic

reason for the black attire is cause In the Middle East black can represent both rebirth and mourning. something that has happened to all of us so in essence its universal as we all can understand rebirth(when we corrected errors in our life) and mourning comes self explanatory
1726 days 4 hours ago
Wade
?
1724 days 19 hours ago
Wade
Wow
1723 days 22 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1723 days 22 hours ago
Jerard
Sorry for the delay, as I was also waiting for the challenge result myself. Anyways, to not keep you guys waiting, I'm here for the photoshoot.
1723 days 22 hours ago
Jerard
Photoshoot #11

"Brands"

For your shoot, let's make this one exciting and memorable, let's talk about YOUR brand. This week I asked and gathered information about you, how you are perceived by the judges. Each of them gives you definition, what they think about you, how they portray your photos and etc.

What I want you to do is to embrace the brand given to you and present me a photo that best describe the brand. Explanation would be highly needed. Below will be your brands.

24 hours to do the shoot, Goodluck! x
1723 days 22 hours ago
Jerard
Aquaria - Achiever
You are someone who always strive and go for the best. Yes, you might have quit the competition earlier, but when you got back you dominated. You are an ambitious, driven, motivated self improver.

Bryce - Clever
With your given resources, you Bryce always get to the bottom of it. Not only with your smart way of explaining your shots, you also delivers in photo, sometimes strongly, but always smartly. You are very intelligent.

Chanel - Sophisticated
You are someone definitely showcase a great deal of  experience with regards to fashion and culture. You pick photos in a way that most people would understand, sometimes regarded as "good taste".

Cody Ch. - Comely
You are definitely one of the charming ones to have stepped in the competition. It may have been one of your advantages as you are as well agreeable, your photos have always been reasonable as per at least one judge.

Shaun - Boundless
As per someone breaking boundaries, you are boundless. You are a person who is not afraid of taking risks, sometimes it pays off, sometimes it don't. It made you the person, who I think has the most memorable portfolio.

Yoon Young - Unwavering
And you stand tall. Day one, you consistently performed pretty well. If by chance, portfolio is 100% the criteria you probably already prove your spot at the finals. With your unfaltering talent, you were described very consistent.
1723 days 15 hours ago
Ajathekween
Aquaria-Acheiver

This brand is more focusing on what I want for myself and what I want to achieve. I want the best for myself and I want to be in a place of luxury and happiness. This is how I imagine my best life.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/32/b2/ad/32b2adcddadc267a852cc5c3c8abcd71.jpg

In this photo I am loving my best life and surrounded by luxury and opulence.
1723 days 11 hours ago
haycsclair
COMMENTS:

AQUARIA PALANDRANI - I dunno what to say. You just keep on surprising me with your photos. You really came back in this competition on fire! This is a good portrayal of the mythical bird - Garuda. The facial expression and the pose are on point mixed with an excellent overall look. You look like a bird who is ready to take off. It would have been better if you cropped out the dead space though.

BRYCE THOMPSON - As usual, you did your research again and I'm impressed. The only thing I don't like about your explanation is the same as my concern with your explanation during Week 8. We know you're good when it comes to explaining your photos, but overdoing it makes you sound trying-hard and very forced. You give too much thinking on details which are not necessary that takes away from the beauty of the photo. Looking at your photo, nothing is special about it. You keep giving the same look over and over again. We are nearing the Finale, Bryce, and we need to see something new. Don't just rely on your good looks.

SHAUN ROSS - Once again you took a risk and it paid off. Your concept of religion in Indonesia is exceptional. That's how you pick a culture of a certain country - going deeper into the roots of the people. I love how you explained the current state of the country in terms of religion. Looking at your shot I'm in awe. It has a story and it's very wholesome and divine. The juxtaposition of both characters in the shot provides solid support to your explanation. Another thing that I love in your photo is that you didn't let the female model to outshine you. You are the true star of the shot.

BAE YOON YOUNG - I like the route you took in this challenge, unfortunately it didn't translate in the photo. There is no evidence of any of your description about the Goddess of the Sea in your shot. Where is the goddess who is thirsty of power? I don't see a woman who is hungry of dominance, instead I'm looking at a slouchy model. Even the stage of reincarnation and the warding men off are not evident in the photo. Just a girl who is standing there beside a sea. This photo of yours would qualify in the first five weeks of this cycle, but not this week.

CHANEL IMAN & CODY CHRISTIAN - So disappointed with the both of you.
1723 days 9 hours ago
KingGeek
ps xi - yoonyoung
https://i.imgur.com/rMvnDcg.png

i'm feel both flattered and accomplished knowing that the judges see me as a consistent, well-performing model in the competition. when i think of my 'unwavering' brand, i credit it to my dominant force as a go-getting model who takes leaps of faith in hopes that they are successful. with my shot, i convey an assert of dominance through what i believe to be a very forceful and bold shot.
1723 days ago
hazbez94
Shaun Ross
https://images.app.goo.gl/EHTcywaG6mpReMCV8

I wanted to represent boundless is a new and free thinking kind of way. Shaun encompasses so many different identities and represents society in a variety of ways. This shot shows him in a high fashion way whilst still breaking boundaries by being a top Male model in the industry. He is giving both masculine and feminine traits whilst the setting adds a sense of mondanaity to the image something which is relatable. He is a risk taker and a chameleon able to change to fit whatever the brief is, something which is showcased throughout his body of work.
1722 days 22 hours ago
Wade
BRYCE THOMPSON -clever(intelligent)

https://mediaslide-us.storage.googleapis.com/soulartist/pictures/24/317/large-1530131447-2d88b877984f9eb3b645b38a8b5dc30e.jpg

Models are always admired for their looks, but they’re very frowned upon when it comes to intelligence..there is always this stigma that Beauty doesn’t go with Brians and that models don’t have brains they’re just there to look good

So I chose this shot to show what intelligence can do...intelligence and hardwork= success
My photo shows a model who looks good but also shows what intelligence and hardwork can do and it’s true what Britney said “if you want a hot body, if you want to live fancy...you gotta work bitch”

So I feel I correctly rep my brand because I’m the opposite of what models are branded as ...I have my looks but I also have intelligence and that translates to successfulness, what my photo shows

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!