This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Nerd War #2

Topic » Nerd War #2

3724 days 11 hours ago
mminervini219
that awkward moment when no one on my team responds to mails -_-
3724 days 1 hour ago
porschefan101
CALLING ALL NERDS!

It is now time to reveal the banners you have created!

Green Team, now known as Team Defenders of Kingswood
http://i.imgur.com/VyDDCLI.png

Red Team, now known as Team Dark Bazinga Knights!
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2cz8pqo&s=8

Welcoming our guest judge this week, Tengaged's expert on all things Survivor...

it's Zimdelinvasor!

We will now critique your flags, and once we are done, we will post the final scores. Good luck!
3724 days 1 hour ago
porschefan101
We'll start with Defenders of Kingswood
3724 days 1 hour ago
ILoveSleep
U USED THE WRONG SCREENSHOT
3724 days 1 hour ago
Jkjkjk15
You're naming winners?
3724 days 1 hour ago
zimdelinvasor
Hey, sexy participants.
3724 days 1 hour ago
Ghoul
Defenders of Kingswood.

Name- I really enjoy the name, and I thought that it meshed well with your color. However I do wish you had gone the full circle with your GoT Kingswood reference and incorporated the famous Kingswood Brotherhood some more, which would have brought me to a geeky climax.

Nerdy References- You guys had Game of Thrones in your name, and incorporated multiple popular franchises, so well done on this.

Overall Look- The overall look was very good, maybe a bit unpolished at certain points with the Xbox 360 being a bit difficult to read in parts and other minor things, but it came out nicely.

Creativity- I enjoyed the banner, but it did look like many other group flag challenges in various group games. It excelled at being what it was, but I didn't think that it was ambitious as it could have been.
3724 days 1 hour ago
porschefan101
Name: 10/10
Love it! It sounds epic and really makes you guys sound like a strong unit.

Nerd References: 10/10
You guys packed a TON of nerd references in there, great job!

Creativity: 6/10
I love how you guys made yourselves all characters, and those in and of themselves were good, but overall it felt a tad uninspired.

Overall Visual Appeal: 9/10
You guys really knocked it out of the park. Everything looks great! My only complaint is that it's slightly off center, which is a distraction.
3724 days 1 hour ago
zimdelinvasor
DEFENDERS OF KINGSWOOD

That's a pretty solid team name. It sounds sufficiently nerdy, but also super cool. Like some kind of clan that lives in a forest and are proficient in magic in some shitty RPG I'd never play. Good job on the name.

Nerdy references... I have a level 100 Tropius named Ms. Banana, so I approve. You incorporated a lot of ~different~ references so good job on that. I do question whether XBOX is a nerd exclusive thing since it's so mainstream, but still, E for Effort there and I like the other ones.

Creativity, meh. It's just a bunch of pictures pasted together with a background and text that's in your color. I do like how you included all the avatars, though. But this does feel like a generic tribe flag. I'm tempted to dock all your creativity points on the grounds that green is not a creative color, but I won't.

Visual appeal makes up for the lack of creativity, though; sure, it's a generic tribe flag, but it's a GOOD generic tribe flag! It's pretty aesthetically pleasing so good job. Gradients make my loins tingle.
3724 days 1 hour ago
porschefan101
Im sorry, but I posted the wrong thing again LOL.

http://i.imgur.com/U7X7SYu.png
3724 days 1 hour ago
porschefan101
Now time for Team Dark Bazinga Knights!
3724 days 1 hour ago
ILoveSleep
"the grounds that green is not a creative color, but I won't."

well, we ARE the green team....
3724 days 1 hour ago
zimdelinvasor
DARK BAZINGA KNIGHTS

That's an.. okay name. I had to really, really try to set aside my seething fucking HATRED of Big Bang Theory and grade you objectively. "Dark Knights" sounds all ominous and foreboding, but then "Bazinga" is so lighthearted... and "Bazinga" isn't an adjective so what is a Bazinga Knight? Eh. It could be worse but I'm not a fan.

You did fine on nerdy references. Not extraordinary, but you did fine. No complaints but no high praise either. You did what you were supposed to. That's fine.

It is a pretty creative design. It looks much darker than I expected either of these to look, and that's definitely a good thing. It isn't a generic cut-and-paste job like the other flag. You definitely came up with a creative design here so good job there.

Visual appeal.. you guys could have gotten a 10/10 on this one VERY easily because it looks so badass, but as you'll see during the score reveal, you, well... didn't exactly get a 10/10 from me. This is because you made the fucking hilariously and inexplicably awful choice to send in a photograph of your flag instead of screenshotting it. I.... can't think of any possible explanation for this. Like I said, this is a /hilariously/ bad decision. For this, despite the flag itself looking really cool, I knocked you down. Substantially.
3724 days 1 hour ago
Jkjkjk15
Belles got a point!
3724 days 1 hour ago
porschefan101
Name: 6/10
Ehh...it was definitely nerdy, but it was REALLY cheesy. Not really a fan sadly.

Nerd References: 4/10
You guys really could have done a lot better than 2 references. All you had was Big Bang Theory and Batman.

Creativity: 7/10
I LOVE how you used a legit knight when referencing the Dark Knight. Otherwise I'm kinda neutral.

Overall Visual Appeal: 6/10
SERIOUSLY? It's not even a screenshot! It severely takes away from the quality. Also, it does have too much black for a red team flag.

open group

King of the Nerds 1

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!