This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC Beta 15!

Topic » TSC Beta 15!

3786 days ago
Monrooster
I'll wait a little bit again, kilik, but I may decide to push on, because I have some things to do soon.
3786 days ago
Monrooster
5.        The Script – If You Could See Me Now

Some fun facts about The Script…
-        Band members Danny O’Donoghue and Mark Sheehan have been best friends since the age of 12 growing up in Dublin

-        Danny O’Donoghue has been a coach on The Voice UK, winning Season 2 with artist Andrea Begley

-        The band cite some of their influences as U2, Timbaland and The Police
3786 days ago
kilikfanof2mrow
3. Luke Bryan- It's one of those good ol fashioned country songs. I'm seeing it being one of the better songs. But who knows.

4. White lies- The only song so far I don't know. And I would've liked to have kept it that way. It's a bit dry.
3786 days ago
kilikfanof2mrow
(you can post the other two. i'm kinda busy atm)
3786 days ago
Monrooster
5)        The Script – I didn’t imagine them rapping. I find the rap a bit poppy and slightly soppy. It’s nice though that the music tonality is uplifting and would probably inspire a lot of people. I know the concept is very emotional and probably very close to one or a few of the band members, but it’s not really my style sorry.
3786 days ago
Monrooster
6.        Train – Drive By

Some fun facts about Train…
-        Band member Pat Monahan used to be part of a cover band, which was primarily Led Zeppelin songs.

-        Columbia Records rejected them in 1996, but signed them in 1998 after they released their first album on their own. They financed it themselves for $25,000.

-        Band members Hotchkiss and Monahan are both married to schoolteachers. Their wives introduced them, and they formed the band.
3786 days ago
Monrooster
6)        Train – Very simple, but incredibly catchy. It’s a bit style over substance though. I find the title a bit hammily placed and the lyrics are a bit… primitive overall. I suppose they’re easy to remember that way though. The verses don’t really flow melodically and stylistically into the chorus either really. Saying that though, I’ll be whistling the tune for this for the next hour or so.
3786 days ago
Monrooster
ALL 6 SONGS HAVE BEEN POSTED

Listen and comment on all songs and then PM your votes to me (12 10 8 7 6) (LOL)

You cannot vote for yourself, or discuss voting with others.

Voting Deadline is Monday 7 pm BST/ 2 pm EST (But please do it ASAP)

Results show will be Monday 9 pm BST/ 4 pm EST
3785 days 18 hours ago
Insanity
Sorry I didn't compete this contest! I've been swamped because of the holidays and work and whatnot. ;-; I feel bad that there were only six entries though.
3785 days 14 hours ago
Samhuss
1.        Gotye – Somebody I Used To Know  This got really really old, and I have never liked the original version, the covers are much better. so I am not a big fan of this.
2.        Amy Winehouse – Rehab It is a really good song, but I have never been soo excited when I hear it, I am just like okay this is tolerable.
3.        Luke Bryan – Muckalee Creek Water Well, I can say this is the worst of Luke's, still I like it. a country song is always refreshing.
4.        White Lies – Death Oh gosh. I have never heard this, but I like so many of their songs, this one felt so I donno, but it just really went NO WHERE. :(
5.        The Script – If You Could See Me Now SOmething, deffirent from what they usually do, but definitely just as great.
6.        Train – Drive By I love it :) probably my fav among the rest, but yeah same IT GOT OLD. lol
3785 days 8 hours ago
Limegrass
1)        Gotye - I've never liked this song, it always really grated on me. The childish melody and annoying voice added to my confusion as to why it was so popular and still is!
2)        Amy Winehouse - I love this song, and all of her others to be frank. WHen I heard she died, I was seriously so sad because I knew she could of had so many more successful albums, but as it stands, she's left behind two amazing albums, and great songs such as this.
3)        Luke Bryan - Nice and country, very lovely and very traditional. Lovely to listen to, but is it more of a background song? Maybe, but it's still rather good!
4)        White Lies  It's alright, not something I would go crazy over, but something casual that I would listen to while tidying my room, or something like that, pleasant.
5)        The Script - Nope, no thank you very muchly thank you not.
6)        Train - Loving it. It's not only just a great song for now, it's just so infectious and you know it's going to be in your head for the rest of the day. Lovely song!
3785 days 6 hours ago
bibbles
cant believe ive missed a contest!! ive been away, but if you need a jury, i can do that!!
3785 days 6 hours ago
Monrooster
Yes please, bibbles! :) I did send you a e-mail saying you could!
3785 days 6 hours ago
bibbles
i was reading my mail the wrong way round!! i will listen to the songs later and send you my votes. wish i could have participated!!
3785 days 2 hours ago
kilikfanof2mrow
1)        Gotye- I still think this could get top three. Personally, I do like this song but it isn't the Belgian's best song. It's interesting as it is a testament to the indie genre, but I believe that is as far as it's gonna get from me.
2)        Amy Winehouse- They try to get me not to like this song, but I said hell yeah man. I do love Amy, and even if this isn't my all time favorite song (It comes close), it is a testament to the years. Amy gave birth to a new age of female artists.
3)        Luke Bryan- Shame, I expected more from Luke Bryan. It's not a bad song, at all. It's gonna be hard to tell, but I don't expect a top 4 from this entry. It's just a floater, something in between
4)        White Lies- And songs like this are exactly why you haven't really made US success. As an American, I gotta say that was rubbish. I don't know whether to set it on fire or not.
5)        The Script- I do like the Script. (Side Note- Danny's team in season one did Somebody That I Used to Know) That being said, I'm not sure where this song will even be on my list. I didn't think it was all that powerful, but there's something there, no less.
6)        Train- I deal with this song at least 5 times a week. I am not saying it is a bad song. Hell, I didn't even realize it was Train until this TSCb, but that's neither here nor there. I'm not sure if this is gonna be a top 3 song. I see it there, but then again, I see this being more convoluted than Bill Clinton's interview. So there's that.

open group

BETA (a TSC Production)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!