This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC Beta 13!

Topic » TSC Beta 13!

3805 days 7 hours ago
ricktworick1
ALL 10 SONGS HAVE BEEN POSTED

Listen and comment on all songs and then PM your votes to me (12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2)

You cannot vote for yourself, or discuss voting with others.

Voting Deadline is Wednesday 8 pm BST (But please do it ASAP)

Results show will be Wednesday 9 pm BST
3805 days 5 hours ago
kilikfanof2mrow
(Just saying... the 5th song isn't technically legal according to the rules.)
3804 days 16 hours ago
ricktworick1
The "&" might be a bit controversial, as Aguilera wasn't supposed to be an original artist in this song.
3804 days 13 hours ago
kilikfanof2mrow
She wasn't, and it had been released before that by one of the two band members on a solo album. So... yeah.
3804 days 11 hours ago
ricktworick1
Well, it still doesn't mean it's a cover, because the original artist is still the main one.
3804 days 7 hours ago
bibbles
well that was hard!!

1. Disclosure – nice beat, nice vocals, is someone eating a packet of crisps!!! not my thing, but was okay.
2. Breach – very 70’s 80’;s discos, nice vocals, nice beat. not my thing, but was okay.
3. Adam Lamber – nice beat, nice vocal, not my thing, but was okay.t
4. Christina Perri – bit of a slow one after the fast paced ones, nice vocals, not my thing, but was okay
5. A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera – oh another slow one, thought the other one had started playing again, nice vocals, not my thing, but was okay.
6. Florence & The Machine – this was mini bibs ring tone on her first phone, so I hate it!!
7. The Zutons – prefer this version to the over played amy winehouse version!
8. Little Mix – annoying start! Nice vocals, not my thing, but was okay!
9. KT Tunstall – nice beat, nice vocals, not my thing, but was okay
10. Gary Barlow –not sure I like these vocals!! But it is Gary Barlow!!
3804 days 6 hours ago
kilikfanof2mrow
This is hard.

1. Disclosure- Not exactly my cup of tea (it's not Twinings. It's Celestial Seasoning's, je te remercie.) A bit brash but I guess I liked it. Wasn't the best start.
2. Breach- I quite liked this song. I am not a kid of the gen where this should fit, but it does. Thumbs up to you.
3. Adam Lambert- I'm glad you didn't go illegally here with Whaddaya Want From Me. It's was middle of the road. And therefore not the best, not the worst.
4. Christina Perri- ABSOLUTELY DETEST SAID SONG. NO!
5. A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera- I'm still saying NO. Legal or not, according to my recollection, re-recordings with other artists are covers. That being said, it's too dry for my tastes. And drones on
6. Florence & the Machine- EEP! YES YES YES!
7. The Zutons- Again, I agree with Bibbles on this song. It's the best version out there.
8. Little Mix- No, please go back to the X-Factor with you.
9. KT Tunstall- This song has been a guilty pleasure of mine since I first heard it (when it was sung by Katherine McPhee on American Idol). That being said, it's gonna be hard to say which song I like the most as three of them have struck chords with me.
10. Gary Barlow- Who's he? No, just joking. American here. And I'm not too thrilled with it.

OUT OF 10 songs, 4 I liked, 3 I was nonplussed about, 2 I'm pretty sure I hated, and 1 just got past the censor. It's times like these when you know that not everything is checked for  quality assurance.
3804 days 6 hours ago
Limegrass
1. Disclosure - It's one of those songs that I've heard of but not really listened in detail before. I kind of like it because of the nice voice (the male one) but I kind of dislike it because of the voice (the weird whispery female one) ... is it synth, is it indie, is it rock? I don't know, quite unsure about this one.

2. Breach - Oooo, well isn't this an interesting one. The familiar synthy feel is changed with many different voices no doubt coming from the same woman. The feeling is quite weird and nice at the same time, like it's lulling me into giving it high points, is it working? Maybe? Am I enjoying this? Not really.

3. Adam Lambert - Well; at least this was liberating for him? I don't even know where to start. The whole video was something like Alice and Wonderland and A Nightmare On Elm Street mixed together, so I tried to focus on the song. The chorus was quite nice, and it bobbed along well, quite relaxing and nice, actually!

4. Christina Perri - Knowing every word to a song really does testament to how much you like it sometimes. In this case, it really did ring true. The lovely guitar backed with delicious vocals proved to be a great combination; it's just the annoying popular vampire franchise getting in the way of the video which irritates me; but I think I can look past that to appreciate the great song.

5. A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera - Do not get me wrong, I do really really love this song, it's just that Alex and Sierra sung it better. The truth of that fact in my opinion sort of tarnishes the original as now I kind of crave to hear the A&S version, which is not the version I'm voting for in this contest.

6. Florence & The Machine - I've never really u nderstood this song, it's jus tthe fact they used "dog" which really confused me, but anyway back to the song. The typical Florence rhythm is really nice to be honest, and it's just a nice relaxing song to listen to, if not a bit too familiar after over 3 years of radio abuse.

7. The Zutons - I'm not going to say Amy Winehouse sang it better. I'm not going to say Amy Winehouse sang it better. I'm not going to say Amy Winehouse sang it better. I'm not going to say Amy Winehouse sang it better. BUT SHE DID!

8. Little Mix - Loved them on the X Factor and I truly believe they are one of the best things to ever come of that program and the fact that this only got to number 3 in the charts really just disgusts me. Maybe I'm just a sucker for girl bands or a really catchy chorus, but I really love this song, and it's literally been in my head for two months now. Constantly.

9. KT Tunstall - The only act I didn't know in this contest, and I can honestly say I'm very pleasantly surprised. A nice melody going with alternating smooth and rugged vocals, lovely to the ears.

10. Gary Barlow - When he announced a new single, I thought christ here we go again, but again a lovely pleasant surprise presents itself forth! It's just annoying how he always has his "finger on the pulse" as a reality judge somewhere would say. I seriously like this, and the beat is way too catchy to become annoying. Very nice.
3804 days 5 hours ago
NerdBird44
1) Disclosure - Yeah, there's not much to say about this one. Rather slow, rather dull, and just overall a bore fest.

2) Breach - I'm sorry, but I really disliked this one. The vocals weren't, in my opinion, good, which really killed this song for me. While I was already tired of the voice, I grew rather tired of the beats in a quick matter of time as well.

3) Adam Lambert - I've tried to listen to a ton of his songs, and I've hated them all. This is no exception.

4) Christina Perri - This song always makes my eyes tear up. It's so beautiful, and so real. I absolutely love Christina Perri's vocals as well. The only negative, besides being a song about vampires, is the fact that I feel like an old and single cat lady while listening to this. I mean, what single and straight male wouldn't want a lovely lady in his life after listening to this? :/

5) A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera - Another tear maker! Ugh, how I love this song. Amazing vocals from both of them, and I especially love how meaningful these lyrics are.

6) Florence & the Machine - THIS IS LEGIT IN MY TOP 5 FAVORITE SONGS EVER MADE. <3

7) The Zutons - To be honest, I had high expectations for the original. When I first heard Amanda Brown sing this on The Voice, I fell in love with the song. However, I really hate the original. The vocals are dull and slow, while the whole song is a lot more laid back then I would've thought. I prefer Amanda Brown much more then these "Zuton" people.

8) Little Mix - This might be a little embarrassing... But I really love this song! :x

9) KT Tunstall - BUT I SAID YES... YES, YES, YES! <3

10) Gary Barlow - Eh, this was okay. I don't have much criticism, but I don't have many compliments either. Would I listen to this out of pleasure? Probably not.
3803 days 5 hours ago
TolisKalkas
1. Disclosure - it's aiight
2. Breach - ohhh werq
3. Adam Lambert - people used to say that I reminded them of him... no
4. Christina Perri - ballad being a ballad
5. A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera - another ballad being a ballad
6. Florence & The Machine - oh hi flo!
7. The Zutons - mmm... this wasn't that bad
8. Little Mix - I am moving!
9. KT Tunstall - I love some of her other stuff better
10. Gary Barlow - oh gary... hi gary... you can somf
3803 days 5 hours ago
Monrooster
1)        Disclosure – I loved this song when it came out. For a week, I was singing a riff or two from this not knowing what song it was from. It got a bit overplayed and I grew tired of it. It’s been a while since I’ve heard it though, so this was pretty pleasant.
2)        Breach – I haven’t heard this before, interesting. It’s refreshingly retro, but there’s instrumentation that’s grating on me. It’s alright, but meh.
3)        Adam Lambert – I haven’t listened to much Adam Lambert. What I have listened to, I haven’t really liked. This isn’t much better. The modern sounds and scratching on his voice is a bit annoying. It’s pretty Eurovision, but meh.
4)        Christina Perri – I do really like this song, but feel I shouldn’t. It’s quite soppy. It’s another one that got a bit overplayed, especially on the TV, I think, but it’s nice and uplifting.
5)        A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera – I haven’t listened to this before either. Very earnest piano ballad. It’s fairly repetitive and I am finding the repetition kinda pretentious, but overall, I did like it.
6)        Florence & The Machine – God, this song feels so old now. It might have been this one that shot them into stardom. I like it when it picks up in the chorus with the drums coming in. I find her voice a bit too whiny at times, but yeah, another good song.
7)        The Zutons – Yeah, nice rasp to his voice, but I’m not really that big of the song. I don’t know. It’s repetitive and I don’t really feel engaged.
8)        Little Mix – Nice instrumentation and nice build to a chorus, but then it drops to nothing special. Thought it would be more disco or pop, but it hasn’t got as much energy as I thought it might.
9)        KT Tunstall – I thought this was older than it actually is. It seems like ages ago this came out. I like the rasp to her voice, turning it up when necessary for emotion. I like the guitar sections too coming out of the chorus. It builds up really nice too to a nice finish. Short, but sweet
10)        Gary Barlow – I don’t like Gary Barlow as a person. I don’t know what it is. Folky pop isn’t what I’d have him down as for his music. It’s pretty pleasant, but not really anything special.
3803 days ago
Insanity
1. Disclosure - Liked it. It was kinda spacey. like... out space spacey. Does that make sense? I LIKED IT OK?
2. Breach - This one was just okay.
3. Adam Lambert - This song is really annoying.
4. Christina Perri - Didn’t realize how long this was. @_@ It’s nice though.
5. A Great Big World & Xtina - Awwwwh. This was cute! :’)
6. Florence and the Machine - Oh wow. I forgot about this. Classic Florence. Loves her!
7. The Zutons - Eh. Kinda basic.
8. Little Mix - The whole time I was thinking that they were some Destiny’s Child wannabes.
9. KT Turnstall - The only people that like this song are middle aged women!
10. Gary Barlow - Ahahahahaha no.
3802 days 12 hours ago
andalarew_2231
1. Disclosure wow this song was something else O.O
2. Breach omg this song was soooo goood
3. Adam Lambert a little old but still a good song
4. Christina Perri too long i never was into her much
5. A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera   meh
6. Florence & The Machine  this was my jam when it first came out lol. i love it so much
7. The Zutons  that was decent
8. Little Mix   i feel like this song was all over the place...
9. KT Tunstall  one of my faveroite songs of all time
10. Gary Barlow
this was just OK
3802 days 8 hours ago
smi9127
Disclosure - It was interesting, very different. i liked it
Breach - hmmmm i haven't heard this one before. I'm not really sure if i liked it
Adam Lambert - honestly have never been a fan of this :L
christina Perri - Always time to love christina. good song.
A Great Big World & Xtina - I mean it was okay i guess
florence and the machine - I loved this song when it came out lol. nice choice
The Zutons - Never heard this one either. very interesting
Little Mix - Also never really liked them tbh
Kt Turnstall - ehhhhhh im not really feelin this one
Gary Barlow - i mean you tried right?
3802 days 8 hours ago
ricktworick1
Results in less than 10 minutes!

open group

BETA (a TSC Production)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!