This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 9: Raise the Bar

Topic » Episode 9: Raise the Bar

2092 days 10 hours ago
nbkiller
Blue vs Red
Green vs Gray

Hello players! This challenge is called “Chump Rope” and here’s how it works…

In this challenge, a bar will come swinging down once per hour, and you will have to jump over it.

In order to jump over the bar, you must mail me the phrase:
*JUMPS OVER BAR*

Think it’s that easy, well here’s the catch:

The bar comes around for a new jump on the top of the hour (aka 7:00:00 PM, 8:00:00 PM, 9:00:00 PM, etc.). So the object of the challenge is to jump AS CLOSE TO the top of the hour as possible.

If you jump while the time is 7:00:xx, 8:00:xx, 9:00:xx, etc), you will receive 100 points for your team for that hour. For every minute you are late, you will lose one point per minute. So if you jump at 7:42:25 for the 7 o’clock hour, then you will receive 58 points for your team.

If you do not jump within an hour, you will receive 0 points for that hour.

If you jump more than one time within an hour, you will receive 0 points for the hour you jumped 2 times for.

This challenge will last for 24 hours for you, so try to get as many jumps in along with making sure they’re as close to the top of the hour as possible.

I will average your scores, and the team in each match-up with the higher score wins!

EXAMPLE:
My team consists of nbkiller, randomize, tengaged_moderation, and Jubbzy

For the first hour, here is when our team mails in *JUMPS OVER BAR*
Nbkiller- 9:00:42 PM EST
Randomize- 9:13:22 PM EST
Tengaged_moderation- DID NOT MAIL
Jubbzy- 9:59:59 PM EST

Nbkiller got 100 points, Randomize got 87 points, Jubbzy got 41 points, and tengaged_Moderation got 0 points for our team.

NOTE: I will be using the tengaged time stamp for any calculations. A hint to you is that a mail sent at 10:00:00 is the same point value as a mail sent at 10:00:59

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may begin this challenge at ANY point by mailing me *JUMPS OVER BAR* until 10 PM EST on Saturday, August 4th. If you do not start your challenge by then, your challenge will be started for you.

You will continue until you hit the x:00:00 period that you sent your first mail. Your challenge will be over at that point. Example: If you started at 8:30:47 pm, your challenge ends at 8:00:00 pm as you have already scored for the 8 pm time period.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. The challenge will end at 10 PM EST Sunday, August 5th as that's 24 hours after the last people will have started.
2092 days 10 hours ago
nbkiller
As many of you have guessed, this is the LAST round before the final. Make it through this one, you're running the final with your team. The light at the end of the tunnel is near.
2092 days 8 hours ago
ladybug5
So either grey or green go in the final with one team member.
2092 days 8 hours ago
nbkiller
ladybug5
So either grey or green go in the final with one team member.

have I said that? I don't think I did :P

We'll hold off on that thought for a bit though!
2092 days 5 hours ago
nbkiller
THIS CHALLENGE STARTS WHEN -----YOU----- SEND YOUR FIRST MAIL.

It is your responsibility to start the challenge. If you do not, then it will automatically start without you knowing once the deadline to start has passed.
2091 days 22 hours ago
awwsum11
Nick I am about to win this season like Piddu in Cutthroat 2, don't you dare take that away from me
2090 days 9 hours ago
nbkiller
Tallying results now, will have everything done shortly.
2090 days 8 hours ago
nbkiller
CHALLENGE RESULTS:

Before I get to the results, I do need to say that a lot of you didn't read directions or went much longer than you needed to. For all of you, you had 24 jump periods, starting with the time you sent your first mail. If you sent your first mail at 22:57:00, then your first jump period was the 22:xx:xx time slot and your challenge ended at 22:00:00 the next day. Any mails sent after your challenge finished were ignored, and for some of you, that was quite a few mails.

Read directions in the final. If you don't, you WILL cost your team the game. You have been warned.

----------------------------------------------------

BLUE team:
Absol- 1321 points
cfff- 970 points
kingLiam- 1965 points

Average- 1418.67 points

------------------------------------------------

RED team:

Ladybug5- 621 points
LaFierceBrittany2- 2234 points
Lemjam6- 1000 points
NotNicky333- 609 points

Average- 1116 points

---------------------------------------------------

GREEN team:

awwum11- 2345 points
TheEclipse- 2193 points

Average- 2269 points

-----------------------------------------------------

GRAY team:

Lalisa- 2300 points
rawr121- 1392 points

Average- 1846 points

---------------------------------------------

And as per the match-ups, congratulations BLUE and GREEN teams! You have officially won this challenge!

Absol, cfff, kingLiam, awwsum11, and TheEclipse, you are the first 5 official FINALISTS for NB Reality 19: The Gauntlet. Congratulations!

Gray team, as there are only two of you remaining, you both will face the final gauntlet, so there is no voting for the green/gray teams.

Red team, two of you will face the final gauntlet per the usual voting. I will get that info shortly.
2090 days 8 hours ago
nbkiller
DETAILED RESULTS:

http://prntscr.com/kf3vjz

If you have questions, mail me.
2090 days 8 hours ago
Absol
https://78.media.tumblr.com/31d53cf916c27a843b75ad9fcc6fa20b/tumblr_p73pvyy0eT1slns15o3_500.gif
2090 days 8 hours ago
awwsum11
wow two Gauntlet winners going head-to-head in the final gl Absol
2090 days 8 hours ago
Christian_
I’m so proud of you Joey and Eric y’all did #THAT <3
Win that final boys!
2090 days 8 hours ago
LaFierceBrittany2
We tried, red team :/
Congratulations Blue and Gray on making it to the final! Good Luck to my teammates! Love ya’ll, this was a fun season :)
2090 days 7 hours ago
Lalisa
fuck sAKE

open group

NB Reality: Archive

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!