This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Liar Game Round 1: Minority Rule

Topic » Liar Game Round 1: Minority..

1934 days 10 hours ago
nbkiller
Minority Rule
Objective: Become the last player standing by correctly answering yes-or-no questions!

OVERVIEW

1.        Each player will receive a 100m yen loan. This money is paid into a pot.

2.        At the game start, all players will receive ‘A’ and ‘B’ signatures for signing contracts, one of which the Dealer will privately identify as binding for them. [Ex: nbkiller-A (binding), nbkiller-B (False)]

3.        Each turn will last for 48 hours, with a time limit of 7 turns

4.        Each turn, players must submit a ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ answer to the purposed question via Tengaged Mail. If all players submit their answer before the deadline, the round will end early. If you don’t want this to happen, let me know, and the round will continue until the deadline.

5.        At the end of the round, all players will have their answer revealed publicly.

6.        The players who choose the answer with more votes lose and are eliminated from Minority Rule and will go to Revival Round 1. If the vote is a tie (or unanimous), no players will lose.

7.        Players may sign contracts with other players ONLY to split prize money. Please see the ‘Contracts & False Signatures’ section for more details.
     a.        Players who lose are still entitled to prize money if their name is on a winning contract.

8.        If a player is inactive, meaning does not submit an answer in a turn, that player will automatically lose and cannot receive any prize money. Inactive players do not count towards the vote for that turn.

CONTRACTS & FALSE SIGNATURES

1.        This game accepts contracts. The only acceptable contracts are limited to the division of prize money should one of the signatories win.

2.        All signatories must submit the same contract to the Dealer, otherwise, it will not be approved.
     a.        Contracts submitted must be an exact duplicate of each other. If you alone misspell a word, the contract will not be approved. Please use copy-paste.
     b.        Sending a contract through a group message and everyone saying “I Agree” will NOT count as a submitted contract. All contracts must be sent by individual tengaged mail to the dealer. (The dealer should be the only one the mail is sent to).

3.        All signatories' binding OR false signature must appear somewhere on the contract.
     a.        Using a false signature means the contract does not apply to you.
     b.        Signatures must be the same on ALL copies, including the A or B signatures. Otherwise it will not be approved.

4.        All binding signatures cannot force you to pay out more than half the pot. (Ex: In an 8 player game, you may not pay out more than 400m when the total pot is 800m). If you try to submit a binding contract that forces you over the limit, the LGT will not approve the contract.

5.        The LGT will try to approve and notify all signatories within 24 hours but may have to delay approval for various reasons including player fault or contract fault. The LGT is not obligated to explain any delays or pause the game to approve contracts. The LGT will work with players or notify signatories involved in the contract if necessary.

6.        The LGT will notify all signatories through tengaged mail when the contract has been approved. The LGT will mail a copy of the contract for confirmation.

ENDGAME AND PAYOUTS

1.        The game will continue until only one (1) or two (2) players remain. Those players are the winners of Minority Rule and will move to Round 2. All others will go to Revival Round 1.

2.        If more than 2 players remain after 7 turns, ALL players lose and will go to Revival Round 1.

3.        The LGT will NOT announce the total payouts. Instead, signatories to a contract involving the winning player will be notified on an individual basis the total payout received.

4.        Payouts to a false signature and payouts to inactive players will not be made.
1934 days 10 hours ago
nbkiller
The rules to each game will be posted ~24 hours in advance to give you all ample time to ask questions and get clarification on the rules of the game.

This game will simply have all 22 players in a single group playing together. One or two players will win this game and move on to Round 2 of the tournament. All losing players will play in Revival Round 1, where they will need to fight for their lives in the tournament.

--------------------------------------------------

GROUP A (22 players)

Chandlerp1996
Christian_
Christian37
coltsfan876
coolexchangestudent
Ethan000
Gaiaphagee
Gamerden13
ghrocky100
jman96
Mybash_
mysterygame2
opslove
Pieguy555
piesyumyyumypies
Ramanik
RavenWhiteFeather
rawr121
RealJacksonWalsh
Ryan_Jambe
Wileycoyote
Zinger

----------------------------------------------------------------

Minority Rule will begin on Friday, January 11th at 9 PM EST. Please feel free to ask questions either in this thread, or by mail or skype. I will be happy to answer anything you need!
1934 days 10 hours ago
rawr121
A_C121 is my skype
1933 days 16 hours ago
nbkiller
CONTRACT CLARIFICATIONS:

------------------------------------------------------

In a contract, all players signing must use either their A or B signatures (example: nbkiller- A or nbkiller- B).

If you use your binding signature, the contract will be enforced by the LGT.

If you use your false signature, the contract will not apply to you.

You may only use ONE of your signatures in a contract. For example, I cannot sign a contract with both nbkiller- A and nbkiller- B.

1933 days 15 hours ago
nbkiller
MINORITY RULE- ROUND 1

As you all congregate in the main hall, you see what appears to be polling booths set up on the sides of the podium in the center. After all is set up, the masked attendant on the stage pipes up: “Welcome, welcome, welcome! The twenty-two of you have stepped forward to have a shot at becoming our new King of Liars. Others have taken this as a chance to earn the largest prize you can.”

“This first game is a simple game of voting, called Minority Rule. You may have heard of Majority rule, but this is quite different.” He goes on to explain the rules.

“Although this game initially seems to be a game of luck, it is far from it. This is a game of time. How you use it is up to you. Play your hearts out. Aim for a certain win. Use your time wisely, as the game has now begun!”

The attendant pauses before continuing….. “If there are no further questions, Round 1 will have a very simple question.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the answer to this question YES?
YES                or                 NO
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have 48 hours to cast your votes. Please mail nbkiller your votes by 8 PM EST on Sunday, January 13th. If all players have sent in their votes early before the end of the round, the round will end early.

All votes and contracts must be sent by mail to nbkiller. When sending in a contract, make sure everyone sends the same contract. I will try my best to confirm all contracts within 24 hours of receiving them.

In addition to votes, feel free to send in a question to debut in future rounds!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remaining Players (22):
Chandlerp1996
Christian_
Christian37
coltsfan876
coolexchangestudent
Ethan000
Gaiaphagee
Gamerden13
ghrocky100
jman96
Mybash_
mysterygame2
opslove
Pieguy555
piesyumyyumypies
Ramanik
RavenWhiteFeather
rawr121
RealJacksonWalsh
Ryan_Jambe
Wileycoyote
Zinger
1933 days 14 hours ago
nbkiller
QUESTION:
Can I change my vote once I send it in

ANSWER:
Yes, you may change your votes as many times as you'd like before the deadline. However, once I get all votes, then the round will end.
1931 days 15 hours ago
nbkiller
ROUND 1 RESULTS:

As the timer ticks down to 0, the LGT attendant in charge walks through the room, back up to the podium.

'I hope you all have made the correct decision. Although the choices are simple, the first moves in this game have consequences for the future. Who is running the show, and who is just acting in it? Now, it's time to eliminate the first few from the stage.'

The attendant slowly but meticulously takes the votes out of the box one by one and reads them aloud:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chandlerp1996- YES
Christian_- YES
Christian37- YES
coltsfan876- NO
coolexchangestudent- YES
Ethan000- NO
Gaiaphagee- DID NOT VOTE
Gamerden13- NO
ghrocky100- YES
jman96- NO
Mybash_- YES
mysterygame2- NO
opslove- YES
Pieguy555- YES
piesyumyyumypies- YES
Ramanik- YES
RavenWhiteFeather- YES
rawr121- YES
RealJacksonWalsh- NO
Ryan_Jambe- YES
Wileycoyote- NO
Zinger- NO

TOTAL VOTES:
YES- 13 votes
NO- 8 votes

INACTIVE- Gaiaphagee

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"With that, we have our first minority!"

Those of you who voted yes, obviously the answer to this question was no. Therefore, we would like to ask you to leave, and come back for Revival Round 1. You'll get the chance to earn back your debt to the LGT.

Or have you been taken care of by other players still in Minority Rule? In that case, good luck to them!

Some players leave peacefully, while others....need a little bit of persuasion from the attendants.

For the second round, we pose a question offered by one of you!

---------------------------------------------------
Have you been lied to yet?
----------------------------------------------------

You have 48 hours to cast your vote. Please mail nbkiller your vote of Yes or No by 8 PM EST on Tuesday, January 15th. You may change your vote until the round is over, but once I get all votes, then the results will be revealed.

All votes and contracts must be sent by tengaged mail to nbkiller. Votes and contracts sent through Skype are not accepted. If sending a contract, make sure all signatories have identical copies of the contract to ensure a quicker approval.

---------------------------------------------

Remaining players (8):
coltsfan876
Ethan000
Gamerden13
jman96
mysterygame2
RealJacksonWalsh
Wileycoyote
Zinger
1929 days 17 hours ago
nbkiller
ROUND 2 RESULTS

The crowd feels much less dense, considering over half of the original group had to leave. You look over at your fellow competitors as you subtly slip your vote into the ballot box. 'Did I make the right choice?'

You wait until the last of the ballots are placed in the box, and the same attendant stops the countdown clock.

'Well, it seems like you lot are confident in your answers! Let's see if people have been lied to yet.....

-------------------------------------------------------------

coltsfan876- NO
Ethan000- NO
Gamerden13- YES
jman96- YES
mysterygame2- NO
rawr121- NO
Wileycoyote- YES
Zinger- YES

YES- 4 Votes
NO- 4 Votes

----------------------------------------------------------------

'Well, well, well! A split decision, how exciting!'

It appears that a minority couldn't be reached this time. No matter, we have another chance to do so still!

All eight of you will continue to round 3 of Minority Rule with a new question!

Did you sign a contract in Minority Rule?

You have 48 hours to cast your vote. Please mail nbkiller your vote of Yes or No by 6 PM EST on Tuesday, January 17th. You may change your vote until the round is over, but once I get all votes, then the results will be revealed.

All votes and contracts must be sent by tengaged mail to nbkiller. Votes and contracts sent through Skype are not accepted. If sending a contract, make sure all signatories have identical copies of the contract to ensure a quicker approval.

Remaining players (8):
coltsfan876
Ethan000
Gamerden13
jman96
mysterygame2
RealJacksonWalsh
Wileycoyote
Zinger
1929 days 16 hours ago
nbkiller
Apologies, the results are actually as follows:

coltsfan876- NO
Ethan000- NO
Gamerden13- YES
jman96- YES
mysterygame2- NO
RealJacksonWalsh- NO
Wileycoyote- YES
Zinger- YES

The result remains unchanged.
1928 days 14 hours ago
nbkiller
ROUND 3 RESULTS

The eight players remaining continue to talk among themselves throughout the round. Rather quickly this time, players make their way over to the ballot box and cast their votes.

As the last ballot is put into the box, the players get the attention of the dealer.

"We'd like to end the round early if we could please! All of us have our votes in."

You can see the excitement in the Dealer's face (even behind the mask) as he quickly makes his way over to the ballot box. Everyone watches him put the votes up on a board, and gasps....

-----------------------------------------------------------

coltsfan876- NO
Ethan000- NO
Gamerden13- YES
jman96- NO
mysterygame2- YES
RealJacksonWalsh- NO
Wileycoyote- YES
Zinger- YES

YES- 4 Votes
NO- 4 Votes

.....as they see another tie in the votes.

"Alright then, another split vote! We're nearly halfway through the time limit, so make sure you're getting every last scenario taken card of! Once again, aim for a certain win, and use your time wisely."

The dealer resets the clock, and steps down, waiting everyone's votes for the next round with the following question:

Does money mean the world to you?

You have 48 hours to cast your vote. Please mail nbkiller your vote of Yes or No by 8 PM EST on Friday, January 18th. You may change your vote until the round is over, but once I get all votes, then the results will be revealed.

Remaining players (8):
coltsfan876
Ethan000
Gamerden13
jman96
mysterygame2
RealJacksonWalsh
Wileycoyote
Zinger
1928 days 14 hours ago
coolexchangestudent
Taken care of* :P
1926 days 17 hours ago
nbkiller
ROUND 4 RESULTS

The eight remaining players start to get flustered. Why has the vote tied so much? Who is working with whom? Am I getting lied to?

Everyone cautiously makes their way to the voting box and places their ballot in, awaiting the results.....

coltsfan876- YES
Ethan000- NO
Gamerden13- NO
jman96- YES
mysterygame2- YES
RealJacksonWalsh- YES
Wileycoyote- YES
Zinger- NO

YES- 5 votes
NO- 3 votes

With that, the dealer clears his throat and makes a gesture towards the door.

"And with that, we must now say goodbye to most of you. We hope to see you in the Revival Round in the future!"

Most of the remaining players walk out accordingly, but others fall to their knees and have to be nearly dragged out.

Once those who are eliminated leave, the dealer looks upon the three remaining.

"From what it looks like, this may very well be the last round. Use your time wisely with this question...."

Are you going to win Minority Rule?

You have 48 hours to cast your vote. Please mail nbkiller your vote of Yes or No by 6 PM EST on Sunday, January 20th. You may change your vote until the round is over, but once I get all votes, then the results will be revealed.

Remaining players (3):
Ethan000
Gamerden13
Zinger
1926 days 16 hours ago
jman96
Damn
1925 days 14 hours ago
nbkiller
MINORITY RULE- FINAL RESULTS

The crowd has thinned to a measly three participants. All three look at each other suspiciously as they each go up and cast their votes.

'Did we vote the same?' 'Will I be taken care of even if I lose?'

Similar thoughts go through everyone as the dealer opens the ballot box.

'The question was, Are you going to win Minority Rule? Let's find out what you all thought......

Ethan000- NO
Gamerden13- NO
Zinger- YES

YES- 1 votes
NO- 2 votes

The players take note of the final results and either jump for joy or grimace in defeat.

'It looks like the majority of you thought you wouldn't win minority rule, and it looks like that prophecy is self-fulfilling here, because Zinger has won Minority rule with a vote of Yes!

Congratulations Zinger! You have won Minority rule and have found a spot in Round 2! It seems that being honest in this question did the trick, although I can't say that'll always be the case. For his wisdom, Zinger wins 2200M yen!

That concludes our first game, and if you'll follow me Zinger, we'll go ahead and discuss how you will honor your contracts.

As for the rest of you, don't fret! You'll have plenty of chance to earn back your money in our first Revival Round!

Winner (1):
Zinger

Winners will be contacted as to how their contracts affect division of prize money. I will post here once bank accounts are updated. Revival Round 1 will be ready shortly!
1925 days 13 hours ago
nbkiller
All bank accounts have been updated and binding contracts have been honored.

You may transfer funds as you see fit. If anything appears off, please let me know.

open group

NB Reality: Archive

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!