This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM8 - Challenge & Photoshoot (11)

Topic » #NTM8 - Challenge &..

2509 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
Challenge #11

"Combined Months"

Hello Guys! So we are here this week facing of a back to back elimination. Anyways, to start this of is our 11th challenge of the season. The season is entitled "Combined Months", this means that you are going to post a photo encompassing two particular months given to you by both our challenge winners, Lily and Lucky.

For example is you would go with August + December, the models would think of something about August and December that they may combine, for example is they would go with pulling off winter clothings while it is summer. Another one is February + October, like February is the month of love and then there's October the Fall.

Example:
Jon Kortajarena (June and December)
Showing some high fashion editorial shot that showed the combination of the warmth of the summer and the fashion winter can bring. This fur coat shows style and grace and in this blazin June weather you have to show a little skin.
http://www.malemodelscene.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Jon-Kortajarena-S-Moda-Damon-Baker-02.jpg

Below are the combined months you are going to do, you have 24 hours to do the shoot. Goodluck!
2509 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
Anyways, be creative as possible. It's TOP 6 already and things may go a bit shaky this time around, so always be ready.

Months:

Elva - June and October
Francisco - February and July
Gigi - January and September
Lily - May and November
Lucky - March and December
Sui - May and August
2509 days 16 hours ago
haycsclair
No month of April?
2509 days 16 hours ago
Jerard
No, I stated to them that repetition of months are allowed :)
2509 days 15 hours ago
rahrah
Francisco:

Focusing on July as being Independance Day and celebrating the day at a bonfire playing guitar and chilling. However also bring in elements on Febuary not only by the clothing as such but also the romantic setting to focus on the love of Febuary.

http://www.franciscolachowski.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Macys-American-Icons-2015-Francisco-Lachowski-08-847x1024.jpg
2509 days 15 hours ago
Montenegro
Elva: June and October

To me, June is the epitome month of summer: everything is bright and bold, which contrasts with the mysterious, perhaps even scary feeling of October's Halloween. As such, this photo is taken in bright, warm lights that allow a shadow to protrude over my face, creating a sense of mysterious identity and curiosity. I like the conflict of identity in my photo, which plays with the idea that on Halloween you can never really tell who is behind the costume masks, represented by the shadows in this shot.

http://i.imgur.com/fmIXFvR.jpg
2509 days 11 hours ago
aj1111
Lily: May/November

http://lilycollins.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_alc008.jpg

This reminds me of May because during May all the flowers blossom. This reminds me of November because of the clothing she is wearing. In october/september its not to cold to wear clothing like that but in november it is
2509 days 11 hours ago
Neme91
Lucky: March and December

So in March is the last month basically of the winter season and then slowly turns over to Spring. While December is the beginning month of the winter season coming out from the fall season into the coldest there is. In my photo I want to capture the essence that it's still winter in both months but theres also a change. So you can wear your winter clothing like i'm wearing in both March and December but in December it's more cold and less bright but in March it's still cold but you have the sun shining because it's preparing to leave the season. So that's how I'm going bout this photo. But it's cliche to just wear winter clothing and say wallah.

March is also known for St. Patricks day and so I decided why not let me add a little green to this photo to not only catch the essence of the December look in a march setting but still keep the march traditions of an holiday incorporated into the shot.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/fa/23/ac/fa23ac8b491afe55e891b908e3b337dd.jpg

Hope you like
2509 days 11 hours ago
coolKat
Although January is a new year which is kind of a new start for some people you also are also feeling the coldness of the weather.

September for many is back to school or for parents it's a start of a vacation of freedom from not being with their kids 24/7 anymore. It's also the sadness of not being able to enjoy the summer activities you used to anymore.

So I decided to incorporate Back to School with a new year/new start.

My pose emphasizes a new start because of standing to one side with the shadow behind me being my past.

The clothes and hair model perfection which is how you wanna look on your first day back to school

http://www.adweek.com/files/imagecache/node-detail/fea-gigi-02-2015.jpg

This was a challenge so thank you Lucky and Lily
2509 days 6 hours ago
haycsclair
SUI HE (May and August)

So month of May is the last full month of spring season, while August is the last full month of summer. In this photo, the flower symbolizes the month of May whereas flowers fully blossomed. The hat symbolizes the month of August in which people spend their summer a lot. Hat is a prominent accessory during summer. Showing some skin is an act of celebrating the summer.

In regards to the outfit, I decided to choose skirt and a top that is wearable both in month of May and August. I didn't go with the usual clothing in spring which is the blazer and vest. The color red of the flower, the hat, and my skirt is inspired by the gemstone spinel which is associated to the month of August.

I hope you will see how May meets August because there is a spring and a summer vibe in this photo.

https://www.fashiongonerogue.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/sui-he-bazaar-china6.jpg
2509 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
2509 days 1 hour ago
carlyjordan14
- Elva Hsiao (Montenegro) = June & October
This concept is great and I like how you explain it. It is a bit blurry, but aside from that I do understand how you incorporated the summer with the mysteriousness of October.

- Francisco Lachowski (rahrah) = February & July
I admire the idea behind this shot and overall this was a good representation of the months given to you. It doesn’t fully stick out to me in terms of your portfolio, but this was a challenging task and you did well.

- Gigi Hadid (coolKat) = January & September
Simple overall, but your explanation is detailed and makes me look deeper at it. I love the concept of your past being the shadow behind you, while you’re looking up to a new beginning.

- Lily Collins (aj1111) = May & November
Nice concept and the overall shot is simple. The mood that I get from this is somber which connects well with the fall, while also seeing flowers blooming in spring.

- Lucky Blue Smith (Neme91) = March & December
The assigned months were tricky, but I think you did a solid job in pulling them together. The setting feels like March, while the clothing is very December. The touch of green was a nice addition.

- Sui He (haycsclair) = May & August
Overall I this this is one of your strongest shots to date. The color scheme is bold and embraces the start and end of summer. Your pose is great and as a whole the styling is on point.
2509 days 1 hour ago
haycsclair
OMG! Is this an elimination outside the Judging panel?
2509 days 1 hour ago
haycsclair
JERARD:

"So always be ready."

So intense!
2508 days 18 hours ago
wileycoyote
Franscisco: your BRAZILIAN you dont celebrate AMERICAN independence day, irregardless i dont really see where this fits in with the theme though even if it is a nice photo

Elva: Stunning you really capture the atmosphere i just wish you stood out a little more

Lily: very good job with the theme, the photo itself... not so much your being overshadowed(literally) by the things around you and you feel like an accesory to the clothes and flowers

Lucky: theme feels loose but its a hard challenge, the photo really feels half assed unfortunately

Gigi: i like how well thought out you did september but january feels like an afterthought, nice pic though

Sui: I love the thought you put into this and its a great photo, you really use the hat well
2507 days 23 hours ago
rahrah
I just wanna say reason I focused on Independence Day is cause it is a celebration in July, regardless of my nationality I do spend time in America.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!