This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM11 - Semi-Finals

Topic » #NTM11 - Semi-Finals

2101 days 18 hours ago
Jerard
Hello models! To determine who gets to be in the Finals of the Next top Model 11: Clash of Ascendancy,it's time to take on four photoshoot today. So shall we get to it?
2101 days 18 hours ago
wileycoyote
yes
2101 days 18 hours ago
Jerard
TASKS:

Marlon's Challenge:
"This is time to show why you deserve a spot in the finals, no frills, no rules I just wanna see what you do and why you need to be in the finals."

Sui's Challenge:
"Throughout the competition, we've seen your body of work in term of photos. Now I want you to show us how good you can perform in motion thru presenting a commercial video. I want to see how good you can project in front of the camera."

Lucky's Challenge:
"Hey y’all I believe that each and every one of you have something amazing about you. You all had to use this gift time after time in this cycle and for my task I want you to directly give it to me. I want to see a headshot!!! Just your face show me what I’m personally working with. Everyone has to have a good headshot to make it in this business "

Jerard's Challenge:
"Hi guys, for your last challenge before hitting the finals. Now, I incorporated you each which I think suits your vibe - so just live with the song, blend in with the music video and present us a photo that will make us feel like we're listening to the song. Now here's your assigned songs:
Dinara - That's My Girl by Fifth Harmony
Garrett - Earned It by The Weeknd
Lenox - IDGAF by Dua Lipa
Shawn - Believer by Imagine Dragons"

48 hours for all of that. Late submissions would mean deduction of points. Thank you and goodluck! x
2101 days 18 hours ago
haycsclair
Good luck, Semi-Finalists!
2101 days 11 hours ago
carlyjordan14
:::::SHAWN MENDES:::::

Marlon’s Challenge:

No frills. No gimmicks. Just Shawn. I came into this competition prepared to be out first. I lacked modeling experience, but I still wanted to give this competition my all. This shot hopefully shows my growth and how far I’ve been able to come. Not just in terms of being in the semi-finals, but also as a model.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/27/e5/6d/27e56dae29d2ca8abeb97105acc3f62c.jpg

Sui’s Challenge:

Here is video footage of me for the Emporio Armani Connected smart watch campaign.

Lucky’s Challenge:

I hope you like this color headshot as I think it speaks to my growth as a model in this competition.

https://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2018/05/21/magazine/shawn-mendes-feature-lede.w512.h600.2x.jpg

Jerard’s Challenge:

The song “Believer” by Imagine Dragons refers to the struggles one faces in life. The inner battle to overcome past mistakes, anxiety, self-doubt and depression. The music video is very colorful and shows the protagonist in a battle to evolve. This shot aims to capture that by showing a version of myself trying to leave my body from within. The struggle for me to be confident in myself as a model plays a major part in this shot.

https://lastfm-img2.akamaized.net/i/u/770x0/52b35fd0357dc92c7a4955e0c9aa1e62.jpg

2100 days 14 hours ago
nikw98
Lenox Tillman:

Marlon's Challenge:
For this one I wanted to give you a Lenox signature with the awkward pose. I think this photo represents me in this competition. The dark horse. I am going for the win and nothing is stopping me.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B39MvgdIYAA67Jd.jpg

Sui's Challenge:
Before I say anything, I will say that out of all of the challenges, I am the least happy with my performance in this one. I want to prove to you that I can shoot for a commercial shoot rather it be video or photo and I hope to prove that with this. 

Lucky's Challenge:
I am aware that previously Marlon made a comment about not liking hair in the face, but I think this shot works wonderful with it and has a purpose. This photo represents me at my lowest on the competition. I want to prove that even when I'm at my lowest, I can still be the best!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/next-management-production/assets/images/312229/medium_portrait.jpg?1423612351  

Jerard's Challenge:
The song I got was IDGAF by Dua Lipa. It is about a guy who did you dirty coming back into your life after you've found what has kept you away all this time. It's about loving yourself enough to look and say IDGAF about you anymore and I don't need you. This song boils down to self love. I feel like I have performed my best when I have found the love for myself and embraced my quirks. I wanted to show my quirks while still staying true to myself.

http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/8f3035c4gw1ejrmoxk7ioj20hs0qozl3.jpg
2100 days 8 hours ago
Zankie16
Garrett Neff:

Marlon’s Challenge:
throughout this competition, I have gotten good remarks and bad ones at the same time. One week I would be at my high and the next I would be at my low. So, for this photo, I thought about what got me into this competition and for that, I thought of the very first challenge the coaches one when we went one on one with our very fist team. So, I went with an upgraded version of the sexy

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/46/93/9d/46939d5cc3dbdce8b1efc3a2820aa8dd.jpg

Sui's Challenge:
In this commercial, you can that I can bring what I can do in front of the camera for a photo and project that in front of a camera for a commercial.

Lucky's Challenge:
In this competition, all of the judges have said at one point that my face is my strongest aspect as a model. So, in this photo, I still have that strong face but also you can see a little softness in it.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/98/be/da/98bedab3878d7706403048b0915957d4--male-models-beautiful-men.jpg

Jerard's Challenge:
The song I got was Earned It by The Weekend. This song is known for being on the Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack. This song all about the seduction of wanting someone or thing.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/36/6b/e2/366be2f74e9d987a1936e8aabad59c32.jpg
2099 days 22 hours ago
DrG2
Marlon
Well the thing that make me standout from the rest will be performed in today photoshoot after this one which are my facial structure and vigorous, my brand. Because of that I want to show another thing that made me known as Dinara Chetyrova in this season which is my strong glance which you can see in my photo. This photo is just me when I saw someone wanted to take my spot in the finale and be like "girl, don't you dare"
http://www.dinarachetyrova.com/uploads/8/3/7/4/83743768/dinara-chetyrova-elle-vietnam-june-2011-8_orig.jpg

Sui
In today’s video challenge, I wanna introduce you guys with one of the best cosmetics, NARS and now it is about NARS’s Aqua Glow Cushion Foundation
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYd8IYfFtZ3/?taken-by=dinarachetyrova
(I can’t find the video on youtube so)

Lucky
People always like to talk about my facial structure right? In here I will show you my distinctive facial structure by giving you this headshot
http://cdn.beautyisboring.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Dinara-Chetyrova-Robin-Black-Beauty-Is-Boring-Falls-Nude-Face.jpg

Jerard
So the song that is given to me called “That’s My Girl” by Fifth Harmony. The song itself give you an Empowerment Woman Vibe and also about strong woman who emphasizes the importance of women working hard and not letting manipulative men define them. In this photoshoot I wanna show strong woman who can take care of themselves and ready to show that a woman can be in charge too
https://prnt.sc/kevi62
2099 days 16 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
2098 days 23 hours ago
wileycoyote
not sure if im judging them all or which ones so im just posting comments for mine for now

Shawn: You do a lot right in your posing and staging but i gotta say your face looks kinda dead here, doesnt really show off that wow factor that i was hoping to see here

Lenox: Simple but effective i can feel the emotion coming off the photo here and im loving it great job not a showstopper but shows your skill in being able to pull one off

Garrett: Theres a lot i dont like here on a very basic level you look awkward and you dont seem to like being there but also unfortunately theres a lot of editing been done to tweak the photo(wtf did they do to your neck) and overall i struggle here

Dinara: You know your biggest strength and chose to highlight it here, the photo really shows that off, its not a showstopper but it shows you can pull one off in a finale and im very happy with this
2098 days 15 hours ago
wileycoyote
Suis Challenge

Shawn: i really enjoyed this, the motion really allowed your personality to shine through and thats your biggest selling point in this competition

Lenox: Your fully aware how unengaging this is, its short and not much happens not really much i can say :/

Garrett: You really didbt take advantage of the motion here :/ every shot here was basically a still of you with that same bored face you have in almost every single photo

Dinara: This video really focuses in on your best selling point, your face its not revolutionary but a very clean showcase of your strength as a model
2098 days 15 hours ago
wileycoyote
Shawn: The emotion and strength oozing from this is amazing, honestly its the strongest ive seen you do all season and im loving it

Lenox: its not that i dislike hair in the face its just that it cant be obstructive, here you can still clearly see all your facial features so it adds to it and i love the emotion here

Garrett: Emotion! thank god you do have a soul and its doing great here now its out and showing us what you can do

Dinara: This is overexposed which is a big problem, it hardens your soft features and turns your gaze into a stare you can still see you through that but this shot is not to your usual standard
2098 days 15 hours ago
wileycoyote
^luckys
im not judging jerards so im done now, good luck guys
2098 days 13 hours ago
Neme91
Lucky's Challenge

Shawn: Shawn you really delivered on this photo like literally when I saw it you threw me out of a baseball stadium. That was a freaking home run all the way to the finish line. I love the colors that absorb into the background that brings you forward. I love how your hair is positioned and the greatest key is that your face is giving all and that's what I want for a perfect headshot.

Lenox: You can physically feel the emotion that this photo gives off. A headshot in black and white is a choice but this one is a good choice because it shows off the model that I'm looking at and the capability that this model possesses. You give this photo to any agency and you have yourself a booking.

Garret: I like this photo but my only concern was that you were ideally looking at me for this photo and your arm is also making a cameo. My definition of a headshot is you sitting up straight, looking at the camera giving off a face, giving off you.  This photo is giving emotion but it looks more like a cropped off photo then an actual headshot. My only concern really.

Dinara: I agree with Marlon in the sense that this is definitely a different type of photo that you give off that isn't your ordinary kind. I do like it, the lighting is a little too much. But overall it's a cute headshot. Love the face that you give.
2098 days 13 hours ago
Neme91
Marlon's Challenge

Shawn: I love that there is no makeup in this photo, no editing. This is very raw and very real and that's something that I like. I think you took this challenge to what Marlon asked for and delivered.

Lenox: It's not a showstopper but it is a qualifier. You have a different way of conducting yourself in modeling and it's truly an interesting way. You overuse black and white a little bit too much in your photos but this is a good photo.

Garrett: This task how I take it is to just be normal and be simple. I'm not exactly sure why you chose this photo because it's not a bad photo but it's not a photo that represents anything. That shows anything that would make us sit here and say "wow now that's a 10 level picture".

Dinara: Wow
2098 days 12 hours ago
Neme91
Jerard's Challenge

Shawn: This is one of the best interpretations of a music video I ever have seen truly. Like what did you eat cause this is amazing.

Lenox: This isn'y my favorite because I don't fully understand it and it's relation to the song or video. Also you keep trying to promote this whole "show quirks and stay true to myself" yet there is nothing quirky about this.

Garrett: You can literally take this photo and just put it into the music video, the movie, everything. It's so sexual and alluring. The lighting does wonders, you do wonders. I love the whole face that you are giving and my favorite thing is that you are definitely outshining the female counterpart. All eyes are on you in this shot.

Dinara:  You can definitely feel the video in this photo from a mile away. it's very well done choice, very smart. I think the photo all around is a beautiful representation of That's My Girl. You keep being the gift that gives.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!