This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC Beta 26!

Topic » TSC Beta 26!

3650 days 16 hours ago
Weetmaster
01) My Chemical Romance - Perfection. Triumphant. Great power and there was never a dull moment. Great start.
02) Adele - Chilling and a great listen. It's dark but beautiful.
03) Scissor Sisters - You're so right, it's not easy having yourself a good time. Especially with this playing.
04) Destiny's Child - Even though this is totally a misogynistic song claiming women are "hopelessness" without a man, I still think it's damn right sexy. I'm impartial!
05) The Strokes - I'm really FEELING this right now #downloaded
06) Colbie Caillat - "Will you count me in?", yes I will
07) Ariana Grande - This is hitting all the right spots right now. Hell yeah. #downloaded
08) Green Day - Back when I was in middle school, this song played on repeat on the radio, on all the parties, on every's stereo, and it's been so overplayed that it is now repulsive to me. But when I first heard it I loved it.... for whatever that's worth.
09) Chris Brown - I 100% forgot about this song, I missed this, AWESOME #downloaded
10) Panic! At The Disco - A little quirky, interesting vocals, and a whole lotta fun, I still love it even after all this time
11) Daniel Merriweather - I couldn't take this guy seriously because I could think about was the fairy from sleeping beauty. His voice was pleasant.
12) Of Monsters and Men - It was ok, I'd probably play it on my ipod if there's nothing else to play just to fill the silence.
13) Kanye West - It was ok for me again. I never exactly like this though
3650 days 15 hours ago
kilikfanof2mrow
1. This song I swear shouldn't have been eligible, because it's actually a bit from the song. The true length is 5:02. That being said, a solid start to this TSCb. Great choice.

2. Someone is really trying to cash in on last week's Bond entry. WHY? You know Adele has so many better songs than this, so stop turning this one out.

3. YAS. This just makes me feel so good inside, and if you don't like it, you don't like Doctor Who. Which is a shame, and we must shun you.

4. As much as I love me some Destiny's Child, this is one of those 'i listen to it on my iPod when i have listened through everything else'. not all that thrilled with the entry.

5. Same deal with Destiny's Child going on here which is a bloody shame because I am a huge Strokes fan.

6. You know what this song is about? ORGASM. That is enough to catapult it to the top of my list of good songs.

7. GO AWAY... NO ONE LIKES YOU. You can act, but you can't sing.

8. I guess we have to have someone sending in something that is both cathartic and demoralizing. Great, now where did I put the rope?

9. First off, any abusers should not be allowed on TSC by proxy of actually doing the right thing and not letting them get away with that shit. That being said, the song actually puts the abuse as something more tolerable. WHAT THE LIVING FCUK?

10. DAMMIT. THAT IS ALL.

11. This is like a very dry, alcoholic wine... totally not my tastes. Sorry, try again when you don't make me wanna curl up into a ball and stab my ears out so the dullness doesn't kill me.

12. My head is animal. That is all.

13. ---antgwcoi3jewopgjesoingoeirwzoihn3woanhowresapohespcoehrsdo- That is all I have to say.
3650 days 15 hours ago
bibbles
soooo sorry fritzyyyyy, i watched a new bbc drama called quirke which started at the same time, it was not good, hubby wasnt pleased that i made him watch it too!! i will listen tomorrow!
3650 days 6 hours ago
Talian
01 ) MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE - I remember this song.. I used to love MCR .. I even bought the album and i have to say i still love it..
02 ) ADELE - I'm not a big Adele fan.. I mean im more into her First album than this but i admire her .. And this song is very easylistening and kinda epic once u don't hear it everywhere you go..
03) SCISSOR SISTERS - I never heard this before but i like Scissor Sisters.. They make very funny songs and this is very Nice .. I loved this..
04) DESTINY'S CHILD - Absolutely not my favourite song by them.. But i love Destiny's Child and this is not bad:)
05) THE STROKES - I don't like the strokes.. I mean Rock and Indie Rock are totale my thing but they make so messed up songs..
06) COLBIE CALLAIT - I already knew this song even tho this is not any popular in my country at all.. But i don't know why.. This is very sweet and enjoyable..
07) ARIANA GRANDE - I found out of this song last week and at First i liked it.. But now its kinda Annoying me.. I like the whispered "i got one less problem without you" part.. But her voice kinda gets on my nerves..
08) GREEN DAY - Wow this was the anthem of my childhood :) definetely getting points.. :)
09) CHRIS BROWN - I don't know what to say.. I hate Chris Brown but i love Keri Hilson.. But the song's not good ..
10) PANIC! AT THE DISCO - Yes yes yes! I always loved this song and i think i always will..
11) DANIEL MERRIWEATHER - One of my favourite songs ever.. Wow.. This is amazing ..
12) OF MONSTERS AND MEN - definetely better than little talks.. I hate that one..
13) KANYE WEST - I like the music intro but the rest is very annoying.. Rihanna is amazing as always but Kanye's rap is the worst.. :/
3649 days 23 hours ago
sarahnva
Who played Green Day? You're a win in my eyes.
3649 days 19 hours ago
andrewvaughan17
01) My Chemical Romance- I gotta be honest i'm not a big fan of this band. I love rock but I am just not fond of MCR
02) Adele- I love this song i've watched Skyfall and when I heard Adele would sing the theme I was concerned but this is my favourite Adele song ever
03) Scissor Sisters- I've only heard of the singles that Scissor Sister's have done but I do like this song I find the band a little goofy and cheesy but this was ok
04) Destiny's Child- I used to love Destiny's Child but I really cannot stand this song it's one of their weakest
05) The Strokes- Another band that I have mixed feelings about. I usually love dance and those type of styles but this could convert me into more indie stuff
06) Colbie Caillat- I think this song could be classed as a little old fashioned for TsC but it's an interesting song
07) Ariana Grande- I've heard good things about Ariana and I kinda like her singing. The song is quite bad and Ariana knows better then this
08) Green Day- I loved Green Day back in the day but I am in the small minority who doesn't like this song.
09) Chris Brown- I only like two songs of Chris Brown and this ain't one of them. Vile human being
10) Panic! At The Disco- I have heard of Panic At The Disco but I have to admit I really don't like this song either :/
11) Daniel Merriweather-  This is like a blast from the past from me and I gotta admit I love this song :)
12) Of Monsters and Men- Again I don't like this band but then again it's not exactly my type of genre to be honest.
13) Kanye West- I like this song but I think they should've cut the length down some more because it is a tad repetitive
3649 days 16 hours ago
bibbles
01) My Chemical Romance – I quite these, they can be a bit hit or miss, mini bibs likes them, this one was quite good!
02) Adele -  not an adele fan, but of all the recent bond themes this is the only one that I remember!! Bond songs are not as strong as they used to be! David Arnold needs to be involved!!
03) Scissor Sisters – I was shocked when I found out what scissor sister meant, even more shocked when it was mini bibs year 3 teacher that told me! Of course this contains swearing, I may have to give it points, by default!!
04) Destiny's Child – all those years of getting rid of the crackle from a record and they put it back in!! I really really don’t like this sort of music!! Sounds like they are setting womens movement back 50 years!!
05) The Strokes – for years I thought these were called the stokes!! Sounds like a film track, its okay!
06) Colbie Caillat – this slowed it right down! It’s a bit on the twee side and her voice is a bit funny when wearing headphones!! Its alright!
07) Ariana Grande – this is awful!! She sounds like she over reaching and them some!! What is that, is that rapping?
08) Green Day – I loved this song when it came out, I thought it was older than 2004!!
09) Chris Brown – this contest is like up, down, up, down, this is defo down!!!!
10) Panic! At The Disco – another song on mini bibs phone that was bluetoothed to the car and I heard over and over on holiday!! Surprised they are muting the god bit!! Oh just found out, its only on this version!!
11) Daniel Merriweather – its male twee!! It was quite mellowish!!
12) Of Monsters and Men – I like these and I like this one!
13) Kanye West – this got worse as it went on!! Im going to have to give an awful song some points somewhere!!
3649 days 16 hours ago
Monrooster
1)        My Chemical Romance – I’ve not listened to much of their stuff. Still a bit too punk rocky for my taste, but it was actually surprisingly good – very triumphant in sections. They might have a good chance of winning.
2)        Adele – Another bond theme. This one is pretty great in its simplicity. It dragged a tad, but I still liked it. It was on my shortlist of possible entries, but I didn’t want to enter two bond songs right after each other.
3)        Scissor Sisters – It’s really not doing anything for me. Too slow, a bit grating melodically and just a tad dull to be frank.
4)        Destiny’s Child – Not really my style. There are some strong vocals here, but if this was released now, I think it might get a mixed reaction. There’s a lot of girl power around lately and this goes against that. But yeah, all that being said, the song wasn't all that great anyway.
5)        The Strokes – The Strokes are hit-and-miss with me. As much as I like a good bass, this one became a bit too grating after a while. It felt a bit too messy and the vocal and the instrumentation didn’t mesh too well for me.
6)        Colbie Caillat – Yeah, I associate her with quite twee-sounding songs. This was one of those too. I mean, she’s got a nice voice and it had a pretty good flow to it, but it’s just not really my style.
7)        Ariana Grande – This is quite quirky and boppy, which I quite liked, but the lyrics are pretty terrible. There is something about Iggy Azalea that I like though. Her diction is odd, but she’s so cool and slick. Still a meh though.
8)        Green Day – The nostalgia here is swaying me, I’m afraid. That’s good for whoever submitted this though. I have listened to that mashup too much with Oasis and Travis so I keep singing their bits over the instrumental sections. I forgot how long it was, so it did drag a tad. I don’t remember that ending sequence all too well either, which was a tad weird. Good choice nonetheless. (Please be bibbles… I have a feeling she might be Panic! though)
9)        Chris Brown – Not feeling this either. Too many runs and too little an impact left on me.
10)        Panic! At The Disco – They are so weird. Their phrasing and musicality to the lyrics bug me. It’s all airy-fairy and too odd for me. Also, why are they muting the word god?
11)        Daniel Merriweather – Twee time again. I really do like his voice though - it’s a great tone. I love it when he goes all soul in places too. I’m a bit torn now.
12)        Of Monsters and Men – Yay Scandinavian Indie stuff.  I’d never seen what they looked like before this video. They’re delightfully quirky, much like this song. It’s a tad on the simple side, but it’s made me too happy for me to criticise it further.
13)        Kanye West – I was hoping for one of his new songs. I actually quite like some of them. I liked the fanfare intro and I liked some of the sections, but there is way too much going on in the choruses. That drum beat is a tad weird and was throwing everything off for me. It’s a bit too long and overly repetitive too.
3649 days 11 hours ago
pablito
01) My Chemical Romance - 'Welcome To The Black Parade' - Loved this back in the day. Such a stark opening and the anthemic points of the song outweigh the pretentiousness that the band has. I still liked them a lot back in the day. I think I still like it today too.

02) Adele - 'Skyfall' - I always felt this song was overrated. Listening with new ears, what I like about this song is the moments of pause which bring about an urgency to the song. I can't say the same about the chorus as it all melds together, and that's what bothers me I guess. The verses are delicate and purposeful, but the chorus is more a bloated example of peacocking. The sad part is that her voice is still beyond excellent.

03) Scissor Sisters - 'I Can't Decide' - Jaunty and chipper, this song reminds me of the time that I went all banksy and put on a top hat and graffitied the walls of my school with stenciled pictures of the Last Supper. It is not scandalous if you knew my school. But I wanted to be scandalous. The song finds its groove in the chorus, but the verses aren't standing out enough.

04) Destiny's Child - 'Cater 2 U' - Refreshing. I love this video. Nothing more could be said but, refresh video.

05) The Strokes - 'Juicebox' - Wasn't really a fan of the strokes back then. This is still standing out for me at least compared to the rest. The second half of the song is real nice. I like melodic screaming.

06) Colbie Caillat - 'Bubbly' - I think I enjoyed this song a few years ago, not because of its own merits, but because it was just played on every station I listened to. I really hate the lyrics. The song composition is nice, and her voice is serviceable. The undulation of the song is something you can't get anywhere. I wish you could just change it to a raspy male voice and change the words and it'd be nice.

07) Ariana Grande - 'Problem (ft. Iggy Azalea)' - Horns are horny. It's not the greatest song, but it's quite catchy. The production value here trumps all. I don't even like Ariana or Iggy, and I find this to be such an earworm.

08) Green Day - 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' - I always wanted to like this song more because of its historical significance of being on an amazing album. But as a single, it always felt a little off to me. On review, I think it's because the song move along in a too predictable fashion. Love the lyrics though. And the chorus I can respect a bit.

09) Chris Brown - 'Superhuman (ft. Keri Hilson)' - Ok, Chris Brown. You got nothing on Wheelchair Jimmy with your whiny voice.

10) Panic! At The Disco - 'I Write Sins Not Tragedies' - This is one of the bands that I was confused about back in the day. I loved bands just like them, but I didn't know if I liked them, but their lyrics were damn legendary. This song was not my fave from them, but I've since very much enjoyed a lot of their work. This song bothered me because it tried to fit too many words into too few beats. But that's what genius lyrics gets you. I do love that this contest is bringing back the genre. Thanks, makes me thoroughly enjoy the beta.

11) Daniel Merriweather - 'Red' - This song was my go to song when doing Numbers or WoF back when I played survivor with chez and phenom. I refused to start without either this song or sweet disposition. I think this was my WoF song because it just calmed me. Sweet Disposition always kept me on the beat for Numbers. Anyway, the voice is silky, the passion is undeniable, and the strings bring you just there.

12) Of Monsters and Men - 'Mountain Sound' - I like the band, this song feels a bit off in its identity. I like it, but I don't. It's all moist and damp. I can smell the sweat in this song.

13) Kanye West - 'All Of The Lights (ft. Rihanna & Kid CuDi)' - Kanye knows how to craft a song. That is all.
3649 days 7 hours ago
FlameonX
1) My Chemical Romance - I almost forgot about them! I'm a fan of this song.
2) Adele - It's one of those Adele songs that people do really good covers of. Rhythmically different and enjoyable.
3) Scissor Sisters - I've never been a fan of the scissor sisters.
4) Destiny's Child - I don't know why, but every time I hear Michi's voice I want to giggle.
5) The Strokes - Hmm, not my cup of tea.
6) Colbie Caillat - I probably wouldn't have picked this song for Colby, but I still like the tone of her voice.
7) Ariana Grande - It's not my favourite song.
8) Green Day - OOOOH yes! Hi, childhood!
9) Chris Brown - Love the duet.
10) Panic! At The Disco - AHHHH yes! This guy's voice is so easily recognizable.
11) Daniel Merriweather - OOOOOOAAAAAAAH! This is just gold.
12) Of Monster and Men - I love their sound - everything about it.
13) Kanye West - Such a fun song =D
3648 days 23 hours ago
Limegrass
01) My Chemical Romance - This is one of those bands which I have never really gotten into, but it seems everyone else has. This isn't that bad actually! I loved the drums and bells in the verses, but perhaps the instrumentals between parts were a bit elongated.... nice chorus though!!

02) Adele - Lyrically, this is just perfect and spontaeneous, without feeling formulated. The big brassy backing instruments really do well in enhancing her voice as well. The chorus is just as good as everything else. Great song, but I feel like you have to see the film to fully understand the song...

03) Scissor Sisters - I can decide whether I like this song........ and that would be a no.

04) Destiny's Child - I was desperately trying to find a consistent beat in this and its just full of weird clicks and annoying non consistent beats... which is very annoying. A bit weird, but I certainly had my foot going with it! Quite enjoyable..

05) The Strokes - What was that?

06) Colbie Caillat - This was an absolutely pleasure to listen to. Felt lovely and mellow to start off with, but then when I started to pay more attention I really felt a nice little tune developing... lovely listen!

07) Ariana Grande - God she's so annoying (both of them) and she's only famous because of something called autotune... I mean have you heard her live? No, just get this crap out of my face. (I fear I'll have to give her points though... as some songs have been quite disappointing)

08) Green Day - OOOOOOO it's this song! This isn't that bad... feel like it's overplayed, but quite good none the less! Oh and that's Avril Lavignes husband isn't it? The 60 year old? Yeah I think so, anyway this was rather nice, good structure!!

09) Chris Brown - Keri saved it..... no question about it. The only reason this will get the amount of points is because of the harmony parts and the bits that Keri has solo..... Chris Brown is just so irritating with his weird not pronouncing the words properly... like no.

10) Panic! At The Disco - Lovely!!!!! Thank god we have good songs like this in this beta contest, otherwise I would have a rather difficult job when it comes to sorting them into points!!!! Nice little rock song, with a fabulous beat to follow along with.

11) Daniel Merriweather - I remember when this was released, and I didn't really understand the hype around it... I always thought something was missing from it, and I'm not quite sure what. In retrospect, it's still pretty damn lovely listening now, what were you thinking younger Limegrass... it's a perfectly good song!!

12) Of Monsters and Men - Never really gotten into this band, like My Chemical Romance. But unfourtunately with this song, I didn't really enjoy the verses that much, the chorus was good don't get me wrong, the other bits just dragged it down.... it sounds like they just needed to fill time in the song. Not that bad.

13) Kanye West - God, why?
3648 days 18 hours ago
bibbles
Avril Lavigne is married to Chad Kroeger from Nickleback. which one looks like a 60 year old lime?
3648 days 14 hours ago
Limegrass
The blonde one!! They look similar-ish? Maybe?
3648 days 14 hours ago
Limegrass
I've been informed his name is Mick Dirnt..... He's 42!!! I was only 18 out!
3648 days 13 hours ago
Insanity
1. My Chemical Romance – I wish their fans would get over the fact that they broke up. This song was a really fun start to the contest though, not gonna lie! Kinda got messy toward the end though.
2. Adele – Love her voice, but most of her songs are meh to me.
3. Scissor Sisters – ROFL…………. Idk. I like the humor, but not so much the song.
4. Destiny’s Child – YAAAAAAAAAAAS DESTINY YOU GAVE BIRTH TO SUCH A bEAUTIFUL CHILd
5. The Strokes – This was fun! Not too bad!
6. Colbie Caillat – Ew. No.
7. Ariana Grande – I love Ariana’s voice, and I love “The Way.” It’s not a totally bad song, but it doesn’t feel right for her at all… Like I feel like Iggy was more suited to sing a song like this idk...
8. Green Day – Classic. Love this for the nostalgia! I don’t love it as much as I did when it first came out though… Then again I was like 6 or 7 xD
9. Chris Brown – Did you feel like a superhuman when you turned Rhianna’s face into lunch meat?
10. Panic! At The Disco – What’s not to love about Brendon Urie? Honestly?
11. Daniel Merriweather – Ehhhh… Not bad.
12. Of Monsters and Men – This song is so fun! It’s nothing compared to Little Talks, but it’s nice for sure!
13. Kanye West – Nope. Nope. Nope.

open group

BETA (a TSC Production)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!