This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC Beta 21!

Topic » TSC Beta 21!

3675 days 9 hours ago
bibbles
2)        Alesha Dixon – hubby really like her, shes not my fav, but this song is very catchy, and very true!!
3675 days 9 hours ago
Monrooster
3)        Paolo Nutini – Last Request

The third British act of the night so far, Scottish artist Paolo Nutini has enjoyed fame since 2006. His debut album “These Streets” reached #3 in the UK and his 2009 album “Sunny Side Up” bettered it reaching #1. He then took a break from releasing music for a while, but still kept relatively busy. He had a headline position in the UK Latitude festival and performed as part of the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics. His new album “Caustic Love” was released this month.
3675 days 9 hours ago
bibbles
3)        Paolo Nutini – I love his new single!! This is very relaxed but has a nice pace at the same time, he has a lovely tone to his voice.
3675 days 9 hours ago
Monrooster
4)        Martin Garrix – Animals

The first non-UK artist of the night, Martin Garrix is a Dutch DJ. He released a few songs in 2012, but his single “Animals” in 2013 composed at the age of 15 shot him to fame worldwide. It reached #1 in the UK and Belgium as well as other top 10 positions across Europe and it reached #8 in the US and #10 in New Zealand. He says that his interest in becoming a DJ came from watching the DJ Tiesto play a set in the Olympic Games in Athens in 2004.
3675 days 9 hours ago
bibbles
4)        Martin Garrix – not a fan of this repetitive thump thump stuff, they all use the same bits of music and just move them around, it becomes mind numbing after a while! I would imagine a whole album would send me into a coma!
3675 days 9 hours ago
Monrooster
5)        Hinder – Lips of an Angel

Hinder is an American rock band from Oklahoma formed in 2001. The band cite some of their influences as Nirvana, Foo Fighters and The Rolling Stones. Their first album “Extreme Behavior” reached #6 in the US and their 2008 album “Take it the Limit” reached #4. Since then, their albums haven’t dented the top 10, but this being their first use in either TSC or TSC Beta, will their song go down well in this contest?
3675 days 9 hours ago
bibbles
5)        Hinder – that first bit before he started singing reminded me of a rod stewart track. Its very country meets nickleback!
3675 days 9 hours ago
Monrooster
6)        Howie Day – Collide

Howard Kern Day, better known as Howie Day, is an American singer-songwriter. His first album “Australia” in 2000 was self-financed.  He became well-known for his single “Collide” in 2004 which reached #20 in the US charts. Since then however, he received significant negative attention after a series of arrests. After this negative attention, it seems he hasn’t released anything that has done as well as his single “Collide”. Can he redeem himself with a win in TSC Beta 21?
3675 days 9 hours ago
bibbles
2004 and #20, just scrapped though the rules!
3675 days 9 hours ago
bibbles
6)        Howie Day – its okay, a bit slow, a bit sluggish! A bit mixed up!
3675 days 9 hours ago
Monrooster
7)        Faul & Wad Ad (vs. Pnau) – Changes

Faul & Wad Ad is a French DJ duo. They shot to fame in Europe in 2013 with the deep-house hit “Changes”. After firstly becoming successful in countries like France and Germany, it has very recently become popular in the UK, reaching #3 in the UK charts last week. Their single “Changes” features a project from Pnau, a dance music duo from Australia who sampled a children’s choir called “Baby”.
3675 days 9 hours ago
Monrooster
Yup, made it through by the skin of its teeth!
3675 days 9 hours ago
bibbles
i try to pick songs that are 2005 and newer and top 10, just incase ive misread the info or wiki is wrong!!
3675 days 9 hours ago
bibbles
7)        Faul & Wad Ad – when the kids in assembly sing, it brings a tear to my eye! This brought a tear to my eye, but for different reasons!!
3675 days 9 hours ago
Monrooster
8)        The White Stripes – My Doorbell

Famed for their smash hit “Seven Nation Army” and its iconic bass line, The White Stripes consisted of the American duo Jack and Meg White. They were married from 1996 to 2000 but divorced before the duo shot to fame in 2003 with their album Elephant. “Seven Nation Army” as a single surprisingly did not reach #1 anywhere, reaching a respectable #7 in the UK, but a surprisingly low #76 in the US. After that, they enjoyed fame releasing a few more singles and albums, but eventually broke up in 2011.

open group

BETA (a TSC Production)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!